Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. (19019 Views)

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11am On Aug 15, 2012
Josh090:

hmm..you do not have any other reliable source apart from the one you posted earlier then! am sorry but i am an ardent follower of foreign media and events especially any related to those of jehovah's witnesses organization and i have not come across such allegations, as such i can not agree with you on the matter of child abuse you're talking about!

Where have you been looking? The news is all over the place. It no longer pays to bury one's head in the sand thinking that it would all go away.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=6499357
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20am On Aug 15, 2012
kieryn:

This is what happens to all JW forum it starts of with an objective and ends up being derail. Why cant someone simply share what their beliefs or answer questions without certain people having the need to air out someone dirty laundry, everyone has it we all humans.The OP aim is not to convert but to simply share his belief or answer any question about JW. Whether u agree or not that doesn't matter, take it for what it is their belief and not yours. If you do disagree, agree to disagree.Many people that come to make post (or the people that have these anti-JW websites) already have a strong dislike for JW or are disgruntled ex-JW, do you think that if I want to know what the JW are all about I will ask an opinion from them. When I no their aim is tear the religion down, there's no balance. Everyone has their right to believe and to worship how they like and as civilized people we can be very cordial in sharing our belief w/o tearing each other down. Please let's keep this forum as neutral as possible. Share your belief using the bible since that something we all come to the table with, and stop posting all these websites that are not affiliated with JW.

So you don't what us to post links that back up the allegations against the JW's? Child abuse is no long covered up it is broadcasted on the global news what do you want to say about it? Is it part of what you believe? See the protest against those child abusers in Brooklyn, NY. It is no longer a secret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m53JU4g7Ia4
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2012
Freksy:

Is it not glaring that you are shying away from something?

What stops you from answering my post? The source you are feeding from fits you perfectly - sites from apostates aimed at tarnishing the image of the witnesses.

Prove you are not a liar by answering the question that arose from some of your previous links.

Like I promised you, I will keep reposting it so that all will know what you are running away from. It's the post that closely follows this.

Once again, if you are not lying against the witnesses, I challenge you to show how 587-B.C.E. blends perfectly with various scriptures that relate to it like I have done regarding 607-B.C.E.

Are you also saying that the BBC and CNN are apostates tarnishing the image of your Society? I posted a question that your fellows are shying away from, do you want to answer it? Here is the question in case you missed it:

How sure was your Society that the date 1914 would not be "changed" and that it was "not the date for the beginning, but for the end"?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:33am On Aug 15, 2012
Here is NBC Dateline reporting on child abuse 10 years ago. The quality of the videolink may not be that good but you will understand the points being made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XJQvpduyYA
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 11:57am On Aug 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Panorama on BBC certainly reported it. Check the suggested link below:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/2114320.stm
Thank you. I knew it, but chose to be cautious as I could be getting things mixed up.

OLAADEGBU:
Where have you been looking? The news is all over the place. It no longer pays to bury one's head in the sand thinking that it would all go away.
Honesty is a rare commodity, Mr Adegbu.

OLAADEGBU:
So you don't what us to post links that back up the allegations against the JW's? Child abuse is no long covered up it is broadcasted on the global news what do you want to say about it? Is it part of what you believe? See the protest against those child abusers in Brooklyn, NY. It is no longer a secret.
I think her point is that op opened the thread for people to ask questions about his BELIEFS and not to discuss the infractions or perceived waywardness of the church. But I guess you are right. These things must come up.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
Part 2 of the NBC Dateline on the cover up of JW's child abuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpXKzPwrA9s
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 12:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
MyJoe:
Years back, I think the BBC reported it, but I'm not sure of it at the moment. But the CNN, ABC and some other US networks certainly did. The recent case in which $28 has been awarded against the church by a California court was reported by several media houses, including the Huffington Post, the Oakland Tribune and MSNBC.

