Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,804 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan (42211 Views)

Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by dohyn(m): 10:43am On Aug 06, 2012
Pastor Bakare,I doff my hat to you sir..Your critics will say you shoudl preach the gospel and leave politics alone.But how can that be when your sheep is suffering due to the actions or rather inactions of our politicians,chief of which is Jonathan??To effect a change in this country,you use the means avaialable to you..For you sir,that is the pulpit.Reuben Abati hounded the PDP with his column in The Guardian until he finally go what he wanted..Gullible me thought he wanted to change this country. If pastors like Adeboye,Oyedepo,Oyakhilome spoke out more,this country would be a better place for it.Rather,they are busy laying hands on/praying for Gej at their conventions or buying private jets..RCCG has started their 60th convention now,I can bet my left b.all that Pastor Adeboye will not say anything to his teeming fans.Mind you,he doesn't have to,but then he also didn't have to "annoint" Gej during his campaign.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by safeact(m): 10:44am On Aug 06, 2012
gegee: Na wa u could almost taste the hate and bitterness against jonathan in bakare's tone

I tire oh. I dnt think that he is still with his right senses again. Mayb Buhari has given him some pill inform of a kola!He needs deliverance!
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by sholatech(m): 10:44am On Aug 06, 2012
justokey: In a series of declamations, Mr. Bakare asserted, “When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in majestic silence.”[i][/i]

Is Bakare saying that good things cannot come from poor or humble backgrounds?

I am equally shocked by this statement coming from Pastor Bakare..it is gradually becoming unbecoming!
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by bigmo1(m): 10:46am On Aug 06, 2012
Kpac: Pastor and Politics
Because we've had a pastor so concerned about this country doesn't make him fake. Even in d bible,every of God's prophets were different from ea. ch other ånd if there's anyone that belives so much in diversity,its God himself.
A pastor is not a robot, as a matter of fact,they are referred to as shepherds.....If nothing bad happens to their sheep,if the grasses are green for their consumption,the water is clean for their cleaning,drugs are available for their treatments,every shepherd would be happy and when he stands and looks at his flock,he would be just so excited and fulfilled.....But when his sheeps are struggling and suffering,thou he maintains calm amongst them,he is ready to fight anything for the sake of his sheeps......
Every sunday morning, pastors are faced with so much difficulties their members are facing,some lost their lives due to bad roads,some are lying sick for months at the hospital due to poor health infrastructures,some had their shops demolished due to strict goverment measures,some had dropped out from school because the school fees have been increased by 150%,some have just lost their jobs,some are in critical condition just because they unsuspectedly took fake drugs obtained in a chemist,some are jobless for months,running into years,despite having a bachelor's degree,some came announing their intention to return back to the village because the house rent has toppled and some of the members have their life savings forced out of them as fines paid because they were caught passing one way,in a bid to avoid making his only car break down in an unpassable water logged very deep pit on his own normal lane..........
If you are a good shepherd and your sheep suffers any of these and still hears the president of your country spends about 40 Million naira daily on food,newspapers,diesel and drinks,I wonder how you would still be able to look into your sheep faces,open your bible and again preach to them hope,when its glaring the hardships are due to poor governance.
Even from the old testaments,God has always being actively involved in politics.
If your own pastor doesn't talk about politics at all and anotherr do,please do not criticize,they have their difference in their calling,in their nature and in their life phylosophies.
God Bless you in million folds

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by ODB1: 10:46am On Aug 06, 2012
Bakare needs to be very careful in this time of transition.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by egift(m): 10:46am On Aug 06, 2012
The voice of the people cannot be silence. Go go go Pastor Bakare - The people remain the Masters and the political office holders are the servants - they better sit up or get sacked.

Let your voice be heard http://www.facebook.com/OccupyNigeriaGroup

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by tunshe: 10:47am On Aug 06, 2012
odum desmond: my problem with a pastor/politician nature of Bakare is that while a pure politician clearly shows his motive of criticizing a govt in power as to make it unpopular so as to gain political favour of electorates during election,he is also open to attacks and all manners of criticism by supporters of the sitting govt. A pastor/politician mounts the pulpit and is given the priviledge and respect as a man of God, a sort of immunity from attacks, is it not written that christains speak no evil concerning the man of God nor touch his anointed? Now a pastor/politician uses his pulpit, a sort of immunity from response by even church members that love the sitting govt;to attack govt just to score political point. somebody should tell Bakare that aside being a pastor whom people ought to believe without arguing, he is now a politician and whatever he proclaims from the pulpit on sundays is no longer viewed as a sermon but a political gingle and subject to intense debate. Regrettably even God is now brought into politica; debates by politicians in the pulpit

