Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,511 members, 7,801,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 (15121 Views)

Nokia 3310 Is 15years Today / Iphone 6 Plus VS Galaxy Note Edge: Which To Go For? / Samsung Galaxy III Vs Galaxy Note II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Enitsua(m): 8:01am On Aug 08, 2012
NOKIA 3310 V. SAMSUNG GALAXY S3

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Enitsua(m): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2012
There must be a sea of questions flowing through your mind right now, like how can the vintage Nokia 3310 ever be compared to the flagship galaxy s3 ?, which yardstick is being used to measure the two?, how can such comparison even be conceived in the first place?. For most of you this is same as making a comparison between King kong and Aladin’s monkey, John okafor of nollywood and Leornardo Decaprio, the Bugatti veron(1 of the most expensive cars in the world, $1.8m) and the 1997 model station wagon Volvo or the eloquent Wole Soyinka alongside the not so eloquent first lady ‘‘My husband is the best couple’’ oops! no defamation intended just thinking out loud. Anyway i don’t mean to sound like an advertising agent for any of this telecommunication brands, I would have if there were paying me but sadly they aren’t, I just want to take a deeper look into this mobile devices and see which is better and more suitable for the general public even though the general public might not agree with me. Now let’s take a look at Samsung galaxy s3 side by side the Nokia 3310 or Okpo Nokia (Bone Nokia) as the call it in my local dialect.

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Enitsua(m): 8:18am On Aug 08, 2012
…sorry about the ellipsis but the deeper look I talked about earlier was much more deeper than I thought, anyway here it is read on.

I remember when I used to see all types of mobile devices featured in American movies, dreaming about actually owning one of this devices, for a long time remained just a dream and am sure many Nigerians suffered the same fate, wanting to own this devices was not just for owning sake but at least to free ourselves from the tyrannical reign of Nigerian telecommunication limited (NITEL). Fortunately, in the fourth quarter of the year 2000 this nightmare came to an end. I don’t know for certain the first mobile device that came into Nigeria, but the very first device I set my eyes on was the Nokia 3310, possessing this phone was like possessing diamond, it actually elicited the kind of response, which the half a million blackberry Porsche is eliciting right now. At the time of in-depth need the Nokia 3310 came to our rescue, and let me ask, where the hell was the Samsung galaxy then?! I’l tell you, it was just a sketch on an ambitious computer engineers drawing sheet, or better still a figment of one’s imagination, that is to say that the Nokia 3310 is realistic and not a compendium of unreconcilling gadgetry like the galaxy s3.

Though some may admire the sleek and fragile physique of the Galaxy s3, but the 3310 is famous for its sturdy and rugged composition, you would agree with me that in Nigeria of today one needs to move around with one weapon or the other, well the Nokia 3310 can serve as such, you just need to aim it at your target. In addition to this, the 3310 is said to be quite the resilient device, there is what has come to be known as the drop test where two or more mobile phones are dropped purposely on a hard surface to ascertain their strength and ability to accommodate shock, well I did carry out a drop test back then with my 3310 accidentally anyway, my phone fell from a 3 story to a reinforced concrete floor with iron rods all over it, okay okay okay it just fell to the floor, from my hand, okay it fell to my carpet but all the same it didn’t crack, break or scratch, if am not mistaken i would say that my battery life improved considerably after that incident.

Okay maybe am sounding too biased, maybe this next point will cheer you up. Nokia like the Samsung galaxy and most phones out there gather a weight of 133g, which at least puts the galaxy at par with the spectacular 3310, but there was also a variant of the 3310 which weighed less at 115g, it would seem that Nokia was not yet ready to claim this variant as theirs in case sales go horribly wrong, am saying so because the Nokia logo where the hands meet was not present in this variant, any way they became proud of their device afterwards and subsequently imputed the logo, having sold 126m units. Bravo Nokia, bravo!

1 Like

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Enitsua(m): 8:23am On Aug 08, 2012
What a beauty!

