Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,437 members, 7,781,276 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:40 AM

Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (41140 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 07, 2012
Nursing and Social Works seem to be the major courses that help immigrants get jobs fast in the US and UK. I have folks who even got employment in the UK with just a Diploma in Social Works from a Nigerian Uni. She later did a degree in Social Works so she could rise and become a mamber of their association.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by UNLEASHED(m): 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2012
The fact is, No one plucks money on the tree anywhere in the world. If you believe you will be successful and you don't stop in the process, you will definitely be. Regardless of the part of the world you are, but no matter how bad it is, or how bad it may be. Nigeria is way worse and won't chose her over here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by manny4life(m): 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2012
andre99: Walahi no place like home, I stay in Colardo not too far from the cinema where the Dark knight shooting incident happened, we are afraid because another incident happened in Winconsin temple, walahi I want to leave Usa for Canada, problem too dey here, it is just the beginning of the shooting spree here in USA. Don't come here o! A lot people have access to gun and can pull the trigger anytime on you.

Chill jor, relax, smiley smiley smiley while it's that serious, it's not that seriously bad. America just like Nigeria has it's own problem. America is shooting spree, Nigeria is kidnapping, bombing, and what have you, should we now say it's bad to live in Nigeria? Besides, these were isolated incidents...
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
afam4eva: The best way to make a killing in America or any foreign country is through self employment.

Self employment doing whattt, I guess Taxi driving grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by deshclones(m): 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
mylunch: U hv a misguided believe,i reside here in europe,with absolute certainty,life is tough here.Aside lack of jobs,ur wages are lesser than your bills.Yes good roads and all of that,but u pay through ur nose for it.As soon as am done with my masters,am headed home,i can't wait to leave here.I hv couple of friends and relatives in d UK,they sob daily,what is d reason for this?life is tough.Most times they ask for loan from me,and d answer to this request is obvious,i don't have enough to spare.Am aware of d power failure,so what i have in mind is to come along with a moderate solar to power me 24hours,nigeria is blessed wt plenty of sun light,so i would use this to my advantage.Is better back home,i know what am talking about.

dont waste your bandwith on that m0r0n..the dolt has never set foot out of his agege enclave...he rants worse than a demented dog...kindly allow him to enjoy his perpetual foolery.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 07, 2012
Dawdy: It is not easy! It is not easy! Yet u people remain there, obviously It is easier there than In nigeria.
Gbam! No matter how hard they try to scare me, my visa is already on my palm i must take my trip soon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by ocelot2006(m): 3:00pm On Aug 07, 2012
afam4eva:
You see , that's what scares me the most about the US. In Nigeria i can exchange words with an Agbero in oshodi bustop because i know there's not much he can do but over there, you don't know what they have in their pockets.

Don't forget the serial killers over there oh.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Afam4eva(m): 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2012
ocelot2006:

Don't forget the serial killers over there oh.
Serial killers for where??
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Rhino5dm: 3:03pm On Aug 07, 2012
No one is interested in your high stories and lies, just tell us how you managed to relocate to Logos from Aba. yahoo yahoo thief!!!

afam4eva:
You made your money in Nigeria doing what exactly. Thief. With your reasoning faculty, i doubt if you can make a penny doing anything legal. You sound like a fraudster to me. What fraud sector are you into?? sending bulk emails to suspecting victims or the conventional 419? Or are you just a pick pocket?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Afam4eva(m): 3:05pm On Aug 07, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
No one is interested in your high stories and lies, just tell us how you managed to relocate to Logos from Aba. yahoo yahoo thief!!!

Thief...OLE! catch am...
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by guddylover(m): 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2012
In fact, you have said it all

love4ual: my advice for any one coming to america who is still below 25yrs of age is to go and study nursing whether male or female....................as a guy it was not easy for me to agree to study nursing but i decided to abandon my 300 level course at nnamdi azikiwe university to study nursing.....................the future looks brighter for me than ever.......

i will have my liscence sometime this yr .....but i am already doing fine in the health sector..................

with nursing you will have ur papers quickly.............the demand is so high that there is so much shortage in the major cities of the us........new york, california and texas......

being a nurse you can come to the united states quickly because you do not need labor certification..............they do not look at experience sometimes or where you are coming from or even legal status because there is so much shortage in the industry.................infact most of the philippines and indian nurses who work here in houston cannot even speak english properly and yet the are employed making about $5,000 or more monthly............................my sister works double shift and so makes about $9,800 monthly.......................

