Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered (24511 Views)

Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. / I Think I Am Pregnant / My Baby Boy Is Six Months Old And I Am Pregnant Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 07, 2012
Dear All,

I am a regular visitor to Nairaland, but I have not been able to post / comment for a long time because I could not remember my password.

I want to vent my depression as I have no one to talk to, would try to make this as short as possible. To start with, my temperament is melancholy. Melancholies struggle with periods of depression & bitter sweet moments. Words count with us and we hurt easily.

I am 9 months pregnant, and combining this current status with my temperament has not been easy. Pregnancy on its own is not an easy journey and it is sad when your hubby does not understand this. I have a fantastic hubby, but these past 9 months have been challenging & more depressing for me because he expects me to be a super woman. I think this is very selfish, mean and cruel.

I am a full time working lady & very hard working, am not boasting about it. All through my pregnancy, I ensured that I did not allow the sickness associated with pregnancy to slow me down. I always cooked & went to the market myself. My hubby goes to work with lunch and eats every night. The very few times when am unable to make his dinner, due to extreme fatigue, my dear hubby wears a long face & prepares only his own food, without asking me if I have eaten. I find that very selfish, but I have bottled it up. Imagine, me curled up in bed, too tired & hungry, and my dear hubby goes into the kitchen, prepares something, and eats alone, without looking at me twice. He makes very annoying statements, like “am pretending or am I the first pregnant woman!”

All through this pregnancy, I have suffered extreme pelvic pain, waist pain & swellings. My feet size went from size 39 – 42. I feel pains standing for more than 10 mins, but I bear it all & pretend, least my hubby makes more annoying statement. I can cope with the physical pains, but I cannot combine this with verbal abuse & emotional pain. I get really uncomfortable most times, and simply requests like pls turn off the AC, give me your pillow, pls open the windows are met with negative responses most times or done grudgingly. Even a simple massage request is always done in such haste.

This is my first pregnancy, and right now, I am extremely emotional. My mother is late and I miss her terribly. My family have only supported through phone calls. I feel sad, that my hubby has never volunteered to assist with the groceries or making breakfast / lunch / dinner/ laundry. Etc. I have asked for assistance a couple of times and I get a NO.

Am due in about 2 weeks and I am so anxious & scared. My pelvic pains are so extreme that they keep me awake most nights, most times I cry at night. I can’t turn and walk with so much difficulty. Last Sunday, I had to scream at him, that I want to be pampered. He was saying a lot of hurtful things and I had to plead that he should keep quiet least he says more hurtful things. He says am disrespectful & my attitude is bad. Please, how do I maintain a respectful attitude when I am in so much pain / discomfort and he has not shown any care during the time I need him the most. I try to respect him a lot but I think he has an esteem issue, because every of my actions are counted as disrespect! I walk on egg shell all day.

Am anxious & nervous at the thought of being a mother, the labor pains, sleepless nights after the baby is born are all making me depressed. Even the thought of having my mother in law stay with us is getting me scared. (She is a very nice woman, but the thot still scares me). Right now, I want to curl up in bed, have someone massage my body, feed me breakfast in bed, pray with me, make my nails, stroke my hair and tell me all will be well. But no one to do that. I am tempted to spend the weekend with my father, but he would smell something is wrong, and he lives far away from me.

I have decided that since no one wants to pamper me, I would pamper myself. I would cook when I have the energy, (no point stressing myself for a man that does not appreciate), I would sit by the beach, read a book & let the wind sooth my troubled heart, I would go the cinemas, walk around the malls, eat out & buy lovely things for myself……..

