Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa (3741 Views)

The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? / Beyonce Portraying Herself As Mother Mary & Blue IV As Jesus [PHOTO] / Bible Verses Of How Paul Contradicted Jesus (as) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
musKeeto:
If people say Jesus was gay, would that affect your beliefs? Would it affect your salvation? Why don't u let God fight his battles?

Good question - I have always wondered why Muslims and Christians are offended when their revered prophets are slandered by non-believers - how does that affect the message in anyway
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by cyrexx: 7:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
My own suggestion is why not pray in Jesus name to his Almighty Father to stop this movie that wants to "defame" his only begotten son.

it seems you christians care more than Jesus himself that they are portraying him as a gay. is he powerless to defend his own "reputation" and that he needs his believers to defend him?

pray to him to stop this movie and prove that when you pray, "someone" is actually listening to you. or else he is just your imaginary friend that you love so much

QED
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by MrAnony1(m): 11:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
musKeeto: @Mr. Anony:
I have pictures of my mom. You have no picture of Jesus. Hope you catch my drift..
An insult is still an insult it matters not if the victim of the insult has pictures or not
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by Ndipe(m): 11:54pm On Aug 06, 2012
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by MrAnony1(m): 12:00am On Aug 07, 2012
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by wiegraf: 12:31am On Aug 07, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Of course, instead of paying attention to the sensitivity of the issue, we can always talk about the bigotry and hypocrisy of these evil evil Christians who just will not stand back and let their Savior be defamed like normal civilized people would do.

You and I probably disagree on what normal civilized people are.

I am being insensitive, so are you. You do realize this demonized gay people have feelings too? Many religious seem to have a very hard time seeing other peoples vision of things, or getting their heads out of their asse.s as I believe it's called. Somehow they assume the world was built just for them.

And it is bigotry and hypocrisy, especially when done by black people (because of our recent history). There is no other way to cut it. Some people are born so effeminate when I see them being forced to play gender roles I feel disgusted, it is a great injustice. We've been screaming about having no rights for so long then turn around and do the same to another group. wtf? Even for those who choose to be gay, it is their right, and in no way any of your business. Nor should it disturb you, really. Or are people afraid one of them will accidentally slip and land on their backs? If you don't like the movie, don't see it. Problem solved. Of course you are free to protest all you want, just I am free to spend the whole time cringing at your antics.

I do think homosexuals too are being a little silly though. If a group, in this case the judeo-chritian and hindu crowd, are not ready to accept them, why keep on trying and jumping onto their turf? Really, do you need religion that badly? If you're clearly not wanted there, move along. Even those being repressed, left with no choice, else they'd starve and die, be ridiculed, ostracized etc, should not actively support religion. They should be seeking to move away from that path, even if subtly. To be fair to them some start their churches etc and many truly have no other option then to openly declare for whatever religion. This is clearly just my opinion though, and not central to the issue.

EDIT: lol, oops. damit internet...
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by MrAnony1(m): 1:38am On Aug 07, 2012
wiegraf:

You and I probably disagree on what normal civilized people are.

I am being insensitive, so are you. You do realize this demonized gay people have feelings too? Many religious seem to have a very hard time seeing other peoples vision of things, or getting their heads out of their asse.s as I believe it's called. Somehow they assume the world was built just for them.

And it is bigotry and hypocrisy, especially when done by black people (because of our recent history). There is no other way to cut it. Some people are born so effeminate when I see them being forced to play gender roles I feel disgusted, it is a great injustice. We've been screaming about having no rights for so long then turn around and do the same to another group. wtf? Even for those who choose to be gay, it is their right, and in no way any of your business. Nor should it disturb you, really. Or are people afraid one of them will accidentally slip and land on their backs? If you don't like the movie, don't see it. Problem solved. Of course you are free to protest all you want, just I am free to spend the whole time cringing at your antics.

I do think homosexuals too are being a little silly though. If a group, in this case the judeo-chritian and hindu crowd, are not ready to accept them, why keep on trying and jumping onto their turf? Really, do you need religion that badly? If you're clearly not wanted there, move along. Even those being repressed, left with no choice, else they'd starve and die, be ridiculed, ostracized etc, should not actively support religion. They should be seeking to move away from that path, even if subtly. To be fair to them some start their churches etc and many truly have no other option then to openly declare for whatever religion. This is clearly just my opinion though, and not central to the issue.

EDIT: lol, oops. damit internet...

