Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. (19032 Views)

Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2012
truthislight:

birds of the same feathers flocking together.

All using JW detrators website.

Have a life.

Ola, Nimshi does not even believe in the God you claim to serve but the both of you are here doing the same thing, the work of your master.

He supports muslim or he is a muslim, i dont know for myjoe yet, but time will tell, he is very Good in hiding his antics.

I guess you meant to say “he is very good in his antics” or “he is very good at hiding his true beliefs”. “Antics” may be used to describe what you put on to hide things, not what you hide.

Anyway, I have never hidden my views on matters around here. But from your posts in the other thread and on here, I believe you really mean to know the group I belong to you. Three things.

1. In the community of human beings, people hold differing views. Let me cite the example from the Catholic thread. You, Ihedinobi and Enigma all claim Christianity on Nairaland. I don’t. Yet, on the matter of the “sons of God”, you and Ihedinobi differed, whereas you and me saw things the same way. On the matter of whether the story of everyone coming from a man called Adam many years ago in the Middle East is to be taken as a literal historical account, you and Ihendinobi seem to agree yet Enigma’s views are in all likelihood closer to mine. That is the way things go. That is why there are divergent views on matters in Christianity. And that is why OLAADEGBU AND Nimshi would agree on a particular matter, while disagreeing in many many others. The only place everyone sees things the same way and having differing views is seen as unpardonable is among the JW. That is what we are talking about in the other thread. Of course, you will also find it among several small fringe groups. This approach is neither natural, reasonable nor fair. It is artificial, anti-intellectual and wrong.

2. This is an anonymous forum. What I claim here may not matter as much as you think. I could be a reverend father or a Bethellite or a Shopono priest, for all you know. In any case, I have, like I said, never hidden my views on the forum or declined to answer specific questions.

3. It is not good that you have been raised to believe that everyone ought to “belong to” a group or a belief system. Everyone holds views. But everyone does not belong to a textbook system. Not that I have said in this post that I do or don’t.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2012
truthislight:

Good you reposted a modified version this time.

The former fraud had said that the end will come in 1914 but you have change it to 1915.

The truth remain that the JW had said that the masaiah rule started in 1914.

There is a bible calculation to that effect, that you dont accept what the bible said is your personal decisions.

Your preaching house is NL, but the JW are out preaching from house to house teaching people the bible free of charge like christ and the apostles did.

Are you saying that you didn't see the so called 'prophecy' of 1914 that I posted with its link to the pdf? If you did then you should know who changed it to 1915 when the 1914 prophecy failed.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2012
truthislight:

let me help you.

The web site belonging to the JW are well known.

One of such is www.watchtower.org

the stories you are posting here are not from their web site, ask the owners of that web site to give answers to your questions.

You change the former date of 1914 to 1915.

^^^^ shows how fraudulent YOU are.

It was your Society that changed the date not me. If your website did not address this contradiction why do you expect anyone to take it serious?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2012
truthislight:

birds of the same feathers flocking together.

All using JW detrators website.

Have a life.

Ola, Nimshi does not even believe in the God you claim to serve but the both of you are here doing the same thing, the work of your master.

He supports muslim or he is a muslim, i dont know for myjoe yet, but time will tell, he is very Good in hiding his antics.

Hello oh! I posted the pdf of the said magazine and if you are claiming that it is false the onus is on you to supply what your magazine published on those dates I claimed.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2012
truthislight:

6000 years of human existence on earth, what next?

Cant you read?
Are you so desperate?

What I posted is clear enough for anyone reading. Below is the next question:

What did the Society say "would have to be" occurring in the "seventh in a series of thousand-year periods or millenniums"?

This is what your Society published in their Watchtower magazine in 1969:

. . . "six millenniums of mankind’s life on earth would end in the mid-seventies. Thus the seventh millennium from man’s creation by Jehovah God would begin within less than ten years . . . . In order for the Lord Jesus Christ to be 'Lord even of the sabbath day,' his thousand-year reign would have to be the seventh in a series of thousand-year periods or millenniums . . . Would not, then, the end of six millenniums of mankind's laborious enslavement under Satan the Devil be the fitting time for Jehovah God to usher in a Sabbath millennium for all his human creatures? Yes, indeed! And his King Jesus Christ will be Lord of that Sabbath — ." — The Watchtower, October 15, 1969, pp. 622-623

Note the reference that your Society published this magazine and comeback to tell me that it was a fraud.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:06pm On Aug 20, 2012
true2god:

@ truthislight, this is an anonymous forum u knw hence almost evryone on dis forum dnt knw one and another. But i must ask u a question and i need u honestly ansa me. Between u and OLAADEGBU who is a fraud?