11 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by ifyalways(f): 11:40am On Aug 07, 2012
I was very mad reading your post.I don't even have the right words to say than;Stick to the plans you have in your last paragraph.Decide to be happy with or without your hubby,for the sake of your child atleast.
Start from your house,soak yourself in the tub with your favorite music or book.Sing as you go about and whine your waist if you feel like and can.Are you in Lagos?you can equally enjoy yourself @ the lekki conservation center.
Btw,how's the se.x life?no more kpekusing undecided
na wao. Hope you do attend ante natals,have your Gyns number on redial?You should also try have a trusted friend or family member handy and close as it's your first pregnancy,not necessarily to live with you or share your marital problems with but someone to call on in case of emergency.
I would have said,tell your family or someone about your hubbys behavior but cos of your condition doing that would do more harm than good.it would lead to lenghty meetings which might turn sour with bad words exchanged etal and you don't need all that drama now.
God is your strenght sis. kiss

13 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 07, 2012
WTH? do we still have men like this OP's husband on this planet earth? angry

Tis is effing annoying, what nonsense. How selfish can a man be? Don't you have shine shine bobo bottle to break his head with when he starts his rubbish?

Haba what is this? a man that cannot cook for his pregnant wife. What a jerk angry

I am honestly depressed on your behalf angry

3 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by nat138: 12:20pm On Aug 07, 2012
@ OP where are you based. Also please have the phone number of a trusted friend handy, someone you are sure can go all out for you even if they are called at midnight to rush you to the hospital because for all we know this your husband may just ignore you the day you go into labour.
Take care of your self and don't stress, go easy okay.

Cheers
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
Op sorry oh! Its high time you remind your husband that you didn't impregnate yourself, the only way the man can show support during this difficult time is to spoil you.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2012

4 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2012
I have to rush off now - but poster I feel for u, my ex treated me worse than this and I have pre and post natal depression - even now I cry when i shows on TV about pregnancy remembering the hell I went thru. That pelvic pain is not a joke - o how i wish i could knock sense into that ur husband. will reply properly when i get back

my dear be strong and remember that baby u will soon hold will wipe away all those tears trust me - there is nothing like that bond between mother and child.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by mission08: 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
This is what happens when a man feels it is not right for him to cook once he is married. Some men feel the woman should be strong at all times to attend to their needs no matter your circumstances, whether pregnant, sick or whatever. The situation is further compounded when a man with such a mind set also has self esteem issues, he would feel belittled and insecure when forced to operate outside his box.

Do take care and don't stress yourself. Give yourself a treat as you have decided. Although it could be so lonely when your spouse is not emotionally connected with you. But all the same, God is your strength.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by maclatunji: 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
OP, this is one of the most heartbreaking stories I have read here... maybe because you are a good writer. You really have to focus on being strong for a safe delivery. I suspect you are outside Nigeria but wherever you are seek support from friendly people. Women of Nairaland, support a sister O. You can lift someone via this medium just as you can pull someone down. This lady definitely needs all the "lifting-up" she can get.

I don't know what I can say about your husband O. He needs some serious talking to, like crazy!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by maclatunji: 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2012
mission08:
This is what happens when a man feels it is not right for him to cook once he is married. Some men feel the woman should be strong at all times to attend to their needs no matter your circumstances, whether pregnant, sick or whatever. The situation is further compounded when a man with such a mind set also has self esteem issues, he would feel belittled and insecure when forced to operate outside his box.

Do take care and don't stress yourself. Give yourself a treat as you have decided. Although it could be so lonely when your spouse is not emotionally connected with you. But all the same, God is your strength.

Kai! The world is a mystery. However, I can understand why things like this happen- it is a big shame though.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by EfemenaXY: 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
Fantababy sad sad

Having read your post, I do feel really bad for you. Understandably, you would be nervous and scared as this is your first baby - and your hubby isn't being helpful. There's a lot that can be said about his negative attitude and the effect it's having on you, but let's not go there. Let's try to be positive for your sake, and that of your unborn baby.

Firstly, I want you to sit up and tell your self: "I am a strong girl, and I can do this with or without him". Why do I say this? I say it because I want you to depend on no one but yourself for now. Pull up that inner strength from within and use it to get by. Sure, it takes two to make a baby but if he isn't concerned about your welfare from what you've written, go it alone. Don't expect anything from him, so that IF he eventually comes round (i.e gets hold of his senses), then any help from him would be an added bonus to you.