By the way, your assertion that if an incident is not reported by the BBC or CNN it should be forgotten is preposterous. You may wish to reconsider and amend the post.

that some news agency aired some news item about a Jehovah's witness misconduct some were then will change what the witnesses teach from the bible, abi?

so CNN/BBC are infallible?

All JW are perfect?

There is not even what is call a set up?

Its fair to conclude that what the individual did was supported by the JW organization?

If all JW are perfect i also hope all of us are perfect?

Since you are perfect cast the stone then.

What the bible says is that such individual should be disfellowship from the church 1corinth 5:9-13
and JW are known to do just that.

if there were no such people in the early church why the law and instructions to the corinths?

If there will never be the wicked that will creep into the church why is there need on what to do with them?

The person that is to be disfellowship is he not suppose to be in the church?

The problem is when such ones are still allowed to remain in the church in disobedience to that 1corinth5:13.

But as noted, this accusation can not be said to be a trend with JW.

And i doubt if JW did any such thing as settling any body or persons like insenueted here since the person will have been disfellowship.

JW work is to preach, any that dont fit in cannot preach and has no use.

Though they help all kinds of person to leave by bible standard.

I dont know any other organization that follow the disfellowship cleaning of the church like the JW.

Complete disassociation = disfellowshiping.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Are you also saying that the BBC and CNN are apostates tarnishing the image of your Society? I posted a question that your fellows are shying away from, do you want to answer it? Here is the question in case you missed it:

How sure was your Society that the date 1914 would not be "changed" and that it was "not the date for the beginning, but for the end"?

hey guy fraud they dont want to answer your question since your are a fraud.

You cant even defend God,
you on the issue of circumcission said that God wanted to kill moses that he sent on an erran to egypt.
There by Giving God a bad name.

Leave the JW and do your own work as a christian to God well.
Peace
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
^^^ For the benefit of anyone reading, I merely responded to what I thought was someone's sincere enquiry about the presence of the matter of JW child abuse in the news. I did not imply that it has anything to do with teaching the Bible or being perfect of disfellowshiping or not disfellowhiping or any of the other stuff that the post above chose to read into it. And I did not imply that the CNN or the BBC are infallible. His co-JW defender, Maximus85, did.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
MyJoe:
Thank you. I knew it, but chose to be cautious as I could be getting things mixed up.

Honesty is a rare commodity, Mr Adegbu.

I think her point is that op opened the thread for people to ask questions about his BELIEFS and not to discuss the infractions or perceived waywardness of the church. But I guess you are right. These things must come up.

out of the mouth the condition of the heart is known.

How can a protest of an individual action turned to be the "waywardness of the church?"

U see, you set to carry people on your back and dump them in a pit.

I know you are God and as such you have pass final judgement.
How presumptiouse.
No wander you lack the patience to remain amongst them.

CNN report what they see around them not that they carried out this investigation but you use a news report of this sort for passing a sentence, how shallow!

What if it was oladegbu brothers that stage manage the protest?

The JW are peace loving and will not resort to violence or such vices and they will leave matters in God's hands.

This is a forum and the views of any posters cannot be taken as a representation of the JW unless it is a bible base topic that their stand is very obvious.

CNN or no CNN, we leave in a world full of deceit and wicked men.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2012
truthislight:

hey guy fraud they dont want to answer your question since your are a fraud.

You cant even defend God,
you on the issue of circumcission said that God wanted to kill moses that he sent on an erran to egypt.
There by Giving God a bad name.

Leave the JW and do your own work as a christian to God well.
Peace

You are not even ashamed of yourself. You first deny the allegations, then call me a fraud after providing evidence for my claim, then you try to change the subject. I pity the gullible folks under your care. Here are fresh evidence of your cover up and it shows that it is not a one off incidence it is ingrained in your Society and your organisation does its best to cover them up.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21917798/
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
MyJoe: ^^^ For the benefit of anyone reading, I merely responded to what I thought was someone's sincere enquiry about the presence of the matter of JW child abuse in the news. I did not imply that it has anything to do with teaching the Bible or being perfect of disfellowshiping or not disfellowhiping or any of the other stuff that the post above chose to read into it. And I did not imply that the CNN or the BBC are infallible. His co-JW defender, Maximus85, did.

yes you did not say so,

you even advise against his statement of using CNN as final authority.