nursing certificate is the only certificate that is recognized in the usa irregardless of the country you are coming from.............most nursing agencies will pay for your accomodation, car and board exam....................once you pass and start working you will re-imburse them back.........

any other degree from nigeria is rubbish......

most nigerians in the us are not properly informed about the health sector in the us even though they know nurses are on top.........................some of the jobs are also dirty but when you see dollars your eye go open and you can do just anything...........

while some people are still going through tough times in the us....there future is much brighter if only they are exposed to the right information.............canada, the us and australia are very good........i will advice anybody not to travel to the uk.........is really tougher out there and my friends always tell me that we are the very lucky ones to have been in the states.........

pls forget other degree certificates from home........because it will never be recognized abroad..........
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by chucky234(m): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
Its certainly not rosy anywhere in the world but I think one is better off in Naija than anywhere else,I lived in the USA for six months then came back to settle in Naija.
You can live in Naija and work abroad that's if you know how,I work as players scout/agent and don't need to travel out of the country and the club pays my commissions into my dom accounts when due for any of my players signed.
I also work as mandate to commodity companies abroad without leaving Naija,with the few months I lived abroad I concentrated in gathering contacts than hustling. Now I have contacts everywhere as I can communicate with them,close a deal and receive my commissions without tax or govt bills.
You can do anything in Naija and make money enough to be comfortable without paying huge bills/taxes monthly, a friend of mine who live in UK with his German wife and three kids want to buy a Honda Babyboy,he plan to raise N1.2m in two months as he plans to send £1000 every two weeks so I can pay for the car on his behalf.
That's a man who hold a degree and could not find a good job in the UK,now he has decided to enroll for master degree at the university of Liverpool maybe that can get him a better job.
Things are not what they seem abroad,Nigerians are suffering overseas.
Pride will not allow many of them to come back home,it is easier to survive in Nigeria than abroad as whatever you put in the market here generate sales.
If you come back to Nigeria with $5000 you can start an import business with that amount and double it in less than two months if you know what you are doing,no tax no bills just you and money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by ocelot2006(m): 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2012
afam4eva:
Serial killers for where??

The US of A.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by coogar: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2012
werepeLeri: You hear a lot these days - and you keep wondering how our bros and sis in the diaspora cope. Abeg, this no be thread for uncultured language, uncultured statements etc. This is so others can learn from your experience out there.

not rosy, not thorny!
one thing is clear though - it's miles better in diaspora than having to fear the menace of armed bandits invading homes every passing night!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Afam4eva(m): 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
ocelot2006:

The US of A.
I thought you meant Nigeria. I for fear. Na for where i wan see serial killer. Even pick pocket sef i neva jam. But i dey fear make Rhino no come pick my pocket one day grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
coming from someone that only sees abroad on movies? undecided Dude, this thread is for people living abroad or have lived abroad and not some local chimp that haven't moved passed the local wing of MMA.

why don't you start by telling us how to live in Aba or Onitsha, chimpy?

Now get da hell outta hia!!!.

Lmaoooooooo
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Rhino5dm: 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
You think calling me your names will change anything? dude, this thread is on front page already and am happy many people will get to read about your fraudulent nature.

All your 10 thousand naira joomla website hosting and designing scams won't work anymore. Get your arsss of that internet cafe and go look for real job(I doubt if any sane person will want to hire a low IQ'ed thief like you). Onyeshi!!!

afam4eva:

Thief...OLE! catch am...
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2012
afam4eva:
I don't know where i claimed to have lived abroad. Who's dragging abroad with you. You must think it's every tom, d1ck and chukwuma that wants to run away for greener pastures abroad. I guess it's that slave mentality in you that makes you think people abroad are any better than those in Nigeria. What a DUNCE.

Wow, if I recall correctly, didn't you claim to be in London a little while back? Hmmn.... I might be wrong sha, but I know my memory rarely fails me.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Afam4eva(m): 3:30pm On Aug 07, 2012
deleted
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Afam4eva(m): 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
kingoflag:

Wow, if I recall correctly, didn't you claim to be in London a little while back? Hmmn.... I might be wrong sha, but I know my memory rarely fails me.
Your memory has failed you big time. No be me. The only foreign country that i've boasted about going to is Benin republic, cotonou to be precise.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2012
ekt_bear: Btw, as much as some might use a thread like this as an opportunity to bash Nigeria, my sister has found Nigeria better for her career than the US.

