Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

The Gift Of A Good Man - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Gift Of A Good Man (15265 Views)

The Gift Of Crabs: A Very Short Story / The Gift Of A Name / The Gift Of The Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gift Of A Good Man by TemiBalrog: 5:42am On Aug 07, 2012
This is an Ode to a good man and the woman perceptive enough to discern him, for though he is about the best thing that might happen to you after salvation, sometimes, he is a subtle miracle…. One that could be missed!

I don’t know where you are in your journey of love, but babe, am dropping by to tell you not to give up on a good man, if you’ve found one. If you are not in a relationship, hang in there, your man is right on the way. If you are in one or even married, and you know God’s given you a truly good man, regardless of the broken places of his life, please choose to love him and stick with him… It would matter more as life comes along!
May your heart be full of light to tell when a gift has landed in your life and never to walk away from a sheer miracle!

My eyes are misty right now *sigh*… A good man is a gift only a good God can bring!

A good man is a shelter from the storm. He will shield you from the hard things of life. He will stand with you when rough times show up, he will work hard to see that he takes the blows and keeps you untouched or relatively so, when the midnight moment knocks on your door. You will need him so bad, you will be glad you said yes to him when these times show up, because they will, sweetheart, they will. He won’t turn to the other side of the bed, when he hears your gentle sob at past one a.m.

A good man is a knight in the night. On the day when the world looks bleak and despair grips your heart, he will be your answer, lift your burden and show you a better day. He might not have all you want, but he would be who you need. He will brighten your face with his smile, lighten your soul’s candle, and bring some sunshine to your darkest moments. He will make you laugh through your tears, because he is your friend!

A good man is the applause at your orchestra. When your dreams begin to take shape, small yet real, he would be beside you, believing in the unseen. He will stay awake with you, in the quiet of the night, planning and praying about that big move. He is the wind under your wings, a pat on your back and a push from behind. He won’t compete with you, or shrink in the face of your success, because you are his baby and he stands tall in his own calling.

A good man is fire in your bed. He will love you and love your body, because there is only you. He won’t ravage your womanhood like a predator, squandering your soul with selfish sex that leaves you worse than the last time. He will gather you gently into his arms and reach for your being, together into realms of intimacy where words lose their voice. He will delight in you and find your rhythm, you’d be happy it’s him you married. Every moment would be memorable….thirty years on!

A good man is a stream in a dry place. He will supply your needs and meet your desires. He will cater for you and do you good. He will lavish you with his substance, for he knows you’ll be his reflection. He will surprise you with the fine things, saving the best spoils for you his woman and draping you in his affluence… you’d be the envy of many! You would be untouched by the economy, for he will gush forth provisions season after season.

A good man is oil on your head. He will be the head of your home, a priest at your altar and prophet over your future. He is God’s son, so he will hear His Father’s voice and lead you along the best pathways for your lives. When he puts his hands over you, strength and grace will rest in your spirit. He will make your dwelling, the home of God’s presence, and he will teach you and his children the precepts of the Ancient. He will be your covering, God’s earthly minister to you!

A good man is a legacy for your offspring. He will give your children good living, show them the best of the world and be their hero through life’s audacious voyage. He will play football with his sons, go to piano classes with his daughters and they’ll never miss vacation! When the curtain closes long after, he will bequeath to them memories of his love, ideas, wealth in many currencies, great values, but most importantly a good name. He will be GOLD in their eyes.

A good man is a tickle for your dimple. He will make your days beautiful! He will make you laugh, sing your favourite songs, forgive your failures and take you just as you are. He will hold you by the waist to dinner and drive you to church on Sunday. He will be your buddy, winking at you in a crowded room. Even when things get real busy, be sure you are in his heart, and when the contract is signed, you’d play hide and seek in the bedroom!

A good man is a gift from God, if He’s brought you some guy who doesn’t seem to have it all together, yet you find he’s got a good heart…one that truly loves God and is willing to learn how to make you happy, might be nice to stick with him. Hugo Boss, Salvatore Ferragamo and Pierre Cardin…Honda Accords, Range Rovers, Prados and LR3s….fitted tee shirts, Bespoke blazers and Timberland boots…Boardroom Meetings, Presentations and Sales Target….at the end of the day, what we really want is a good man!

To every good man, with true goodness in his soul, who loves the Lord and deeply loves his woman like a covenant, my thumbs are up for you! Your babes might not get it right all the time, yet make sure you keep this love groove going… It’s the highest realm of living!
If you are a good man, from whom a woman walked away… May your loss give way to the triumph of a better and sweeter love that lasts a lifetime!

With warm smiles, plantain chips, and crazy deadlines…
Oluwadamilola.. kiss

38 Likes

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by mute4real: 3:03pm On Aug 09, 2012
@op,
Babe, this is one very good write-up. Please how can I find you on facebook.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by TemiBalrog: 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2012
Lol! Don't have a facebook account... Thanx for the comment though! smiley
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by mute4real: 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2012
TemiBalrog: Lol! Don't have a facebook account... Thanx for the comment though! smiley

#Crying# What? You need to sign up on facebook immediately. You are robbing people off great notes like this one. Plz sign up immediately. You can get me on facebook at www.facebook.com/mutehimself pleeeaaassseee.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:11pm On Aug 11, 2012
Mschewwww Good man ko Good man ni. Sore Losers.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by teewai27: 4:12pm On Aug 11, 2012
this is simply beautiful. Im copying it and sending to my hubby cos he's a good man. wink

5 Likes

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by mkmyers45(m): 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2012
Nice...Very good, I write too and i'm encouraged to post

Cheers

1 Like

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by omosexy1: 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2012
Good write-up but I hope it is just a figment of your imagination sha and should not be taken seriously because ladies of these days may paint up fantasies of abnormalities and expect a man to conform to them. My BIG question is - Do Nigerian ladies truly deserve a good man and do Nigerian men truly deserve a good lady? I presume the poster is a lady - so I would ask her if she was a male would she like to date or marry herself? Be honest!!!

