Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,968 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV (28750 Views)

How Can I Download Nigeria And Ghana Movie On My Mobile Phone ? / Startimes Move( Digital Mobile Phone TV ) / Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by jidsoon(m): 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2012
As part of activities to mark its second anniversary, the management of StarTimes has launched a mobile phone television for its Abuja and Lagos subscribers.

The mobile phone television is expected to give the company’s over 800,000 subscribers opportunity to watch their StarTimes television channels on their mobile phones.

The product was launched in Abuja last week by the chairman of the company, Mr Pang Xin Xing.

Senate President, David Mark; Minister of Information, Labaran Maku; Charge d’affair of the Chinese Embassy to Nigeria, Mr. He Meng and other dignitaries were at the event.

In his speech, Mr Pang noted that the mobile television launch was StarTimes’ way of helping subscribers keep up with their favourite programmes while on the move.

According to him, the signal of the mobile TV has been on trial since 2010 and has only recently been certified okay.

He said: “During the Africast in 2010, we already launched the mobile TV trial system in Abuja. With the maturity of the business model and the perfection of terminal products, right now we have officially launched the mobile TV system in Abuja and Lagos. This means the public can not only watch clear digital TV programmes on the TV set, but also with their handsets at anytime and anywhere.

“When the conditions are ready, the mobile TV system will be further expanded to other regions in Nigeria. We have various terminal products for mobile TV service, such as the dual-SIM card smart phones supporting TV function, the car TV with navigation system, MP4 which supports TV reception, radio and music playing. These products are of good quality but at affordable price. The content for the mobile TV service is also very colourful; we have the free mobile TV channel, but also the mobile pay TV bouquet which costs only 100 naira per month”

On StarTimes’ achievements since its foray into the pay TV business, Mr Pang said the company has revolutionised the pay TV industry in a very short period.

“In the past two years, with the vision of enabling every Nigerian household to afford digital TV, to watch digital TV and enjoy digital TV, NTA-STAR has already set up the DTT network in nine regions, including Abuja, Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, Port Harcourt, Benin, Kaduna, Onitsha and Asaba, offering clear and rich digital TV programmes to Nigerian people at affordable price and providing digital TV transmission service for national TV station and private TV stations.

“Up to now, we have invested near $100 million in this project, developing around 800,000 subscribers and hiring 700 local staff. We have created more than N1.3 billion of tax revenue for the country.

By Henry Ojelu

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/08/07/startimes-launches-mobile-phone-tv/

1 Like

Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by Claumy2(m): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
Ok. Now. But would that help to reduce or stop BH from bombing

1 Like

Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
Hope blackberries are compatible?
Will b back to read d full article.

Dey shuld also make plans for mobile fones sha
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by miteolu(m): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
But Startimes is dead angry
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by tiwasiaife(m): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2012
What has Nigeria ever manufactured and sent abroad to market? Its only corruption. I hope it will nt be as expensive as dstv tv mobile phone. Starcom u knw afta abuja lagos the next place should be enugu as the 3rd most developed city in nigeria.
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by fulfillment2020(m): 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2012
Imanuelle: Hope blackberries are compatible?
Will b back to read d full article.

Dey shuld also make plans for mobile fones sha
Which news did u read?

1 Like

Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by fulfillment2020(m): 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2012
tiwasiaife: What has Nigeria ever manufactured and sent abroad to market? Its only corruption. I hope it will nt be as expensive as dstv tv mobile phone. Starcom u knw afta abuja lagos the next place should be enugu as the 3rd most developed city in nigeria.
Its just 100 naira monthly. U have 2 talk abt PH before enugu n other cities.
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by gulfer: 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
Claumy2: Ok. Now. But would that help to reduce or stop BH from bombing
Why this morbid question? Must you echo this everywhere?