I thank God that you can now see how truthislight is being exposed here for who he really is.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by true2god: 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2012
I think the real fraud here is the JW's GB, the wisemen, who is busy shunning out falsehood from Brooklyn NY for the whole world to believe. Truthislight is just a victim of these very wisemen cos he doesnt knw their true colour but thank God for internet, pple will be more informed about their activities. When a body are fond of changin their belief now and den, and when challenged they called it a new light, or the light just gotten brighter, dats not only fraud, but deceptive. Wats the tendency that the present JW belief system wont be changed in the next publication of watchtower or awake magazine? So the inconsistency has to be perrenial to justify that the light is still getin brighter. When will the light eventually provide a full current? I think the wisemen need to provide an ansa to the gullibles at the kingdom halls.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2012
true2god:

I think the real fraud here is the JW's GB, the wisemen, who is busy shunning out falsehood from Brooklyn NY for the whole world to believe. Truthislight is just a victim of these very wisemen cos he doesnt knw their true colour but thank God for internet, pple will be more informed about their activities. When a body are fond of changin their belief now and den, and when challenged they called it a new light, or the light just gotten brighter, dats not only fraud, but deceptive. Wats the tendency that the present JW belief system wont be changed in the next publication of watchtower or awake magazine? So the inconsistency has to be perrenial to justify that the light is still getin brighter. When will the light eventually provide a full current? I think the wisemen need to provide an ansa to the gullibles at the kingdom halls.

True talk. And this is the reason why this Society is dangerous to those sincere seekers who fall into their traps.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2012
true2god: @ truthislight, this is an anonymous forum u knw hence almost evryone on dis forum dnt knw one and another. But i must ask u a question and i need u honestly ansa me. Between u and OLAADEGBU who is a fraud?

read the thread then you will know who is a fraud.

Or does saying what the bible contain makes one a fraud?

I always stand and ready to defend the bible is that my crime?

The almighty God stand to judge between you and me who is a liar.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2012
Enigma:

^^^ I don't agree with most things you are saying on this thread but the bolded, which I found understandable, caught my attention and I find particularly interesting. smiley

cool

friend, if i am wrong i stand corrected.

Myjoe has refuse taking a stand and i cant put words in his mouth.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by true2god: 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2012
truthislight:

read the thread then you will know who is a fraud.

Or does saying what the bible contain makes one a fraud?

I always stand and ready to defend the bible is that my crime?

The almighty God stand to judge between you and me who is a liar.
If u look up u will see my response to this. The JW GB is the fraud here for always lying 'light is getting brighter' to defend their inconsistencies instead of aplogizin to the whole world who they are feedning with their publications frm Brooklyns. My broda u r just tellin us here wat u learn frm the kingdom halls, u r not to blame as long as u r ready to learn and stop the policy of never to question watever u r taaught at the kingdom hall. God created man to be inquisitiv and curios so that he learn more things. I can tell u that if u do ur personal research u might even point out certain things ur elders do no knw to dem and not always the other way round.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2012
true2god: If u look up u will see my response to this. The JW GB is the fraud here for always lying 'light is getting brighter' to defend their inconsistencies instead of aplogizin to the whole world who they are feedning with their publications frm Brooklyns. My broda u r just tellin us here wat u learn frm the kingdom halls, u r not to blame as long as u r ready to learn and stop the policy of never to question watever u r taaught at the kingdom hall. God created man to be inquisitiv and curios so that he learn more things. I can tell u that if u do ur personal research u might even point out certain things ur elders do no knw to dem and not always the other way round.

i wish what they say is not from the bible then i will not even say a word.

I know that they are very humble people.

I have never heard or seen them pick a day and say this day the world will end.

Unless someone says it is wrong to teach/explain bible prophesy.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by true2god: 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2012
truthislight:

I knw u r a willing mind to learn. I am writing fm my fone so i may not be able to giv u enof references dat butress my points dat the JW GB seldom get it wrong but will always refuse to aplogiz. Nevertheless i had followed virtually all the post frm NIMSHI and im very much familiar wit his findings but he is quite more extensive dan me. U may not respond to the post or quote frm him but just diligently go thru his post and confirm if wat he wrote are true or false. do ur reconciliatn frm that den u can undertsnad better.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by kieryn(f): 6:17am On Aug 21, 2012
Why the name kingdom hall and not church. Do you considered Kingdom Hall a church? Why or why not?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49am On Aug 21, 2012
truthislight:

I was expecting either you or your comrades to respond to my challenges but there is no show. Let's see more questions answered by you or the GB.

What time period did the Watchtower Society say would bring “the end”?

"THE Bible speaks of the time in which we are living as the 'last days' or the ‘time of the end.' . . . The facts show that this is a limited period that has a definite beginning and a definite end. It began in 1914. . . . there are people still living who were alive in 1914 . . . 'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Some of them will still be alive to see the end of this wicked system. This means that only a short time is left before the end comes!" — The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life, 1968, pp. 94-95

This is from your Society's publication interpreting what they think the Bible is saying about the last days. Did you see the definite beginning and end stated there?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I was expecting either you or your comrades to respond to my challenges but there is no show. Let's see more questions answered by you or the GB.

