Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,015 members, 7,806,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call (17224 Views)

Doyin Okupe Blasts Osinbajo:"You Lied In Church That Jonathan Built No Road'(pic / Doyin Okupe Blasts Critics Of Femi Adesina’s ‘wailing Wailers’ Christmas Message / Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Beaf: 11:33pm On Aug 08, 2012
[size=14pt]Okupe blasts El-Rufai, Tunde Bakare over calls for Jonathan resignation[/size]
By Victor Iluyemi
August 8, 2012 22:36:51pm GMT

Abuja (WorldStage Newsonline)-- The newly appointed Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, on Wednesday discribed the former FCT Minister, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai as a derailed or deranged politician.

He also did not spear the Vice Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the 2011 election, Pastor Tunde Bakare who he advised to stop hiding behind the pulpit.

El-Rufai recently called for the resignation of President Goodluck Jonathan if he (the President) could not solve the ongoing security challenges in the country.

But the SSA said no responsible citizen will call on the President to quit in the face of insurgency at a time when all hands should be on deck to defeat the common enemies.

He argued that it is a well known fact that issue of insurgency is a very difficult national problem. “It is not anything peculiar to Nigeria. No responsible citizen of any of those countries affected by insurgency before call on their Presidents to resign,” he said.

He also warned against the manipulation of the present security situation in the country by politicians for selfish purposes.

The SSA also faulted the former Minister's criticism of the president's reliance on citizens for information on terrorist activities.

He said, "El-Rufai is my younger brother. I have so much respect for him. But politics is more or less derailing or deranging him.

"Everybody knows that insurgency is a very difficult national problem. It is not anything peculiar to Nigeria. No responsible citizen of any of those countries affected by insurgency before call on their Presidents to resign.

"When he talks about intelligence, there is no better security in any country than by the people of the country. It is communal security that will help government and security agencies to root out insurgence. If people shielded insurgents, they make the works of security agencies more difficult. "Can President Goodluck Jonathan be in Borno and everywhere at the same time? I believe that people just want to play politics. All what you are hearing is just the manipulation of the present situation to suit their political purposes.

"I am sure that my brother, El-Rufai is hopeful to be a presidential candidate of one of the parties very soon. What I will expect him to do with the level of intellect, intelligence and the resource that has been given to his own personal education is to come out with some reasonable plans, some suggestions, and not just criticising government for criticising sake.

"If El-Rufai was President of Nigeria, what will he do? Why don’t he say that? Or is he keeping that until when he becomes the President by which time the whole country is wiped off? When tragedy befalls a country, responsible men and women of that country forget partisanship and rally round their nation and they try their best to help existing government to tackle that. Once that is over, they go back to politics.

"This is not time for politics. Every man or woman who politicises this issue of Boko haram, people should disregard and discard whatever information they hear from them. They are not serious-minded people."

On pastor Bakare, he said " Pastor Bakare also falls into that category. It is shameful. You cannot convert the pulpit to a podium.

"If you want to be a politician, please come out.”

"Pastor Bakare came into politics a few years ago and he became a vice presidential candidate of a major political party, some of us have been in politics for 30 years and we did not even become a governor and we did not say the country must come down, that is unfair. It is unacceptable."

He also accused Pastor Bakare of insincerity and obviously playing to the gallery, insisting that "Boko Haram is something that evolved suddenly in the early part of the life span of this administration. Internal insurgency is not peculiar to Nigeria, it has happened in Oman, Sri lanka, Vietnam, Great Britain, Philippines, Kenya and Iraq.

"I wish to advice that if Pastor Bakare will be fair, he should come out properly to the political Arena and stop using God's Pulpit to throw stones at Gods elect, as no leader will emerge in any praying nation like Nigeria without the blessing of God", Okupe said

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=5622&catid=8

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 08, 2012
Okupe, Okupe and Okupe!!! This "attack dog" appears to be virulent.
Abati has now effectively been reduced to a speech writer.

