Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,327 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? (52047 Views)

Lets Help One Another: How Did You Overcome Your Challenges ? / How Did Your Eid-ul-kabir Go? / Does Islam Come From The Decendants Of Ishmael The First Son Of Abraham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by LagosShia: 11:27pm On Aug 09, 2012
tiarabubu:

O hypocrite, are all those verses you quoted to run away from issues part of the title of the thread? At least me I am talking of the Jihad wars. To reply, you were busy quoting numbers and judges. What, LagosShia, has those biblical verses got to do with how Islam came to nigeria? undecided

Hope you are ok?

are you ashamed of those verses? grin

this goes to show who truly is the hypocrite.talking about "jihad" and always nagging about it to attack Islam,when the terror is in the bible.
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by tiarabubu: 11:36pm On Aug 09, 2012
you dodged the question yet AGAIN! Typical LagosShia! grin

Typical of you to quote verses out of context to suit your wrapped reasoning - usually done at a time when your confusion is made clear and you lack anything else to say. I wouldn't fall for your bait to derail from the issue at hand! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by tiarabubu: 11:39pm On Aug 09, 2012
fellis: I don't know. I have never really taken note of your posts before.

And yet you said "I never knew tiarabubu was female. . . ."

What? You see me in your dreams abi? shocked
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by LagosShia: 12:20am On Aug 10, 2012
tiarabubu: you dodged the question yet AGAIN! Typical LagosShia! grin

Typical of you to quote verses out of context to suit your wrapped reasoning - usually done at a time when your confusion is made clear and you lack anything else to say. I wouldn't fall for your bait to derail from the issue at hand! grin grin grin grin grin

tik-tok tik-tok tik-tok tik-tok tik-tok tik-tok tik-tok tik-tok tik-tok cheesy
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 10, 2012
tiarabubu:

And yet you said "I never knew tiarabubu was female. . . ."

What? You see me in your dreams abi? shocked
LagosShia, maybe you should stop engaging this person in argument. She isn't very bright.
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by LagosShia: 12:42am On Aug 10, 2012
fellis:
LagosShia, maybe you should stop engaging this person in argument. She isn't very bright.

She is her royal highness, Princess Dumbness,the 1st.nairaland's chief advocate in justifying dumbness. grin
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by tiarabubu: 1:17am On Aug 10, 2012
As usual when you guys have nothing to say, you do the next best thing; insults, cast aspersions, or (LagosShia's favourite) derail.

I will be available to prevent you guys from running amok. It will hurt that you can't just peddle stories from just your wrapped perspective. Better start learning to live with it. Kpele grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You guys better face the OP and his quest and dont use me as a diversion to RUN from the issues as you are used to grin
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by LagosShia: 1:56am On Aug 10, 2012
tiarabubu: As usual when you guys have nothing to say, you do the next best thing; insults, cast aspersions, or (LagosShia's favourite) derail.

I will be available to prevent you guys from running amok. It will hurt that you can't just peddle stories from just your wrapped perspective. Better start learning to live with it. Kpele grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You guys better face the OP and his quest and dont use me as a diversion to RUN from the issues as you are used to grin

Madam Dan Fodio,have you forgotten just within 2 pages you were the one who poked her noise here on Dan Fodio,after you were exposed to be a big liar?
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by BetaThings: 3:15am On Aug 10, 2012
Cheers01:

1) Who said you were fazed? Lol guilty conscience! Fellis is shaken.

2) Of course, mutilation is not allowed in islam and that is why many blacks were made Eunuch before reaching Arab homelands.
Of course ritual killing is not allowed in Nigeria and that is why we see many victims of ritual killing in Nigeria
And of course every Arab is a muslim
And no muslim is ever disobedient of the laws of Islam
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by BetaThings: 5:33am On Aug 10, 2012
Cheers01:

3) Contents of a religion that regulates slavery? Please, tell me the punishment for slavery in the Quran. There is punishment for stealing and adultery, what is the punishment for slavery? Is slavery rebuked as an evil practice in the Quran.

Tell me the punishment for slavery in the Quran fellis. Tell me and I will become mulsim today. I will become a muslim and stop my foolish atheist ways

Narrated FROM Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah says: ‘There are three whose opponent I will be on the Day of Resurrection: a man who makes a promise in My name then breaks his word, a man who sells a free man and consumes his price, and a man who employs another and benefits from him (his labour), then does not give him his wages.’” al-Bukhaari

Narrated Abu Dhar: I asked the Prophet, "What is the best deed?" He replied, "To believe in Allah and to fight for His Cause." I then asked, "What is the best kind of manumission (of slaves)?" He replied, "The manumission of the most expensive slave and the most beloved by his master." I said, "If I cannot afford to do that?" He said, "Help the weak or do good for a person who cannot work for himself." I said, "If I cannot do that?" He said, "Refrain from harming others for this will be regarded as a charitable deed for your own good." al-Bukhaari
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by tiarabubu: 7:55am On Aug 10, 2012
LagosShia:

Madam Dan Fodio,have you forgotten just within 2 pages you were the one who poked her noise here on Dan Fodio,after you were exposed to be a big liar?