What time period did the Watchtower Society say would bring “the end”?

"THE Bible speaks of the time in which we are living as the 'last days' or the ‘time of the end.' . . . The facts show that this is a limited period that has a definite beginning and a definite end. It began in 1914. . . . there are people still living who were alive in 1914 . . . 'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Some of them will still be alive to see the end of this wicked system. This means that only a short time is left before the end comes!" — The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life, 1968, pp. 94-95

This is from your Society's publication interpreting what they think the Bible is saying about the last days. Did you see the definite beginning and end stated there?

finaly Ola has posted a question that is a fact.

Yes the JW said that 1914 marks the begining of christ rule as the bible base calculation shows after sitting in the right hand of God all along.

The first thing that happened was that war broke out in heaven and michael and the dragon fougth/fight.

And so down the great dragon was hurl to the earth with great anger knowing he has a short period of time Rev 12:7-12

this short period of time no body knows but the bible shows that christ started ruling in heaven in the year 1914.

Christ has said that the generation that witness his presence will also see the end and the JW preached it just as christ had said it.

But the question remain what constitute a generation?

If you Ola was to answer that question with human knowledge you will get it wrong.

So, while the JW have the faith to preach what christ said they keep on looking to God and his word the bible to get the meaning of generation from same God's own word the bible.
So, the answer = Exodus 1:5,6:

"And all the souls that came out of the loins of Jacob were seventy souls: for Joseph was in Egypt already. And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation." (Exodus 1:5-6).

Yes, ^ its the same Gods writing that explained what "generation" is from God's stand point and not by human definition = the life span of people that overlap with the young ones that they can relate with.

As that Exodus shows, that Jacob later had 70 soul while Joseph was already in egypt. So, joseph, his brothers, the 70, possibly his children overlaping old and young = generation from God's standpoint.

Can you or i fixe a period or time frame to that? No. But it is a generation.

Without this understanding onlookers even withing may even end up defining it from human stand point.

But with full faith on God the JW keeps on preaching knowing that God is faithful that promise.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
truthislight:

finaly Ola has posted a question that is a fact.

Yes the JW said that 1914 marks the begining of christ rule as the bible base calculation shows after sitting in the right hand of God all along.

The first thing that happened was that war broke out in heaven and michael and the dragon forth/fight.

And so down the great dragon was hurl to the earth with great anger knowing he has a short period of time Rev 12:7-12

this short period of time no body knows but the bible shows that chest started ruling in heaven in the year 1914.

Christ has said that the generation that witness his presence will also see the end and the JW preached it just as christ had said it.

But the question remain what constitute a generation?

If you Ola was to answer that question with human knowledge you will get it wrong.

So, while the JW have the faith to preach what christ said they keep on looking to God and his word the bible to get the meaning of generation from same God's own word the bible.
So, the answer = Exodus 1:5,6.

Yes, its the same Gods writing that explains what "generation" is from God stand point and not by human definition = the life span of people that overlap with the young ones that they can relate with.

As that Exodus shows, that Jacob later had 70 soul while Joseph was already in egypt. So, joseph, his brothers, the 70, possibly his children overlaping old and young = generation from God's standpoint.

Can you or i fixe a period or time frame to that? No. But it is a generation.

Without this understanding onlookers even withing may even end up defining it from human stand point.

But with full faith on God the JW keeps on preaching knowing that God is faithful that promise.

If you have been following the prevarication of your Society that I have been posting from page 1 you would have realised that it was them changing the goalpost to keep you guys fixated on them. Since you would not touch those earlier predictions with a bar pole let's leave those and move on to your question of generation. What does your Society say or said about how long a generation would last?

"When the term 'generation' is used with reference to the people living at a particular time, the exact length of that time cannot be stated, except that the time would fall within reasonable limits. These limits would be determined by the life span of the people of that time or of that population. . . . Today, much as it was in the time of Moses, people living under favorable conditions may reach 70 or 80 years of age" — Insight on the Scriptures, vol. 1, 1988, pp. 917-918

So, If the "generation" of the "time of the end" would last up to 80 years, what date failed to bring the end as prophesied by the Society?

1914 generation + 80 years = 1994. Can you tell us how your Society excused away this false prophecy knowing that we are now living in 2012?

Again I will be posting how your Society's publication in 1995 responded to this:

"Jehovah's people have at times speculated about the time when the 'great tribulation' would break out, even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914. However, we 'bring a heart of wisdom in,' not by speculating about how many years or days make up a generation, but by thinking about how we 'count our days' in bringing joyful praise to Jehovah. . . . Is anything to be gained, then, by looking for dates or by speculating about the literal lifetime of a 'generation'? Far from it" — The Watchtower, November 1, 1995, p. 17, 19
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

If you have been following the prevarication of your Society that I have been posting from page 1 you would have realised that it was them changing the goalpost to keep you guys fixated on them. Since you would not touch those earlier predictions with a bar pole let's leave those and move on to your question of generation. What does your Society say or said about how long a generation would last?

