Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session (30041 Views)

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / I'm Planning To Travel To Malaysia For Studies, Please I Need Your Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by EmmaIK: 11:24pm On Aug 22, 2012
Ijeawele: My bro is going to Edinburgh Napier University. Msc Marketing.. So which varsity in Edinburgh are you going and which course?..

Hello. I'm goin to uni of Edinburgh. Are u using private accommodation or skool hostel?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 11:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
salsera: @darkchild
food - little things like plantain chips,indomie noodles Lol
I for instance I am lactose intolerant so I packed plenty Peak milk powder cos thats what works for me

And though you can always buy clothes here there is no point wasting money on staples like jeans

Dont stress over it jare - keep it light, you can find almost everything in the UK apart from good suya

Thanks for the info Salsera..... I would definitely miss my suya embarassed
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by johnwisdom10(m): 12:19am On Aug 23, 2012
please any on going to coventry uni in uk here should let me know cos i will like toask some little questions.......
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by tbaba98: 1:13am On Aug 23, 2012
johnwisdom10: please any on going to coventry uni in uk here should let me know cos i will like toask some little questions.......
my twin bro has gotten to coventry uni and just moved into his private accommodation
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by AZeD1(m): 10:54am On Aug 23, 2012
johnwisdom10: please any on going to coventry uni in uk here should let me know cos i will like toask some little questions.......
i'm in coventry
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by chukyrooy(m): 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2012
I submitted my application on the 30th of July, just picked it up today. I want to say a big thank you to everybody and wish others Goodluck. *dancing etighi on the road
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
chukyrooy: I submitted my application on the 30th of July, just picked it up today. I want to say a big thank you to everybody and wish others Goodluck. *dancing etighi on the road
Congrats!
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by kunlewoye(m): 2:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
Is it advisable for one to carry cash(equivalent of more than 10,000Euros) to the UK in order to open a UK account thereby avoiding all the excessive bank Int'l transfer charges? I know one has to declare this by filling a certain form. Has anyone been here before?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Ijeawele(m): 5:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
EmmaIK:

Hello. I'm goin to uni of Edinburgh. Are u using private accommodation or skool hostel?
He is using private accomodation.. Although, i think he hasn't gotten one yet.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by johnwisdom10(m): 8:35am On Aug 24, 2012
how did he do that please.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by johnwisdom10(m): 8:38am On Aug 24, 2012
how did you go about that.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Spyker: 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2012
Cranfield University, MSc. Renewable Energy Technology, awaiting my visa. I wonder why after reading all this post, no one is going to Cranfield, hmm, hope i won't be the only black man in this school.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by tbaba98: 12:07am On Aug 26, 2012
Any De montfort uni student here?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by johnwisdom10(m): 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2012
any body going to coventry here.
Reply me now..... smiley smiley[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by johnwisdom10(m): 7:30am On Aug 28, 2012
tbaba please can u reply me....
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by tbaba98: 8:44am On Aug 28, 2012
johnwisdom10: tbaba please can u reply me....
hey what up my twin bro is now in coventry uni.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by johnwisdom10(m): 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2012
did he went through UCAS..please tell me how he gain admission into coventry....
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by ikcbn(m): 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2012
@Darkchild,FutureDon,Penfold and those heading 2 Sheffield

Sup wit accommodation? I intend doing private bt would luv 2 join up wit anyone frm this forum who also wants 2 do private so we could b together ova dia in UK and watch each others back and get 2 overcome ϑaτ̅ spirit of loneliness. More especially, d̶̲̥̅̊ rent would b more economical 4 us. Plz any interested individual should link me up wink
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2012
ikcbn: @Darkchild,FutureDon,Penfold and those heading 2 Sheffield

Sup wit accommodation? I intend doing private bt would luv 2 join up wit anyone frm this forum who also wants 2 do private so we could b together ova dia in UK and watch each others back and get 2 overcome ϑaτ̅ spirit of loneliness. More especially, d̶̲̥̅̊ rent would b more economical 4 us. Plz any interested individual should link me up wink

I would be going private bro, but ve been speaking with a landlord in Sheffield and would meet him for viewing when I get there so if 'm okay with it I would sign up the contract.

I would keep you posted which ever way it goes, but it would be cool if you could actually team up with someone to get an apartment. Lots of private apartment are actually available for rent within walking distance from school and done even prefer renting it to a group of students as opposed to individuals.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2012
By any coincidence, is anyone travelling to Manchester via klm on the 11th?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dharkchild:

I would be going private bro, but ve been speaking with a landlord in Sheffield and would meet him for viewing when I get there so if 'm okay with it I would sign up the contract.