Secondly, make sure you've packed your hospital bags and that of your baby's ready. Ensure you have enough money on your person for a cab to and fro (I'm assuming you're in Naija?), top up your phones, make sure you've got enough phone / recharge cards. Asides your hubby, do you have a birthing partner? Someone who'll be with you during labour? Your sister, a close friend / relative? Again, if your hubby decides to show up and support you on that day, then even better. But make sure you have your PLAN B in place. Here's a more detailed list:

What you need for your hospital pregnancy bag:
Your Medicare card and/or private health insurance details;
Maternity bras
Nighties
Casual day clothes
Slippers/shoes
Breast pads
Maternity pads
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Makeup
Hairbrush
Deodorant
Shampoo
Conditioner
Lip balm
Lots and lots of undies
Any medications you have been taking (please bring the medication to the hospital to show your admitting doctor and arrange for this medication to be returned home)
Any previous pathology reports
X-rays or ultrasounds, your antenatal card
Storage containers for glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, or dentures
A phonecard or change, for public telephones
Magazines
Ipod and charger
Mobile phone and charger

What your baby needs:

Baby clothes and a blanket to take your baby home in
Newborn nappies, if you prefer to use disposable nappies
Snappy Nappy fastener if you are using the hospital's cloth nappies
Ensure a car restraint is organised for taking your baby home
Formula, bottles, teats and sterilising equipment, if you plan to formula-feed
Olive, apricot, almond oil for coating baby's bottom before the first nappy goes to make cleaning easier

What dad/support partner needs:
Swimmers - for assisting you in the water/shower
Change of clothes - they may be there for a long time
Toothpaste/toothbrush
Copy of your birth plan
Mobile phone and charger
List of phone numbers to send an sms
Change for vending machine, phones and parking
Camera, charger and spare film
Video camera and charger
Books, newspapers etc for reading during a long labour
Healthy snacks for both of you
IPod and charger

5 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by EfemenaXY: 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2012
Thirdly, you mentioned your dad lives some distance away from you? So I'm assuming you do have some relatives in that town too? If so, try and ask 1 or 2 females to assist you with going to the market. Purchase your food items in bulk. Things like rice, beans, dried pepper, Palm / Vegetable cooking oil, spices, etc. If you've got constant source of electricity, even better. Buy perishables like meat, fish, chicken, etc and store away in your deep freezer.

Also ask the girl(s) to help you cook in bulk, so you can store away, especially pepper soup. These should last you a couple of weeks after you get home. Trust me, you won't find the time and energy to cook then, the way you can now, especially with the baby in tow.

As for the pelvic pains, speak to your doctor, though I doubt there's much they can do about it. What's happening here is the baby pressing down on your muscles, and your pelvis is also expanding in preparation for the birth. I know it feels like hell 'cos I went through the same thing too. Just hang on in there and it'll soon be over.

And finally, PLEASE, PLEASE AND PLEASE, resist the temptation to get into an argument with your hubby. The last thing you need is developing High BP in pregnancy. If his words or actions offend you, simply say "okay", then get up and leave the room. If na long face im wan carry, let him carry it. You don't need to see that. Learn to pick your battles and live to fight another day. There would be time to address the issues you raised, but NOT NOW. Get some CDs or download your favourite tunes. Listen to music when you feel stressed - it'll help you relax. Get yourself your favourite magazines / books. Go to the saloon. Fix your hair, your nails, pamper yourself, do the things you love doing.

See my signature? What does it say? What doesn't break you only serves to make you stronger. Now go and be happy with yourself.

All the best and safe delivery kiss

5 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by 9lifes(m): 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
This post don spoil my day.Chai,i am seriously beginning to fear for my sisters.Most naija men dey fall my hand.

Lord i don't want a female child..and i will kill any of my son wey fall my hand by failing to take care of their wives.

This is wickedness..are u sure u did not do him anything,did anything happened in the past?I dey vex here now...

Chai,sister pls be strong for ur baby,we feel ur pains.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by armyofone(m): 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2012
OP,
the cooking for his belly alone part, ignore him for now and order dinner for you whenever you see him acting selfish. make sure you order that nice aromish meal for "1"
once they deliver your food, put on some nice movies and eat.

after delivery, girl you must change the rules of the Manor (your home).
Cheer up.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by nikkygal(f): 3:05pm On Aug 07, 2012
fantababy: Dear All,

I am a regular visitor to Nairaland, but I have not been able to post / comment for a long time because I could not remember my password.