1 Like

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by asha80(m): 11:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
unleash the attack dogs

1 Like

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by hillsate: 12:00am On Aug 09, 2012
Hmm see what money can do.
So Okupe you finally found your voice because you are now on FG payroll. Leave Bakare and Elrufai alone. These guys have nigeria at heart. You are doing a paid job. Concern yourself with Ogoni people and Asari Dokubo's statement.

13 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by doctokwus: 12:09am On Aug 09, 2012
Will this be his modus operandi?He better stick to issues& not attack individuals bc either of dese two men will take him to d cleaners,talkless of dem both taking on him.He may soon regret taking up dat post if his is to attack individuals& skip pertinent issues

5 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Detongue: 12:10am On Aug 09, 2012
Okupe is worth his pay. Bakare and dat boy El rufai need to be told hw stu**pid dey are.

9 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Johndoe100(m): 12:14am On Aug 09, 2012
doctokwus: Will this be his modus operandi?He better stick to issues& not attack individuals bc either of dese two men will take him to d cleaners,talkless of dem both taking on him.He may soon regret taking up dat post if his is to attack individuals& skip pertinent issues

They are your "heroes" abi? God save us from the stuuupid people.

3 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by PapaBrowne(m): 1:37am On Aug 09, 2012
hillsate: Hmm see what money can do.
So Okupe you finally found your voice because you are now on FG payroll. Leave Bakare and Elrufai alone. These guys have nigeria at heart. You are doing a paid job. Concern yourself with Ogoni people and Asari Dokubo's statement.

They do?? I was once a fan of these two men. But,They are the biggest disappointment to all short people worldwide. I sincerely think Bakare has a slight mental issue as a result of his electoral defeat. Nothing is harder than voting in your own polling booth and seeing your opponent take all the votes and you have little or nothing left. El Rufai on the other hand is an extremely shameless dude and has reduced himselt to a northern bigt. Visit his facebook page and see how people who joined him because they once loved him, now pummel the living day light out of his pages with insults and curses upon his head.

ONE BIG QUESTION FOR THESE TWO GUYS:
In the last one year what have they done for their immediate environmental- have they sought to impact the children in their vicinity or mentored others to just be better at whatever they do. I see a lot of Nigerians competing everyday to make things get better and yet all I see is these two midgets frustrating the populace with their pathetic misinformation etc.

19 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Beaf: 2:22am On Aug 09, 2012
doctokwus: Will this be his modus operandi?He better stick to issues& not attack individuals bc either of dese two men will take him to d cleaners,talkless of dem both taking on him.He may soon regret taking up dat post if his is to attack individuals& skip pertinent issues

Maybe you don't know Doyin Okupe. He has the intellectual weight to turn both El Rufai and bakare into blabbering fools.
It is only those who aren't smart that equate those two opportunistic clowns with any intelligence anyway.

Dr Doyin Okupe is highly intelligent and well spoken. A man with class and natural oratory.

7 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by jmaine: 2:38am On Aug 09, 2012
Dr[b] D[/b] . . . .No dey slack cheesy
Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by OmoLisabi(m): 3:08am On Aug 09, 2012
Beaf:

Maybe you don't know Doyin Okupe. He has the intellectual weight to turn both El Rufai and bakare into blabbering fools.
It is only those who aren't smart that equate those two opportunistic clowns with any intelligence anyway.

Dr Doyin Okupe is highly intelligent and well spoken. A man with class and natural oratory.
class indeed! this is a man known for all types of political hustling. a medical doctor who graduated with third class. no wonder he could not practise for the past 20 years. better dont let us debate his c.v.

16 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by koruji(m): 3:09am On Aug 09, 2012
Your well-known self-contradiction is legendary.
Those "two opportunistic clowns" are not intelligence but your lord and master found it necessary to hire Doyin Okupe the man with the "intellectual weight".
I guess Dr. GEJ is wasting Nigeria's money for nothing.
Original blabbering fool.