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by flameforx(m): 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2012
Legalized Chinko phones
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by raynold17(m): 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
where can I get it on android? 100naira per month is amazing.
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by andyanders: 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
tiwasiaife: What has Nigeria ever manufactured and sent abroad to market? Its only corruption. I hope it will nt be as expensive as dstv tv mobile phone. Starcom u knw afta abuja lagos the next place should be enugu as the 3rd most developed city in nigeria.

If you don't know, Nigeria has successfully manufactured JUJU to kill and has been exporting it.

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2012
andyanders:

If you don't know, Nigeria has successfully manufactured JUJU to kill and has been exporting it.

lwkmd .. oh la la grin
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by ebamma(m): 5:43pm On Aug 07, 2012
raynold17 :
where can I get it on android? 100naira per month is amazing.
na only nta were you go dey watch for that kind money

1 Like

Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by ebamma(m): 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2012
andyanders:

mumu speak
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by ebamma(m): 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2012
smoking marijuana is not good for your health

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by PHIPEX(m): 5:51pm On Aug 07, 2012
That's incredibly cheap.
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by amosy007: 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2012
hahahahahahahahaha too much of garri and cassava bread is not gud 4 brain

3 Likes

Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by raynold17(m): 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
ebamma: na only nta were you go dey watch for that kind money
lol... how can I download the #shit..
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by MrGlobe(m): 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
is it availablefor android and how many stations.

Yes Enugu is more beautiful and well planned than Ph, but Ph is more commercial than enugu. so for the person saying development I don't know how to classify that
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by excondido(m): 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
attractive package i must admit. i hope it can work on android
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by kofomii: 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
Startime should help throw DSTV off market.
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by raynold17(m): 6:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
where can I get It on android.
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by Ewoma45(f): 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2012
Na 4 dis kind mata u go c ppl wem dey claim get android app.
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by Daunashamed(m): 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2012
Wait,is it realy N100 per month or it's a mistake,maybe wanting to write N1,000 because that is incredibly too cheap, good work startimes
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by DANILSA(m): 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
Has the programme kicked off? If it has how can we activate it? I saw no thread to follow, website or info on how we can start using it, pls help op.
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by raynold17(m): 6:41pm On Aug 07, 2012
DANILSA: Has the programme kicked off? If it has how can we activate it? I saw no thread to follow, website or info on how we can start using it, pls help op.
same here searched everywhere.
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by francis247(m): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2012
No picture, price nor specs of the mobile gadget(s) supported? Na wa O!

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by Chongaiman: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2012
Claumy2: Ok. Now. But would that help to reduce or stop BH from bombing

Don't think so but I have a dream that that your post would settle the BH issue. BTW, Just saw it on CCTV's 'Africa Live'. The mobile device had 'Startimes' on it as brand name.
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by Xplicit1(f): 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2012
you guys tried though, but the one i have at home is not functioning well. no clear signal, it's only few channels dat are working.
Can u imagine? they removed Bollywood & Nickelodeon, this ones dat i kind of like alot. not just that, the STVE1 they just introduced is not working. STVbase, Entertainment(E!)channel, RealTV and other nice channels dat were working, is no longer working since they introduced the so called STVE1 dat is not also functioning. The only channel i enjoy now is STVE2.
The StarTimes is just crap, crap and crap. (nodding my head with my hand on my jaw, staring @ my startime TV), If i had known......................

3 Likes

Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by realmscape: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2012
fulfillment2020: Its just 100 naira monthly. U have 2 talk abt PH before enugu n other cities.
abuja, lagos then ekiti...suck it....
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by lekside44(m): 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2012
its good for the market. the competition will drive down the price and improve programming
Re: Startimes Launches Mobile Phone TV by Ikengawo: 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2012
the company has 3 offices

abuja
lagos
kano

if anywhere, it would be kano.

checked their website
http://www.startimes.com.ng/Products/259147.shtml

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Site Can I Download Foreign Movies? / Toke Makinwa Returns As BBNaija’s ‘The Buzz’ Host (Picture) / BBNaija: Biggie Delivers Babies To Housemates. Anto With Twins. See Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.