Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge (10755 Views)

MTEF: FEC Approves N6tr Expenditure For 2016 / The Set Stage Of The FEC Banquet Ahead Of Cabinet Swearing In / The Truth About The Second Niger Bridge-Chibuzo N. Ziggy Azike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Kobojunkie: 11:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: It is not who awards contract onn Newpaper pages but who executes the projects that count. GEJ will take all the credit for projects executed on his watch on all newspapers and in person when he goes to commission them.If i hear OBJ again... angry

@Junkie, any type of peace Aboki want, even sef, it can be pieces.

Since when did BokoHaram represent the view of all Hausas? Have you ever met an Hausa man/woman in your life? undecided
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:01am On Aug 10, 2012
GAR3TH:

Then in that case, according to your way of thinking, obasanjo, yar'adua and GEJ get credit for the road since it took place under their watch as well. I dont hate GEJ, I actually like they guy, but what I really hate are these GEJ brainwashed drones who continue to type rubbish. If anything these clueless drones are just ruining GEJ's image on the internet.
Kobojunkie:

Since when did BokoHaram represent the view of all Hausas? Have you ever met an Hausa man/woman in your life? undecided
lollz! na 2day! Oya nau!

Can we leave the dead and talk about the living? angry

@ Junkie the Arewa Elder are best positioned to answer dat.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 10, 2012
sheyguy: N328m? Is it going be a wooden brigde?
nah i believe its bamboo
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by mojounited(m): 12:07am On Aug 10, 2012
I thought this 2nd Niger Bridge was already designed and modeled...? undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXRW2pSuHpo
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by GAR3TH(m): 12:08am On Aug 10, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Arewa Elder? You do realize that i'm Esan right?

There is nothing wrong in fact checking or holding someone accountable.

BTW the video posted above is from one my youtube channels.smiley
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Kobojunkie: 12:08am On Aug 10, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:
lollz! na 2day! Oya nau!

Can we leave the dead and talk about the living?

The dead deserve justice, don't you think? And the living also want to see justice done since we are

a) A democractic Republic
b) People believe that Security is still their human right

Since when did , Arewa, like MASSOB, begin to represent the very will of the people?
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:09am On Aug 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:
The dead deserve justice, don't you think? And the living also want to see justice done since we are

a) A democractic Republic
b) People believe that Security is still their human right

Since when did , Arewa, like MASSOB, begin to represent the very will of the people?

It won't be much of a security/Justice wen Nigeria becomes Congo or Somalia. I mean, their is development right across the country. Can you say the same for Somalia? Wen has any one ever been secure from Aboki murder spree in Nigeria or is that a new phenomenon? So Arewa Elders are now equivalent to MASSOB. lol grin grin

As for the dead taking credit for wat dey where not around to build, u are on your own.That na kolomental.Oh i forgot Naija na Kolomental. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Kobojunkie: 1:28am On Aug 10, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

It won't be much of a security/Justice wen Nigeria becomes Congo or Somalia. I mean, their is development right across the country. Can you say the same for Somalia? Wen has any one ever been secure from Aboki murder spree in Nigeria or is that a new phenomenon? So Arewa Elders are now equivalent to MASSOB. lol grin grin

As for the dead taking credit for wat dey where not around to build, u are on your own.That na kolomental.Oh i forgot Naija na Kolomental. lipsrsealed

So we should give up on expecting the President, given almost $3 billion dollars in the last 2 years + for this very task, to solve security in Nigeria? if his ethnicity is what is in the way of doing his job, what good is he to Nigeria? The hundreds of people who are dying on a regular basis most certainly will think it a stupid idea for them to continue loosing life and limb just so we continue to maintain a man who puts ethnicity before the rights of the people.

On Arewa, you tell me, when has Arewa not been the MASSOB, or ODUA equivalent in the other area? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:44am On Aug 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

So we should give up on expecting the President, given almost $3 billion dollars in the last 2 years + for this very task, to solve security in Nigeria? if his ethnicity is what is in the way of doing his job, what good is he to Nigeria? [/b]The hundreds of people who are dying on a regular basis most certainly will think it a stupid idea for them to continue loosing life and limb just so we continue to maintain a man who puts [b]ethnicity before the rights of the people.

On Arewa, you tell me, when has Arewa not been the MASSOB, or ODUA equivalent in the other area? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Notice how many times Ethnicity comes into your write-up wen referring to GEJ. Ethnicity is key to the issues strong critics of GEJ like yourself have against him. This is a personal issue or a crowded mentality issue, that an individual or group have to reprimand, likewise in the case of religious fanatics.

Nigeria can never work if the components can't rise above Ethnicity and Religious bigotry. We can all go our way and enjoy watever peace or pieces we find in our various ethnic or religious groups.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Kobojunkie: 1:52am On Aug 10, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Notice how many times Ethnicity comes into your write-up wen referring to GEJ. Ethnicity is key to the issues strong critics of GEJ like yourself have against him. This is a personal issues or a crowded mentality that an individual or group have to reprimand like in the case of religious fanatics.

Nigeria can never work if the components can't rise above Ethnicity and Religious bigotry. We can all go our way and enjoy watever peace or pieces we find in our various ethnic or religious groups.