Sorry I didn't realize nairaland is no more a public forum but exclusive to LagosShia and his friends. cry

If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. grin
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 10, 2012
tiarabubu:
If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. grin
Ya. And maybe you should return back to the kitchen where you belong.
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by maclatunji: 10:01am On Aug 10, 2012
Ladies, cool it!
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by tiarabubu: 11:54am On Aug 10, 2012
Ya. And maybe you should return back to the kitchen where you belong

Hehehehehe, I don't "belong" to the kitchen.

There is surely no further eloquent testimony to demostrate that you guys are locked in the 18th Century!!!! lipsrsealed Even I couldn't have put it more succinctly! Well done grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 10, 2012
tiarabubu:

Hehehehehe, I don't "belong" to the kitchen.

Bla bla bla
That's what you think.
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by thirty(m): 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2012
tiarabubu:

O hypocrite, are all those verses you quoted to run away from issues part of the title of the thread? At least me I am talking of the Jihad wars. To reply, you were busy quoting numbers and judges. What, LagosShia, has those biblical verses got to do with how Islam came to nigeria? undecided

Hope you are ok?

you are too insultive. someone is trying to put you through.

Answer this, How did christianity came to Nigeria? your religion recorded the worst history interm of brutality

ask me more sister 'INSULT'
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by tiarabubu: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
thirty:

you are too insultive. someone is trying to put you through.

Answer this, How did christianity came to Nigeria? your religion recorded the worsthistory interm of brutality

ask me more sister 'INSULT'

So I am insultive? What would you call LagosShia who called me "ashewo". Are you not being hypocritical? Or am I being insultive again? Better check the meaning of the word. It helps. lipsrsealed
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by LagosShia: 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2012
tiarabubu:

So I am insultive? What would you call LagosShia who called me "ashewo". Are you not being hypocritical? Or am I being insultive again? Better check the meaning of the word. It helps. lipsrsealed

you have lied again.

please check my post and read again so you may understand what i typed.i did not call you personally "ashewo".and even if i did,i won't deny my action.but lying is your habit and you attribute to people what you imagine.
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by maclatunji: 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
All right guys, stop bickering already.
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by tiarabubu: 10:57pm On Aug 10, 2012
LagosShia:

you have lied again.

please check my post and read again so you may understand what i typed.i did not call you personally "ashewo".and even if i did,i won't deny my action.but lying is your habit and you attribute to people what you imagine.

Who then did you call "ashewo"? My shadow abi?

Tell me the word "ashewo" was not amoung the tirade you made against me? Say the truth and shame the devil.

Madam,i'm forced to call your shamelessness "an online intellectual ashewo" (ashewo stands for pro$titute just in case you do not know).you are a very shameless person ....

Do you need glasses?

I try to DEBUNK your untruthful statements by quoting facts and sources so that all can see (which I confess, with you is so easy) You cant debate issues straight and clear insulting people here and there. i have read your threads and seen that you curses very easily. So, I am not the bit surprised. I only pity you cos I am sure thats the way you relate with others. Its a big pity really.

@ Maclatunji
OK, I don cease fire. Sorry could help this parting shot grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by LagosShia: 11:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
she doesn't even feel the shame that she is openly lying and putting words into my mouth.i described her shamelessness as "an online intellectual ashewo".now she is claiming i called her (as in personally) an ashewo.

i now see why you people read your bible in plain english and still do not understand what you're reading.

you need to cease fire from lying.

tiarabubu:

Who then did you call "ashewo"? My shadow abi?

Tell me the word "ashewo" was not amoung the tirade you made against me? Say the truth and shame the devil.

Madam,i'm forced to call your shamelessness "an online intellectual ashewo" (ashewo stands for pro$titute just in case you do not know).you are a very shameless person ....

Do you need glasses?

I try to DEBUNK your untruthful statements by quoting facts and sources so that all can see (which I confess, with you is so easy) You cant debate issues straight and clear insulting people here and there. i have read your threads and seen that you curses very easily. So, I am not the bit surprised. I only pity you cos I am sure thats the way you relate with others. Its a big pity really.

@ Maclatunji
OK, I don cease fire. Sorry could help this parting shot grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by maclatunji: 11:17pm On Aug 10, 2012
Enough bickering. I think the two of you have a thing for each other. You just don't realise it yet.