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Enitsua(m): 8:27am On Aug 08, 2012
Alright I’l admit it, the Samsung galaxy is a beauty, it comes with a 4.8 inch HD screen in contrast to Nokia’s 84 x 48 monochrome display, it comes chocked up with memory, depending on the version, some can bag a capacity of up to a 140 GB, Including its 50 GB cloud storage(Drop box as some call it), but if this device can store everything then what will our human brains be used for?, its resistive capacitive touch screen is also an Amoled display with 16m colours, isn’t 16 million colours too much for a pair of eyes of what use will its crispy clear resolution be when you go finally blind, it comes with a quad core C.P.U, best in the market right now, this eliminates overheating and ensures unbelievable speed coupled with its 4G LTE feature, but then again life on the fast lane never ended well for anyone, the galaxy uses an android operating system, a version called the Android ice cream sandwich (ICS), for gods sake one can purchase an ice cream sandwich for a far lesser amount in any fast food or better still prepare one yourself. Its 8 mega pixel camera is qualified by some as awesome but do u know that the 3310 can be retrofitted with a camera of any pixel by using the microphone input as a data port, rumour had it some time ago that other versions of the 3310 were modified into a heavily armed machine gun, which discharged bullets at the punch a number on the keypad, a speed dial sort of thing, this phone can only be described in one word VERSATILE.

You might say that the Samsung galaxy refuses to settle for less coincidentally the 3310 does not settle for less either, do you remember the games on our Nokia, Bantumi, space impact, Pairs 2, snake 2 ?, apart from the fact that this games kept us glued to our screen for hours, it is seen that most of them were in its second stage (part 2) when Nokia could have settled for part one, they went ahead to acquire a part 2 instead, this shows an undaunting desire for technological breakthrough. Having made these comparisons it is my unrebuttable opinion that Nokia 3310 is and will remain the best phone mankind will know for a very long time.

Having made this comical write up, I just want to say that these phones are spectacular in their own ways, they were and are admired by many. As time goes on new phones come while the old ones give way, however no matter what phone comes along I’l never forget my first phone the Nokia 3310…

15 Likes

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:55am On Aug 08, 2012
Nice try,

but you need to take a few cues on the art of trolling NL.

The daft ones DO NOT READ LONG POSTS

What you need is not to explain your position, just state a short concise, outrageous and totally unsubstantiable position and dare them to prove you wrong.

condemn the best features in one of the phones in the most ridiculous way you can and tout the other one to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Abuse the users of the one you want to create controversy for.

lastly, claim to be the world's greatest guru and rubbish anyone who dares to confront you and your post. CHIKENA, your thread don enter 10 pages

NB: remember to ask the Mods to move to frontpage... works like magic grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:09am On Aug 08, 2012
FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THE 3310 is THE BEST PHONE EVER MADE!!!!!!

Solid Build. very rugged yet stylish

Handy form factor, very unisex in outlook... try convincing a chick to carry around a 4.7 inch brick (otherwise called SGS3)

best in its class, was the best phone when it came out. can you say the same for SGS 3?

Excellent OS. and Performance. Top Notch. Not a single lag anywhere.

solid OS choices with it. some of the worlds best and most addictive games are on the platform, from the evergreen snake, to sudoku etc.

Monstrous battery Life. Infact cover your face in shame SGS. this baby rocked 5 days heavy use!!!!! warrahell!!!!

survived every test, water, drops etc.

and not to forget, This phone gave you bang for the buck. i still have my 3310, and im sure if i could locate a battery to fit into it, it would serve me well.

FACT IS IT COULD CLAIM TO THE BEST AT ITS TIME. can your mumu SGS do same?

Enitsua:
the Samsung galaxy is a beauty, it comes with a 4.8 inch HD screen in contrast to Nokia’s 84 x 48 monochrome display, it comes chocked up with memory

what rubbish. which kain beauty? you call that flimsy plastic oversized thing beautiful? HAVE YOU NO EYES?
and where did you hear that the 3310 has monokini screen?

for your info, that screen was the TOP of the RANGE at the time it was launched. is the SGS 3 screen the best now?