"When the term 'generation' is used with reference to the people living at a particular time, the exact length of that time cannot be stated, except that the time would fall within reasonable limits. These limits would be determined by the life span of the people of that time or of that population. . . . Today, much as it was in the time of Moses, people living under favorable conditions may reach 70 or 80 years of age" — Insight on the Scriptures, vol. 1, 1988, pp. 917-918

So, If the "generation" of the "time of the end" would last up to 80 years, what date failed to bring the end as prophesied by the Society?

1914 generation + 80 years = 1994. Can you tell us how your Society excused away this false prophecy knowing that we are now living in 2012?

Again I will be posting how your Society's publication in 1995 responded to this:

"Jehovah's people have at times speculated about the time when the 'great tribulation' would break out, even tying this to calculations of what is the lifetime of a generation since 1914. However, we 'bring a heart of wisdom in,' not by speculating about how many years or days make up a generation, but by thinking about how we 'count our days' in bringing joyful praise to Jehovah. . . . Is anything to be gained, then, by looking for dates or by speculating about the literal lifetime of a 'generation'? Far from it" — The Watchtower, November 1, 1995, p. 17, 19

Ola, the bible is a complete book, it does not and should not be examined using human definition.

Dictionararies defined generation as people born about the same time period, if this is followed you will get a wrong understanding of what the bible says to be a generation.

If you do wish that God's kingdom should come and you remove your mind from painting the JW black you will rather see the beauty that God's word the bible is.

Their interest is plain and simply that of explain the bible and they never lay claim to being inspired but rather called themself bible students, teaching people the bible all over the earth free of charge.

Ola, which do you thing is better?
1. Explaining the bible and its prophesie and teaching all men the bible and the kingdom,
or
2. those teaching people outside what the bible says, telling people that the kingdom of God is in their heart and extorting people of their money and promising them of prosperity?

I love the bible and the promises it contain and glad to know that we are living in the period call the last days, on this i say thanks to the JW.
How do you think i come to know the little i know?
You cant even imagine what they know friend.

Those that love the truth appreciate the clearer understanding of God's word instead of fighting it.

Should i not rather be happy for finally having a perfect understanding of God's word as to what a generation is and push on doing what God wants knowing that deliverance is near instead of rebelling like you are advising me to do.

Should i hate those that are determine to show what the bible says to all mankind and join those scoffing at them?

This reminds me of Noah's day.

Left for the JW they want God's kingdom to come then and now,
can the same be said about you?

I hope you are not busy buying Jets and mansions in the name of God.

Is that the way to seek first the kingdom and its righteousness matthew 6:33.?

Take note that no individual or person stand to take praise for their effort but God

Ola, this is not a game o, life is at stake o.

Yes, they want people to be ready when God's kingdom comes and not to be caught un aware as it was in Noah's day.
they explain what the bible say to that effect,
can that be a bad thing from Gods stand point?

If you are ask to explain generation will you not use the dictionary definition that says it is people that are born withing a time period, and how long is human life span?
Will it occur to you that there is a definition of life span in the bible like they did?

Any way suit yourself instead of learning.

I know you will resort to your former lies.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
Moving on to the next question:

Do you agree with me that Jehovah will put all false prophets to shame? by not bringing to pass their false prophecy? Do you also agree that false prophets will try to hide their reason for feeling ashamed to conceal the reason for feeling shame by denying who they really are? Let your magazine speak.

"Jehovah, the God of the true prophets, will put all false prophets to shame either by not fulfilling the false prediction of such self-assuming prophets or by having His own prophecies fulfilled in a way opposite to that predicted by the false prophets. False prophets will try to hide their reason for feeling shame by denying who they really are.”—
"
— Paradise Restored to Mankind—By Theocracy!, 1972, pp. 353-354
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by truthislight: 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Moving on to the next question:

Do you agree with me that Jehovah will put all false prophets to shame? by not bringing to pass their false prophecy? Do you also agree that false prophets will try to hide their reason for feeling ashamed to conceal the reason for feeling shame by denying who they really are? Let your magazine speak.

"Jehovah, the God of the true prophets, will put all false prophets to shame either by not fulfilling the false prediction of such self-assuming prophets or by having His own prophecies fulfilled in a way opposite to that predicted by the false prophets. False prophets will try to hide their reason for feeling shame by denying who they really are.”—
"
— Paradise Restored to Mankind—By Theocracy!, 1972, pp. 353-354

is there any thing that they have said so far that is not from the bible?

The Exodus 1:5,6 that i quoted is from who as to the understanding of generation?

do you look at things from one side?

If you are in expectation of that kingdom is it a crime to also look at things from another angle?

1. Dictionary definition
2. Exodus definition

it is then wrong to examine the two.

Take note. JW are in expectation of God's kingdom more than you that is why they go out to preach 24/7

they will not be cought unaware.