But we cant take some one post on a forum to know who a JW is,
Can we?
What if its a ploy to discredit the JW?

Any can meet JW in person to verify if they teach that their members should engage in child abuse.

Even, one should be able to know if child abuse is a common occurrence amongst the JW. Since they are all around us.
Peace
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
truthislight:
How can a protest of an individual action turned to be the "waywardness of the church?"
I had resolved to stop responding to you since you find it very hard to comprehend statements and so end up turning them upside down when responding to them and trying to clear things up will only lead you to find more things to read awry. But I would like to ask: do you see any difference between these two statements:

I think her point is that op opened the thread for people to ask questions about his BELIEFS and not to discuss the infractions or waywardness of the church.

and

I think her point is that op opened the thread for people to ask questions about his BELIEFS and not to discuss the infractions or perceived waywardness of the church.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
MyJoe:
I had resolved to stop responding to you since you find it very hard to comprehend statements and so end up turning them upside down when responding to them and trying to clear things up will only lead you to find more things to read awry. But I would like to ask: do you know the difference between these two statements:

I think her point is that op opened the thread for people to ask questions about his BELIEFS and not to discuss the infractions or waywardness of the church.

and

I think her point is that op opened the thread for people to ask questions about his BELIEFS and not to discuss the infractions or perceived waywardness of the church.

i am not the one that will input motives for you, if you said what i had deduce is wrong what do i stand to gain puting a notion you have denied?

On such things i rather seek peace and as such i say AM Sorry for getting you from the wrong angle.

What i say serve to package me befor God.
So it is with all men.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
^^^ Accepted. It takes humility or a great mind to say sorry.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by firestar(f): 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
cool
Hmm...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by kieryn(f): 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by kieryn(f): 8:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m53JU4g7Ia4

#1 So a couple of dingdong JW are alleged to bring molesters that not the whole organization or each JW
#2 So there were some allegations of abuse among JW so it is amongst many other religious organization. There is no need to devote 3 pages on it. It detracting from the original objective of the OP
Get my gist?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

sir, this links has taken me nowhere.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 12:27am On Aug 16, 2012
Josh090: sir, this links has taken me nowhere.

sorry for his errors.

