Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session (30030 Views)

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / I'm Planning To Travel To Malaysia For Studies, Please I Need Your Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2012
albertseun: Got ma visa today aswell...am so grin

Congrat!!
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by albertseun(m): 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
@justwise: tanks, God bless u, I'll b leavin 4 coventry nxt week friday...pls, keep d good work goin.. I rili apreciate ur contributns on dis colum nd to evry1 dat share dere xperiencs here
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 7:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
albertseun: @justwise: tanks, God bless u, I'll b leavin 4 coventry nxt week friday...pls, keep d good work goin.. I rili apreciate ur contributns on dis colum nd to evry1 dat share dere xperiencs here

Have a safe journey and God bless.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by dexter101: 8:21am On Sep 22, 2012
Anyone going to UNIVERSITY OF WARWICK?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by FutureDon(m): 4:58pm On Sep 23, 2012
Fully settled. Fully enrolled. Patiently waiting for lectures to commence and preparing my mind for the task ahead.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Darksea: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2012
Who is in DMU leicester
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Darksea: 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2012
tbaba98: De montfort uni leicester MSc International business and management visa granted

Get in touch with me.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by penfold(m): 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2012
FutureDon: Fully settled. Fully enrolled. Patiently waiting for lectures to commence and preparing my mind for the task ahead.
Fully enrolled ke??
Thought enrolment event is for tomorrow or is it faculty by faculty?
I'm in sheffield now, accomodation is proving a challenge o,how did u go about it,lets hook up,if possible this evening,I'm at a guest house at attercliffe, hotel Ibis but I can get to anywhere,its urgent o!!!!!
Send me a number I can call u on,
Thanking u in advance for ur anticipated cooperation and help!!!
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by FutureDon(m): 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2012
penfold:
Fully enrolled ke??
Thought enrolment event is for tomorrow or is it faculty by faculty?
I'm in sheffield now, accomodation is proving a challenge o,how did u go about it,lets hook up,if possible this evening,I'm at a guest house at attercliffe, hotel Ibis but I can get to anywhere,its urgent o!!!!!
Send me a number I can call u on,
Thanking u in advance for ur anticipated cooperation and help!!!

Yeah fully enrolled. I have my student ID. I think it's program-based. I'll send you a PM now.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by penfold(m): 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2012
FutureDon:

Yeah fully enrolled. I have my student ID. I think it's program-based. I'll send you a PM now.
Ave replied u o, sent u my number pls reply...so i can call u
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by richeyy(m): 11:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
Arrived Aberdeen on Sunday night (23:45), met with Donxavier (great guy grin ) on Monday, started lectures on Tuesday, will complete my RGU enrolment/orientation/induction/registration on Wednesday (tomorrow). Currently staying in a shared flat with some guys & I intend taking over one of d rooms when one of d guys leave on Thursday; alternatively I'll go for a £100/month semi-room I got close to Aberdeen Uni grin grin . Finally I'll be meeting with a guy tomorrow & getting a construction part time work from him. In all, God has been faithful and I'm indeed very grateful. Uk sweet finally sha grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
richeyy: Arrived Aberdeen on Sunday night (23:45), met with Donxavier (great guy grin ) on Monday, started lectures on Tuesday, will complete my RGU enrolment/orientation/induction/registration on Wednesday (tomorrow). Currently staying in a shared flat with some guys & I intend taking over one of d rooms when one of d guys leave on Thursday; alternatively I'll go for a £100/month semi-room I got close to Aberdeen Uni grin grin . Finally I'll be meeting with a guy tomorrow & getting a construction part time work from him. In all, God has been faithful and I'm indeed very grateful. Uk sweet finally sha grin grin grin

You don even get job before me sef, and your anticipated rent is £100 per month. That is the best deal I have heard since I came to this place. UK sweet true truegringringrin.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by richeyy(m): 11:50pm On Sep 25, 2012
Donxavier:

You don even get job before me sef, and your anticipated rent is £100 per month. That is the best deal I have heard since I came to this place. UK sweet true truegringringrin.

I pray say the construction job thing work out fine ooo cos' it's related to what I'm studying here. I believe God sha, totally Godfident! grin grin
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by omopapa: 10:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
richeyy: Arrived Aberdeen on Sunday night (23:45), met with Donxavier (great guy grin ) on Monday, started lectures on Tuesday, will complete my RGU enrolment/orientation/induction/registration on Wednesday (tomorrow). Currently staying in a shared flat with some guys & I intend taking over one of d rooms when one of d guys leave on Thursday; alternatively I'll go for a £100/month semi-room I got close to Aberdeen Uni grin grin . Finally I'll be meeting with a guy tomorrow & getting a construction part time work from him. In all, God has been faithful and I'm indeed very grateful.[/b] Uk sweet finally sha [b] grin grin grin

Na Ʊ talk am nw o, wen boredom start, no complain o. Jes joking av fun
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by albertseun(m): 8:42am On Sep 27, 2012
Pleas who is goin to london on Oct 30th using Qatar airways, abeg let me asap, its good to av sum1 around....
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 27, 2012
hi, everyone, its been a long time I've been here. well I'm now in Manchester. finally settled. have loads of seminars and presentations to prepare for already and its dreadfully cold. I came across this advert online. opal students which is one of the most expensive student accommodation in the UK is having a price slash. price is from 50 p/w. here is the link.www.opalstudents.com/. take care.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by omopapa: 5:41pm On Sep 27, 2012
honey86: hi, everyone, its been a long time I've been here. well I'm now in Manchester. finally settled. have loads of seminars and presentations to prepare for already and its dreadfully cold. I came across this advert online. opal students which is one of the most expensive student accommodation in the UK is having a price slash. price is from 50 p/w. here is the link.www.opalstudents.com/. take care.

