Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session (30029 Views)

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / I'm Planning To Travel To Malaysia For Studies, Please I Need Your Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by dappydaniel: 12:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
dappy daniel: Just Got a notification for Collection. yeepee
Hiya, Collected my Visa today. grin grin
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2012
dappy daniel:

Congrats ...Lot of good news this week... Cheers
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by phlamy(m): 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
is anyone leaving on the 3rd of September to Manchester using KLM. Please get across.Cheers
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
phlamy: is anyone leaving on the 3rd of September to Manchester using KLM. Please get across.Cheers

You guys that will soon be going don't forget to tell us what you're asked at the Port of Entry by the immigration officials.
Make una no go enter Dana grin
Safe Journey Y'all. See you all in Jand.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Macheus(m): 9:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
Hi all,its unfortunate I've not got any one coming to my school,anyway hope am gonna get one soon! Mine is ACCA & MBA in London School of Business and Finance,Manchester campus. Let's go all !!
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 8:05am On Aug 15, 2012
A-ZeD:

quatar airways is cheap but you have to go through Doha and the waiting time can be up to 10hrs. Turkish airways is also cheap but when i wanted to buy, i was told they don't carry students on 1-way.
Try air maroc and klm.
You have always been helpful guy.... We'll get to hang out sometime.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 8:12am On Aug 15, 2012
Donxavier:

You guys that will soon be going don't forget to tell us what you're asked at the Port of Entry by the immigration officials.
No worry, we go fill you in... How far with your own flow nah, when are you due?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 8:13am On Aug 15, 2012
dappy daniel:
Told ya! Congrats!! Leggo!!!
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by FutureDon(m): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2012
@penfold

Any luck with your payment yet? Have you contacted SHU to ascertain if they've received it?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by FutureDon(m): 9:03am On Aug 15, 2012
Dharkchild:

Thanks for the info. pls who its going to Manchester between 10th and 17th?

I intend traveling to Manchester within that period also, my final destination is Sheffield. Seems you are going to Sheffield too? Qatar Airways appears to be the cheapest at the moment, no thanks to the long waiting hours at Doha, Qatar.

I'm awaiting visa approval though. Hopefully, it's going to be good news for us.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by FutureDon(m): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2012
I_am_Fenriz: Lol...omo we plenty wey dey ball out o! But guys, its not a bad idea for us to start discussing what the next step is gonna be after dis MSC o. What is the way forward cos dis UK people are NOT smiling atall !!!!!!

Good point bro.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 9:14am On Aug 15, 2012
FutureDon:

I intend traveling to Manchester within that period also, my final destination is Sheffield. Seems you are going to Sheffield too? Qatar Airways appears to be the cheapest at the moment, no thanks to the long waiting hours at Doha, Qatar.

I'm awaiting visa approval though. Hopefully, it's going to be good news for us.

Nice one bro. Still waiting for visa too, hopefully this week. I would keep you posted. Sheffield uni and SHU are just some mins away from each other by tram.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by FutureDon(m): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2012
Dharkchild:

Nice one bro. Still waiting for visa too, hopefully this week. I would keep you posted. Sheffield uni and SHU are just some mins away from each other by tram.

All the best bro. Keep us posted.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by penfold(m): 10:17am On Aug 15, 2012
FutureDon: @penfold

Any luck with your payment yet? Have you contacted SHU to ascertain if they've received it?
Thanks Pal,I finally got an alert(debit) from 1st bank on friday,after a strongly worded petition to their HQ.I called SHU on monday but they told me that since the bank made the transfer around 4pm,I should wait till today(wed) since it has not reflected in their own account.They also said that since I'm paying the full tution,they'll mail d CAS the day they see the payment.Everything is set o,forms filled,docs ready,except for CAS.....in fact,I HATE FIRST BANK!!!!
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by FutureDon(m): 11:02am On Aug 15, 2012
penfold:
Thanks Pal,I finally got an alert(debit) from 1st bank on friday,after a strongly worded petition to their HQ.I called SHU on monday but they told me that since the bank made the transfer around 4pm,I should wait till today(wed) since it has not reflected in their own account.They also said that since I'm paying the full tution,they'll mail d CAS the day they see the payment.Everything is set o,forms filled,docs ready,except for CAS.....in fact,I HATE FIRST BANK!!!!

Things are looking good since you've received debit alert from First Bank. I'm sure you'll get your CAS as soon as they acknowledge your payment, mine wasn't delayed at all.

I pray you get the CAS this week bro. You can use this period to peruse your already filled forms to make it error-free.