16yrs old,what are you doing on Nairaland? Whats the meaning of Pastor/politician?If your Bible cannot address contemporary issues then,Christianity is dead.Pastor Bakare is a display of incorruptible,religious,preacher unlike your billionaire pastors that teach things of the old and deceive you every sunday.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Omexonomy: 10:47am On Aug 06, 2012
GEJ please just hand power over to this politician pastor today his sermon will change to praising even ur girlfriend

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by superior1: 10:47am On Aug 06, 2012
ifihearam:

What useless awareness are you talking about??if he wants to be a full politician,let him leave the church and concentrate on politics then we can see reasons but as at now he is just making a fool of himself,I pity the church members.

Ode, when did politics became a full time profession?. This country needs more men like Bakare

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by jude33084(m): 10:48am On Aug 06, 2012
Looking at τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ whole picture wink aunty Pat isn't helping issues undecided

∂ ƍöôϑ wife will stand quietly ƌ̲̣̣̣̥
n̶̲̥̅̊
d̶̲̥̅̊
firmly behind her husband in time of trouble and not moving arround τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ country like ∂ loose whatever undecided
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by mekaboy(m): 10:48am On Aug 06, 2012
WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS THIS

1, HE SAID NIGERIA IS TIRED OF OLD PEOPLE WE NEED YOUNG PEOPLE, THEN HE DECIDED TO CONTEST WITH BUHARI AN OLD MAN?

2, HE ASKED JONATHAN TO RESIGN, AND BOKO HARAM ALSO ASKED JONATHAN TO RESIGN, IS THERE A RELATIONSHIP?

3, WOULD HE BE HAPPY IF JONATHAN RESIGNED AND BUHARI TOOK OVER ?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 06, 2012
Super1759: Please!!! Please!! This man is not a pastor. The qualities of a pastor are just absent.
A pastor should be committed to the well-being of his member spiritually. Preach and win souls for God. He is a shephard and not a political analyst. How can I dress up to church to hear word of God and it turns to political studies.
Are you a member of his church for you to know he does not do that? If you do not understand the modus operandi of a person, keep shut instead of blabbing non sense.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by bigmo1(m): 10:50am On Aug 06, 2012
ifihearam:

What useless awareness are you talking about??if he wants to be a full politician,let him leave the church and concentrate on politics then we can see reasons but as at now he is just making a fool of himself,I pity the church members.
May your offsprings be shoeless and clueless. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by chrisxxx(m): 10:50am On Aug 06, 2012
Did Bakare contest the presidential election on his own volition or God asked him to? Which ever way, it is either he is serving a fake god or he is a mere greedy, desperate and despicable politician hiding in the cloak of priesthood.Pray for Jonathan because his well-being is Nigeria's well-being.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by ODB1: 10:50am On Aug 06, 2012
Bakare should keep his mouth shut on Niger-Delta affairs. If the people are tired of being part of the assembly called Nigeria they have the right to opt out.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by tunshe: 10:52am On Aug 06, 2012
mekaboy: WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS THIS

1, HE SAID NIGERIA IS TIRED OF OLD PEOPLE WE NEED YOUNG PEOPLE, THEN HE DECIDED TO CONTEST WITH BUHARI AN OLD MAN?

2, HE ASKED JONATHAN TO RESIGN, AND BOKO HARAM ALSO ASKED JONATHAN TO RESIGN, IS THERE A RELATIONSHIP?

3, WOULD HE BE HAPPY IF JONATHAN RESIGNED AND BUHARI TOOK OVER ?

I wonder if you can ever pass a reasoning test shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by tessyade: 10:52am On Aug 06, 2012
I can't imagine going to church every sunday to hear this. He has every right to express his political thought and views but it shouldn't be on the church altar. Church has suddenly become a political ground. God help us.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by rawgodos(m): 10:52am On Aug 06, 2012
I definitely agree
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by size38: 10:53am On Aug 06, 2012
This man Tunde Bakare will end up dying before his time. All he is seeking is jst power. Nothing more. And he will never, never get it
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by shypo(m): 10:54am On Aug 06, 2012
ifihearam:

Guy 4 dat Statement Means U Knw Notin abt Bible Even Thou Bible Say We ar d Light of d Wolrd nd also God surport politics,God also annionted D king in
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by tunshe: 10:55am On Aug 06, 2012
tessyade: I can't imagine going to church every sunday to hear this. He has every right to express his political thought and views but it shouldn't be on the church altar. Church has suddenly become a political ground. God help us.

