Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,225 members, 7,780,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:06 PM

There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi (12126 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Sheikh Ahmad Abubakar Gumi’s Communiqué After Rounding Up His Sermon / All Suicide-Bombers Are Going To Hell - Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by adaybayor(m): 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
pembisco: Dis shreck gumi sef! Haba,we ol knw dt u ar a hypocrit! Y wunt u officially condem bkh,evri muslem(murderer) feels joy weneva a church is atackd,so wt d Bleep is he sayin

This rubbish is for your churh pastor
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by adaybayor(m): 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
pembisco: Dis shreck gumi sef! Haba,we ol knw dt u ar a hypocrit! Y wunt u officially condem bkh,evri muslem(murderer) feels joy weneva a church is atackd,so wt d Bleep is he sayin

This rubbish is for your church pastor
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by adaybayor(m): 5:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
Austine.E:
...if there is no compulsion in islam,how come many Arab countries,including Saudi Arabia imposed it as a state religion even when they are other religions in those countries?why is it that no other religion,be it christainity,paganism,Hinduism is above the state,even in countries where they are dominant,this is called secularism and freedom of associatn!

Ask the vaticans why dey don't allow islam, go ask the jews same question...it is natural for u to protect ur territory from invasion so stop being bias
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by 9jii(m): 5:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
blank: So, why were people arrested in Kano for not fasting?

Is coz they are muslims.
Muslims has to abide by d sharia.
Did u hear of any non muslim arrested coz he's not fastin?

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by adaybayor(m): 5:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
ebamma: maybe sheikh gumi doesn't know how islam entered this country,uthman dan fodio fought a war with the hausas who were pagans then,and when he won the war the people who were alive were forced to convert to islam .islam has always been a war mongering and blood thirsty religion

You pretend to know what you don't know, stop assuming and spewing rubbish, islam has been in nigeria before uthman dan fodio

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by adaybayor(m): 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
ebamma: maybe sheikh gumi doesn't know how islam entered this country,uthman dan fodio fought a war with the hausas who were pagans then,and when he won the war the people who were alive were forced to convert to islam .islam has always been a war mongering and blood thirsty religion

You pretend to know what you don't know, stop assuming and spewing rubbish, islam has been in nigeria before uthman dan fodio
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by airfinance(m): 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
Centinno01: Who is fooling who?
Forr christ sake can't you just be reasonable and digest with honesty without sentiment what the mallam is talking about!instead of making comments like a junkie. Mtscheeeew
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by spearman(m): 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
drzed:

1). The killing of 6 million Jews and 20 Million Russians by Adolf Hitler - with the connivance of German (and some say papal)Church

You are DEAD WRONG. Hitler blamed chritianity for not killing more Jews and conqureing the world. Hitler ADMIRED Islam a LOT.

Adolf Hitler
"You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"

"Had Charles Martel not been victorious at Poitiers -already, you see, the world had already fallen into the hands of the Jews, so gutless a thing Christianity! -then we should in all probability have been converted to Mohammedanism, that cult which glorifies the heroism and which opens up the seventh Heaven to the bold warrior alone. Then the Germanic races would have conquered the world. Christianity alone prevented them from doing so"

3 Likes

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by Series22(m): 5:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
nagoma:

Why do you have to talk when you are clearly ignorant?

