Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Greetings And Addressing Some People In Your Work Place - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Greetings And Addressing Some People In Your Work Place (1129 Views)

Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place / Top 10 Things To Do If You Are A Victim Of Work Place Sexual Harassment / Body Languages That Could Be Doing You More Harm Than Good In The Work Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Greetings And Addressing Some People In Your Work Place by pelusi: 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
You are adavanced in age with your BSC or even MSC qualifications and it seems you have been working in a company for years.It happened that some younger co workers especially ladies whom by age you are older than them by up to five years and more and some you may be in the same age bracket with them,but either by hook or crook they were not only promoted to have position or the other but also increased their salary far more than your own.Not that they are better than you or that they posses higher qualification than you,but by their power,connections,anything they use,they found themselves in that position and salary.Now it seems that these set of people will always like that you greet them first when ever you come to work.For example lets use a lady called Juliet.Juliet despite you are not only older than she in age,you also posses even higher degree than she,yet she will like that you first greet her anytime you come work or see her.Moreso she will like that you address her as "Dear Madam Instead of Dear Juliet" if you are sending mail to her.Likewise calling/anwering her Madam/Yes Madam instead of Juliet or Yes Juliet.I know of one lady in my work place who only her knows what she uses to hold the MD.She likes everybody to be worshipping her.Before you know it,she brought in her younger sister(a relation),the sister just graduated from school and was working before where they were paying her peanuts.She applied what she normally uses and convince the MD ,and before you know it the Sister was given one sensitive post with good pay.Today,she is acting exactly the same way like the elder sister,being on top of everybody and want to be greeted and addressed as i mentioned above.This type of attitude upsets me.Do you experience this in your work place and how do you go about it?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Range Of Salary For An Experienced French Graduates / Thread For Professionals and Individuals Interested in Risk Management / KPMG Audit Graduate Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.