Beaf:

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Beaf: 6:55am On Aug 09, 2012
koruji: Your well-known self-contradiction is legendary.
Those "two opportunistic clowns" are not intelligence but your lord and master found it necessary to hire Doyin Okupe the man with the "intellectual weight".
I guess Dr. GEJ is wasting Nigeria's money for nothing.
Original blabbering fool.

So GEJ shouldn't be surrounded with intellectual might just because the opposition is ram packed with hairy arsed, leather-headed buffoons?
Bros, you fall my hand wella! embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by ebamma(m): 6:57am On Aug 09, 2012
isn't it this same Okupe who said that he is not Goodluck jonathan's attack dog?,or is he the attack lion now?

5 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by floriana(m): 6:57am On Aug 09, 2012
I can't let this opportunity pass. Okupe is just a paid clapperboard. He reasons with his pocket and speaks through his anus.

1 Like

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Super1759: 7:08am On Aug 09, 2012
Let them bring amadioha, bible and koran, let this 2 men come and swear that they don't know anything about bokoharam. Okupe your so right jare. As for that man that won't preach the word of God, rather insulting God's elect. May God have mercy on him

3 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Super1759: 7:12am On Aug 09, 2012
ebamma: isn't it this same Okupe who said that he is not Goodluck jonathan's attack dog?,or is he the attack lion now?
how is he an attacking lion, is he attacking anyone or defending the leadership of the nation. so you don't know the difference between attack and defend

3 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Biggyd2: 7:18am On Aug 09, 2012
I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe

https://www.nairaland.com/1005622/not-presidencys-attack-dog-doyin-okupe

His job description has finally been made clear to him. A workman does deserve his pay, abi? Keep "blasting" sir and make sure you have the strength for this job. You may not be aware that the people speaking against the ruling party and government have since multiplied from the last time you carried out this type of assignment. Ask Ruby, he will tell you how far.

2 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by ifihearam: 7:19am On Aug 09, 2012
Okupe!!!!!!
You are so on point,I understand the plight of el rufai,he is a frustrated muslim and a patron to boko haram,but the level at which bakare is going,I weep for him in my private chambers. Okupe is right,bakare should leave the podium and face politics squarely he should not hide under the umbrella as a man of God to CURSE who God has ELECTED to rule over nigeria.
I used to respect him but no more.

2 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by ifihearam: 7:22am On Aug 09, 2012
Biggyd2: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe

His job description has finally been made clear to him. A workman does deserve his pay, abi? Keep "blasting" sir and make sure you have the strength for this job. You may not be aware that the people speaking against the ruling party and government have since multiplied from the last time you carried out this type of assignment. Ask Ruby, he will tell you how far.

If you like multiply a billion times ooo,you are wasting your time because it is written. "A thousand shall fall at thy side(GEJ),ten thousand at thy right hand but is shall not come nigh you(GEJ). Only with thy eyes(GEJ)shall thou see the reward of the wicked(el rufai,buhari,bakari,kobojunkie,pataki).

6 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Biggyd2: 7:33am On Aug 09, 2012
ifihearam:

If you like multiply a billion times ooo,you are wasting your time because it is written. "A thousand shall fall at thy side(GEJ),ten thousand at thy right hand but is shall not come nigh you(GEJ). Only with thy eyes(GEJ)shall thou see the reward of the wicked(el rufai,buhari,bakari,kobojunkie,pataki).

Don't worry the advise is for Doyin not you. He can decide whether or not to take it. Seems like I am dealing with MPD. I can assure you that you have plenty work to do today. So, the sooner you free my post(which has nothing to do with you), the better. Thanks for dropping by but it is time to say cheerio dear.
Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Elueme: 7:37am On Aug 09, 2012
OmoLisabi: class indeed! this is a man known for all types of political hustling. a medical doctor who graduated with third class. no wonder he could not practise for the past 20 years. better dont let us debate his c.v.
You can see how ignorant you are.. Just because youwant to run someone down, you resorted to say what you know no jack about... Where in medical education do people graduate with GP or class? You are only certified to have satisfied your examiner.. Dunce head

22 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by mapet: 7:52am On Aug 09, 2012
I think he got it wrong on telling Bakare to come out. How "out" does he want him to come? If his exploit in SNG, CPC and other freedom crusades are not enough, then I wonder what Okupe is thinking.