Its Just that the guy is a fraud.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Maximus85(m): 10:55am On Aug 16, 2012
kieryn: This is what happens to all JW forum it starts of with an objective and ends up being derail. Why cant someone simply share what their beliefs or answer questions without certain people having the need to air out someone dirty laundry, everyone has it we all humans.The OP aim is not to convert but to simply share his belief or answer any question about JW. Whether u agree or not that doesn't matter, take it for what it is their belief and not yours. If you do disagree, agree to disagree.Many people that come to make post (or the people that have these anti-JW websites) already have a strong dislike for JW or are disgruntled ex-JW, do you think that if I want to know what the JW are all about I will ask an opinion from them. When I no their aim is tear the religion down, there's no balance. Everyone has their right to believe and to worship how they like and as civilized people we can be very cordial in sharing our belief w/o tearing each other down. Please let's keep this forum as neutral as possible. Share your belief using the bible since that something we all come to the table with, and stop posting all these websites that are not affiliated with JW.
Well said. I never started this thread for arguments and hatred.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Maximus85(m): 11:06am On Aug 16, 2012
kieryn: @OP What your belief on the statement "once saved always saved"? Does one become saved after baptism and accept Jesus in your faith?
God doesn't count your good deeds when you intentionaly go back to bad ways. Baptism is a vow to God to always live a life in accordance to God's directives. In the Jw, we make sure an individual has got the accurate knowledge of the Bible before baptism so that he/she can be fully aware of that decision to get baptised. Once saved, always saved has no Biblical backings.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Maximus85(m): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2012
MyJoe: ^^^ For the benefit of anyone reading, I merely responded to what I thought was someone's sincere enquiry about the presence of the matter of JW child abuse in the news. I did not imply that it has anything to do with teaching the Bible or being perfect of disfellowshiping or not disfellowhiping or any of the other stuff that the post above chose to read into it. And I did not imply that the CNN or the BBC are infallible. His co-JW defender, Maximus85, did.
If you want to hide an info from an average Nigerian...put it in writing. Was i posting in SWAHILI? Have i taged any news agency infallible? May God forgive you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Maximus85(m): 11:25am On Aug 16, 2012
I enjoy beign a Jehovah's Witness. When you see us, you know us without been told. Which other church can you recognise like that? Doesn't this uniqueness ring a bell? That we have yahoo boys in Nigeria, does it make all Nigerians yahoo boys? So if one of the Jws is bad, does that make all of us bad? Even out of the 12 disciples, there was an ISCARIOT. Peace!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by true2god: 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
Maximus85:
NIMSHI, THIS IS HATRED. YOU MAKE THIS LARGE FINDING ON JWs, BUT I NOTICED YOU NEVER QUOTED THE BIBLE FOR ONCE. PLEASE WHICH CHURCH DO YOU ATTEND? BE BOLD TO TELL US...SO WE CAN ALL COMPAIR. HAVE YOU NOTICED ANY DIFFERECE BETWEEN MY POSTS AND YOURS? I AM ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT THE BIBLE, GOD AND JESUS. I'VE NEVER USED A NEGATIVE WORD AGAINST ANY CHURCH. I BACK MY POSTS WITH THE BIBLE. JW'S ARE THE MOST HATED IN THE WORLD, YOU CLAIM THAT WE ARE SPREADING LIES AND THAT WE ARE DANGEROUS. BUT BRO! I'VE GOT NEWS FOR YOU, JESUS FACED THE SAME SITUATION, PEOPLE HATED HIM, THEY SAID HE WAS TALKING ABOUT A STRANGE GOD, THEY TAGGED HIM "DANGEROUS" THEY HATED HIM AND THEY EVEN KILLED HIM. JESUS SAID THAT HIS FOLLOWERS WILL FACE MORE HATRED AND OPPOSITIONS.
NIMSHI, HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY THE JW's ARE THE ONLY RELIGION GROUP HATED?
@ MAXIMUS85 stop whinning and learn for once. Is any of Nimshi's posting not factual with references frm jw magazines? This Nimshi guy had spent quality time to do his findings and he's here enlightenung pple on the danger of a sophisticated and high organized mind controlin institution, no matter hw seemingly honest the organization may appear. Do u need to read the bible alone to knw dat the earth is spherical? Pls stop discouragin pple frm learnin the truth. Thank u.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 4:39pm On Aug 16, 2012
true2god: @ MAXIMUS85 stop whinning and learn for once. Is any of Nimshi's posting not factual with references frm jw magazines? This Nimshi guy had spent quality time to do his findings and he's here enlightenung pple on the danger of a sophisticated and high organized mind controlin institution, no matter hw seemingly honest the organization may appear. Do u need to read the bible alone to knw dat the earth is spherical? Pls stop discouragin pple frm learnin the truth. Thank u.

I dont think the JW said it is compulsory that you must be one of them.

They only belief that all humanity are entitle to know what the bible teach.

If that is not ok with you kindly feel free to ignore them.
Afterall silence they say should be the best answer for a fool.

So then, you know what to do if you feel so.
Peace
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by kieryn(f): 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2012
Maximus85:
God doesn't count your good deeds when you intentionaly go back to bad ways. Baptism is a vow to God to always live a life in accordance to God's directives. In the Jw, we make sure an individual has got the accurate knowledge of the Bible before baptism so that he/she can be fully aware of that decision to get baptised. Once saved, always saved has no Biblical backings.