My best piece of advise -

- Look inward (male or female), do you consider yourself good enough to be dated or married or you still have some bad habits you need to let go?

- Do not depend on anybody for your happiness, for your happiness is your sole responsibility.

- Do not expect too much from other people. For when you expect too much and they don't deliver, you will only be disappointed.

- Also, be good, do good and hold no grudges for it takes a fool to abandon a good person.

9 Likes

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Bzoe(f): 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2012
Is really a good one, keep it up
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Pnwoye71(m): 4:33pm On Aug 11, 2012
Dear brethren! Be courageous to know of a truth that the gift of a very good man seen by people, is of practical concluded that not the number of years man lives that can be account but achieverment. Man keeps forging ahead. cool
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:36pm On Aug 11, 2012
nice one. OP, u beat off my expectation.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by orlaryhincah(m): 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2012
love this
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by yeye4live(m): 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2012
Na nolywood movie b dis one
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by bukatyne(f): 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2012
omosexy1: Good write-up but I hope it is just a figment of your imagination sha and should not be taken seriously because ladies of these days may paint up fantasies of abnormalities and expect a man to conform to them. My BIG question is - Do Nigerian ladies truly deserve a good man and do Nigerian men truly deserve a good lady? I presume the poster is a lady - so I would ask her if she was a male would she like to date or marry herself? Be honest!!!

My best piece of advise -

- Look inward (male or female), do you consider yourself good enough to be dated or married or you still have some bad habits you need to let go?

- Do not depend on anybody for your happiness, for your happiness is your sole responsibility.

- Do not expect too much from other people. For when you expect too much and they don't deliver, you will only be disappointed.

- Also, be good, do good and hold no grudges for it takes a fool to abandon a good person.
they do exist and i'm blessed to have one by my side. d OP never said a perfect man or one witout flaws so it's not fantasy but reality so men, step up ur game!

3 Likes

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by smiliz(f): 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2012
I have a good man!
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by stint(m): 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2012
A good man will do all this while his wife sits back and do nothing but enjoy it abi? how nicely selfish .
you sound religious did the good lord not say there is no good man except my father which is in heaven?
I get your point but you expect too much from the ' good man' . sounds like a movie .

1 Like

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by upnaijaDRN: 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2012
nice post. Lets discuss this atwww.upnaija.com
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by stint(m): 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2012
bukatyne: they do exist and i'm blessed to have one by my side. d OP never said a perfect man or one witout flaws so it's not fantasy but reality so men, step up ur game!
are you married to him and are you sure he does all this things op pointed . maybe you should read it again.
if u're not married to him , come back when you are to tell us again after some wonderful marriage years .
I think its BS
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Jasiel(f): 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2012
Truly exceptional. Where did u get the inspiration for this?
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Decryptor(m): 5:02pm On Aug 11, 2012
Kai! cry mode activated!
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by intelligen(m): 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2012
I jst love dis
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2012
[quote author=Chrisbenogor]Mschewwww Good man ko Good man ni. Sore Losers.

Na by force to comment? Why not shut your dirty trap if you dont have anything to say? arse-h**e

1 Like

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by 4reigningqueen: 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2012
@op, How dare you come here and write about me!!!
Well, about an "ODE" about A Good Woman.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2012
@stint. You can't do more than U̶̲̥̅̊я brain... We understand. The write is beyond U̶̲̥̅̊я comprehension... Again we understand.
Y u hv 2 advertise U̶̲̥̅̊я ineptitude beggars belief... Dt we don't understand...
Maybe whn u grow up ... We'll understand
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by buchi4action(m): 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2012
I wonder why our ladies de claim say they get good man by their side....tomorrow them go come here sheding corocodie tears.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by omosexy1: 5:16pm On Aug 11, 2012
bukatyne: they do exist and i'm blessed to have one by my side. d OP never said a perfect man or one witout flaws so it's not fantasy but reality so men, step up ur game!

Aint we all happy for you. I am sure you didn't finish or understand the write up. Madam we all now know your husband is a good man with little flaws (abi?). Are you a good wife to him and will you still remain a good wife to him? Be honest with yourself!!!
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by omosexy1: 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2012
stint:
are you married to him and are you sure he does all this things op pointed . maybe you should read it again.
if u're not married to him , come back when you are to tell us again after some wonderful marriage years .
I think its BS

I guess she is just newly married or at the early stage of marriage. You know sey new car dey shack.

1 Like

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2012
My advice is this.Strive to make yourself a good man or woman.It takes determination,sacrifice,tolerance,perseverance,love,ability to say sorry,respect,swallowing your pride and maturity to be a good man/woman. But,please dont expect a perfect man/woman. Instead take a delibrate step to be that man that wil love and cherish ur lady no matter her weakness,to be her light in d dark,her cloth in the cold,her shoulder when she cries. Make a delibrate effort to show her that u are the best man in the world she could ever hope for. That wil bring great joy,happiness,satisfaction and peace in the home. Above all be faithful and committed to each other and God. Peace out

1 Like

Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 11, 2012
Gift of a Good man ==> Great s[i]e[/i]x.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 11, 2012
a clap offering to the poster,what an ode.it has indeed changed alot of things in Nigeria
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:39pm On Aug 11, 2012
hmmm. Very interesting.
Re: The Gift Of A Good Man by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 11, 2012
This one don read Shakespeare sotay na to craze na im remain. Ode to good man kor, oloshi to bad man ni.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! / 5 Reasons Love Scenes Are Important In Storytelling / How To Pass A Failed Test- A Short Comedy Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.