She worked for a few years at a mediocre, unknown accounting firm in the US. But now has a job with a much better firm in Nigeria.

So I think the important thing is to be open to opportunities anywhere in the world, rather than to rule anything out.

Pls tell this to Rhino.5 dm(dead.man) , i hate it when ppl who work in mortuary and tube as cleaners will come here and talk trash, why will i live as a 3rd citizen somewhere. when i can make Nigeria comfortable for myself, this guy talk like a baby, i dont even know how old he is, Afam4eva pls ignore that dunce.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Truckpusher(m): 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2012
CyberG:

Much better than a system run by retardeen Goatlock for sure and whose shaite is licked by lapdogs like the OP. In a system that works, not chaotic like odechukwu's Nigeria, you will not cope you will actually excel without any connections or boyboyism. Get an education, work as hard and smart as you can in whatever you do, you will be able to afford and have everything you need and get even the things you want while keeping your dignity and humanity. You will not have or need millions of dollars in your account like sellouts like the OP who help to rip off the patrimony of their fatherland to feather their individual nests but you will have enough and more depending on your talent, hard work, dedication and focus.

You will have good roads to drive almost everywhere you turn, healthcare that will take care of the smallest injury to the most life threatening ones without needing to travel to another country, buy or rent a good house / apartment, buy a very good car, take trains or buses, never have to worry that someone might bomb you and your leaders will do nothing but brag, get the latest electronics, travel to any part of the planet without needing to die at the embassy applying for visa, if you lose your job you never need to be an eye-servicer like OP to survive because your employment insurance benefits kick in for several months, enough to find another job, you can wake-up everyday and have peace and a clear conscience not those seared with hot irons like that in an environment where the quality of life is determined by how many billions you have looted of the country's wealth. All these you can do without carrying a credit card debt and be in control of your life. You will not need USELESS PRAYERS for NEPA to bring light, or BH or defend a good for nothing foolishe leader like Badluck Jonathan in order to get your own share of his N 1 B cassava bread handout! This is the real meaning of wealth and a good life not primitive acquisition!
no be GEJ give you visa! u dun leave topic they abuse your papa and mama or u dun smoke that thing again?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by manny4life(m): 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Pls tell this to Rhino.5 dm(dead.man) , i hate it when ppl who work in mortuary and tube as cleaners will come here and talk trash, why will i live as a 3rd citizen somewhere. when i can make Nigeria comfortable for myself, this guy talk like a baby, i dont even know how old he is, Afam4eva pls ignore that dunce.

You're funny o, me I don't want to get in between the fight, but I beg to disagree with you on that bold part. How do you mean "3rd class citizen"? Does your job now define you in what citizen class you are? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 07, 2012
chucky234[b:
]Its certainly not rosy anywhere in the world but I think one if better off in Naija than anywhere else,I lived in the USA for six months the came back to settle in Naija.[/b]

In the 6 months you lived out here, I bet even if you lived to be 300 yrs old in Naija, u'll never get the same level of "comfort" you did here and I don't care if you're sitting on $1million!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Truckpusher(m): 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
Naija boys are seeing fire!!! and the only exception to this statement is a smaller percentage of those that where born and bred there and they decided to cool down and learn a trade or do real time studies....read my lips ,if you see any naija boy; hustler,but rich or even comfortable of any kind it only smacks of one thing drugs and fraud except those wey their papa dun thief us blind...my broda e dey bite for their.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
afam4eva:
Your memory has failed you big time. No be me. The only foreign country that i've boasted about going to is Benin republic, cotonou to be precise.

Hmmn. . . ok o. If you say so.

But, you know maybe if to say you stick to one I.D sha, then I for no make mistake.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Rhino5dm: 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2012
Keep on lying and changing your stories. The other day you claimed to be posting from London and even jokingly threw a jab at those living in Nigeria. those you described as "home based", only for me to call you out.

Now,your projectile of lies has landed in Benin republic because we are ready to expose you, abi ? Do you have any shame?

