Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better (10914 Views)

You Think You Know Nigeria: Which City Gate Is This? (photo) / I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back / South Africa Or China ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by osobanson: 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
As a graduate searching for job placement but frustrating,but who has the finance to travel to SA, will You advice Him or Her to travel out of Nigeria or hope for the best in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
Cant you start a business?why do you want to waste away in another land.many have failed and cannot step back to Nigeria.start something.It is not everybody that will work in the corporate world.

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by onatisi(m): 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
i have been to 6 countries of the world and i am not in nigeria now but pls pls pls stay in nigeria ,ppl are wasting away outside only very few make it ,with ur ticket money and bta u can start something and be great but if u can affrd it u can travel just for the experinece to see things for urself

5 Likes

Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by martyns303(m): 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
my brother take my advice with all sincerity, as am typing this am in a state of mind that i cant really explain, a bit of depression, fear and uncertainty. I Am also in SA, things are not bad for me, as a matter of fact am living good. however the standard of living here is so expensive that you may work for years and not be able to save anything reasonable to start a life in Nigeria. I've seen people in your kind of situation here, and trust me when i tell you i've given 2 guys R5K each, that's almost a total of N200K to pay for tfair back to Nigeria cos they couldn't even afford ticket. Most of the guys doing well here are from rich family, mostly children of politicians, when you go to a Nigerian restaurant to eat, thats when you will really see people with serious problems. My brother please i beg you in God's name, if you know your not on solid grounds, dont come and contribute to the already bad reputation of Nigeria in this country, I beg you, i wish i can elaborate more but am really not a person of words, a word they say ......

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by osobanson: 7:55am On Aug 09, 2012
martyns303: my brother take my advice with all sincerity, as am typing this am in a state of mind that i cant really explain, a bit depression, fear and uncertain. Am also in SA, things are not bad for me, as a matter of fact am living good. however the standard of living here is so expensive that you may work for years and not be able to save anything reasonable to start a life in NIgeria. I've seen people in your kind of situation here, and trust me when i tell you i've given 2 guys R5K each, that's alomost a total of N200K to pay fair back to Nigeria cos they couldn't even afford ticket. Most of the guys doing well here are from rich family, mostly children of politicians, when you go to a Nigerian restaurant to eat, thats when you will really see people with serious problems. My brother please i beg you in God's name, if you know your not on solid grounds, dont come and contribute to the already bad reputation of Nigeria in this country, I beg you, i wish i can elaborate more but am really not a person of words, a word they say ......
. THANKS SO MUCH.
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by osobanson: 7:58am On Aug 09, 2012
Thanks to everyone, more views will b appreciate. I so much appreciate those logikal nd reasonable Advice. But what business kan i do with about 1 to 200k
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by onatisi(m): 10:20am On Aug 09, 2012
200k is a lot of money,go into telecoms nigeria telecom will and is still growing.with a popukation of 160million ,plus errattic power supply and high cost of internet ,mobile internet telepohny will continue to make impact that is why blackberries will also be selling in nigeria for sometime to come
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by nomenclature(m): 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2012
B
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by onatisi(m): 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2012
"if you cant run tins broda,you better stay at home cos south is rugged so its mearnt for the rugged.
nomenclature dey yarn"