I want to vent my depression as I have no one to talk to, would try to make this as short as possible. To start with, my temperament is melancholy. Melancholies struggle with periods of depression & bitter sweet moments. Words count with us and we hurt easily.

I am 9 months pregnant, and combining this current status with my temperament has not been easy. Pregnancy on its own is not an easy journey and it is sad when your hubby does not understand this. I have a fantastic hubby, but these past 9 months have been challenging & more depressing for me because he expects me to be a super woman. I think this is very selfish, mean and cruel.

I am a full time working lady & very hard working, am not boasting about it. All through my pregnancy, I ensured that I did not allow the sickness associated with pregnancy to slow me down. I always cooked & went to the market myself. My hubby goes to work with lunch and eats every night. The very few times when am unable to make his dinner, due to extreme fatigue, my dear hubby wears a long face & prepares only his own food, without asking me if I have eaten. I find that very selfish, but I have bottled it up. Imagine, me curled up in bed, too tired & hungry, and my dear hubby goes into the kitchen, prepares something, and eats alone, without looking at me twice. He makes very annoying statements, like “am pretending or am I the first pregnant woman!”

All through this pregnancy, I have suffered extreme pelvic pain, waist pain & swellings. My feet size went from size 39 – 42. I feel pains standing for more than 10 mins, but I bear it all & pretend, least my hubby makes more annoying statement. I can cope with the physical pains, but I cannot combine this with verbal abuse & emotional pain. I get really uncomfortable most times, and simply requests like pls turn off the AC, give me your pillow, pls open the windows are met with negative responses most times or done grudgingly. Even a simple massage request is always done in such haste.

This is my first pregnancy, and right now, I am extremely emotional. My mother is late and I miss her terribly. My family have only supported through phone calls. I feel sad, that my hubby has never volunteered to assist with the groceries or making breakfast / lunch / dinner/ laundry. Etc. I have asked for assistance a couple of times and I get a NO.

Am due in about 2 weeks and I am so anxious & scared. My pelvic pains are so extreme that they keep me awake most nights, most times I cry at night. I can’t turn and walk with so much difficulty. Last Sunday, I had to scream at him, that I want to be pampered. He was saying a lot of hurtful things and I had to plead that he should keep quiet least he says more hurtful things. He says am disrespectful & my attitude is bad. Please, how do I maintain a respectful attitude when I am in so much pain / discomfort and he has not shown any care during the time I need him the most. I try to respect him a lot but I think he has an esteem issue, because every of my actions are counted as disrespect! I walk on egg shell all day.

Am anxious & nervous at the thought of being a mother, the labor pains, sleepless nights after the baby is born are all making me depressed. Even the thought of having my mother in law stay with us is getting me scared. (She is a very nice woman, but the thot still scares me). Right now, I want to curl up in bed, have someone massage my body, feed me breakfast in bed, pray with me, make my nails, stroke my hair and tell me all will be well. But no one to do that. I am tempted to spend the weekend with my father, but he would smell something is wrong, and he lives far away from me.

I have decided that since no one wants to pamper me, I would pamper myself. I would cook when I have the energy, (no point stressing myself for a man that does not appreciate), I would sit by the beach, read a book & let the wind sooth my troubled heart, I would go the cinemas, walk around the malls, eat out & buy lovely things for myself……..
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Tgirl4real(f): 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
jennykadry: WTH? do we still have men like this OP's husband on this planet earth? angry

Tis is effing annoying, what nonsense. How selfish can a man be? Don't you have shine shine bobo bottle to break his head with when he starts his rubbish?

Haba what is this? a man that cannot cook for his pregnant wife. What a jerk angry

I am honestly depressed on your behalf angry

I'm surprised you could ask this question Jenny. Plenty men out there are like that. Cook kini?

@ Op,

I totally feel you. I thought I was the only one that felt this way when I was pregnant. I wasn't totally lonely cos I had people around me to pamper me.

