Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal (9294 Views)

Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal / Santi Cazorla And Eden Hazard Who Is A Better Player / Arsenal FC Signed Santi Cazorla, Winger,from Malaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by scopusng(m): 10:21am On Aug 07, 2012
Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Spain international Santi Cazorla has joined the Club on a long-term contract.

Santi Cazorla - full name Santiago Cazorla González - joins Arsenal for an undisclosed fee from Malaga. He was a key part of the Malaga side which finished fourth in La Liga last season, qualifying for the UEFA Champions League for the first time in the club's history.

Cazorla, a versatile 27-year-old attacking midfielder, has made a total of 45 appearances for Spain and was a member of his country's victorious squads at the European Championship in 2008 and 2012.

Before joining Malaga in 2011, Cazorla spent two spells at Villarreal, making 181 appearances and helping 'the Yellow Submarine' finish runners-up in La Liga in 2008. In between these spells, he spent
the 2006/07 season in La Liga on loan at Recreativo. Cazorla spent the early part of his career at youth level with Spanish side Oviedo.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: "Santi Cazorla is a great signing for us. He is a player with good experience at both club and international level, who will add significant quality to our squad.

"He is a versatile, attacking midfield player who can play comfortably on either side of the pitch or centrally. He has good pace, is technically gifted and will be a huge asset to Arsenal Football Club.
We are delighted that he is joining us."

Cazorla, who was voted Spanish Player of the Year in 2007, said: "I'm so happy to be joining Arsenal. This is a club with great players, a fantastic stadium and huge support.

"The Club has one of the best managers in football and their style of play is recognised and admired all over the world.

"I'm so excited to be joining one of the greatest teams in Europe and also in the Premier League. I will do my best to help Arsenal challenge for trophies and make all the supporters happy."

Everyone welcomes Santi to the Club, his squad number will be confirmed in due course.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-sign-spain-midfielder-santi-cazorla

1 Like

Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by blankees(m): 10:29am On Aug 07, 2012
Great purchase by Arsenal FC. All the best in ur new home Santiago Gonzalez.

1 Like

Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by greall1: 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2012
He sign mature player.Good Signing

1 Like

Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by megxo(m): 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2012
hmmmm, gud buy 4 arsenal..........i fear dis dude's FREEKICK.........his gudt all round though
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by ecode1(m): 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
I wish you all the best. Hopefully you will help us end this 7 years of trophy drought.
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by goody36: 12:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
Good signing.Hoping Nuri Sahin joins and RVP stays.Keep the faith,2013 is the year.
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by miteolu(m): 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2012
I predict Arsenal will finish 9th this 2012/2013 season.
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by kunletade(m): 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2012
We hope you guys will be a contender and not pretender this season! Galaticos 4 life
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by kutchs: 12:20pm On Aug 07, 2012
AW has really upped the (S)anti this time round, hope his arrival brings good tidings for us, have waited for so long. Welcome Santi.
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by Adufaye(m): 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
miteolu: I predict Arsenal will finish 9th this 2012/2013 season.
i laff u,arsenal cn neva n wil neva finish below 1st-4.....put dat in ur mind....kip hatin us,as u beef us u beef our glory n also make up famous

1 Like

Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by bukahands(m): 12:22pm On Aug 07, 2012

Can u bet on it
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by miteolu(m): 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2012
bukahands:

Can u bet on it
Yes
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by megxo(m): 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2012
kunle.t.ade:
We hope you guys will be a contender and not pretender this season! Galaticos 4 life
hope so too.....
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 07, 2012
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2012
Till we win a trophy...
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by ebamma(m): 12:52pm On Aug 07, 2012
welcome on board cazorla,gunner till i die
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by tboy1(m): 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2012
ooseven:

Abeg remain quiet and hide in shame...which glory...people are buying championship winning players [/b]una dey prance around transfer market. Van Persie is going and all you can talk about is Carzola...while already good teams are buying more and more top class players. Can this present Arsenal setup compete with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man-City, Man Utd or Bayern Munich?? Carzola will no doubt be famous at Arsenal, then what happens next...[b]his net worth goes up and off he goes to a more serious football club. 2006 - Date: TROPHYLESS.
He is 28 years old and probably signed a 4 year deal. I doubt he is going anywhere

BTW: How many Malaga games have you watched except when they play barca or R.Madrid? Also did you watch Euro 2012?
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by emmke(m): 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2012
ooseven:

Abeg remain quiet and hide in shame...which glory...people are buying championship winning players una dey prance around transfer market. Van Persie is going and all you can talk about is Carzola...while already good teams are buying more and more top class players. Can this present Arsenal setup compete with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man-City, Man Utd or Bayern Munich?? Carzola will no doubt be famous at Arsenal, then what happens next...his net worth goes up and off he goes to a more serious football club. 2006 - Date: TROPHYLESS.
oh shut up you glory hunter. All these teams U mentioned can't boast of balancing the book. They are all hugely indebted, except Bayern, with NO sustainable model.
@topic, Wenger has shown great intent this summer. Arsenal is probably the busiest English team this summer. Poldi, Giroud and now Cazorla. Sahin will most likely join. Expect this show of ambition to convince VP into staying.
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by tboy1(m): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2012
All we need now is a RB to cover sagna when injured and a decent CB who can play on either wing as a full back
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by 1025: 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2012
first hand information reaching me this morning is that man city has sent their scout to emirates to monitor carzola's training habits and all that. it is believed that man city will be taking carzo by january. in his departure massage, carzo made it known that as at the time he signed with arsenal, he was only looking for a way out of malaga which arsenal provided him. he thanked wenger and the club for helping him get to his final destination - MAN CITY.
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by emmke(m): 1:11pm On Aug 07, 2012
tboy1:
He is 28 years old and probably signed a 4 year deal. I doubt he is going anywhere

BTW: How many Malaga games have you watched except when they play barca or R.Madrid? Also did you watch Euro 2012?

Cazorla is actually 27 so is Poldoski. All at their prime.
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by tboy1(m): 1:14pm On Aug 07, 2012
emmke: Cazorla is actually 27 so is Poldoski. All at their prime.
28 in 4 months wink
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by walexy14(m): 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
With dis new signin ☺f̶̲̥̅̊ Santi and if Sahin comes I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ and RVP stay,I believe we hav com  D̶̲̥̅̊ end ☺f̶̲̥̅̊ goin trophy less
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by emmke(m): 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2012
Sczesny
Sagna koscielny vermaelen Gibbs
Song Arteta
Walcott Cazorla podolski
Van Persie
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2012
I'm quite unhappy that this guy have left laliga. With him around, we could guarantee that some club could succeed in their bid to compete with Barca and Moudrid. Now his gone, it'll be 'to your tents oh! Isreal'. Pity!!
It was a shame Malaga could not keep him. Their punching above their weight have finally caught up with them. We thought they had money! Maybe some fake Qatari investor,invested or Spain poor economic situation was finally taking it tolls! Again, it is a shame!
I wish Arsenal and him to live happily ever after!
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by JojoArmani(m): 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2012
Gud signing by gunners. Maybe anoda reason for me to be watching arsenal's matches. i like dat guy though am an arsenal fan.
forza Juve, The Bianconeri (Old Ladies)
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by nomshu(m): 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2012
All the bad belle GS on dis forum will carry 10bags of shame this season. Arsenal have accumulated alot of anoiyance and will definately unleash it this time around. man u, chelsea, man city, liverpool and others watch out and be ware of Gunners!!!!.
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2012
I can confidently say arsenal has signed a world class player that can turn things around.Santi Carzola is a talented player with excellent dribbling and passing skills,so no doubt you will see improvement in their game,but the big question is will santi carzola and other few experience players be able to bring them any trophy this season? NO simply because there will be no substitutes at the middle of the season when fatigue and too many competition to play will set in.so wenger should still be in the market for more players.
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 07, 2012

I think say bad belle ppl like u don finish for NL undecided.... u must be a chelsea or Man city fan angry
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2012
1025: first hand information reaching me this morning is that man city has sent their scout to emirates to monitor carzola's training habits and all that. it is believed that man city will be taking carzo by january. in his departure massage, carzo made it known that as at the time he signed with arsenal, he was only looking for a way out of malaga which arsenal provided him. he thanked wenger and the club for helping him get to his final destination - MAN CITY.

Na before we go dey price player while Man u and chelsea will from back and buy the player, now its a done deal b4 u know it, hahahahah tongue
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by chelseabmw(m): 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
Am happy for arsenal..................Congrats
Re: Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal by maybel(m): 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
I wish nairaland has dislike button. U just called my attention to that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs West Ham (5 - 1) On 23rd January 2012 / Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 0) On 16th Of December 2017 / 10 Players Who Look Older Than Their Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.