please kindly expansiate what u mean by run tins
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 09, 2012
what were your intentions in the first place?To run things to do legit things
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2012
If you like travelling ,it is better you plan international business ,you will be doing business at the same time seeing everything around you.But your 200k is small,but you can grow it.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by osobanson: 9:20am On Aug 10, 2012
Thankx all. More views ll b appreciated nd who knw about transport business in Lagos state nd how viable is it (especially danfo or urvan bus)
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by onatisi(m): 12:11pm On Aug 10, 2012
osobanson: Thankx all. More views ll b appreciated nd who knw about transport business in Lagos state nd how viable is it (especially danfo or urvan bus)
now u are thinking,by the time the ppl that go to sa come back u would have achieved more ,pray hard to God he will lead you to the right business nd u will neva regret it.i am out of here
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by osobanson: 3:55pm On Aug 10, 2012
onatisi:
now u are thinking,by the time the ppl that go to sa come back u would have achieved more ,pray hard to God he will lead you to the right business nd u will neva regret it.i am out of here
. Thankx more view pls
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by umunnatim(m): 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2012
Broda you alone know what you are good at,you can sell in SA,does it mean that no one makes it there?just know that the country na Jungle so if you re good in Jungle hit there.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by osobanson: 8:26am On Aug 16, 2012
umunnatim: Broda you alone know what you are good at,you can sell in SA,does it mean that no one makes it there?just know that the country na Jungle so if you re good in Jungle hit there.
thankx bro
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by Mafamafa(m): 5:31am On Aug 17, 2012
What your profession? If you into IT, health and u still single, try SA, but be ready2 marry southy girl and face some bits of tough tym when stabilising. I'm not saying its gonna be easy but attimes its worth it than 9ja and I have my point. When coming thru, if you can get some of this china brazillian hair, bring em in and hussle them. Be careful wit 9ja pple and join a good church, ie, eagles christian center in jhb or pta, or kicc in jhb. If your mind believes in it, go for it. I took d same decision some years ago, precisely 2006, and today, I relocated frm SA, and run my company in the USA.... Trying somethng no dey kill person bruv. Gd luck.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by osobanson: 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2012
Mafamafa: What your profession? If you into IT, health and u still single, try SA, but be ready2 marry southy girl and face some bits of tough tym when stabilising. I'm not saying its gonna be easy but attimes its worth it than 9ja and I have my point. When coming thru, if you can get some of this china brazillian hair, bring em in and hussle them. Be careful wit 9ja pple and join a good church, ie, eagles christian center in jhb or pta, or kicc in jhb. If your mind believes in it, go for it. I took d same decision some years ago, precisely 2006, and today, I relocated frm SA, and run my company in the USA.... Trying somethng no dey kill person bruv. Gd luck.
. Yea am into Web development business here in Nigeria nd I had my first degree in Health Education. Does dat make any sense. Though stil single but not ready to marry any nasty babe. Kan U b of help in anyway. Am a Comitted Christian in my Church too,so it won't b a problem 4 me overthere. I Writes too nd presently a self published author.kan U b of assistanc in Anyway
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by Fireson: 1:14pm On Aug 25, 2012
Just passing by !! undecided
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by Dipwater(m): 8:07am On Oct 05, 2012
Olboy with that ur funny "am achristian" mentality I suggest u stay back in naija and practice ur xtianity well well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
osobanson: Thankx all. More views ll b appreciated nd who knw about transport business in Lagos state nd how viable is it (especially danfo or urvan bus)
My brother, if you have the capital abeg i kneel down beg you go into the business. Why did i say you should go into the business?
Two weeks back, i came to victoria Island for interview and i was amaze that there was opportunity in transportation business. If you think am lying, take feasibility studies from Ajah park to Obalende from 4:00pm to 10:00pm one can make up to #15000 within that period.
Incase it work for you, don't hessitate to send me gift oh..

1 Like

Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by emilyone(f): 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hmmm
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by ayodave: 9:12am On Jul 03, 2015
If you are to travel, go to US or Canada that will be a best place, but S.A to me is no go area, but you can go to S.A if your passport it virgin, spend 1 or 2 weeks, at least you will have first hand view, don't be tempted to stay come back Nigeria, then apply for U.S visa. What you will hear from consular is Applcation Approved go to this....to pickup your passport.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by wolex3030: 7:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
As for me i belief there are more opportunities in SA. Most time i laugh wen we Nigerians condemn SA, there are many Nigerians doing great in SA,i mean legal jobs & businesses.My belife is dat we shld always pray for God blessing where ever we live,there are many Nigerians struggling in Europe & America and also there are many young Nigerians living in SA & travel to Canada,America & Europe & still come but to SA and take SA as their base.Many young Nigerians had also relocated to America,Europe & Australia from SA which ordinarily if they had stay back in Nigeria,they wouldn't ve achieve wat dey had achieved. The fact remain dat all of us can't live in Nigeria so any where u find urself pls pray for God blessing, if God blessing is upon u,where others are wasting away u will be prospering.South Africa is not a bad place as many Nigerians thinks, am not disregarding the fact that there many nigerians are going 2ru tough time as u will also see dat in europe.wat matter most is God blessing & direction. Nigeria as a country can be frustrating at times