1.Neither senior Gummi nor the junior Gunmi's teachings ever provoked riots ever in kaduna or anywhere. Gunmi's was always a peace maker. You may site situation and date if you have any.
2. Neither Gunmi's senior nor junior were/ are from Shia sect . They are both closely related to Saudi Rabigha teachings and do not claim any sect. Certainly not Shia.
3. Attempt was made to frame Gunmi's on terror charges by elements in the OBJ government SSS and fake reports sent to Saudi Arabia where he lives. The reports were thoroughly investigated and found to be from Nigerian rivals of Islam in the SSS. The Saudi government and Saudi ambassador in Nigeria apologized to Ahmed Gunmi and requested him to continue his stay scholarly pursuit in Saudi Arabia if he wishes. Gunmi himself wondered why all this by people he has no axe to grind with? He has forgiven them for this embarrassment caused to him and thanked Allah for his exoneration.
Are you plain ignorant or just mischievous like those foolish SSS haters?
My guy, How old r u? U must b a teenager. But sum teenager r inteligent na, i wonda ur own problm. Do u knw dat Gunmi's father was once arrestd by late Gen Abacha 4 inciting religious crises in kaduna?
Sencondly let me laugh @ ur stupidity about Gunmi's sect. Gunmi is d spiritual head of shia in Nigeria (feel free 2 ask google). D spiritual headquaters of Shia sect is in iran(about 80% shia'), saudi is 99% sunnis; and u knw hw muslims can kil each other wen it comes 2 shia vs sunni rivalry (d causes of syria's war). Gunmi was arested based on wat d saudi's percieved about him(rememba saudi hate iran like devil). Mind u, it took d intervention of GEJ(not evn yaradu) to get ur sheik out of saudi's cell. Nothn concern OBJ 4 d arrest...
Also saudi warned Nigeria about d dangers of Gunmi. But u knw Nigeria is a polarised society, where a camel can pass thru d eyez of a niddle witout qualms. My guy, Gunmi is a terrorist, period! Barka d sallah in advance bro.
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by 9jii(m): 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
adaybayor:

Thank you please
Ebamma u hear?
Know better plz.
Shehu dan Fodio was reformer.
adaybayor:

Thank you please
Ebamma u hear?
Know better plz.
adaybayor:

Thank you please
Ebamma u hear?
Know better plz.
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by adaybayor(m): 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
spearman:
You are DEAD WRONG. Hitler blamed chritianity for not killing more Jews and conqureing the world. Hitler ADMIRED Islam a LOT.

Adolf Hitler
"You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"

"Had Charles Martel not been victorious at Poitiers -already, you see, the world had already fallen into the hands of the Jews, so gutless a thing Christianity! -then we should in all probability have been converted to Mohammedanism, that cult which glorifies the heroism and which opens up the seventh Heaven to the bold warrior alone. Then the Germanic races would have conquered the world. Christianity alone prevented them from doing so"

Another idiot here trying to prove smart...WTF is muhammedanism? Stop inventing lies, its highly irritating.
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by adaybayor(m): 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
9jii.:

Thank you please
Ebamma u hear?
Know better plz.

Thank you please
Ebamma u hear?
Know better plz.

Thank you please
Ebamma u hear?
Know better plz.

Thank you.
Not knowing is not α̲̅ crime, but unwilling to know is α̲̅ crime...iqra bi-ismi robika ladhi alaqo (that's Allah's command)
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by 9jii(m): 5:34pm On Aug 13, 2012
Series22: My guy, How old r u? U must b a teenager. But sum teenager r inteligent na, i wonda ur own problm. Do u knw dat Gunmi's father was once arrestd by late Gen Abacha 4 inciting religious crises in kaduna?
Sencondly let me laugh @ ur stupidity about Gunmi's sect. Gunmi is d spiritual head of shia in Nigeria (feel free 2 ask google). D spiritual headquaters of Shia sect is in iran(about 80% shia'), saudi is 99% sunnis; and u knw hw muslims can kil each other wen it comes 2 shia vs sunni rivalry (d causes of syria's war). Gunmi was arested based on wat d saudi's percieved about him(rememba saudi hate iran like devil). Mind u, it took d intervention of GEJ(not evn yaradu) to get ur sheik out of saudi's cell. Nothn concern OBJ 4 d arrest...
Also saudi warned Nigeria about d dangers of Gunmi. But u knw Nigeria is a polarised society, where a camel can pass thru d eyez of a niddle witout qualms. My guy, Gunmi is a terrorist, period! Barka d sallah in advance bro.
Series22: My guy, How old r u? U must b a teenager. But sum teenager r inteligent na, i wonda ur own problm. Do u knw dat Gunmi's father was once arrestd by late Gen Abacha 4 inciting religious crises in kaduna?

