Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation (3079 Views)

5 Factors That Make Your Website Stand Out / How To Get Facebook Page And Twitter Verification For Nigerian Businesses. / Webmasters Come In. How To Insert Google Maps To A Site. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by segebee(m): 11:06am On Dec 18, 2007
Please guys, give it up for www.mapntl.com
proudly nigerian site
now we can have nigerian maps integrated to our various sites
we're growing,

Brought to you by:

Business databse
www.infodbase..com
Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by my2cents(m): 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2007
yeah man,

I happened to come across this about an hour ago on the technology times website (http://www.technologytimesng.com/). I gave the site the ultimate litmus test: driving directions from lagos airport to uyo and it passed in flying colors cheesy

The owners of that site should be applauded indeed. This is, in my opinion, the way we need to go, as opposed to coming up with myriads of social networks, which is (let's face it) more of an attempt to make money via google ads and less of an attempt to serve the public at large.

Kudos to the mapntl team!
Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by webemerald(m): 1:39pm On Dec 18, 2007
its almost unbelievable but it sure works, i gave a trial from ketu to my office at magodo Gra and the result was amazing,

kudos kudos kudos.
Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by webguru(m): 4:40pm On Dec 18, 2007
you are right, we are creating sites just for adsense

that just made me to b banned bt luckily i had an earlier username

seun, you are really workin oh, just bannin pple, my apologies though

na adsense cause am grin

Seriously, what should b on our minds is how to create mash-ups with their site

like i said earlier, when will we create the next big thing

Nlanders sit up

Segebee
Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by webguru(m): 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2007
Ajax is just jscript wt xml

like we were told at yesterday's seminar, if u're using php and nt usin jscript
u're missing a lot, cos they're alike

my2cents how did ajax specifically help; on yahoo beta?
Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by my2cents(m): 5:37pm On Dec 18, 2007
webguru,

going by what you say abv, first and foremost, you/the seminar organizers must realize that using jscrpt and using ajax r 2 different things. So for example, I could hv front-end form validation (in the form of a "form incomplete alert box) on my site. It uses jscript which wd imply that I am doing what the organizers say. However, that isn't ajax - there is no interaction with a server for one.

Ajax would be more interactive. So for example, as I leave the "email" field of my form, for example, I could use ajax to determine if the email already exists in my DB in which case I immediately alert the user. Without ajax, you would have to click the "submit" button and refresh the page with this information.

To answer the question you have for me, I believe you asked this on another thread and I have since answered it: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-101119.0.html

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by Iretia(m): 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2007
segebee:

Please guys, give it up for www.mapntl.com
proudly nigerian site
now we can have nigerian maps integrated to our various sites
we're growing,

I am glad that you like what you saw on mapntl.com  Our core value is to give any company that is interested the Location Advantage. Our Lagos digital map alone contains over 5,000km lenght of road. We also provide driving direction to over 25,000 business locations within Lagos alone and we keep updating our database.

Oh yes we know Google Map or Yahoo have fancy satellite imagries of Lagos and indeed Nigeria, but lets face it, thats all they have about Nigeria. Try and search for Western Avenue or even Ikorodu on Google and see if you'll  find it. Or better still try and search for all the locations of Zenith Bank, Mr Biggs, Total Petrol Station, Daleko Market, Mile 12 market etc on Google map or Yahoo map. On the other hand, try and search for M25 in London on Google map, you will find it!! They are telling us something, isn't it? They are telling us that they are not interested in providing local content for Nigeria. It is therefore up to us to do somthing about it. MapNTL has all these locations, we know where all the banks have their branches, where all Interswitch ATMs are in Lagos, where all the hotels and restaurants are in Lagos.

It is not enough these days to do a web search for a business, it is now possible to get driving direction to that business. If you are interested in having the location of your business on mapntl.com absolutely FREE of charge, then contact me on +447891182559.

Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by webguru(m): 7:12pm On Dec 19, 2007
iretia

thumbs up

share ur xperience

i am coming wt mine soon
Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by Iretia(m): 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2007
Do you know that restaurants are popular destinations in Lagos even more than Bank? MapNTL.com -Nigeria’s largest online interactive mapping and location-based service provider recorded an unprecedented 49,015 visitors in October and November 2007. Visitors generated over 53,067 routes from different parts of Lagos.

A break down analysis of the total routes generated reveals that routes to fast-food restaurants interestingly ranked highest and Victoria Island understandably was the most popular destination for over 22,000 routes generated on MapNTL.com within this period. Isolo suprisingly was the most popular source of routes generated accounting for over 28% of all routes generated within the period. Routes to banks ranked second with Access Bank being the most popular destination for the banking segment.

This analysis reveals that restaurants are popular destinations in Lagos. It therefore makes business sense for such companies who have heavy dependency on the patronage of the general public like Mr Biggs, Tastee Fried Chicken, Sweet Sensation, Chicken Licken, Tantalizers, etc, to provide location-based tools on their websites to route people to their many outlets within Lagos, this way, they will be providing the complete Customer Experience and encourage patronage

Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by aphoe(m): 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2007
@segebee:

we don see you. we know say u dey do URP for OOU grin

whatzup? i'm doing great what about you?
i have not started It yet because i've not gone to PH

take care

ps: happy 2008!
Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by webguru(m): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2007
it ain't easy, aphoe

God's in control sha wink
Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by Iretia(m): 11:01am On Sep 08, 2008
MapNTL.com, Nigeria’s foremost online interactive map has won the prestigious 2008 RIMA Foundation award for the most innovative and successful project using Geographic Information Systems .