Please, take it easy cos there are more sleepless nights to come. Also try and calm your mind, there is no need being scared. All you need is determination and self assurance to scale through this stage and before you know it...you have good news. cheesy

Keep yourself busy, but don't over work yourself. You can rearrange the nursery or even your bedroom. I'm sure there are last minute touches to make it baby friendly. You will be happy doing it.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by 2mch(m): 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2012
Efemena_xy: Thirdly, you mentioned your dad live some distance away from you? So I'm assuming you do have some relatives in that town too? If so, try and ask 1 or 2 females to assist you with going to the market. Purchase your food items in bulk. Things like rice, beans, dried pepper, Palm / Vegetable cooking oil, spices, etc. If you've got constant source of electricity, even better. Buy perishables like meat, fish, chicken, etc and store away in your deep freezer.

Also ask the girl(s) to help you cook in bulk, so you can store away, especially pepper soup. These should last you a couple of weeks after you get home. Trust me, you won't find the time and energy to cook then, the way you can now, especially with the baby in tow.

As for the pelvic pains, speak to your doctor, though I doubt there's much they can do about it. What's happening here is the baby pressing down on your muscles, and your pelvis is also expanding in preparation for the birth. I know it feels like hell 'cos I went through the same thing too. Just hang on in there and it'll soon be over.

And finally, PLEASE, PLEASE AND PLEASE, resist the temptation to get into an argument with your hubby. The last thing you need is developing High BP in pregnancy. If his words or actions offend you, simply say "okay", then get up and leave the room. If na long face im wan carry, let him carry it. You don't need to see that. Learn to pick your battles and live to fight another day. There would be time to address the issues you raised, but NOT NOW. Get some CDs or download your favourite tunes. Listen to music when you feel stressed - it'll help you relax. Get yourself your favourite magazines / books. Go to the saloon. Fix your hair, your nails, pamper yourself, do the things you love doing.

See my signature? What does it say? What doesn't break you only serves to make you stronger. Now go and be happy with yourself.

All the best and safe delivery kiss

fantababy:

I agree with both of these. Forget all the suggestions about revenge and fighting. Also check yourself, have you been behaving differently. You said you are melancholic naturally,which i assume will become a lot worse in pregnancy. No one wants to be around a moody person all the time. i think if you take the time and patience to explain things to him, there will be changes. Also explain the hormonal changes and your personality issue. Quite frankly, i personally cant stand moody people. . You can also choose to be different and be a happy person. You dont always have to be depressed. You can choose to fight it or get some help. Depressed people can make others depressed or very unhappy. Especially when you are lost in your own bubble.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Tgirl4real(f): 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
2mch:

I agree with both of these. Forget all the suggestions about revenge and fighting. Also check yourself, have you been behaving differently. You said you are melancholic naturally,which i assume will become a lot worse in pregnancy. No one wants to be around a moody person all the time. i think if you take the time and patience to explain things to him, there will be changes. Also explain the hormonal changes and your personality issue. Quite frankly, i personally cant stand moody people. . You can also choose to be different and be a happy person. You dont always have to be depressed. You can choose to fight it or get some help. Depressed people can make others depressed or very unhappy. Especially when you are lost in your own bubble.

I like this.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by SisiKill1: 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
2mch:

Is he daft

Or what cave did he crawl out from?? I mean how unaware can someone?

So the love starved, food starved, emotionally and physically sick heavily pregnant woman still has to be the one making all the allowances just because one retarded eediot can't educate himself.

Any sensible man, who really cares would want to know everything going on with his wife and THEIR baby. I can remember almost passing out from laughter the day I saw my brother reading WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARE EXPECTING when his wife was pregnant. He would tell you what stage his wife was from her symptoms. . .she almost went crazy because he will go "Are you sure you are not feeling this because the book says this or the book says that..."

What will it take this useless guy to google? Nothing that's what yet you are telling his wife to be patient with him and explain stuff to him. Sometimes I wonder if some men like women. I mean you are not even talking about her depression, it is all about how it affects YOU!