Better be ready like them..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Maximus85(m): 9:54am On Aug 22, 2012
kieryn: Why the name kingdom hall and not church. Do you considered Kingdom Hall a church? Why or why not?

Kieryn, A church is not a place. It is the gathering of people who are discussing God and Jesus Christ. We choose Kingdom Hall because it is a Hall where we gather to teach and remind ourselves things about God's Kingdom.
So, Our Kingdom Hall is a place we meet. You can call people inside the Kingdom Hall a Church but we prefer to call it Meeting or Congregation... based on the fact that we want to be different. Infact in the Isrealite time and Jesus' era, Congregation is used. Exodus 12:6, Psalms 149:1, Proverbs 26:26.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by kieryn(f): 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
Maximus85:
Kieryn, A church is not a place. It is the gathering of people who are discussing God and Jesus Christ. We choose Kingdom Hall because it is a Hall where we gather to teach and remind ourselves things about God's Kingdom.
So, Our Kingdom Hall is a place we meet. You can call people inside the Kingdom Hall a Church but we prefer to call it Meeting or Congregation... based on the fact that we want to be different. Infact in the Isrealite time and Jesus' era, Congregation is used. Exodus 12:6, Psalms 149:1, Proverbs 26:26.

Hmmmm..okay. So is "God kingdom" JW central theme? Why? It seem to be what you all talk about alot. A JW told me that it will bring about future blessings so her concern is not ab trying to make something out of life now but waiting for God's Kingdom to rule over the earth thats when she will enjoy life to the fullest. Explain that. Isn't God kingdom now in heaven. What is God Kingdom to you?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by Maximus85(m): 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
kieryn:

Hmmmm..okay. So is "God kingdom" JW central theme? Why? It seem to be what you all talk about alot. A JW told me that it will bring about future blessings so her concern is not ab trying to make something out of life now but waiting for God's Kingdom to rule over the earth thats when she will enjoy life to the fullest. Explain that. Isn't God kingdom now in heaven. What is God Kingdom to you?
Remember the model prayer Jesus taught his disciples? Matthew 6: 9-13. But lets focus on verse 10 "LET YOUR KINGDOM COME, LET YOUR WILL TAKE PLACE, AS IN HEAVEN, ALSO ON EARTH"
Now you may ask, "WHAT IS GOD'S WILL FOR HEAVEN AND EARTH?"
God's will has always been done in heaven until satan called God a liar, and God's will prevailed in heaven once again when Jesus and his angels sent satan and his demons away from heaven. Revelation 12:9,12.
Now, What is God's will for the earth? God's will for the earth is for all obedient humans to live just like he had planned for Adam and Eve until satan deceived them. He wants us to live forever in peace, joy, security, under his own government. Psalms 37:29. Therefore, for God's will to be done here on earth, God's Kingdom must come, that was why Christ Jesus asked us to pray for it.
What will God's Kingdom do? Read Daniel 2:44.
We are not saying we shouldn't make something out of this life, we should just bear in mind that this system of things won't last forever. So it is wise to seek FIRST God's Kingdom and its righteousness and all other things will be added onto us. Read Matthew 6:19-21 & 33.
I hope i've answered your question?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by BARRISTERS: 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
@OLAADEGBU

Here i come again, i never saw this tread before,so when i knocked you off from the trinity forum,and your brother ihedinobi rubished your assertions declaring that ''trinity is undefended in the bible''you felt jittery, are you speaking with one voice? ok, you accused jws below,

i dont think there is something called shame, in your catholic church, then the quote below should not come from a catholic like you;

I pity the gullible folks under your care. Here are fresh evidence of your cover up and it shows that it is not a one off incidence it is ingrained in your Society and your organisation does its best to cover them up.

now let me give an independent analysis [/b]on child abuse cases so far,using the common wikipedia/free encyclopedia,

starting with jws;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses'_handling_of_child_sex_abuse

this is coming from me, a non jw;

The New York Times commented:[33]

The shape of the scandal [b][in Jehovah's Witnesses] is far different than in the Catholic church, where most of the people accused of abuse are priests and a vast majority of the victims were boys and young men.
In the Jehovah's Witnesses, where congregations are often collections of extended families and church elders are chosen from among the laypeople, some of those accused are elders, but most are congregation members. The victims who have stepped forward are mostly girls and young women, and many accusations involve incest.
Congregation elders are required to first contact the organization's legal department in cases of alleged abuse to establish whether there is a legal duty to report the sex crime to the civil authorities or not.[34] In Canada, elders were advised:[35]
There is a duty to report when one has reasonable and probable grounds to believe that there is abuse or a substantial risk of abuse and parents have failed to protect the child. The report shall be made forthwith to the local child welfare authorities. […] Elders must be aware, however, that once they have knowledge, they have an obligation. They cannot just hope that someone else will report. They must follow through quickly, and be sure that it is done."