The award under the GIS Projects category the first of its kind in Nigeria was given to Spatial Technologies Ltd (STL) the owner of the interactive online map portal at a colourful ceremony held at the luxurious Sheraton Hotel in Ikeja, Lagos on August 30, 2008.

MapNTL.com is more than the usual yellow page or business directory. Most Business Directories in Nigeria only provide basic contact details about the companies listed in their database. It is up to the individual to act
on the limited information provided. MapNTL.com seeks to take this further by removing the complexities associated with getting direction to each of the over 25,000 businesses listed in its database. If you have a business in Lagos and you wish to give your customers direction, then we can put yor business FREE of charge. Send us a mail info@mapntl.com and we shall send someone to your office within 48hrs to take the GPS location of yoru business FREE

Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by webguru(m): 11:18am On Sep 09, 2008
Congrats!

but Iretia, we're talking of plug-ins for webmasters to increase ur popularity just like google maps can
be easily used
Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by Iretia(m): 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2008
Have you tried using Google map recently to search for a business  in Lagos and see its location on an interactive map as its done in Europe and North America?  You cannot search and get the location of Mr Biggs on Iju Rd using Google map, or try searching for your street by name on Google map. Yes, people can see their houses on Google map including all those rusty zinc roofs, but really they have to know where to look
The goodnews is that MapNTL.com -Nigeria's foremost online interactive map now provides this capability. Users of MapNTL.com can search for  any street by name e.g Ilupeju Bye-Pass Road, Ilupeju or the location of any business by name, e.g Intercontinental Bank, Tejuosho Street, Surulere.
MapNTL.com users will find that it is very interactive and user friendly. Users can zoom in and see more details at street level and even get driving direction to any business right from any street in Lagos.

MapNTL.com has even taken this further by introducing an innovative map-based advertising platform that allows companies in Lagos to advertise their brands on an interactive map.  This concept called "Mapvertising" is the unique way of using  geographic map as a powerful tool in localising advertising by pinpointing a business location on an interactive map using specific company logo or symbol with associated information displayed via the mouse-click function. For companies who use their corporate logos or customised pictures to mark the location of their businesses on MapNTL.com, they make it very easy for their customers to identify their locations on www.mapntl.com (see the map below. Notice how easy it is to identify the locations of Zenith Bank, FCMB, Oceanic Bank, ETB, etc)
MapNTL.com registered more than 100,000 page impressions in August 2008 and processed over 69,000 map search requests.

F   E  A T  U  R  E S
===============
1) Search for any street in Lagos
2) Search for the  nearest hotel, restaurant, bank, ATM and school to any street
3) Search for any Business by name
4) Reduce search radius to an area in Lagos
5) Get driving direction to your business from any street in Lagos
6) Email map to friends, customers, collegues
7) Everything is done online

How much does it cost to show your business location on MapNTL.com? It costs NOTHING!!!, it is aboslutely FREE!!!

Simply fill the online request form at http://www.mapntl.com/business/business.asp and everything is taken care of

A generic symbol will be used to mark the location of your business. However should you be interested in mapvertising by using your corporate logo to mark the location of each of your locations making it easier for your customers to see where you are, this comes at a token of N4,499.99

Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by pie1ect(m): 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2008
I like the concept, brilliant work but the implementation looks like it is lagging behind.
The site does not work properly in Firefox (which is my default browser). Maybe it's just me.

There's still some work to be done, but I daresay these guys have laid down the gauntlet, it's for others to take it up now.
There's so much that yet to be done with regards to IT in Nigeria, and it represents a major opprtunity for all Nigerian youths. There's so much success out there we can replicate in Nigeria.
Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by candylips(m): 12:25pm On Apr 02, 2009
Very nice concept . Pls keep working on improving the web site and probably an integration with a SatNav
Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by linusing(m): 4:52pm On Apr 02, 2009
Iretia grin

please i would like to know if it is possible for one to integrate it (MapNTL.com) to ones site?
Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by Iretia(m): 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2009
linusing:

Iretia grin

please i would like to know if it is possible for one to integrate it (MapNTL.com) to ones site?

At the moment, the only way to reference MapNTL.com from another website is via a banner exchanged link. If this does interest you, kindly send your banner to feedback{at}mapntl.com and we'll send ours. This way our respective websites can benefit from mutual traffic

Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by Iretia(m): 12:40pm On Apr 27, 2009
I thought you would appreciate this interactive map of Ebute Metta showing a section of Herbert Macaulay.
Actually the power of MapNTL.com does not lie in its capability to search for any street in Lagos, it lies in its ability to show you where over 50,000 businesses are located in Lagos.

Looking for any bank, hotel, restaurant, shoppping mall, market, etc in Lagos? You'll be amazed at what you can find using the power of map on MapNTL.com

Re: Please Stand Up For Nigerian Maps Online: Innovation by segsalerty(m): 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2009
I beg , i need help on procedures that makes up this website/database of Nigeria Map thing , simply like google earth ,
I beg webmaster! what are the languages they used !
i just wanna have an idea of what bucked this website into existence , I envy am
1 love

(1) (Reply)

Transfer Of Domain / How To Encrypt Your Source Code / On-page SEO Vs Off-page SEO: Which Is More Important?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.