Y'all are SCARY!!!! undecided

12 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by maclatunji: 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Is he daft

So the love starved, food starved, emotionally and physically sick heavily pregnant woman still has to be the one making all the allowances just because one retarded eediot can't educate himself.

Any sensible man, who really cares would want to know everything going on with his wife and THEIR baby. I can remember almost passing out from laughter the day I saw my brother reading WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARE EXPECTING when his wife was pregnant. He would tell you what stage his wife was from her symptoms. . .she almost went crazy because he will go "Are you sure you are not feeling this because the book says this or the book says that..."

What will it take this useless guy to google? Nothing that's what yet you are telling his wife to be patient with him and explain stuff to him. Sometimes I wonder if some men like women. I mean you are not even talking about her depression, it is all about how it affects YOU!

Pele grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Is he daft

He is a kid that needs instructions on how to care for his pregnant wife or put his wife and baby first. This is why these men act like jerks cos its okay for them to, just explain to them and things will go back to normal.

Our husbands that took very care of us during preggers are pediatricians, we told them what to do and with their experience in children health, they were able figure thins out. undecided

I ask again, is her husband a kid that needs to be told what to do? Isn't this her first time also?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
It is not okay for a man to treat a neighbour like this let alone his wife. He is a very selfish man. A lot of men out there love and care for their pregnant wives. I remember c/o back pain at night and this man would get soft pillows and place behind my back, when my feet were swollen he would use a pillow to elevate them or assist me on a recliner chair. During the morning sickness period, he would clean up the sink before goin to work. I remember one day after a bad night, he ran a bath for me and "threw" me inside or an hour. The times he refused to go to work cos I was suffering from indigestion. The way he buckled my sandals or tied my shoe laces. The maternity dress and jean shopping ad the times he rung my mum up behind my back to ask for advise on how to handle mood swings which i never knew about until months later. I could go on and on and on.

He had no experience whatsoever but he tried to do things for us. There is no excuse for this man at all. He is just a selfish self centered son of a gun. Sorry OP, I am just too pissed.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by SisiKill1: 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2012
jennykadry:

He is a kid that needs instructions on how to care for his pregnant wife or put his wife and baby first. This is why these men act like jerks cos its okay for them to, just explain to them and things will go back to normal.

Our husbands that took very care of us during preggers are pediatricians, we told them what to do and with their experience in children health, they were able figure thins out. undecided

I ask again, is her husband a kid that needs to be told what to do? Isn't this her first time also?
I mean really, Jenny!!

I am reading and I kept scrolling back up to make sure I read HUSBAND not CHILD.

They want to be "The Man" in the middle of acting like children. I swear I think some men are naturally Bipolar.

That part that even pisses me off more than anything is the cooking his own food. This is NOT ignorance. I'm sorry to say this especially since OP is reading but her husband is WICKED!!!!!!

If they say a dog is better and smarter than him now, he will take offense but it is not an insult because dogs don't need to be told to care for their mate.

maclatunji:

Pele grin

angry angry angry angry angry and for extra measure angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by ronkebp(f): 4:11pm On Aug 07, 2012
@ Poster, after reading your post (infact, during the reading process) i was so angry, like really mad, that you married someone who is carefree and does not appreciate anything. pele!!! sorry!!!

Now, to the koko, you are an emotional person on a normal day, then add pregnancy ontop with all the hormones, it would sky-rocket, and it would seem as if the man is not doing enough. you want him to cringe and shiver at every, pain and mood, but he also has his moments, maybe at that particular time he was not also in the mood.

- i hate the fact that he does not ask you how you feel and even cooked for himself alone,( that food will come out of his nose, he will definitely not eat that food, if it were me ooo), infact i would have pulled myself out of bed if i hear the clanging of pots, plates and spoons.

- You know who you married, before you became pregnant, you know how he treated you, this pregnancy will come and go with you holding your baby and will probably forget all you went through. So please, you do not want to develop pre-clampsia because of unnecessary stress, buy enough noodles and easy to make foods in the house. look for someone to do groceries for you, because right now, you do not want anybody that will attack you with his frustrations, you have a whole "human being" in you and do not want to stress that poor baby.