The BBC reported on the controversy around Jehovah's Witnesses child abuse in July 2002, in the Panorama program "Suffer the Little Children"[47] Jehovah's Witnesses headquarters published their response to many of the allegations made in the program, the substance of which is found in the article Jehovah's Witnesses and Child Protection on their official website.
According to Witness spokesman J. R. Brown, Jehovah's Witnesses are not required to report crimes to elders before calling civil authorities. Victims and their families are free to call police at will, he said, although some don't choose to.[48] A circular sent to elders in the USA stated: "In those states where such is required, oftentimes the parent, the guardian, or the accused person himself can do the reporting. In this way the confidentiality protected by ecclesiastical privilege is not violated."[49] The Watchtower Society maintains its existing policy, without an explicit requirement for elders to report all child abuse cases where such is not mandatorily required by law.[42][43] In at least one case, elders urged a perpetrator himself to go to police.[50]
Lawsuits

LETS SEE THE PERCETAGE OF ACCUSATION AGAINST THE ELDERS,
[size=14pt]In the United States, over 80,000 elders currently serve in over 12,300 congregations[/size] … During the last 100 years,[size=14pt] only eleven elders have been sued for child abuse in thirteen lawsuits filed in the United States; In seven of these lawsuits against the elders,.[/size] [size=18pt]accusations against the Watchtower Society itself were dismissed by the courts
[/size]
APPROX 80,000 ELDERS ONLY 11 SUED AND THATS MEANS THAT 1 OUT OF 7,272 ARE SUED, WHICH ALSO MEAN THAT AN AVERAGE OF 1 ELDER OUT OF 7,272 ELDERS, IN ONE OUT OF 54 CHURCHES OF JWS,HAVE BEEN ACCUSED. THATS MASSIVELY COMMENDABLE.
WE CAN CONCLUDE HERE THAT, JWS HAVE EFFECTIVELY PUT A MEASURE TO ERADICATE IT.

IT IS ALSO NOTEWORTHY THAT WATCHTOWER WERE AWARDED CAD$142,000 WRONGFULLY JOINED IN AN ABUSE CASE!
In 2004, a Canadian court awarded CAD$5000 to a plaintiff for the negligence of an elder who failed to follow the official policy of the church. [size=14pt]However, the court dismissed charges against the Watchtower Society, and directed the plaintiff to pay the Watchtower Society's legal fees amounting to CAD$142,000.[/size]

NOW LETS SEE OLAADEGU'S CATHOLIC CHURH FROM WIKIPEDIA'S PERSPECTIVE. TO FOLLOW NEXT;

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by BARRISTERS: 2:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
@OLAADEGBU,

WHAT IS YOUR CHURCH DOING,THAT THEY HAVE TO SETTLE CASSES AMOUNTING TO 3BILLION POUNDS, ONLY ON SEX ABUSE ALONE, AND 5 PARISHES WERE GIVEN BANKRUPCY PROTECTION?

LETS SEE BELOW;

Roman Catholic sex abuse cases

Starting with the united states.

BishopAccountability.org,

an "online archive established by lay Catholics," [size14pt]reports that over 3,000 "civil lawsuits have been filed against the church" in the United States,[13] some of these cases have resulted in multi-million dollar settlements with many claimants.[/size] The Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas paid [size=14pt]$30.9 million[/size] in 1998 to twelve victims of one priest [size=14pt]($44.1 million in present-day terms)[/size].[14][15] In July 2003 the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Louisville [size=14pt]paid $25.7 million [/size]to "settle child sexual-abuse allegations made in 240 lawsuits naming 34 priests and other church workers."[14] In 2003, the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston settled a large case for $85 million with 552 alleged victims.[16] In 2004, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange settled nearly [size=14pt]90 cases for $100 million.[/size][17] In April 2007 the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon agreed to a [size=14pt]$75 million settlement with 177 claimants and the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle agreed to a $48 million settlement with more than 160 victims.[/size][18] In July 2007 the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles reached a[size=14pt] $660 million agreement with more than 500 alleged victims, in December 2006, the archdiocese had a settlement of 45 lawsuits for $60 million.[/size][19][20] In September 2007, the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Diego reached a [size=14pt]$198.1 million "agreement with 144 childhood sexual abuse victims[/size]."[21] In July 2008 the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Denver agreed "to pay [size=14pt]$5.5 million to settle 18 claims of childhood sexual abuse.[/size]"[22] The Associate Press estimated the total from settlements of sex abuse cases from 1950-2007 to be more than $2 billion.[20] [size=18pt]BishopAccountability reports that figure reached more than $3 billion in 2012.[/size][13][23] Addressing[b] "a flood of abuse claims" five dioceses (Tucson, Arizona; Spokane, Washington; Portland, Oregon.; Davenport, Iowa, and San Diego) got bankruptcy protection.[20] Eight Catholic diocese have declared bankruptcy due to sex abuse cases from 2004-2011.[/b][24]
As it became clear that there was truth to many of the allegations and that there was a pattern of cover-up in a number of large dioceses across the United States, the issue exploded into a nationwide scandal, creating a crisis for the Catholic Church in the United States. Allegations in the United States also encouraged victims in other nations to come forward, rapidly creating a global crisis for the Church. [/b]Over several decades in the 20th century, priests and lay members of religious orders in the Catholic Church had sexually abused minors on a scale such that the accusations reached into the thousands.[25] [b]A major aggravating factor was the actions of Catholic bishops to keep these crimes secret and to reassign the accused to other parishes in positions where they had continued unsupervised contact with youth.