Attention Nairalanders:

Don't be tricked into registering or submitting any of your info on that forum. The owner, afam is a known thief and your email address could be deployed in committing internet wire frauds.

www./forum.

afam4eva:
Your memory has failed you big time. No be me. The only foreign country that i've boasted going to is Benin, cotonou to be precise.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
I think it largely depends on what industry you're in and your legal status in your domiciled country. The economy is real bad at the moment but you have to agree with me that if you hold an Engineering degree with good grades, possess legal status, and work in the oil industry, you definitely have no feel for what others are experiencing. While there was also a recent downturn in the oil/gas industry, most professionals cant complain. Life is more than good. There are tonnes of nigerians doing relatively well in houston. I've a met a lot of the younger generation who are also doing well in the industry. Be it MWD's Cementing guys, wireline guys etc. Several 23 - 25 yr olds who have their homes paid for without any mortgage left. If you're banking in 100 - 130 grand per annum as a starter working as a service hand you cant complain but say life is good.
On the other hand, if you're in other industries such as business and banking, na OYO be that oo cos layoffs are still going on daily.
In all, wherever you are, make best use of the opportunites you have. Get an education, better your skills.

@ The guy that is making noise about nurses in houston, guy abeg chill out, nurses aint got nothing on engineers in houston. Office engineers in the industry easily make way more than that just working 9-5 while the field rig workers double what your nurses make. The nursing route may be good for those without a technical degree. If you have an engineering degree, don't even listen to all those folks that will tell you to abandon it for nursing. Get a masters degree or sumthin and the sky'll be d limit...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2012
afam4eva:
Your memory has failed you big time. No be me. The only foreign country that i've boasted going to is Benin, cotonou to be precise.

i like ur style, i dont know what ppl see in traveling, when i went on cross posting, i pray evryday 4 the last day of the three yrs to finish.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Afam4eva(m): 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Keep on lying and changing your stories. The other day you claimed to be posting from London and even jokingly threw a jab at those living in Nigeria. those you described as "home based", only for me to call you out.

Now,your projectile of lies has landed in Benin republic because we are ready to expose you, abi ? Do you have any shame?

Attention Nairalanders:

Don't be tricked into registering or submitting any of your info on that forum. The owner, afam is a known thief and your email address could be deployed in committing internet wire frauds.

www./forum.

Since you can't make a headway in your life, i guess the best thing for you to do is to try to take as many people down with you. I aint going down with you. is it by force? Your life must be a more hopeless than hopeless because you've tried your hands at everything even 419, kidnapping and pick pocketing but nothing is working for you. Duse, just kill yourself and pray and satan accepts you into his kingdom.

Btw, thanks for helping me advertise my forum. Now, it's time to shoot yourself. Oya, release.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
manny4life:

You're funny o, me I don't want to get in between the fight, but I beg to disagree with you on that bold part. How do you mean "3rd class citizen"? Does your job now define you in what citizen class you are? undecided undecided undecided

Manny4life , Mehn let me just tell you, there r some lkind of job u will have in Nigeria, u wont remember hardship let alone running away, im not talking of political works. @ the bolded, Even those with good jobs are treated as 3rd class citizens by the owners of the land.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by manny4life(m): 3:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
A-town:
I think it largely depends on what industry you're in and your legal status in your domiciled country. The economy is real bad at the moment but you have to agree with me that if you hold an Engineering degree with good grades, possess legal status, and work in the oil industry, you definitely have no feel for what others are experiencing. While there was also a recent downturn in the oil/gas industry, most professionals cant complain. Life is more than good. There are tonnes of nigerians doing relatively well in houston. I've a met a lot of the younger generation who are also doing well in the industry. Be it MWD's Cementing guys, wireline guys etc. Several 23 - 25 yr olds who have their homes paid for without any mortgage left. If you're banking in 100 - 130 grand per annum as a starter working as a service hand you cant complain but say life is good.
On the other hand, if you're in other industries such as business and banking, na OYO be that oo cos layoffs are still going on daily.
In all, wherever you are, make best use of the opportunites you have. Get an education, better your skills.

The bold part caught my eyes, what kind of jobs do 23-25yr old have that they pay off their mortgage with none left? I need precise answers becos that don't sound right. Please explain further...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Dorcas Shola Fapson Vs Taxify Driver: The Full Story (Video) / FESTAC Tanker Fire Destroyed 26 Vehicles, Others (Photos, Video) / Mother Escapes As Trailer Crushes Children To Death In Onitsha (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.