Enitsua:
[s]You might say that the Samsung galaxy refuses to settle for less[/s] coincidentally the 3310 does not settle for less either,

arrant rubbish.

do u have any idea how many compromises are on the SGS?
from the screen to the plastic body

3 Likes

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:13am On Aug 08, 2012
[size=18pt]Moderator, FRONT PAGE PLSSS[/size]

And note, you are not allwed to post on this thread if you are younger than 30.
all dese small pikin wey dem mama dey buy dem fone go come dey misyarn here now

2 Likes

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Enitsua(m): 11:27am On Aug 08, 2012
Hahahahahahaha i love ur style man, although am not sure if ur actually confronting my post, or advising me on how to be controversial, all d same nice one bro! We really need to talk some more. MODERATORS FRONT PAGE THIS THREAD MUST TO GO VIRAL
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by puskin: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2012
I spoke about opening a thread comparing Nokia 3310 vs. GS3 mockingly and jocularly.......because of the rate of versus threads springing up..........and someone actually went ahead to do it.

IDEA THEFT........but I'll let it pass.

Now dis versus thingy is definitely getting out of hand.

I will have to consult the gods on dis.

In the meantime.............lemme lock up
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by puskin: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2012
The gods have spoken..........when ur done comparing this......U can go ahead and compare Graham Bell's fone vs GS3.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Enitsua(m): 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
puskin: I spoke about opening a thread comparing Nokia 3310 vs. GS3 mockingly and jocularly.......because of the rate of versus threads springing up..........and someone actually went ahead to do it.

Now dis is getting out of hand.

I will have to consult the gods on dis.

In the meantime.............lemme lock up
hahahaha i guess i'v beaten you to it...ur a moderator right? Put in front page. Thanx
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Enitsua(m): 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2012
Puskin threads shud b educative, entertaining, funny and creative...nt just a baseless opinion or sentences of arguments...wen u said 'lock up' did u mean closing my thread?
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
he dare not....

infact i dare him, he cant fit to lock the thread na. grin grin grin he wan dance alanta for middle of 3rd MB? grin grin grin grin

BTW, seems pple think im not serious abt this 3310 thing. I AM DAMN SERIOUS.
wen one guy was yarning opata on anor thread, i referred him to 3310, d guy lock up!!! no response again, na grammer e just dey blow!!
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 08, 2012

1 Like

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by FKO1(m): 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2012
Mr. OP I know U are just stating your opinion,but cant help to ask
"U DEY SMOKE WEED ? "
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by maclatunji: 2:46pm On Aug 08, 2012
LMFSO!

Honestly, if I were Nokia Chief Executive, we would come-up with a new "Nokia 3310x" that would make the world stand-up and applaud. #Godwilling

5 Likes

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2012
@Op, Too much grammar spoils d broth. The Samsung galaxy rocks, Nokia3310's generation is gone. Ds Comparison of Lamborghini 2012 model against VW Beetle 1980 model(Yeri mbeto) tire me o.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by megxo(m): 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
can u use da SG3 phone 2 pluck MANGO??.............. bt dat 3310 MACHINE GO DE KAMPE cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by etchel(m): 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2012
If Nokia 3310 is so rugged& the best mobile phone ever made;why then was Nokia 808 made. #just asking.
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Pocket of N19,000 no be mate wt many BB self, talkless of 3310.
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Demdem(m): 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
megxo: can u use da SG3 phone 2 pluck MANGO??.............. bt dat 3310 MACHINE GO DE KAMPE cheesy

i agree jare grin grin
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by sweetcocoa(f): 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2012
Okay seriously what is going on here?
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Soocool1(m): 3:04pm On Aug 08, 2012
i give up!!
Nairaland's frontpage has been hijacked by terrorists!
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by dridowu: 3:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
I need summary pls
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by micklplus(m): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
megxo: can u use da SG3 phone 2 pluck MANGO??.............. bt dat 3310 MACHINE GO DE KAMPE cheesy

Imagine. Lol
Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
If u feel the S3 is better, try this with it cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Enitsua(m): 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2012
3 principles of a good media....Ability to Inform, educate and entertain i believe my thread has met dis requirements...so 4 dose who dnt get d theme of dis post. Read it again having d 3 principles in mind....luv u all though.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by Mannylex(m): 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2012
Must every sh!!!t get to the frontpage. Indeed The gods MODS must be crazy!

1 Like

Re: Nokia 3310 Vs.galaxy S3 by aieromon(m): 3:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
Clap for yourself!!!

You made frontpage without even trying undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why We Take And Post Selfies. / How To Upgrade Blackberry Os / List of top 20 Best Mobile Phones(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.