[size=14pt]AND TO WORSEN THE CASE, THE CATHOLICS GIVE UP COMPLETELY IN CONTROLLING THE SCORGE,SEE BELOW;
[/size]
In response to criticism that the Catholic hierarchy should have acted more quickly and decisively to remove priests accused of sexual misconduct, contemporary bishops have responded that the hierarchy was unaware until recent years of the danger in shuffling priests from one parish to another and in concealing the priests' problems from those they served. [size=18pt]For example, Cardinal Roger Mahony of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, said: "We have said repeatedly that ... our understanding of this problem and the way it's dealt with today evolved, and that in those years ago, decades ago, people didn't realize how serious this was, and so, rather than pulling people out of ministry directly and fully, they were moved."[/size]
[edit]Diocesan response to allegations

Some bishops have been heavily criticized for moving offending priests from parish to parish, where they still had personal contact with children, rather than seeking to have them permanently removed from the priesthood. Instead of reporting the incidents to police, many dioceses directed the offending priests to seek psychological treatment and assessment. [size=14pt]According to the John Jay report, nearly 40% of priests alleged to have committed sexual abuse participated in treatment programs. The more allegations a priest had, the more likely he was to participate in treatment.
REMEMBER THAT THERE ARE OTHER NUMEROUS CLAIMS BELOW,IF YOU HAVE THE TIME JUST CLICK ON EACH COUNTRY BELOW ON WIKIPEDIA'S PAGE.
1 Austria
1.1 Archdiocese of Vienna
1.1.1 Diocese of Sankt Pölten
2 Belgium
2.1 Archdiocese of Mechlin-Brussels
2.1.1 Diocese of Antwerp
2.1.2 Diocese of Bruges
2.1.3 Diocese of Ghent
2.1.4 Diocese of Hasselt
2.1.5 Diocese of Liège
2.1.6 Diocese of Namur
2.1.7 Diocese of Tournai
2.2 Salesians
3 Croatia
3.1 Archdiocese of Zagreb
3.2 Archdiocese of Rijeka
4 Czech Republic
4.1 Archdiocese of Olomouc
5 Denmark
5.1 Diocese of Copenhagen
6 France
6.1 Archdiocese of Paris
6.1.1 Diocese of Meaux
6.2 Archdiocese of Rouen
6.2.1 Diocese of Evreux
6.3 Archdiocese of Besançon
7 Germany
7.1 Archdiocese of Munich and Freising
7.2 Diocese of Regensburg
7.3 Archdiocese of Berlin
7.3.1 Canisius-Kolleg Berlin
7.4 Archdiocese of Freiburg
7.4.1 Kolleg Sankt Blasien
8 Great Britain
8.1 Archdiocese of Southwark
8.1.1 Diocese of Arundel and Brighton
8.1.2 Diocese of Plymouth
8.2 Archdiocese of Cardiff
8.3 Benedictines
8.4 Kiltegan Fathers
8.5 Diocese of Middlesbrough
8.6 Archdiocese of Birmingham
9 Ireland
9.1 Archdiocese of Cashel and Emly
9.1.1 Diocese of Cloyne
9.1.2 Diocese of Limerick
9.2 Archdiocese of Dublin
9.2.1 Diocese of Ferns
9.3 Archdiocese of Tuam
9.4 Archdiocese of Armagh
9.4.1 Diocese of Raphoe
10 Italy
10.1 Archdiocese of Trento
10.1.1 Diocese of Bolzano-Brixen
10.2 Archdiocese of Venice
10.2.1 Diocese of Verona
11 Malta
11.1 Archdiocese of Malta
12 Netherlands
12.1 Archdiocese of Utrecht
12.1.1 Diocese of Den Bosch
12.1.2 Diocese of Roermond
12.1.3 Diocese of Rotterdam
12.2 Salesians
13 Norway
13.1 Territorial Prelature of Trondheim
14 Poland
14.1 Archdiocese of Poznan
14.2 Archdiocese of Warsaw
14.2.1 Diocese of Plock
15 Slovenia
15.1 Archdiocese of Ljubljana
16 Spain
16.1 Society of Jesus
17 Sweden
17.1 Diocese of Stockholm
17.2 Sweden generally
18 See also
19 References

IN CONCLUSION, ONLY IF ONLY IN AMERICA 80 PER-CENT OF ONLY THE PRIESTS ARE SEX ABUSERS WHAT DO YO SAY ABOUT THE CHURCH MEMBERS.
THEY HAD TO GIVE UP IN CONTROLLING IT! WHAT A SHAME!!! OLAADEGBU, SHIOOO, IN YORUBA!! SEE YOUR MESS UP HERE!!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by BARRISTERS: 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by firestar(f): 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
... shocked^^
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 4:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
I have not read the posts above properly but I have skimmed portions of them. This is typical JW hypocrisy in full blast and it would have been better if Barristers had shut up than post this.

