Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend (18233 Views)

Romantic Ideas For Girlfriend's Bithday? / Awkward Moment! See What Happened To A Boy Searching For Girlfriend In Holland. / UNBELIEVABLE!!! Guy Buys Drink For Girlfriend And Finds... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by tintingz(m): 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2012
A teacher with the Federal Housing Estate Secondary School, Calabar, the Cross River State capital, southsouth Nigeria, hasplunged to death from a pear tree.
The man simply called Eddy fell off while trying to pluck pear from a big pear tree at the back of their house.
Eddy, who hails from Biase and lives with his elder brother, a serving permanent secretary with the Cross River State Government at House 2, J Line Federal Housing Estate, fell off the tree when he climbed it to pluck the fruit for Vicky, hisgirlfriend, who came to visit him.
An eyewitness told P.M.NEWS how the tragedy occurred: “He was at home last Wednesday afternoon after the school vacated last week and Vicky, his girlfriend, called to say she was coming to the house. When she came she saw that quite a number of the pear fruits were ripe and ready for plucking and she asked Eddy if he could get some for her and he obliged.”
The source further said since the pear tree is a very big one there is a ladder with which anyone who wanted to climb would place on the stem to reach the branches from where hecould get the fruits.
“But this time, the heavy rainfall in Calabar had caused the stem of the pear tree to be wet and slippery so when he had climbed to a point, the ladder slipped off from the stem and he came crashing to the ground,” said the source.
Our source said the teacher fell with his forehead hitting the ground, causing his forehead to swell to the size of a man’s fist within seconds of the crash.
“The man managed to drive his pick up van to hospital but when he got opposite Senator Ita Giwa’s gate, he became too dizzy and pulled up by the side of the road and one of his brothers had to drive him to hospital where he later died.”
A doctor at the General Hospital, Calabar said Eddy died fromhemorrhage in his brain. His body was deposited at the hospital’s mortuary
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/08/06/teacher-dies-plucking-pear-for-girlfriend/
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
He died loving.RIP.

4 Likes

Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by olsmade(m): 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
What's dis doing in the politics section?
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by Aizebioje(m): 9:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
Why did they still let him drive? What he needed was to rest till he got to the hospital that might have spared his life...anyway,R.I.P
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by tintingz(m): 10:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
olsmade: What's dis doing in the politics section?
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by pleep(m): 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
Now, why couldn't his girlfriend hold the ladder? angry

3 Likes

Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by jhydebaba(m): 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
Things we do for love

1 Like

Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by kobezex: 11:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
In about 6months time u'll hear the girlfriend has married another man. The guy will be forgotten. I remember when I was in sch, a boy went to a river that flowed across our sch with his gf, her scarf fell into the river & like a super hero he dived to get it back & unfortunately drowned. After shedding tears that day, she started going out with another guy barely 2weeks later.

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by pleep(m): 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
Omg that is terrible, but not surprising. undecided I predict a similar fate for those men who sacrificed themselves for their GF's in that American theater shooting a few weeks ago.

Its just not worth it, if these dudes could look back they would be so embarrassed.

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by ITbomb(m): 11:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
Federal Housing Estate Secondary School, Calabar, the Cross River State capital
I was a Corper in that school way back.
Nice school with beautiful intelligent teenage girls

1 Like

Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
olsmade: What's dis doing in the politics section?
Looks to me like you don't know where you are. Look around!
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 06, 2012
pleep: Now, why couldn't his girlfriend hold the ladder? angry
Cos you didn't tell her to.

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by cindyrella(f): 7:28am On Aug 07, 2012
Eeya he died for love....
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by Mynd44: 9:18am On Aug 07, 2012
So sad.
On to the next one
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by Princeparix(m): 9:26am On Aug 07, 2012
Hmmmm.rip loverdude.
Babe i can kpai 4 u*meant 4 dummies

1 Like

Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 07, 2012
Nonsense
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by gulfer: 11:19am On Aug 07, 2012
R.I.P, but on the lighter note; why is it that fruit is always the cause of man's misery? Remember the garden of Eden

1 Like

Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by 190: 12:22pm On Aug 07, 2012
well if its my case

she would better climb that tree and get the fruit herself

my love nor strong reach that one
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 07, 2012
Teacher dies plucking pear for girlfriend.
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by tintingz(m): 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2012
gulfer: R.I.P, but on the lighter note; why is it that fruit is always the cause of man's misery? Remember the garden of Eden
lwkm oh. . .i can't stop laughing grin
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by tintingz(m): 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
The guy is a true samurai warrior. . .R.I.P
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
Almost a similar case with Adam and Eve. Men and plucking fruits all in the name of love? No be today e start! undecided
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by Chanchit: 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2012
Everything i do baby, i do it for you.... Now get a fu*ck up there, and get the pear ur self.....!
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by MissyB3(f): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2012
kobezex: In about 6months time u'll hear the girlfriend has married another man. The guy will be forgotten. I remember when I was in sch, a boy went to a river that flowed across our sch with his gf, her scarf fell into the river & like a super hero he dived to get it back & unfortunately drowned. After shedding tears that day, she started going out with another guy barely 2weeks later.
What do you expect? She should put her life on permanent hold because her boyfriend died being nice to her?
It's sad he died - yes, but there's no reason to deny yourself happiness forever, and I doubt the young man would want that for someone he cared about.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by maclatunji: 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
Really sad story. The Pear Tree was just the alibi for death. He was going that day no matter what. I really feel for his family and the lady in question.

I guess the lesson is "safety first", don't take undue risks.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by Zi: 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
That was so unprofessional!
Why would a teacher be climbing tree?! What then does he expect his young students to do?! To me, he dragged his profession to the mud.
RIP though.

3 Likes

Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2012
He'll go to heaven because he died for Luv.
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by ebamma(m): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
love is wicked
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by ebamma(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2012
Benswaggy: He'll go to heaven because he died for Luv.
which part of heaven?

1 Like

Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by Butoneday2(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2012
Cause of his death(s) (1) Evil peer? (2) they have killed him spiritual. I mean the p.o.l.i.t.i....c.i.a.............n. RIP,
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by mapet: 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DLWKMD
kobezex: In about 6months time u'll hear the girlfriend has married another man. The guy will be forgotten. I remember when I was in sch, a boy went to a river that flowed across our sch with his gf, her scarf fell into the river & like a super hero he dived to get it back & unfortunately drowned. After shedding tears that day, she started going out with another guy barely 2weeks later.
Re: Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend by mapet: 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2012
my tots as well; you beat me to it. He died going after the forbidden fruit grin grin
gulfer: R.I.P, but on the lighter note; why is it that fruit is always the cause of man's misery? Remember the garden of Eden

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When She Just Wants To Be Friends / SEX STORY: How It All Started With My Step-sister / My Husband Cheats On Me So I Cheat On Him Too.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.