Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,480 members, 7,801,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! (39966 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / What Did Rochas Did To Anambra State. / What Did Rochas Did To Anambra State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2012
This guy ran for governor in 1999 and then decided to run for the presidency and failed again after spending so much money in 2003. He then tried again in 2007 and failed. And now he finally became a very good governor...God bless him. He is a great philanthropist and has been giving free education to kids for a while and all I hear is how rich this guy is and not how he worked his way up the money ladder. Did he invest in the stock market? How is this guy this wealthy? I respect his hustle to the last, I like seeing rich people flaunt their hard earned wealth but I just want to know how Rochas got this wealthy

I Love And Respect Wealthy People But How Did Rochas Okorocha Become This Rich?!

4 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by werepeLeri: 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
Now the man has been rich before he got to government, you have nothing to question, but to want to know how he got rich. Why u dont ask him?

2 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
money ritual *just saying*
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by emiye(m): 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2012
Be bothered about yourself. Get Rich or Die t.....

4 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by lanrefront1(m): 10:31pm On Aug 05, 2012
The guy has asked a legitimate and good question. Actually is something - won't mind knowing also. We are here on this forum to learn from each other; so anyone that knows should please share.

7 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2012
werepeLeri: Now the man has been rich before he got to government, you have nothing to question, but to want to know how he got rich. Why u dont ask him?

I'm not saying he made the money from government cus I dont know that.

@Emiye...Ive been trying to get rich first before getting wealthy but I havent succeeded yet.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 05, 2012
swaggerific: This guy ran for governor in 1999 and then decided to run for the presidency and failed again after spending so much money in 2003. He then tried again in 2007 and failed. And now he finally became a very good governor...God bless him. He is a great philantropist and has been giving free education to kids for a while and all I hear is how rich this guy is and not how he worked his way up the money ladder. Did he invest in the stock market? How is this guy this wealthy? I respect his hustle to the last, I like seeing rich people flaunt their hard earned wealth but I just want to know how Rochas got this wealthy
Very good question.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by SailorXY: 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2012
ondo_boi: money ritual *just saying*
if u are so sure what's holding u back abi u wan dey super-rich? lily-livered as usual? wink grin
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by vanbonattel: 11:38pm On Aug 05, 2012
rochas na solomon lar boy, was connected to supply police vehicles when the lar guy was minister for police affairs or something, infact, rochas na jos boy to the core, was born there and schooled there. Made his money through imports and contracts

na so I hear ooooooo!

4 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by ebere1712: 12:00am On Aug 06, 2012
ondo_boi: money ritual *just saying*
Only lazy and stu.pid people believe in the existence ritual money. Do you people really believe that you can kill a human being and chant some gibberish and money wud appear? Too much nollywood films makes your oily brain more oily. This imbecility at its best. I was surprised when I discovered that some Nigerians don't actually say this just to 'diss Igbo', but are serious. Makes me wonder about the intelligence of my so called "fellow country people"

40 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by StanleyDivine(m): 1:15am On Aug 06, 2012
Too many petty topics floating on Nairaland. My guy if u need a job wt any of EFCC,ICPC etc why not apply. Lazybones end up bn paupers. If Rochas had bn asking this kinda question he wudnt be were he is today. Who do u think knows the answer to the question n still hasn't joined the millionaires club? No be person way no road go show u if him like? Bros abeg direct ur question to d rite peepz n stop ...

1 Like

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Murphy7h4: 1:16am On Aug 06, 2012
Much appreciated
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 06, 2012
@ebere1712. why not bring ur head so as to experiment with it?(no pun intended) money ritual aint fictious but real

12 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by swaggerific: 2:22am On Aug 06, 2012
Stanley Divine: Too many petty topics floating on Nairaland. My guy if u need a job wt any of EFCC,ICPC etc why not apply. Lazybones end up bn paupers. If Rochas had bn asking this kinda question he wudnt be were he is today. Who do u think knows the answer to the question n still hasn't joined the millionaires club? No be person way no road go show u if him like? Bros abeg direct ur question to d rite peepz n stop ...

My brother, its not laziness that's doing me, its just curiosity. Im sure other people want to know too. People know how most politicians made their money but his case is different. If he invested in the stock market and hit millions or billions of dollars then thats great.

3 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by dasparrow: 3:52am On Aug 06, 2012
swaggerific: This guy ran for governor in 1999 and then decided to run for the presidency and failed again after spending so much money in 2003. He then tried again in 2007 and failed. And now he finally became a very good governor...God bless him. He is a great philantropist and has been giving free education to kids for a while and all I hear is how rich this guy is and not how he worked his way up the money ladder. Did he invest in the stock market? How is this guy this wealthy? I respect his hustle to the last, I like seeing rich people flaunt their hard earned wealth but I just want to know how Rochas got this wealthy

Probably from the goverment coffers. I don't know. That he is doing a thing or two for his state does not mean that he is not stashing money away too. After all, Ibori did a thing or two for Delta State and then used the rest of the money to buy the choicest properties around the world.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by StanleyDivine(m): 5:02am On Aug 06, 2012
swaggerific:

My brother, its not laziness that's doing me, its just curiosity. Im sure other people want to know too. People know how most politicians made their money but his case is different. If he invested in the stock market and hit millions or billions of dollars then thats great.
. Rememba it's curiosity that killed the cat. Rochas has neva bn a subject of financial controversy as far as those that matter re concerned. This implies that he hasn't stepped on any toes n is playing the game according to whateva rules that governs money matters in Naija. If u insist on knowin his source of wealth,then make it ur prayer point.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by ebamma(m): 6:29am On Aug 06, 2012
him get better herbalist
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by StanleyDivine(m): 7:12am On Aug 06, 2012
[b][/b]
ebamma: him get better herbalist
I guess na ur grandpa dey do the juju 4 him. If na lie how u com take no?