Facts: The RC and the JW churches have both had child abuse problems. It is clearly more serious in the Catholic Church - but there are over a billion Catholics as against 7million JW. Both churches have been accused of coverups and putting church's reputation above victims' interest. Both have made out of court settlements and court-ordered payouts. So where is the moral high ground? Is it the fact a Cardinal has admitted the problem as enlarged by Barristers somewhere above, something the JW leadership do not have the decency to do?

To be sure, I agree that the mistakes of an individual should not be blamed on his church wholesale and I am careful about apportioning blames in this matter, but the JW has no moral high ground here and Barristers should shut ug. Anybody who wants to understand the problem of child abuse in both churches should disregard the jaundice above and do their research with an open mind.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by MyJoe: 5:04pm On Aug 24, 2012
Ola is not even a Catholic, but you had to call him one to enable you dig up that church's Augean stable to, hopefully, overshadow the JW's considerable child abuse problem. A typical case of "You be thief!" "Ehen, you, nko, you no be thief?" - something NL Muslims have elevated to an art.

Ola is a Deeper Life member. Now, dig up the DCLM's child abuse cases by parish and archdiocese to finally shut up Ola after your victory over him in some Trinity thread. wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by BARRISTERS: 6:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
@Myjoe
Are olaadegbu? why are you his mouthpiece? or One Nimshi like that, i will still like to engage him, now i can see that you guys have really formed a network to trap some jws, no wonder you have no religion at all? i dont need to know ola's church from you, at least he is identified with a religion,while i have made up my mind in joining jws and can defend their religion, but you,maybe you are a gay or heterosexual nobody knows, im not saying you are,but why are you shy to own up?i dont need to know,keep the reason to yourself pls, na you you sabi!

you dont need glasses to read my assertions, i have already done it for you in my last post;

I have not read the posts above properly but I have skimmed portions of them. This is typical JW hypocrisy in full blast and it would have been better if Barristers had shut up than post this.

Facts: The RC and the JW churches have both had child abuse problems. It is clearly more serious in the Catholic Church - but there are over a billion Catholics as against 7million JW. Both churches have been accused of coverups and putting church's reputation above victims' interest. Both have made out of court settlements and court-ordered payouts. So where is the moral high ground? Is it the fact a Cardinal has admitted the problem as enlarged by Barristers somewhere above, something the JW leadership do not have the decency to do?

To be sure, I agree that the mistakes of an individual should not be blamed on his church wholesale and I am careful about apportioning blames in this matter, but the JW has no moral high ground here and Barristers should shut ug. Anybody who wants to understand the problem of child abuse in both churches should disregard the jaundice above and do their research with an open mind.

What constitutes 'decency' to your understanding look stinking Myjoe,

1, elder out of a whole 54 churches each are affected in the U.S, which means that 53 jws churches do not have a case and there was no case involving boys ,but how do will 1 to 1.5 out of every 3 priests are molesters,gay, multiple sexual involvement in catholic?.

you mean the cardinal have a decency to look on until 8 dioceses were totally runned into bankruptcy after series of case settlements had sweeped the whole monies of the church;

[size=14pt]"a flood of abuse claims" five dioceses (Tucson, Arizona; Spokane, Washington; Portland, Oregon.; Davenport, Iowa, and San Diego) got bankruptcy protection. Eight Catholic diocese have declared bankruptcy due to sex abuse cases from 2004-2011.[/size]

Myjoe, it seems there is more about you, your total thinking i mean.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by BARRISTERS: 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2012
@Myjoe

[size=18pt]are you helping those dioceese out of bankcrupcy? you suck!![/size]
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses Questions And Answers Page. by BARRISTERS: 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2012
see again, Watchtower were awarded legal fees from their plaintiffs while catholics are running into bankruptcy; 'decency indeed'ha, ha, ha, haaa, they smiled to the bank, because it was not appealled!!

[size=18pt]However, the court dismissed charges against the Watchtower Society, and directed the plaintiff to pay the Watchtower Society's legal fees amounting to CAD$142,000.[/size]
http://en.wikipedia.org

you see your life?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Christians Protest In Benue Over The Killings Of Benue People By Fulani Herdsmen / Maurice Ampaw: Screaming God's Name During Sex Will Grant You Heaven / Biafra: Anambra Church Declares 40-Day Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.