SHU awaits you. All the best!
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by AZeD1(m): 11:11am On Aug 15, 2012
Donxavier:

Keep all documents you submitted to the embassy in your hand lugguage. The questions you will be asked would be around that like, which school, which course.
I was asked for my cas and documents stated on my cas.
You might also be asked if you have a place to stay. If you dont just say a cousin/brother is picking you up at the airport.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 11:49am On Aug 15, 2012
Wherever did people get this thing about KLM being cheap? Or did I check the wrong site? BA, Emirates, Qatar Airways(what with the long wait *sighs* in Doha, Qatar before the flight to London) are about the best to London, although you have to transit in Paris/Madrid, Doha, Dubai, depending on which of the airlines you choose. Please does one need a transit visa to stop at these countries en route the UK?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by FutureDon(m): 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
kunlewoye: Wherever did people get this thing about KLM being cheap? Or did I check the wrong site? BA, Emirates, Qatar Airways(what with the long wait *sighs* in Doha, Qatar before the flight to London) are about the best to London, although you have to transit in Paris/Madrid, Doha, Dubai, depending on which of the airlines you choose. Please does one need a transit visa to stop at these countries en route the UK?

Lol at the KLM being cheap grin I looked it up as well and it was far from being cheap. To the best of my knowledge, you don't need a transit visa to stop at Doha and Dubai airports BUT you won't be allowed to leave the airport during those long waiting hours.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by AZeD1(m): 12:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
kunlewoye: Wherever did people get this thing about KLM being cheap? Or did I check the wrong site? BA, Emirates, Qatar Airways(what with the long wait *sighs* in Doha, Qatar before the flight to London) are about the best to London, although you have to transit in Paris/Madrid, Doha, Dubai, depending on which of the airlines you choose. Please does one need a transit visa to stop at these countries en route the UK?
No
KLM is cheap because you avoid the long wait.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
Klm is cheaper if you booked a return ticket.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
honey86: Klm is cheaper if you booked a return ticket.

true, but i just don't get the logic
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
A-ZeD:

No
KLM is cheap because you avoid the long wait.
I DONT QUITE CATCH THAT O.... ANYONE GOING TO LONDON ON THE 7TH with british airways(IBERIA)? ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE SOME1 TO TALK TO... grin
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 3:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
I HAVE SEEN THAT SO LONG AS YOU HAVE A VALID VISA TO ANY OF THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EEA, YOU ARE GOOD RE: AIRPORT TRANSIT VISA.
AND WHERE IS CAVENCHY? I FORGOT TO MENTION THE GUY IN MY APPRECIATION POST!! GREAT GUY.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by chy22(m): 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hey guys i wanted to book my qatar airways ticket online with my first bank master card but it showed card declined pls those off you who used qatar how did you book. Need help as soon as possible.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 10:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
chy22: Hey guys i wanted to book my qatar airways ticket online with my first bank master card but it showed card declined pls those off you who used qatar how did you book. Need help as soon as possible.
I actually just booked my flight tonight with British Airways(transiting via Madrid) for 7th Sept using a GTBank card. The process was a bit complicated with activation code and mastercard secure code, but I got there in the end. Shouldn't be much trouble if you're conversant with online transactions. You may have to contact your bank.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by anelkachev: 1:51am On Aug 17, 2012
Who is coming to Keele University in September(Stoke on Trent)?Holla at your guy.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by bjohnsen: 9:15am On Aug 17, 2012
Royal Holloway, university of London, MSc. Petroleum Geosciences. Kindly contact me if you are going to the same school.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by MeNutty(f): 10:00am On Aug 17, 2012
My school is in Birmingham, buh am booking an iberia flight to London, got an info from a friend dat d immigration officers at Heathrow may raise issues with me for coming thru London when my school is in Birmingham, pls how true is dis?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 17, 2012
MeNutty: My school is in Birmingham, buh am booking an iberia flight to London, got an info from a friend dat d immigration officers at Heathrow may raise issues with me for coming thru London when my school is in Birmingham, pls how true is dis?

That can't be true. It doesn't even sound reasonable? Is it there business wherever is it you are connecting from? Besides there isn't any direct flight from Lagos to Birmingham. You are going to have to connect somewhere, either Europe(London,Amsterdam,Frankfurt etc) or the Middle East or anywhere depending on the airline.

Let's even assume there's a direct flight, must you come that way. The visa is to the UK, not birmingham alone.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 10:26am On Aug 17, 2012
MeNutty: My school is in Birmingham, buh am booking an iberia flight to London, got an info from a friend dat d immigration officers at Heathrow may raise issues with me for coming thru London when my school is in Birmingham, pls how true is dis?

Not true.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Bolster(m): 10:35am On Aug 17, 2012
MSc Finance and Accounting The University of Sheffield
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by tbaba98: 11:07am On Aug 17, 2012
Dharkchild:

Not true.
That a very big lie who told u that Nigerians sha!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Fatal Accident On Lekki-Epe Express In Lagos (Photos) / Flash Floods In Abeokuta After Heavy Rainfall (Pictures) / Father & Son Die In Accident In Nasarawa On Their Way To Daughter's Wedding (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.