Quite a reasonable response, now please consider this reasonably:
For the religious, homosexuality is a sin much like lying, stealing murder etc. To make a religious icon -which the adherents hold dear- sinful is to insult the religion. doesn't matter if you don't have a problem with the sin yourself

For instance, If I said that your mother is a prostitut[i]e[/i], you have every right to be angry. it doesn't matter if I see nothing wrong in prostitution myself. When you make it known to me that you have been insulted, my response should be an apology and not a lecture on how pr[i]o[/i]stitutes also have feelings (that would be very insensitive and rude)

The rest of your post doesn't really have much to do with the point I was making originally however, one thing you may want to note is that being effeminate does not equal being a homose[i]x[/i]ual. I have met quite a number of effeminate heterosexuals.
Homosexuality is defined by same-gender se[i]x[/i]/lust and nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by wiegraf: 2:15am On Aug 07, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Quite a reasonable response, now please consider this reasonably:
For the religious, homosexuality is a sin much like lying, stealing murder etc. To make a religious icon -which the adherents hold dear- sinful is to insult the religion. doesn't matter if you don't have a problem with the sin yourself

For instance, If I said that your mother is a prostitut[i]e[/i], you have every right to be angry. it doesn't matter if I see nothing wrong in prostitution myself. When you make it known to me that you have been insulted, my response should be an apology and not a lecture on how pr[i]o[/i]stitutes also have feelings (that would be very insensitive and rude)

You speak for all religious, or even all xtians? From many other point of views Jesus is their 'mother' too. If you insulted my mother and I assumed it slander worst I'd do is take you to court and we could determine there if what you did was libel. We'd determine your motive, or intent. In this case it's gay people portraying someone they admire as gay. If anything, they are honoring you (hence my last paragraph). Your argument stands if your intentions were bad. If you really thought prostitution was a good thing then well I'd just have to realize my view is not the only one on the planet and move on. Following your reasoning they could say you are the one insulting them by determining being gay, which they obviously think of as an ok/good thing, is somehow wrong and not fit to be applied to someone they admire. You should apologize then, no?

Mr_Anony:
The rest of your post doesn't really have much to do with the point I was making originally however, one thing you may want to note is that being effeminate does not equal being a homose[i]x[/i]ual. I have met quite a number of effeminate heterosexuals.
Homosexuality is defined by same-gender se[i]x[/i]/lust and nothing else.
Again see up for why I left this in, they are trying to honor Jesus when most of his adherents clearly choose to remain bigoted (or do 'what Jesus will do' in another speak). As for the effeminate bit, do I give the impression that I don't know effeminate != homosexual? Well, I don't. I have met stereotypical 'macho' men who are gay when no one's watching, as well as effeminate ones that are clearly hetero's, doesn't change my point. Certain people being prosecuted for sins, not crimes, and that should never stand.
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by MrAnony1(m): 2:21am On Aug 07, 2012
wiegraf:

You speak for all religious, or even all xtians? From many other point of views Jesus is their 'mother' too. If you insulted my mother and I assumed it slander worst I'd do is take you to court and we could determine there if what you did was libel. We'd determine your motive, or intent. In this case it's gay people portraying someone they admire as gay. If anything, they are honoring you (hence my last paragraph). Your argument stands if your intentions were bad. If you really thought prostitution was a good thing then well I'd just have to realize my view is not the only one on the planet and move on. Following your reasoning they could say you are the one insulting them by determining being gay, which they obviously think of as an ok/good thing, is somehow wrong and not fit to be applied to someone they admire. You should apologize then, no?
I see your point as well, but the question now becomes why should a homose[i]x[/i]ual force himself to adhere to a religion that doesn't support homose[i]x[/i]uality.......I see you also asked this question as well. I won't push this further.

Again see up for why I left this in, they are trying to honor Jesus when most of his adherents clearly choose to remain bigoted (or do 'what Jesus will do' in another speak). As for the effeminate bit, do I give the impression that I don't know effeminate != homosexual? Well, I don't. I have met stereotypical 'macho' men who are gay when no one's watching, as well as effeminate ones that are clearly hetero's, doesn't change my point. Certain people being prosecuted for sins, not crimes, and that should never stand.
What are crimes if not sins against the government?
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by wiegraf: 3:10am On Aug 07, 2012
Mr_Anony:
What are crimes if not sins against the government?