My subconscioness says so.
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by LagosShia: 11:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
maclatunji: Enough bickering. I think the two of you have a thing for each other. You just don't realise it yet.

tiarabubu thinks its only her that can argue and try to raise trivial imaginative points.

me i do not mind having a thing for her.if she would agree to become second or third wife,there is no problem if upon study she is fit.and better still,since i am Shia (unlike my Sunni brothers),i and she can try out mut'a for just a week (if the conditions are met). grin
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by maclatunji: 11:37pm On Aug 10, 2012
LagosShia:

tiarabubu thinks its only her that can argue and try to raise trivial imaginative points.

me i do not mind having a thing for her.if she would agree to become second or third wife,there is no problem if upon study she is fit.and better still,since i am Shia (unlike my Sunni brothers),i and she can try out mut'a for just a week (if the conditions are met). grin

Holy Macaroni! I tells you this my subconscious is a real piece of work!
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by LagosShia: 11:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
maclatunji:

Holy Macaroni! I tells you this my subconscious is a real piece of work!

hahaha...i was just kidding O.leave macaroni out of this.tiarabubu is too stubborn for macaroni.na only yam would do her and fill her belly! grin
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 11, 2012
grin

Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 11, 2012
LagosShia:

I hope this is a joke.
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by maclatunji: 5:47am On Aug 11, 2012
E_monkey: grin

At least they have stopped bickering and you as well.
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by MacDaddy01: 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2012
LagosShia:

dont mind him jare!

he thinks he is smart.he wants us to believe that Islam is an "arab religion".no it is not.even if arabs partake in whatever nonsense and broke the rules of the religion,Islam is not responsible for their misdeeds.

christianity can be said to have caused slavery because colonization brought christianity and slavery.but there was no arab colonization here.

colonization====>christianity====>slavery

arabs====================>trades====>preaching====>Islam
"
"(few arabs)
"
"slave trade

anyways,Mr. logicboy aka Cheers01 aka MacDaddy can think whatever.

Islam is sweet and we like it the way it is.

thanks for the concern. kiss kiss kiss

You know, from debating you, I have learnt to set up traps because you lie so much. It's a good thing that I used "Arabs" and not "muslim Arabs" so that you could lie and everyone can see you for who you are.

You see, the conquering Arabs were mostly muslims. Infact, conquering was done while spreading islam.

Everyone can see that you're a liar.

Can you remind me the punishment for slavery in islam?
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by tiarabubu: 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2012
maclatunji: Enough bickering. I think the two of you have a thing for each other. You just don't realise it yet.

grin grin grin

No comment. This board is rated PG! lol!
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by LagosShia: 12:07am On Aug 12, 2012
MacDaddy01:

You know, from debating you, I have learnt to set up traps because you lie so much. It's a good thing that I used "Arabs" and not "muslim Arabs" so that you could lie and everyone can see you for who you are.

You see, the conquering Arabs were mostly muslims. Infact, conquering was done while spreading islam.

Everyone can see that you're a liar.

Can you remind me the punishment for slavery in islam?

how did you know they were "mostly" muslims? why did you not say they were all muslims? therefore if you're yourself saying "most" (meaning not all were muslims) then why am i lying to state a similar possibility?

i have also explained to you that history records no conquest or arab military presence in sub-saharan africa to spread Islam.history holds that islam in sub-saharan africa and south-east asia spread peacefully without any conquest or resistance put up by the local populations.

as for punishment for slavery,i have answered you previous and even stated the punishment:
https://www.nairaland.com/998816/honest-question-muhammad-pbuh/1#11553687
Re: How Did Islam Come To Nigeria? by MacDaddy01: 1:11am On Aug 12, 2012
LagosShia:

how did you know they were "mostly" muslims? why did you not say they were all muslims? therefore if you're yourself saying "most" (meaning not all were muslims) then why am i lying to state a similar possibility?

i have also explained to you that history records no conquest or arab military presence in sub-saharan africa to spread Islam.history holds that islam in sub-saharan africa and south-east asia spread peacefully without any conquest or resistance put up by the local populations.

as for punishment for slavery,i have answered you previous and even stated the punishment:
https://www.nairaland.com/998816/honest-question-muhammad-pbuh/1#11553687

1) Why is it so hard to answer a simple question? Punishment for adultery is flogging, according to the Quran. What is the punishment for slavery?

2) It is only in the mind of a brainwashed person that 11- 17 million black slaves were taken peacefully. That is the amount of slaves taken by muslim Arabs. Have you tried to enslave someone before? Is it a peaceful process?

3) How do I know that the Arabs were mostly muslims?

a)The spread of Islam wherever they were involved in slave trade; Kano, Borno, Chad, Salaga etc. If the majority of slave traders were non-muslims, how is it that it wasnt Arab paganism that spread?
b)The fact that it is widely reported in history books and reliable websites that Islam played a major role in African slavery.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/history/slavery_1.shtml#h4
http://africanhistory.about.com/od/slavery/a/IslamRoleSlavery01.htm

4) What military records are you looking for? Slaves were gained through conquests. We are not discussing Muhammad's military tactics here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of New Jummat Mosque Built By Igbo Muslims In Owerri / Eid Ul Fitri: Barka Da Sallah / Saudi Prince Blames African Pilgrims For The Stampede In Mecca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.