Meanwhile I think Bakare has come out more than the average politician out there

3 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Elueme: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2012
Beaf: [size=14pt]Okupe blasts El-Rufai, Tunde Bakare over calls for Jonathan resignation[/size]
By Victor Iluyemi
August 8, 2012 22:36:51pm GMT

Abuja (WorldStage Newsonline)-- The newly appointed Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, on Wednesday discribed the former FCT Minister, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai as a derailed or deranged politician.

He also did not spear the Vice Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in the 2011 election, Pastor Tunde Bakare who he advised to stop hiding behind the pulpit.

El-Rufai recently called for the resignation of President Goodluck Jonathan if he (the President) could not solve the ongoing security challenges in the country.

But the SSA said[b] no responsible citizen will call on the President to quit in the face of insurgency at a time when all hands should be on deck to defeat the common enemies.[/b]

He argued that it is a well known fact that issue of insurgency is a very difficult national problem. “It is not anything peculiar to Nigeria. No responsible citizen of any of those countries affected by insurgency before call on their Presidents to resign,” he said.

He also warned against the manipulation of the present security situation in the country by politicians for selfish purposes.

The SSA also faulted the former Minister's criticism of the president's reliance on citizens for information on terrorist activities.

He said, "El-Rufai is my younger brother. I have so much respect for him. But politics is more or less derailing or deranging him.

"Everybody knows that insurgency is a very difficult national problem. It is not anything peculiar to Nigeria. No responsible citizen of any of those countries affected by insurgency before call on their Presidents to resign.

"When he talks about intelligence, there is no better security in any country than by the people of the country. It is communal security that will help government and security agencies to root out insurgence. If people shielded insurgents, they make the works of security agencies more difficult. "Can President Goodluck Jonathan be in Borno and everywhere at the same time? I believe that people just want to play politics. All what you are hearing is just the manipulation of the present situation to suit their political purposes.

"I am sure that my brother, El-Rufai is hopeful to be a presidential candidate of one of the parties very soon. What I will expect him to do with the level of intellect, intelligence and the resource that has been given to his own personal education is to come out with some reasonable plans, some suggestions, and not just criticising government for criticising sake.

"If El-Rufai was President of Nigeria, what will he do? Why don’t he say that? Or is he keeping that until when he becomes the President by which time the whole country is wiped off? When tragedy befalls a country, responsible men and women of that country forget partisanship and rally round their nation and they try their best to help existing government to tackle that. Once that is over, they go back to politics.

"This is not time for politics. Every man or woman who politicises this issue of Boko haram, people should disregard and discard whatever information they hear from them. They are not serious-minded people."

On pastor Bakare, he said " Pastor Bakare also falls into that category. It is shameful. You cannot convert the pulpit to a podium.

"If you want to be a politician, please come out.”

"Pastor Bakare came into politics a few years ago and he became a vice presidential candidate of a major political party, some of us have been in politics for 30 years and we did not even become a governor and we did not say the country must come down, that is unfair. It is unacceptable."

He also accused Pastor Bakare of insincerity and obviously playing to the gallery, insisting that "Boko Haram is something that evolved suddenly in the early part of the life span of this administration. Internal insurgency is not peculiar to Nigeria, it has happened in Oman, Sri lanka, Vietnam, Great Britain, Philippines, Kenya and Iraq.