must you lie of what u clearly don't know about?
I swear, I hate use word illiterate.
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by 9jii(m): 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
[/color]
[color=#000099]

must you lie of what u clearly don't know about?
I swear, I hate use word illiterate.
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by airfinance(m): 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
Series22: my guy, u d mind dis hypocrites? Na make e b say him talk. Gumi is 4rm shia islamic sect. Detained in saudi 4 terrorism. Wen d senior Gumi was alive, wen eva he preaches in kaduna dey must b riot in that town. Dis guys are terrorists.
For christ sake here comes another junkie. Search for more knowledge and stop being and ignorant living in the midst of hopeless idiot. The mallam has said the truth about there religion and yu are calling him a terrorist. Have you ever wondered why there has never being negative report on social and political distruction, killing of the innocent and distruction of properties in Saudi Qatar UAE Oman,these are muslim countries. Is becos they follow the teachings of the religion to live in peace with your neighbors. Could take you to one. To see if you wish. Instead of sitting and listen to stories that are not verified. Everytin alwaz have this nija factor,I don't blame you
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by spearman(m): 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
adaybayor:

Another idiot here trying to prove smart...WTF is muhammedanism? Stop inventing lies, its highly irritating.

Those are the words of Hitler not mine. He felt he would have achieved more if Germans were Muslims. I'm coming up with more from the great Turkish leader.
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by DANILSA(m): 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
drzed:

No. Muslims dont need to work hard to prove jack!

The difference between we Muslims and you Christians is that you take every bad action of any Muslim as being representative of Islam. We muslims do not generalise the bad actions of some Christians as representative of Christianity. Otherwise we Muslims would blame each and every Christian for:

1). The killing of 6 million Jews and 20 Million Russians by Adolf Hitler - with the connivance of German (and some say papal)Church
2). The massacre of millions of native North American Indians by land-hungry European Christians
3). The murdering of millions of native South Americans by the Spanish Conquistadors
4). The byatch-slapping of presumed witches by your pastors, especially those in Nigeria;
5). The molestation of kids by your 'holy' preachers, especially of the Catholic kind.
6)._________________________(Anyone can fill in the blanks here)....
7)....And list more here.
8].......... And even more here.

We Muslims do not generalise. We know that not all Christians are bad, just as we acknowledge that there are bad Muslims among us. So what is the difference between us? Well, you may not believe in what we believe; you may not like or tolerate us, but we judge each and every one of you according to his words and his deeds. The truth is that we KNOW about you because we were told (and warned) about you in the Glorious Quran. But for you, we on the other hand remain a mystery, an enigma, and unknown phenomenon which you love to hate. Simply because you refuse to even 'consider' making an attempt to know us.

Learn to separate a religion (yes, including Christianity) from its practitioners. The former may be ideal, the latter is definitely not, due to human tendency to err.

A little research about what Islam truly means and what a true Muslim is really like, cannot surely hurt you, will it? But no, most of you would rather believe CNN or what others tell you. For crying out loud: READ!

ps: The very first word revealed in the Glorious Qur'an happened to be 'READ'.

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by BetaThings: 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
I can assure that while you have the liberty in your religion to slander/defame all muslims, the facts on ground are different
You need just about 1,100 suicide bombers to carry out 3 attacks EVERY day for a WHOLE year!
To have 30 attacks EVERY day, you need 11,000 people and 110,000 people for 300 attacks daily
What is the population of muslims (whom you call murderers) in Nigeria?

The reality is this
It is forbidden to attack a church
Christians who don't fight muslims are to be treated well. Go to Riyadh in Saudi Arabia and you will see christians living in peace there
Extremism existed at the time of the Prophet (PBUH) and he denounced
From what I know of Islam (contrary to what BH does), We are not at war with christians
Muslims need an Amir to declare war. Yet Nigerian muslims don't agree on Amir right now. BH is not my Amir. They are even illiterates
If I killed a christian today, just because he is a christian, I would have no justification for my action when I am questioned on the day of Qiyama
The Qur'an assures me that all our deeds are recorded. On that day, people would wonder
What kind of book is this that does not leave out anything - big or small
Murder is a very very big deal in Islam

You can do your research and think back to your real life - not online life. How many muslims have tried to murder (yes it is murder, not Jihad, that Boko Haram is doing) you because you are a christian?