So baptism is a personal decision. No infant baptism? "he who calls on the name of the lord will be saved? So there more to it?what's your belief on what it takes to be saved?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2012
Maximus85:
If you want to hide an info from an average Nigerian...put it in writing. Was i posting in SWAHILI? Have i taged any news agency infallible? May God forgive you.
Your effort to make jest of me by a hackneyed line is laughable. But maybe if you reread the thread and consider your responses you will see who truly has manifested a bewildering incapaity to read text or comprehend their meaning.

You did not call them "infallible" but you ascribed the unique capacity to be trusted with accurate news to them, such that other media outlets must be dismissed offhand. (I doubt you have even realised how assinine that statement was.) That is why I used the word "imply". Did you see that word in my reply? No, it flew over your head. Anyway your question and prayer should be directed at Mr truthislight who it was that made the inference.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by true2god: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
truthislight:

I dont think the JW said it is compulsory that you must be one of them.

They only belief that all humanity are entitle to know what the bible teach.

If that is not ok with you kindly feel free to ignore them.
Afterall silence they say should be the best answer for a fool.

So then, you know what to do if you feel so.
Peace
Truthislight should not present himself here as falsehood is light. I have been goin thru this thread and im happy dat almost all the respondends provided valuable reference materials, either watchtower magazines or the bible. However the most amazin of all is that despite the numeruos watchtower publications referenced in this arguments,exposin the dangers and falsehood in jw, you still hav the moral to continue in blind argument. Thats loyalty at its peak. Thats one trait i admire an average jw for. i need ask u one question: was any of the watchtower publication quoted falsely or out of context? Pls i need to learn cos the light is gettin dimmer and i need it get brighter.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Maximus85(m): 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
kieryn:

So baptism is a personal decision. No infant baptism? "he who calls on the name of the lord will be saved? So there more to it?what's your belief on what it takes to be saved?
If there are 2 people in a hole, a man who knows you, listen and obeys your directives and the second also knows you, he would pretend to listen to you and seldomly follow your instructions. If these two are calling on your name, who will you first consider saving ?
Mere calling the name of the lord doesn't guarantee salvation. You have to listen, obey and remain in that positive frame. See John 17:3(rsv) "And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent"
(jw's nwt) "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the the true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.
I enjoy how you ask your questions. Thank you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 12:45am On Aug 17, 2012
true2god: Truthislight should not present himself here as falsehood is light. I have been goin thru this thread and im happy dat almost all the respondends provided valuable reference materials, either watchtower magazines or the bible. However the most amazin of all is that despite the numeruos watchtower publications referenced in this arguments,exposin the dangers and falsehood in jw, you still hav the moral to continue in blind argument. Thats loyalty at its peak. Thats one trait i admire an average jw for. i need ask u one question: was any of the watchtower publication quoted falsely or out of context? Pls i need to learn cos the light is gettin dimmer and i need it get brighter.

do you still have to west your time on "fools"?

its like you dont think JW are fools?

Well, i wish to keep silent on you.
Peace.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by true2god: 5:58am On Aug 17, 2012
truthislight:

do you still have to west your time on "fools"?

its like you dont think JW are fools?

Well, i wish to keep silent on you.
Peace.
My broda thats not the ansa to my question. My question is: is any of the watchtower magazine reference by NIMSHI false or quoted out of context? Dats a vry simple and honest questn. If u seem to have forgotten NIMSHI's earlier posts u can scroll back, read his posts and ansa my questn and stop callin pple fools because non is a fool here unless u r tryin to fool pple. Let me ask u a questn, if u hire an accountant u is in the habit of changin figures often, will u continue to trust him? Wont u sack him so that ur coy dnt cripple? If u can honestly ansa my questns without resorttin to callin 'fool' i will take u vry serios as a person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Christians Protest In Benue Over The Killings Of Benue People By Fulani Herdsmen / Biafra: Anambra Church Declares 40-Day Fasting / Maurice Ampaw: Screaming God's Name During Sex Will Grant You Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.