7 Likes

Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by Henix(m): 10:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
fados4sure:

My brother, if you have the capital abeg i kneel down beg you go into the business. Why did i say you should go into the business?
Two weeks back, i came to victoria Island for interview and i was amaze that there was opportunity in transportation business. If you think am lying, take feasibility studies from Ajah park to Obalende from 4:00pm to 10:00pm one can make up to #15000 within that period.
The way u made it sound so easy, got me laughing. Is he going to do the driving himself? @op, transportation is lucrative, but too risky and stressful. Buy a 'danfo', and see urself living at the mercy of ur driver. Think of another better business that a starter like urself can start and nurture by himself

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by BOWOTO(m): 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
Its very sad when I see Nigerians bad mouth SA, see bro SA is a great place, just be LEGIT, when you come do a short course, and you're good to go,most of the people bad mouthing south africa have never been there, my family relocated there 2 years ago and they are doing very good,i visit there too. With God you can make it anywhere.

Meo.
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by uzhi(m): 7:40am On Jul 05, 2015
A piece of my heart to the op. I have been to south Africa with a one year multiple entry visa and didn't stay more than a week and two days. I love the country and the hustling life there, but I didn't have enough to stay back. A friend of mine took the risk and within 1 year, he was happy.
Take the risk if u can.
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by SisterCaro(m): 10:16am On Jul 05, 2015
martyns303:
my brother take my advice with all sincerity, as am typing this am in a state of mind that i cant really explain, a bit depression, fear and uncertain. Am also in SA, things are not bad for me, as a matter of fact am living good. however the standard of living here is so expensive that you may work for years and not be able to save anything reasonable to start a life in NIgeria. I've seen people in your kind of situation here, and trust me when i tell you i've given 2 guys R5K each, that's alomost a total of N200K to pay fair back to Nigeria cos they couldn't even afford ticket. Most of the guys doing well here are from rich family, mostly children of politicians, when you go to a Nigerian restaurant to eat, thats when you will really see people with serious problems. My brother please i beg you in God's name, if you know your not on solid grounds, dont come and contribute to the already bad reputation of Nigeria in this country, I beg you, i wish i can elaborate more but am really not a person of words, a word they say ......
i understand where you are coming from but i dont think thats mecessarily the case. Even people from average families are making it.
All you need to do is get further your studies in SA and it may be easier to get employment that way. I know of someone who wanted to use his Nigerian qualifications to get a job in SA. It was quite hard for him. He ended up going back home and came back after about 3years for school and things are better for him now. He is not from a well-to-do family.
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by princebaby(m): 12:31am On Jul 06, 2015
It seems that am the one this topic is created for pls I want to travel to SA on jan next year and my frnd is over their since my life all my dreams is to travel outside pls am I makeing the right idea? I have 300k with me will that be enough to me? Pls help me if you live in sa ans me
Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by bimbofela: 1:06am On Jul 09, 2015
fados4sure:

It dosnt work dat way bro. D only way he could make his money n keep it is for him to be driving the bus himself. Btw do you kow how much dey pay daily to deir park chairman n all d agberos, by d time you calculate everything, you will only have money to feed for d next day. Not to talk of traffic in Lagos around dat time. Dat is Wat dey call peak periods. I kow of someone who bought a bus n gave it to a guy to drive , d guy stole or probably took smth from another person's bus n d owner of the bus went to jail for it. D driver ran away. N thinking about how d drivers drive recklessly, you will realize that any damage done to d bus will be taken care of from d pocket of d owner. So how much is left my bro. You should kow if all dis drivers/touts make up to dat, then deir lives will be better off. Dis is my own observation. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better by onatisi(m): 4:33am On Jul 09, 2015
“You will never realize the value of what you have ,until you have lost it” Onatisi

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators / Move Back To Nigeria Club / Lagos Port Gridlock: Business Owners Narrate Impact On Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.