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2012

So far they are muslims,then Islamic law is binding on them NOT on non-muslims.put forward names of non-muslims that were arrested in Kano for proper scrutiny.

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by Series22(m): 5:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
drzed:

The difference between we Muslims and you Christians is that you take every bad action of any Muslim as being representative of Islam. We muslims do not generalise the bad actions of some Christians as representative of Christianity. Otherwise we Muslims would blame each and every Christian for:

2). The massacre of millions of native North American Indians by land-hungry European Christians
3). The murdering of millions of native South Americans by the Spanish Conquistadors
4). The byatch-slapping of presumed witches by your pastors, especially those in Nigeria;
5). The molestation of kids by your 'holy' preachers, especially of the Catholic kind.

We Muslims do not generalise. We know that not all Christians are bad, just as we acknowledge that there are bad Muslims among us. So what is the difference between us? Well, you may not believe in what we believe; you may not like or tolerate us, but we judge each and every one of you according to his words and his deeds. The truth is that we KNOW about you because we were told (and warned) about you in the Glorious Quran. But for you, we on the other hand remain a mystery, an enigma, and unknown phenomenon which you love to hate. Simply because you refuse to even 'consider' making an attempt to know us.

Learn to separate a religion (yes, including Christianity) from its practitioners. The former may be ideal, the latter is definitely not, due to human tendency to err.

A little research about what Islam truly means and what a true Muslim is really like, cannot surely hurt you, will it? But no, most of you would rather believe CNN or what others tell you. For crying out loud: READ!

my friend, u try, but wen d so called christians u mentioned wants 2 cary out dia killings, do they say they are doing it 4 Jesus christ? But mohammd(s.a.w) kild 4 allah, dan fodio kild 4 allah, bokoharam kils 4 allah, al qaeda, e.t.c kils 4 allah (I knw say if u get oportunity, u too go wan kil 4 allah). Christians dat kils pple do it 4 their own wickdnes and not 4 jesus. E.g hitler, taylor, MEND, e.t.c.
2ndly, christians that kils knw in their hart dat hell is dia last destination, but muslims bliv in 72 virgns here-after. My guy, u don c d difrence ba?
Ramadam kareem!

1 Like

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by spearman(m): 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
~Bluetooth:

So far they are muslims,then Islamic law is binding [/b]on them NOT on non-muslims.put forward names of non-muslims that were arrested in Kano for proper scrutiny.

[b]What happened to NO COMPULSION IN ISLAM?
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by billyG(m): 5:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
He said that in public but in closed door he charge his misguarded followers 2 go & kill d innocent infidels as commanded by d koran or his he reading frm a diff.koran(all muslims read d same koran) angry angry angry
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by Series22(m): 5:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
ai119: for God sake were did he call someone hypocrites well I don't blame u, u work for 666 and the freemansonic go back and check ur church very well momo
my guy, hwfa? are u ok?
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by spearman(m): 5:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
drzed:

drzed:

Adolf Hitler

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by DANILSA(m): 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
drzed:

Guy then it means u have not read my post in this forum. I was born in the north, schooled in the north and presently working in the north. But I did tell u that hausa practice of islam is called extremism, they read the quran with 13th century understanding while the yorubas will read with the 21st century understanding. Mind u, I know much about islam. If a yoruba man tells me islam is peaceful then I have no doubt because his father might be a christian, mother a muslim, Bro a hindu, sis a
Buddist and him a pagan, they will still eat in one pot. If u are bold enough try it in ur family and see if ur mother or father will not stab u to death. I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by drzed: 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2012

Is that so?