I would keep you posted which ever way it goes, but it would be cool if you could actually team up with someone to get an apartment. Lots of private apartment are actually available for rent within walking distance from school and done even prefer renting it to a group of students as opposed to individuals.

Yes its a good idea but never sign group tenancy agreement, always insist on signing individual agreement.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
justwise: [/b]

Yes its a good idea but never sign group tenancy agreement, always insist on signing individual agreement.

Ooh, thanks Alot. Noted
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dharkchild:

Ooh, thanks Alot. Noted

The prob with group tenancy agreement is....if one person moves out then the rest will have to pay for the empty room, but if its individual then the landlord will have to look for somebody to take up the room.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by ikcbn(m): 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dharkchild:

Tanx bro bt plz do not fail 2 get back 2 me after viewing d̶̲̥̅̊ room wen U̶̲̥̅̊ get there cos there might b an empty room there that would interest me. I would probably b arriving late towards d̶̲̥̅̊ end of sept. So do keep me posted beta still link me up wit d̶̲̥̅̊ landlord via email so i could talk 2 him and make reservations if nececessary or perphaps he could help me secure one or link me wit one of his colleagues
Tanx 4 d̶̲̥̅̊ help.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by FutureDon(m): 5:41pm On Aug 30, 2012
ikcbn: @Darkchild,FutureDon,Penfold and those heading 2 Sheffield

I would def be doing private too. No arrangement yet, not until I get to Sheffield.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2012
Macheus: Hi all,its unfortunate I've not got any one coming to my school,anyway hope am gonna get one soon! Mine is ACCA & MBA in London School of Business and Finance,Manchester campus. Let's go all !!
Have you sorted out accommodation?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
ikcbn:

Tanx bro bt plz do not fail 2 get back 2 me after viewing d̶̲̥̅̊ room wen U̶̲̥̅̊ get there cos there might b an empty room there that would interest me. I would probably b arriving late towards d̶̲̥̅̊ end of sept. So do keep me posted beta still link me up wit d̶̲̥̅̊ landlord via email so i could talk 2 him and make reservations if nececessary or perphaps he could help me secure one or link me wit one of his colleagues
Tanx 4 d̶̲̥̅̊ help.

Aiight bro. PS don't make any payment or sign a contract till you have seen the property yourself. I learnt that from here.

I took a risk by making a deposit of 200 pounds(50k) to secure the accommodation I wanted based on a friends recommendation, but if eventually I do not like the apartment then I have to forfeit my money. That's not the kind of risk I would want to take another time, but we keep learning

I would send you some website where you could search for apartment and arrange for viewing when you get to Sheffield. I would also try to view done apartment when I get there, but remember taste differs and no contracts or financial commitment except you are willing to bear the consequences if any
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 5:48pm On Aug 30, 2012
FutureDon:

I would def be doing private too. No arrangement yet, not until I get to Sheffield.

When are you travelling bro?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Dharkchild: 5:51pm On Aug 30, 2012
justwise:

The prob with group tenancy agreement is....if one person moves out then the rest will have to pay for the empty room, but if its individual then the landlord will have to look for somebody to take up the room.

didn't think of this, thanks for pointing it out. Those going for private accommodation pls take note. I also learnt it is better to take accommodation with bills inclusive rather than paying bills every month.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dharkchild: By any coincidence, is anyone travelling to Manchester via klm on the 11th?
I'll be going on the 11th but thru iberia. When are you taking off?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dharkchild:

Aiight bro. PS don't make any payment or sign a contract till you have seen the property yourself. I learnt that from here.

I took a risk by making a deposit of 200 pounds(50k) to secure the accommodation I wanted based on a friends recommendation, but if eventually I do not like the apartment then I have to forfeit my money. That's not the kind of risk I would want to take another time, but we keep learning

I would send you some website where you could search for apartment and arrange for viewing when you get to Sheffield. I would also try to view done apartment when I get there, but remember taste differs and no contracts or financial commitment except you are willing to bear the consequences if any
Sorry for your loss. I can remember that justwise warned you not to pay for an accomodation you have not seen but you did. Wish you had listened.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
Dharkchild:

didn't think of this, thanks for pointing it out. Those going for private accommodation pls take note. I also learnt it is better to take accommodation with bills inclusive rather than paying bills every month.

You can get bill inclusive from £250-£300 for double bedroom a month there in south Yorkshire, for single bedrooms you may get between £170-220 a month, it depends on how good the accommodation is and the distance to university and city center.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

How VIPs are violating flight restriction / Man Escapes Death From Accident After Car Somersaulted 4 Times (pics) / China Launches World's First Trackless And Virtual Lines Trains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.