"I wish to advice that if Pastor Bakare will be fair, he should come out properly to the political Arena and stop using God's Pulpit to throw stones at Gods elect, as no leader will emerge in any praying nation like Nigeria without the blessing of God", Okupe said

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=5622&catid=8
Okupe has said it all.. Elrufai is displaying a political grudge so wouldn't mind if Nigeria is destroyed to spit Nigerians for not empowering him and also to deceived the people that he stood as a better president when we all know his antecedents... This man is a swine desperately after our oil money.
I understand Bakare as a political neophyte who doesn't have the maturity to handle failure.. Well, he has destroyed the little reputation he used to enjoy.. Thanks to Buhari.
Bringing these two characters to the fore, GEJ is still better.. So I wonder why the massive attack on somebody better than you and had defeated you floorlessly in the past.. Or are you telling nigerians that you are more reasonable than our collective reasons for voting GEJ?

3 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by StarrMatthieu: 7:55am On Aug 09, 2012
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Beaf: 7:56am On Aug 09, 2012
Biggyd2: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe

His job description has finally been made clear to him. A workman does deserve his pay, abi? Keep "blasting" sir and make sure you have the strength for this job. You may not be aware that the people speaking against the ruling party and government have since [b]multiplied [/b]from the last time you carried out this type of assignment. Ask Ruby, he will tell you how far.

You de multiply? Una be bacteria?
You will be fumigated. cool

1 Like

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Clerverly: 8:03am On Aug 09, 2012
I thought the last time I checked, it was GEJ that has been deranged by corruption. Okupe get abreast of the new developments before you embark on this your kamikaze job. Goodluck!
Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by ifihearam: 8:04am On Aug 09, 2012
Biggyd2:

Don't worry the advise is for Doyin not you. He can decide whether or not to take it. Seems like I am dealing with MPD. I can assure you that you have plenty work to do today. So, the sooner you free my post(which has nothing to do with you), the better. Thanks for dropping by but it is time to say cheerio dear.

And who says it has nothing to do with me
Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Biggyd2: 8:15am On Aug 09, 2012
Beaf:

You de multiply? Una be bacteria?
You will be fumigated. cool

Tisha, thank you o. Anything else? Leave the post like that, Doyin understands, thanks.
Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by Biggyd2: 8:17am On Aug 09, 2012
ifihearam:

And who says it has nothing to do with me

You are now Doyin? That's interesting. It will be nice for you to hear from Nigerians directly and send our messages to your oga.
Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by texazzpete(m): 8:26am On Aug 09, 2012
Beaf:

So Abacha, IBB, Uduaghan, Ibori, Odili, Lucky Igbinedion (Curses be Upon Him!) et al are 'leaders that emerged from the blessings of God' abi?

No wonder many people are becoming atheists these days.

2 Likes

Re: Okupe Blasts El-Rufai & Bakare Over GEJ Resignation Call by texazzpete(m): 8:32am On Aug 09, 2012
PapaBrowne:

ONE BIG QUESTION FOR THESE TWO GUYS:
In the last one year what have they done for their immediate environmental- have they south to impact the children in their vicinity or mentored others to just be better at whatever they do. I see a lot of Nigerians competing everyday to make things get better and yet all I see is these two midgets frustrating the populace with their pathetic misinformation etc.

When Bakare was leading massive crowds to protest against the fuel subsidy removal which threatened to impoverish tens of millions of Nigerians, what were you doing? Hiding away in a cowardly manner and joining your myopic cohorts in lauding the move as one that would finally bring development to Nigeria?

Time has proven Bakare right...the FG has FAILED woefully to show any meaningful impact from the monies saved by the partial removal of the subsidy.

You folks were perfectly happy to stand by Bakare when he led protests demanding the immediate swearing in of GEJ to replace a comatose and brain dead Yar'Adua. Now he's doing what any sensible person would do - turning against an ineffectual, corrupt and careless Government - he's now the devil incarnate.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan To Address Forum Of First Ladies At UN General Assembly / Senate Forgery: Police Submit Fresh Report, Indict Saraki, Ekweremadu - Punch / Orji Uzor Kalu To Be Turbaned In Daura Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.