1 Like

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by nzenze2: 7:32am On Aug 06, 2012
ebamma: him get better herbalist

grin grin grin grin why you never tow the herbalist route if it were that effective??bleeding m0r0n..poor phool that is hoping to start a biz with 8k...
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by joeyfire(m): 8:39am On Aug 06, 2012
@OP - rochas made his first major breakthrough from a contract in 1999 or 2000 (I'm not too sure of the year now). The FG gave him a contract to supply prado jeeps to every police command in every local goverment area in the country. For those old enough to remember the police prado jeeps with "Algon" printed on the side. the man made a killing and I guess blew from there.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by lanrefront1(m): 8:40am On Aug 06, 2012
Stanley Divine: Too many petty topics floating on Nairaland. My guy if u need a job wt any of EFCC,ICPC etc why not apply. Lazybones end up bn paupers. If Rochas had bn asking this kinda question he wudnt be were he is today. Who do u think knows the answer to the question n still hasn't joined the millionaires club? No be person way no road go show u if him like? Bros abeg direct ur question to d rite peepz n stop ...

Stanley Divine: . Rememba it's curiosity that killed the cat. Rochas has neva bn a subject of financial controversy as far as those that matter re concerned. This implies that he hasn't stepped on any toes n is playing the game according to whateva rules that governs money matters in Naija. If u insist on knowin his source of wealth,then make it ur prayer point.

My guy, what is your problem? Rochas is a public figure; a governor for that matter. Why can't some ask "Where or how did this guy make his money". Or are you his son?

The question might even possibly be borne of admiration and desire to imitate his strategy and not necessarily to castigate him.

6 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by seedord247(m): 8:49am On Aug 06, 2012
Asking a Igbo man how he become rich is asking a monkey how get a banana. grin

3 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 06, 2012
seedord247: Asking a Igbo man how he become rich is asking a monkey how get a banana. grin
Especially when the monkey is a dirty, smelly, yansh licking Yoruba monkey..

11 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by greall1: 8:53am On Aug 06, 2012
WELL GOD ON HIS SIDE
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by honeric01(m): 8:54am On Aug 06, 2012
joeyfire: @OP - rochas made his first major breakthrough from a contract in 1999 or 2000 (I'm not too sure of the year now). The FG gave him a contract to supply prado jeeps to every police command in every local goverment area in the country. For those old enough to remember the police prado jeeps with "Algon" printed on the side. the man made a killing and I guess blew from there.

You're one of the few who understands English and who also can answer questions clearly. the rest are just the normal Nigerian crackheads using question to answer question instead of just keeping quite.

Legitimate question which the response is likely going to help up and coming Nigerians who wish to make it legitimately too (in case Rocha made it that way)

6 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by Afam4eva(m): 8:55am On Aug 06, 2012
I think Rochas runs a transport company among other things.
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by ebamma(m): 8:56am On Aug 06, 2012
nzenze2:

grin grin grin grin why you never tow the herbalist route if it were that effective??bleeding m0r0n..poor phool that is hoping to start a biz with 8k...
make thunder fire u dia,na your forefathers be fool,mumuistic mumu like u
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by ACM10: 8:58am On Aug 06, 2012
swaggerific:
How Did Rochas Okorocha Become This Rich?!

You should do your private investigation, then come back here to tell us. By throwing an open ended question in a rowdy public forum, you are inviting confusions in responses

People keeps ranting that he stole the country blind to get rich. Not a single person has provided evidence to back up his assertion. That's why I remarked that OP should do his homework first. You are inviting confusion by throwing an open-ended question to the public forum. The OP should atleast give us the estimate of Rochas wealth, complete with some of his assets. Going by the OP's assertion, we are not even sure if Rochas is rich.
The question should be:

1. Is Rochas rich? After tackling this question, we move over to the next question.

2. How rich is Rochas? Before we delve into the question of. . .

3. How Rochas acquired his wealth?

As most of you can notice from my past posts, I'm one of Rochas fervent critics here for his loquaciousness and poor performance. But I won't be a party to assailing Rochas image without any evidence. OP did a poor job. He reduced his thread to beer palour gist, thereby exposing an opening for critics to launch a counterattack on him that he has a personal agenda to assassinate Rochas character. We should learn to be more professional whenever we approach a topic like this.

4 Likes

Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by DExplorer1: 8:58am On Aug 06, 2012
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by OtunbaGm: 8:59am On Aug 06, 2012
seedord247: Asking a Igbo man how he become rich is asking a monkey how get a banana. grin

So what are u trying to say? It is normal every chukudi must be rich neeehhh by rituals?
Re: How Did Rochas Okorocha Become So Rich?! by member479760: 8:59am On Aug 06, 2012
the population is just 200000 then how he no go rich.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Dead As Herdsmen Attack Enugu Communities, Hundreds Flee (Graphic) / Court Sentences Abba Kyari’s 2 Co-defendants To 6 Years In Prison / Peace Corps: Over 173 Signatures Collected In Bid To Override Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.