Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? (44013 Views)

Get Rid Of Your Excess Body Fat Today!!! *PICTURES* / Please How Do I Make Onion Soup / What Is The Effect Of Cooking Without Onion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by tomX1(m): 12:38am On Dec 17, 2007
I love the taste of sliced onions on Suya (grilled beef or beef kebabs). I realy can't get enough of it. But the smell tends to linger on my breath even after brushing a couple of times. Does any one know a good way of getting rid of the onion smell on ones breath ater eating them?
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by omoge(f): 12:57am On Dec 17, 2007
eat less raw onion, drink more water, scrape and brush the tongue real good.
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by tomX1(m): 4:32pm On Dec 17, 2007
Thanks but the idea behind the question is to realy get to pile-on-the-onions on the suya I am going to eat and still be able to get rid of the smell afterwards. And when I mentioned brushing a couple of times afterwards, I mean the whole mouth: teeth, inner cheeks, gums, tounge, palates and all.
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by nosilla(f): 11:48pm On Dec 17, 2007
@tomX ,

This really works, chew a little bit of fresh parsley after eating onions, it also works with garlic!

nosillA xx
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by yimiton(f): 10:34am On Dec 18, 2007
Brush properly with a good brand of tooth paste and throw in a mint.
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by tomX1(m): 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2007
nosilla:

@tomX ,

This really works, chew a little bit of fresh parsley after eating onions, it also works with garlic!

nosillA xx

Sounds good. I wonder if parsley is available in Nigeria though.
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by cuteNhot(f): 9:07pm On Dec 19, 2007
after brushing the tongue
gargle with listerine
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by Biabeke(f): 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2008
Chew gum that contains mint. That will be your best bet while you are on the road. I hope this helps.
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by Ganjaseed: 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2008
Smoke weed after eating, then your mouth will smell good.
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by kamsi(f): 12:25am On Jan 18, 2008
parsley can be found in Nigeria in Lagos it is at mile 12. or under apongbon bridge were Hausa's sell vegetables. there is this particular Yoruba man, actually the only Yoruba man that sells vegetable there, ask for him and he would definitely have it.
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2008
CHEW PARSLEY!!

PARSLEY WILL SWEETEN EVEN A CAMEL'S BREATH!
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by TOYOSI20(f): 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2008
Brush ur teeth thoroughly. . . . . , , , . undecided
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by SweetT1: 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2008
get some tic tac.
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2008
The tongue and gums are most likely to retain food smells.

Brush with a good quality paste, and a decent brush, paying particular attention to gums and tongue.

Gargle with a mint mouthwash - Listerine or Colgate.

Get some Tic TacTM and that should do the trick.
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2008
I wonder why people eat raw onions
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by smurf1(f): 11:58pm On Dec 06, 2008
Use mouthwash like ten times tongue
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by CrazyMan(m): 12:51am On Dec 07, 2008
Like sweets like tom tom, vics and so on. They would give you fresher breath.
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by tpia: 2:12am On Dec 07, 2008
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by tosinadeda: 12:35am On Dec 08, 2008
una just dey waste una time grin
the smell goes when it wants to!!!!
u cant wash it off
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by spikedcylinder: 10:37am On Dec 10, 2008
Eat garlic. tongue

The combined taste of garlic and onions would sure do something. tongue
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by cleakoms: 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2010
Please, what is parsley called in yoruba, or in any other Nigerian language? Thanks
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by mamagee3(f): 1:57am On Mar 09, 2010
Getting rid of Onion smell, lol. grin
Onion has that strong odor that's quite difficult to eliminate
But, I suggest you use mouthwash and goggle it for about 3-4 minutes in your mouth
I'm sure it'll cleanse.
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by maqicq: 11:34pm On Mar 28, 2010
you can always buy the dried one from any supermarket these days, if you would prefer try sage, after all its used in preparing tooth paste smiley, good luck
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by yankidelta(m): 5:07am On Apr 04, 2010
Chew on bitter leaf stem(chewing stick),brush with a good paste with emphasis on the tongue after which chew on a strong-flavoured gum. cheesy
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by svovi: 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2010
@tomX,TRY LICK SOME PUSSY, wink wink
Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by myselfonly: 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
anytime you eat onion or garlic, eat apples or take spoonfuls of honey.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Get Rid Of Onion Smells From Your Breath? by Paulpenny(m): 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2016
Ganjaseed:
Smoke weed after eating, then your mouth will smell good.

Nice cool

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) / Chinese Stir Fried Noodles With Beef / A Street Boy Eating Bread & Closeup In Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.