- Do not be afraid of anything, your child-birth will be smooth, if i can do it, anyone can do it wink, i never thought i could have a child, because i fear easily, but omo!!! that bay came out with a bang!!! and that was it, Ronke's own flesh and blood. it is worth looking forward too. Start packing you bags and getting ready for the hospital, get alternative help(someone who will drive you to the hospital), incase your hubby is at work when you are in labour.

THEN AFTER THE BABY COMES AND YOU HAVE FULLY RECOVERED, THEN TREAT HIS "Bleep-UP".

3 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by safeact(m): 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2012
Crucify him! crucify him!! crucify him!!! I want to authoritatively tell us that d op is an emotional type and she could get easily irritated when she is in d emotional state. I blv d hubby understands her wify more than everyone of us, therefore, i will profer that she calms down and (stop assuming that d hubby will always read her mind and react perfectly to her)pet him as she makes him understand everthing. I assure her that she will get all d pets she needs in return!
The man might hav been pissed off in one way or d other and d woman is still measuring shoulders with him. Men always want to b on top.so let him feel that he is still on top and u will see d difference.
Am not makin excuses for d man infact, i feel like slappin d hell out of d man but we should know d best genuine help that she could get is from d hubby,afterall, if he didnt love d woman, he wouldnt have married her! Best of luck ma dear fantababy!
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by armyofone(m): 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2012
this is not about crucifying him. you should help a pregnant woman no matter what.
don't draw away from the real problem and make the woman's personal issue the koko.
the thing is why he is not helping his pregnant wife.
even if she is always moody or cranky, i'm sure she will appreciate the husband making dinner for 2.
if he is that frightful of his moody wife, put the food in the fridge or dinning table and email, page or phone her that the food is ready.

husband is not doing the right thing. she needs to rewrite the cooking rules.

safeact: Crucify him! crucify him!! crucify him!!! I want to authoritatively tell us that d op is an emotional type and she could get easily irritated when she is in d emotional state. I blv d hubby understands her wify more than everyone of us, therefore, i will profer that she calms down and (stop assuming that d hubby will always read her mind and react perfectly to her)pet him as she makes him understand everthing. I assure her that she will get all d pets she needs in return!
The man might hav been pissed off in one way or d other and d woman is still measuring shoulders with him. Men always want to b on top.so let him feel that he is still on top and u will see d difference.
Am not makin excuses for d man infact, i feel like slappin d hell out of d man but we should know d best genuine help that she could get is from d hubby,afterall, if he didnt love d woman, he wouldnt have married her! Best of luck ma dear fantababy!

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Afamdman(m): 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
My dear fantababy it is well with you, God is your strenght. That your husband, hmmm I wish could sit him down and speak sense to him, his eyes will be clear, he doesn't know yet what your going through. I just wonder if he now had my experience I and my wife went through he will arrange " wifey had early pre-eclampsia from 19weeks we fought it till 30weeks, poor girl was in the hospital through out, in the end came out with nothing" your husband needs to follow you to the labour room and me made to hear you give birth that will change things for him. Am so pissed at him right now. Him take say na just to dey answer daddy to be without putting in work. I wish he could come here and read people's comment. You sef no gree for am again sef tell him body dey pain you. I no fit type again am so pissed at the dude.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by SisiKill1: 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
Afamdman: My dear fantababy it is well with you, God is your strenght. That your husband, hmmm I wish could sit him down and speak sense to him, his eyes will be clear, he doesn't know yet what your going through. I just wonder if he now had my experience I and my wife went through he will arrange " wifey had early pre-eclampsia from 19weeks we fought it till 30weeks, poor girl was in the hospital through out, in the end came out with nothing" your husband needs to follow you to the labour room and me made to hear you give birth that will change things for him. Am so pissed at him right now. Him take say na just to dey answer daddy to be without putting in work. I wish he could come here and read people's comment. You sef no gree for am again sef tell him body dey pain you. I no fit type again am so pissed at the dude.

Awww, so sorry about your loss!

By the grace of God, you will use your hand to carry your children very soon in Jesus name.