Let me correct you there! you brought ethnicity into this and made sure to MAINTAIN a place of importance for it in this discussion. I am just trying to understand how anyone referring to the Presidential seat would think that ethnicity should play a pivotal role in how he deals with the security situation affecting Nigerians across the Nation.

You forget that even in places other than the north, the security situation has equally deteriorated to an extent that people are not sure if they will make it back home at the end of their day. This man was given $3 billion (or there about) to deal with the secxurity situation countrywide and I am trying to understand how anyone can simply conclude that the reason why even the State police System across country remains in shambles, is because of Jonathan's attention to his ethnicity and how it holds him back from doing his job in some way.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:59am On Aug 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Let me correct you there! you brought ethnicity into this and made sure to MAINTAIN a place of importance for it in this discussion. I am just trying to understand how anyone referring to the Presidential seat would think that ethnicity should play a pivotal role in how he deals with the security situation affecting Nigerians across the Nation.

You forget that even in places other than the north, the security situation has equally deteriorated to an extent that people are not sure if they will make it back home at the end of their day. This man was given $3 billion (or there about) to deal with the secxurity situation countrywide and I am trying to understand how anyone can simply conclude that the reason why even the State police System across country remains in shambles, is because of Jonathan's attention to his ethnicity and how it holds him back from doing his job in some way.

And to which of my post are u referring? Boldly quote?
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Kobojunkie: 3:44am On Aug 10, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Well, that was the calculation of the Northern culprits behind the Murders. Can't blame Jonathan for applying wisdom. The man is not a Murderer.

This is where I noticed the trend. You concluded that the culprits are all northern

Kobojunkie:

You don't blame Jonathan for applying wisdom? Those who are getting killed left and right are not all northerners and if you have not read yet, it is slowly moving southwards. . . as opposed to this time last year when it remained in the north proper.

Bliss4Lyfe:

Kogi is not new to terror attack likewise benue. These are middle belt territories like Kwara and Niger and Plateau or Abuja. The Aboki believes rightly or wrongly that they are Northerners and should be muslims, hence the attacks. Igbos on the other hand have made it clear that they rather all perish than join islam, so we are enemies.This is the situation in Nigeria.

Jonathan could make the content in the pot of Nigeria boil by turning up the heat, but he has choosen not to do so, but to let peace reign and manage the conflict. Now that is leadership. No sentiment.
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . . Have you ever really met anyone from Benue? Cause I have a friend who is from Benue and She will tell you that they are also Ibos. Why you would consider those from Benue and Kogi to be Hausas eludes me. Also, I school in Kwara, and can tell you that Kwara people, even @Jarus on Nairaland, are not all really Hausas. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What peace is reigning? What peace do you speak of?
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by OmoLisabi(m): 4:52am On Aug 10, 2012
Kobojunkie:

This is where I noticed the trend. You concluded that the culprits are all northern
That is the hypocrisy over here o.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by coolted(m): 8:37am On Aug 10, 2012
Malawian: the N328m is not for the construction proper but for the engineering design. After an architect has drafted a plan, a structural engineer will still analyse and design the structure to withstand everything like wind load, dead and imposed load, amongst others. I am a structural engineer, and one of the ways to save money is by calling for bids and even charging for such bids. That is where the FG got it wrong. Rather than spend money to design, they could have made money by just looking at other bidder's designs and charging them to do so. Usually, the best and cost effective designs wins the construction job, and that is how the bidders make their own money. It also prevents them from overcharging for the project.

these shows that we have brainless n clueless leaders. *hiss*
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by lukecent: 9:39am On Aug 10, 2012
sheyguy: N328m? Is it going be a wooden brigde?
Planning & design is what wz written there, nt construction.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by ChineduNlem(m): 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2012
Malawian: the N328m is not for the construction proper but for the engineering design. After an architect has drafted a plan, a structural engineer will still analyse and design the structure to withstand everything like wind load, dead and imposed load, amongst others. I am a structural engineer, and one of the ways to save money is by calling for bids and even charging for such bids. That is where the FG got it wrong. Rather than spend money to design, they could have made money by just looking at other bidder's designs and charging them to do so. Usually, the best and cost effective designs wins the construction job, and that is how the bidders make their own money. It also prevents them from overcharging for the project.
i'm a struct engr too i studied under the great Onyeyili in unizik. May i correct you that architects don't design bridges anywhere, it's us. They want to get in the game by all means but they don't know jack about bridges. They should make do with their box buildings.
Re: FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge by Malawian(m): 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
Chinedu Nlem: i'm a struct engr too i studied under the great Onyeyili in unizik. May i correct you that architects don't design bridges anywhere, it's us. They want to get in the game by all means but they don't know jack about bridges. They should make do with their box buildings.
ofcouse i know that architects dont draft bridges. I just used the analogy for the uninformed who might only know about building plans alone and not also about structural engineer's detailing. Bridge engineering was my required course. "Engineering - God's own profession" lol. I hail you o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nwobike Paid N750,000 In Justice Yunusa’s Account - Witness / Bad Roads: You’ve Not Been Fair To Ogun - Dapo Abiodun Tells FG / Violence Not Peculiar To Nigeria - Presidency Responds To Daily Trust Editorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.