I guess ddis is gud nus lemme check it out ASAP
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 27, 2012
Justwise

You were so right about internships and volunteering being the quickest and easiest way to get a job after studies. Today I had a lengthy discussion with my lecturer on almost everything and he completely alluded to what you said. I remember saying in one of the threads that the UK experience(By that I mean internships and Volunteer work) wasn't all that necessary and this was because that's what my cousin told me. He's been in London now over 6 years and is very brilliant. He only did part time work as a security man when he came and finished with distinction. He got a job straight away at BP after masters and he didn't do any internship or security work.So I just felt he should know better.

Anyway, Im working on getting internships now grin grin grin
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2012
Donxavier: Justwise

You were so right about internships and volunteering being the quickest and easiest way to get a job after studies. Today I had a lengthy discussion with my lecturer on almost everything and he completely alluded to what you said. I remember saying in one of the threads that the UK experience(By that I mean internships and Volunteer work) wasn't all that necessary and this was because that's what my cousin told me. He's been in London now over 6 years and is very brilliant. He only did part time work as a security man when he came and finished with distinction. He got a job straight away at BP after masters and he didn't do any internship or security work.So I just felt he should know better.

Anyway, Im working on getting internships now grin grin grin

People's experiences differs, but internship or volunteering can only be a positive thing on your CV. If you have internship attached to your Msc then go for it though not all universities have internship as part of their Msc.

Student unions do have some volunteering programs (unpaid) but it sometimes lead to paid part time job.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2012
I've had a week of Induction with tips on this same topic.
The emphasis on internships and placements and volunteering is because graduate jobs are highly competitive. Your cousin had the edge because he had a distinction. A former graduate told us that 2.1 are considered a given for BScs now so sometimes the only edge you can put forward is ur work experience

And you would be surprised at the emphasis some employers place on volunteer work

So as much as you aim for a distinction hold internships/volunteering as back up plan.

Dis my school ehn! Even to be a 'volunteer' u go do interview.lol

My course allows a placement in industry for project option so I need to find out those details before I apply for anymore internships 'cause those applications sef na like interview.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by gentleoyink: 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2012
Great thread. Anybody going to University of York?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 02, 2012
University of Hull disappoint me. Which school will admit for January section for top up/undergraduate?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Oyibopepper: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2012
University of Sheffield MPH (public health)

1 Like

Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
Oyibopepper: University of Sheffield MPH (public health)

Welcome
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Oyibopepper: 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2012
Dharkchild:

Welcome

Thank you.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 4:59am On Oct 09, 2012
Justwise

Does getting a job(graduate position,permanent) as an int student automatically mean that the company(your employer) is ready to sponsor you? please what are your experiences....

It's beginning to look like the real advantage of being here is not so much the masters program itself but the opportunities it affords one to interact with prospective employers and the chance to get a job.At least that's how I see it. This past week I have been to 4 recruitment events, very good companies and I have the whole of November and December scheduled to attend one event or the other all in school, all within Aberdeen.

Interestingly, all the employment is literally based on the first degree cheesy.This is amazing.Before i'm done with first semester,the deadline for application would have passed for most of these companies and by Dec/Jan you already know how far if they have taken you to start work Sept 2013
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2012

Does getting a job(graduate position,permanent) as an int student automatically mean that the company(your employer) is ready to sponsor you? please what are your experiences....

It's beginning to look like the real advantage of being here is not so much the masters program itself but the opportunities it affords one to interact with prospective employers and the chance to get a job.At least that's how I see it. This past week I have been to 4 recruitment events, very good companies and I have the whole of November and December scheduled to attend one event or the other all in school, all within Aberdeen.

Interestingly, all the employment is literally based on the first degree cheesy.This is amazing.Before i'm done with first semester,the deadline for application would have passed for most of these companies and by Dec/Jan you already know how far if they have taken you to start work Sept 2013

That is what it means, if they gave you a job as a foreign student then they will assist you with the necessary documents for work permit application.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by dustydee: 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2012
hi, please can I carry peak milk? I saw on the ukba site that dairy products are prohibited. please help. My point of entry is Heathrow. Thanks
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 12, 2012
peak milk is powdered milk so thats fine.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 12, 2012

Interestingly, all the employment is literally based on the first degree cheesy.This is amazing.Before I'm done with first semester,the deadline for application would have passed for most of these companies and by Dec/Jan you already know how far if they have taken you to start work Sept 2013

yep, Thats pretty much what I got from that thread I told you about. Start applying for the grad positions now, this quarter is employment season.
By the way, I saw one internship for your course, will send it to you.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by pharuk: 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
dustydee: hi, please can I carry peak milk? I saw on the ukba site that dairy products are prohibited. please help. My point of entry is Heathrow. Thanks

Serious! ! ! out of everything you think u might need, its peak milk?? all i remember is kanu`s advert some years back.

Pls, u can get peak milk in every town,
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by dustydee: 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2012
before I saw peak milk it took a while and it was very expensive. I will like to carry some if allowed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) / Fatal Accident On Lekki-Epe Express In Lagos (Photos) / Father & Son Die In Accident In Nasarawa On Their Way To Daughter's Wedding (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.