We'll be diverging into another topic there. We could do that some other time, you could open a thread and get other opinions as well maybe? But hopefully we'll try to assert what is objectively true (as best we can). In that respect I don't think that statement is in any way correct in most contexts (most involving human rights). We could maybe examine victimless 'crimes' (not sure if it should be classified a crime if it's victimless) as well? I'm not one for constant back and forth so it'd be nice if others jumped in.

I only added the effeminate bit with regards to my hypocrisy claims anyways. In case anyone brought the 'I was born black excuse' (which you didn't use to your credit imo, though I suspect it's just because you didn't think about it, so use it now (or in the future) should you wish to push the case that having 'teh gay' is unnatural, *sigh*) as an excuse to still be a bigot. Many were born gay as well, some chose to be gay. Ultimately, even for those who 'choose' to be gay, it's a human rights issue. Also another topic obviously, but such a hot-water one I doubt it could be discussed reasonably even here.
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by trillville(m): 4:00am On Aug 07, 2012
@wiegraf, do yourself a do a favor and ask a gay CHRISTIAN, if he or she supports the portrayal of Jesus Christ as gay. I am a heterosexual and I will not be happy if any movie (da Vinci code for example) portrays Jesus as having any form of sex. Why can't u just understand what mr. Anony and I have been trying to say all day. Again I personally do not have anything against gays.
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by alienvirus: 5:05am On Aug 07, 2012
So, a christian wants to muslims to fight along with him. If a muslim says BH activities are not islamic, this same christian debunks it immediately. No way! Fight your war alone. Muslims are not christians. Muslims do not believe in deity of christ neither nailing story.
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by wiegraf: 5:17am On Aug 07, 2012
Just so I don't seem like a donkey I'll try to elaborate for you. Frankly, you should get what I'm trying to say by now. Mr Anony does. Anyways...

Nobody is calling you homophobic (I'm not sure if you'd really care, anyways. You might actually consider that an honor, see). Bigot? probably. Hypocrite? Definitely.
They,the people writing/directing etc this play ie, are gay christians. There are all types of christians on this rock.
They do not mean it as an insult. They are, in their opinion, bestowing Jesus with a great honor.

You can flip this around and say go back in time maybe 100 years and try to make a film featuring a black Jesus so as to make him more accessible to your fellow blacks, or whatever reason. Get some popcorn and a big umbrella then wait for the shitstorm from the majority of the caucasians of the era. This is, more or else, the exact same thing.

I point out I can't see why they would still want to be christians despite the fact that they are clearly not wanted there by most christians. Many look down on them to the point of being very abusive, including even physical, potentially mortal abuse and yet they still feel the need to be religious. (actually, many would pose the same question to black followers of judeo-christian faith during the slavery years etc, you are oppressed by a system, granted it may have been abused and a victim to cherry picking by the oppressors (which is exactly what most homophobes are doing now) and still choose to admire/revere it. Amazing..). If they are not accepted they should just move on. Who knows though, they have their reasons. Just as the black christians/muslims during the slavery years and many other examples.

It is more complicated than this (following your reasoning you are actually doing what you accuse them of doing, ie, being disrespectful to their beliefs. Most importantly, by a considerable margin, there are human/civil rights issues at play) but I'll just leave it at that. Time etc.

If you still don't get it... Anyways, I'm off.
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by EvilBrain1(m): 10:52am On Aug 07, 2012
You religious people need to get this into your heads: You have no right to ban movies or limit any form of artistic expression. You have no right to dictate what movies I watch just as I can't dictate the same to you. You have no right to decide which religious beliefs are valid and which aren't. Gay people have just as much right to their own version of christianity as everyone else. Nobody owns the copyright on Jesus.

If you don't like a film, then don't watch it and don't let your minor children watch it. Thats about as far as your power reaches.

You guys are such hypocrites. I bet the next time some muslim fundies try to do the exact same thing, you guys will start crying freedom of religion and human rights. You don't deserve to live in civilized society. I wish we could quarantine all of you on your own continent and let you oppress and kill each other to your heart's content without disturbing the rest of us.

Nonsense!

PS. The film never even existed any way so I don't see what you're bunching up your panties for.
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by MrAnony1(m): 11:26am On Aug 07, 2012
Evil Brain: You religious people need to get this into your heads: You have no right to ban movies or limit any form of artistic expression. You have no right to dictate what movies I watch just as I can't dictate the same to you. You have no right to decide which religious beliefs are valid and which aren't. Gay people have just as much right to their own version of christianity as everyone else. Nobody owns the copyright on Jesus.