Please stay strong!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2012

3 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by maclatunji: 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2012
ftmom: So, what makes him a fantastic husband

Great question.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2012
Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I feel much better. The funny thing is that we fasted, prayed, cried, sowed seeds before this pregnancy came! I know I can be moody, but I try to always be cheerful.

I don't want to mention a lot of horrible things he says when we have an argument. He can really be sweet at times, but when the other side shows up, it is very bad.

I used to be afraid of him, until late last year. I put my foot down & said never again would I be scared of this man.

We are age mates, so it's not a thing that he is far older than me. We both struggled together to get to where we are.

My comfort is that am not the only one he treats like that. He is just a big bully, who likes to put people down. I can trace his attitude back to his childhood/upbringing.

I pray for him all the time.

I try to gently let him know that pregnancy entails a lot. I give him stories about all the horrible pregnancy risks, I tell him to research more and ask his colleagues about pregnancy. I even tell him ahead of time when my mood is bad.

Am really hurt, and when I try to forgive so as to move ahead, another one happens. Imagine me at 37 weeks pregnancy, getting back from work, making yam & egg, only for me to serve and he says he is not interested in eating again. What was my offense? That I have refused to take my maternity leave.I have explained to him that my tiredness / aches is not due to office work, but it is normal pregnancy syndrome. I let him know that house work is more strenuous that my office work. (My work is as a finance officer and I delegate most of it. I have my own office, so I can sleep whenever I want to).I have explained to him times without number, that we get only 3 months maternity in Nigeria and as such, pregnant women strive to work till the very end or closer to their EDD, so as to have the whole 3 months with the baby.

He is a regular visitor on Nairaland but he visits only the front page. I really don't care if he sees this. I know I have tried and am tired of trying.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by 2mch(m): 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2012
fantababy: Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I feel much better. The funny thing is that we fasted, prayed, cried, sowed seeds before this pregnancy came! I know I can be moody, but I try to always be cheerful.

I don't want to mention a lot of horrible things he says when we have an argument. He can really be sweet at times, but when the other side shows up, it is very bad.

I used to be afraid of him, until late last year. I put my foot down & said never again would I be scared of this man.

We are age mates, so it's not a thing that he is far older than me. We both struggled together to get to where we are.

My comfort is that am not the only one he treats like that. He is just a big bully, who likes to put people down. I can trace his attitude back to his childhood/upbringing.

I pray for him all the time.

I try to gently let him know that pregnancy entails a lot. I give him stories about all the horrible pregnancy risks, I tell him to research more and ask his colleagues about pregnancy. I even tell him ahead of time when my mood is bad.

Am really hurt, and when I try to forgive so as to move ahead, another one happens. Imagine me at 37 weeks pregnancy, getting back from work, making yam & egg, only for me to serve and he says he is not interested in eating again. What was my offense? That I have refused to take my maternity leave.I have explained to him that my tiredness / aches is not due to office work, but it is normal pregnancy syndrome. I let him know that house work is more strenuous that my office work. (My work is as a finance officer and I delegate most of it. I have my own office, so I can sleep whenever I want to).I have explained to him times without number, that we get only 3 months maternity in Nigeria and as such, pregnant women strive to work till the very end or closer to their EDD, so as to have the whole 3 months with the baby.

He is a regular visitor on Nairaland but he visits only the front page. I really don't care if he sees this. I know I have tried and am tired of trying.

Then we have to get this to the front page. Though hard, i want you to also be aware of your moods and how it affects your relationship. Maybe you should read some self help books and things to make you a better person. Fine, he did all these which are very bad. But he may also come here with allegations against you. I think your problem is communication and the guy is a bit immature. I will think if this baby cost you both so much, he will be more compassionate. If he knows your ID on NL, am sure he is reading this silently. You can also direct him to the page so he understands the effects of hi behavior. There is also a thread here that people talk about their pregnancy and how their spouses dealt with it. Goodluck. Just relax and free your mind. You are almost there. Congratulations in advance.

https://www.nairaland.com/924248/how-supportive-significant-other-while

You may direct him to this page above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Impregnanted My Best Friend's Only Daughter / Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. / She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.