What would you like to hear in Church?Bible stories?Here is a man who his using the Bible to sensitize Nigerians to make the Earth a better place,what more do you expect?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by amdy08: 10:56am On Aug 06, 2012
ifihearam:

words from an aggrieved politician/pastor.he is really making nuisance of him self.come 2 think of it,he said GEJ is clueless,what effort has he made 2 provide clues 4 him and the nation at large ?...armchair critic !
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by Omexonomy: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2012
justokey: In a series of declamations, Mr. Bakare asserted, “When the shoeless takes over, he does clueless things. When such men of low estate find themselves in power, terrible things begin to happen.” He added, “It is the timidity of the inferior that prods them to cover up. Deep rivers flow in majestic silence.”[i][/i]

Is Bakare saying that good things cannot come from poor or humble backgrounds?
in essence thier is no hope for the poor in his own defination of politics
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by naturalwaves: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2012
dohyn: Pastor Bakare,I doff my hat to you sir..Your critics will say you shoudl preach the gospel and leave politics alone.But how can that be when your sheep is suffering due to the actions or rather inactions of our politicians,chief of which is Jonathan??To effect a change in this country,you use the means avaialable to you..For you sir,that is the pulpit.Reuben Abati hounded the PDP with his column in The Guardian until he finally go what he wanted..Gullible me thought he wanted to change this country. If pastors like Adeboye,Oyedepo,Oyakhilome spoke out more,this country would be a better place for it.Rather,they are busy laying hands on/praying for Gej at their conventions or buying private jets..RCCG has started their 60th convention now,I can bet my left b.all that Pastor Adeboye will not say anything to his teeming fans.Mind you,he doesn't have to,but then he also didn't have to "annoint" Gej during his campaign.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by stepo707: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2012
tunshe:

I wonder if you can ever pass a reasoning test shocked shocked shocked

shocked shocked wink
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by jude33084(m): 10:58am On Aug 06, 2012
O.D.B.:
Bakare needs to be very careful in this time of transition.

Or else άț? Send out ♈☺uЯ demnds t̶̲̥̅̊
o̲̣̥
go ƌ̲̣̣̣̥n̶̲̥̅d̶̲̥̅̊ arrest him na undecided

Ɣ☺Ʊ are seeing τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ truth but affraid t̶̲̥̅̊
o̲̣̥
speak angry
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by sheyguy: 10:59am On Aug 06, 2012
Some of us may disagree but we are all political being to varying extent. Tunde Bakare is so on point on this, especially on the aspect of Oil revenue vs pre-independence revenue. Nobody saw the Nigeria of today coming during pre-independence day.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by alaoeri: 10:59am On Aug 06, 2012
Bakare is on point religion & politics gö together why 'll u separate it & why do politicians seek MOG's blessings before they run for office. If only the adeboye's, oyedepo's of the world can come out & say the truth maybe things 'll change for better.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by doctokwus: 11:01am On Aug 06, 2012
While other pastors are busy fleecing their flock,dis man has bn consistent wt his views on trying to make d country a better place for all.Yes,he maynot be right all d time,but he's forthright& his speeches invites d educated to an enlightened debate.Furthermore,just like his stance that led to d GEJ bcomin pres after d YarAdua episode,based on law,common sense& passion so also has bn dis most recent deconstruction of GEJ& Patience.Without sentiments,if pple are to be honest,consider d events since May 29 involving d actions of d 1st couple, his analysis of d number one couple will be seen to be d most accurate& reflective of what GEJ& his wife stand for

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by raphaelmaxwell: 11:02am On Aug 06, 2012
this man should just be careful,why is he so much on Jonathans neck.
mr. bakare should just let jonathan be,when he{tunde} gets there we will all see him perform.
Re: Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan by phreakabit(m): 11:02am On Aug 06, 2012
The Blood thirsty Anarchist at work once again. . . . I guess the blood of the slain NYSC corpers in his calabash is running dry. . . Time for a refill eh?

I knew he was fake the very moment he said, he would gladly replace the title of Pastor in his name with the title of Mallam, simply so he could get a loan from the Islamic bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Bishop Daniel Obinim Sells Coronavirus 'Holy Oil' To Church Members For N13k / Nigerian Who Went to Heaven Shares Experience / Why You Have No Reason To Doubt A Snake Swallowed 36 Million Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.