I suppose your social studies or history syllabus did not cover the spread of Christianity in the dark/middle ages? Ever heard of the Crusades? Oh, no, that was just a picnic excursion by some unruly boy's scouts to bully a few old men in the Middle East, right? For your information, there were NINE different crusades starting from 1095 until 1272 AD. That is 300 years of incessant Christian warfare, each of which had the blessings and financial support of the Church headed by the Popes of those days. Where blood-thirsty and gullible poor Europeans were led by their knights and Kings to wage war, plunder (and yes, rape) people in the name of Christ. No be me talk am! Na Fact! There is no excuse not to know your own history today. Google it!

What happened to turning the other cheek? Or was the Christianity of those days different from today's own? Let us not start swapping numbers on which religion killed the most historically, cos it is an argument you wont win.

Also Google this phrase: "history of christian violence" - without the quotation marks, and get some facts right.

And before you start quoting the Qur'an out of context, remember it was your bible which quoted Jesus (AS) as saying: "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" (Gospel of Matthew 10:34)" Google it too and see how your Church has struggled with this verse for centuries. Let me not even dwell into the old testament because some of the violence there is real 'hardcore stuff' rated (18+).

Now do all these bloody historical facts actually make Christianity a violent religion? Personally, I believe not... although there have always been LOADS of violent-prone Christians since the days of antiquity. Muslims dont tend to judge a religion by the action of its adherents. I wish I could say the same for Christians....

Meanwhile, the same explanation or logic you may bring to defend the Matthew 10:34 verse is the same type of explanation/logic a Muslim will use to defend similar verses you are likely to bring from the Qur'an.

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by 9jii(m): 5:54pm On Aug 13, 2012
spearman:

What happened to NO COMPULSION IN ISLAM?
Mtschww!OMG!this one will not understand.
Isn't he talking about d conversion into islam?genius!
spearman:

spearman:

Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by Series22(m): 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
adaybayor:

Ask the vaticans why dey don't allow islam, go ask the jews same question...it is natural for u to protect ur territory from invasion so stop being bias
adeybayor, i bin thnk say u sabi book o, they is a mosque in rome and milan. There is also a very big mosque in jerusalem. D legislators in isreal dont sit on fridays(4 muslims), saturdays(4 jews) and sundays (4 ndi christian) nxt time u research b4 u talk. Thnkgod 4 google, its free. Abi u nid cheats?
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by ade101(m): 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
The man is just saying what Allah (s.a.w) said in the holy quran which reads"There is no compulsion in
religion" (Quran 2:256).Stop being an hypocrite just like boko haram.
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by spearman(m): 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
9jii.:

Islam is Hotel California. You can never leave. That is even WORSE than Compulsion. Than Heaven I can never understand
Re: There Is No Compulsion To Islam - Sheik Dr Ahmad Abubakar Gumi by drzed: 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
Series22: adeybayor, i bin thnk say u sabi book o, they is a mosque in rome and milan. There is also a very big mosque in jerusalem. D legislators in isreal dont sit on fridays(4 muslims), saturdays(4 jews) and sundays (4 ndi christian) nxt time u research b4 u talk. Thnkgod 4 google, its free. Abi u nid cheats?

My friend, the Israeli weekend has NOTHING (I repeat: NOTHING) to do with their respect for Muslims or Islam. The Jewish weekend just happens to start on Friday, so that they can have their Sabbath on Saturday. The same way some Muslim countries start their weekend on Thursday, they pray Jum'mah on Fridays and resume work Saturday.

But I agree, there is a Mosque in Rome. But so what? Must every single thing be tit-for-tat in both religions? Our codes, ethics and guiding principles (aka: beliefs) are DIFFERENT. Let us not try to ignore them...but lets just respect them. Abi una go gree make all una church face Makkah or make una dey bow down five times every day, at specific times? No?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Man Who Stole Some Flour And Lessons From The Quran / Soldiers Watch As Eid-Al-Fitr Prayers In Borno Holds. PICS / Q&A: The Ruling On Eating With Spoons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.