If you don't like a film, then don't watch it and don't let your minor children watch it. Thats about as far as your power reaches.

You guys are such hypocrites. I bet the next time some muslim fundies try to do the exact same thing, you guys will start crying freedom of religion and human rights. You don't deserve to live in civilized society. I wish we could quarantine all of you on your own continent and let you oppress and kill each other to your heart's content without disturbing the rest of us.

Nonsense!

PS. The film never even existed any way so I don't see what you're bunching up your panties for.
Wow, how charitable of you
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by dorox(m): 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
Even though i find the idea of portraying Jesus as gay disgusting, i don't think it is my place to millitantly organise for the movie not to be shown.
As a christian i understand that this is satans world so i expect nothing less after all it was the same world that rejected, rediculed and finally executed jesus sadwiched between two common criminals as though he was also a thief even though he was blameless. It is this same world that jesus said his kingdom is not of otherwise his servants would have fought for him not to be delivered. it is for this same reason that jesus rebuked peter for trying to fight for him reminding perter that he could have called for two legions of angels had he wanted to.
Our only resposibility as christians is to continue to tell others the truth about the mighty king christ jesus and of his kingdom before the end comes. We can't force people to accept christ if they don't want to, they are only excercising their God given gift of freewill.
The truth is that the intensity these attacks will only increase just before the curtain finally closes over this depraved and bakrupt satans world. But make no mistake, jesus will eventually fight his fight and those not on his side will tremble on that great day. If we fight for him then we are no different from muslims

Edited for more clarity

1 Like

Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by cyrexx: 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
^^^

wow, so similar to what i said earlier, but only from a non-christian's point of view

cyrexx: My own suggestion is why not pray in Jesus name to his Almighty Father to stop this movie that wants to "defame" his only begotten son.

it seems you christians care more than Jesus himself that they are portraying him as a gay. is he powerless to defend his own "reputation" and that he needs his believers to defend him?

pray to him to stop this movie and prove that when you pray, "someone" is actually listening to you. or else he is just your imaginary friend that you love so much

QED
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by dorox(m): 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2012
@trillville: I
trillville: @muskeeto and @maxymilliano, I have heard ur advice. Have a good day.
Pls Nigerian Christians and Muslims let's come together to ensure that the movie corpus Christi is never shown in Nigeria. May the good lord bless us as we fight this insult on Jesus. Thank you.
you should ask yourself if christ as revealed in the bible would have approved your statement above, inviting unbelievers to be yoked with christians to fight an insult on his behalf even though he never saw fit to lift a finger when he was subjected to an even worse insult and torture, if not then you will need to adjust your view to be more christlike, humble yourself and wait for God to avenge these insults. Remember "vengeance is mine says the lord" so it will be very presumptive on our part to think that we can fight for God.

1 Like

Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by Ptolomeus(m): 9:18pm On Aug 07, 2012
dorox: even though he never saw fit to lift a finger when he was subjected to an even worse insult and torture,

The bible says that Jesus died pleading and begging his father not to leave him ...
But that's a minor issue ... of course!
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by dorox(m): 9:43pm On Aug 07, 2012
Ptolomeus:
The bible says that Jesus died pleading and begging his father not to leave him ...
But that's a minor issue ... of course!
You are not wrong at all, for a being that has existed as a powerful spirit creature for eons of years to find himself in human form albeit a perfect human in the likeness of Adam and faced with death must have been terrifying. What Jesus voluntarily allowed himself to be subjected to was no walk in the park, it was truly a hard sacrifice and that is what made it the greatest expression of his love for mankind.

1 Like

Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by yommy2sure(m): 8:45am On Aug 08, 2012
This thread is already giving the movie more popularity...i pray it doesnt make front page.
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by cyrexx: 11:08am On Aug 08, 2012
yommy2sure: This thread is already giving the movie more popularity...i pray it doesnt make front page.

ironic, isnt it?
Re: Stop Movie Portraying Jesus As Gay From Screening In Africa by somtookeke(m): 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2019
*Netflix Comedy Depicting a Gay Jesus: Over 1 Million Christians Sign Petition to Take Down the Movie*
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/netflix-comedy-depicting-gay-jesus-over.html

1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Questions That Bug Believers In God / Mr/miss Atheist Can You Marry A Christian? / IMPORTANT WARNING: There Is A Mighty Flood Coming!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.