Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe (1033 Views)

If El Rufai Was A Christian / FFK: Hell Will Let Loose If El-zakzaky, Kanu Or Dasuki Is Murdered In Custody / Opinion!! Was President Buhari Visit To America A Flop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Euroclydon(m): 7:03am On Aug 09, 2012
By Ben Agande, Abuja.
Newly appointed Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, yesterday frontally confronted some of the president’s worst critics as he upbraided the Vice Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progress Change (CPC), in the 2011 elections, Pastor Tunde Bakare to stop converting his pulpit to political podium in order to deceive unsuspecting Nigerians.
In his second interactive meeting with state House correspondents, Dr Okupe similarly accused the former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, (FCT), Mallam Nasir el-Rufai of losing his cool over politics.
According to Dr Okupe the manipulation of the present security situation in the country by politicians for selfish reasons was not in the bestinterest of the nation or its citizens.
The Senior Special Assistant to the president said insurgency as a phenomenon was difficult to resolve in places where it occurred around theworld like Iraq, Iran even the United States of America but noted that there were no calls on the leaders of those countries to resign on account of the terrorist activities.
He said , “el-Rufai is my younger brother. I have so much respect for him but politics is more or less derailing or deranging him.
“Everybody knows that insurgency is a very difficult national problem. It is not anything peculiar to Nigeria. No responsible citizen of any of those countries affected by insurgency before call on their Presidents to resign.”
“when he (el-Rufai) talks about intelligence, there is no better security in any country than by the people of the country. It is communal security that will help government and security agencies to root out insurgence.
“If people shielded insurgents, they make the works of security agencies more difficult. Can President Goodluck Jonathan be in Borno and everywhere at the same time?”
“I believe that people just want to play politics. All what you are hearing is just the manipulationof the present situation to suit their political purposes.
“I am sure that my brother, El-Rufai is hopeful to be a presidential candidate of one of the parties very soon. What I will expect him to do with the level of intellect, intelligence and the resource that has been given, his own personal education is to come out with some reasonable plans, some suggestions, not just criticising government for criticising sake.
“If El-Rufai was President of Nigeria, what will he do? Why don’t he say that? Or is he keeping that until when he becomes the President by which time the whole country is wiped off?
“When tragedy befalls a country, responsible men and women of that country forget partisanship and rally round their nation and they try their best to help existing government to tackle that. Once that is over, they go back to politics. This is not time for politics.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/if-el-rufai-was-president-of-nigeria-what-will-he-do-okupe/
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Euroclydon(m): 11:05am On Aug 09, 2012
Yessss what will he do? Or is he hoarding his knowledge on how to deal the present security challenges in the name of politics?
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Kobojunkie: 11:18am On Aug 09, 2012
Euroclydon: Yessss what will he do? Or is he hoarding his knowledge on how to deal the present security challenges in the name of politics?

And if he is hoarding it, what will you do? Arrest him? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Why is it that people think this administration is devoid of ideas and Nigerians now need to proffer solutions to most every problem they(the Nigerian people) already pay the administration to come up with the best solution, out there, for?

1 Like

Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by BlackMamba2: 11:27am On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

And if he is hoarding it, what will you do? Arrest him? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Why is it that people think this administration is devoid of ideas and Nigerians now need to proffer solutions to most every problem they already pay the administration to come up with the best solution, out there, for?

Mr.kobojunkie,are you saying that prominent Nigerians that have suggestions on the way out of BH menace should relax and wait for government to cipher it cos they according to you ''pay the administration''? really?

1 Like

Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Euroclydon(m): 11:31am On Aug 09, 2012
Black Mamba:

Mr.kobojunkie,are you saying that prominent Nigerians that have suggestions on the way out of BH menace should relax and wait for government to cipher it cos they according to you ''pay the administration''? really?

Maybe he is talking about taxes or something...I too don't understand his point of view...
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Kobojunkie: 11:40am On Aug 09, 2012
Black Mamba:

Again . . . I am clear in what I said. . . what are you going to do to the [b]prominent[/b]Nigerians? Arrest them??

I don't know what you mean by 'pay the administration'. But the fact is Nigerians already ELECTED those to SOLVE THE PROBLEM, and we are pouring Billions of dollars at the ELECTED leaders so they have access to all they need to SOLVE the problem. PROMINENT Nigerians are not paid by Nigerians to solve anything so they are just that, PROMINENT NIGERIANS.
If the Government wants them to come solve the problem, then the Government should, using it's resources, reach out to these people for help. Other than that, I see no reason why people like you or I should make SOLUTION BRINGERS out of ordinary civilians just because we have chosen to tag the word "PROMINENT" to the end of their names.

1 Like

Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by BlackMamba2: 11:44am On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Again . . . I am clear in what I said. . . what are you going to do to the [b]prominent[/b]Nigerians? Arrest them??

I don't know what you mean by 'pay the administration'. But the fact is Nigerians already ELECTED those to SOLVE THE PROBLEM, and we are pouring Billions of dollars at the ELECTED leaders so they have access to all they need to SOLVE the problem. PROMINENT Nigerians are not paid by Nigerians to solve anything so they are just that, PROMINENT NIGERIANS.
If the Government wants them to come solve the problem, then the Government should, using it's resources, reach out to these people for help. Other than that, I see no reason why people like you or I should make SOLUTION BRINGERS out of ordinary civilians just because we have chosen to tag the word "PROMINENT" to the end of their names.

your opinion is interesting.
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Kobojunkie: 11:55am On Aug 09, 2012
Black Mamba:

your opinion is interesting.

Technically, you cannot FORCE any civilian to come out with a Solution to the Government's problem. These your so-called PROMINENT Nigerians are merely civilians, and seriously owe the next Nigerian nothing.
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by 1800bc(f): 11:56am On Aug 09, 2012
NONSENCE!!!
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Olaolufred(m): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2012
Okupe!
The big-mouthed military dog.
First used by General OBJ and dumped.
Is now the new ace of Retardeen.
Rubbish.
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by HammedSodiqq: 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
Of course he will further his demolition agenda, revoke peoples land and reaward same to himself, wives, underaged children and friends and codedly train his boys wrecking havoc in the north. He will make the worst presido. Mtchweeeee
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Kobojunkie: 12:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
^^ Yet, Abuja would not be the grand city it is today if not for El-Rufai. grin
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Euroclydon(m): 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2012
Olaolufred: Okupe!
The big-mouthed military dog.
First used by General OBJ and dumped.
Is now the new ace of Retardeen.
Rubbish.

So you have not said anything on the main topic of the thread... What do u think El-Rufai would do if he was President of NAIJA?
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Kobojunkie: 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2012
Euroclydon:

So you have not said anything on the main topic of the thread... What do u think El-Rufai would do if he was President of NAIJA?

You Judge him based on what? his past record?
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Euroclydon(m): 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You Judge him based on what? his past record?

You gat a better idea?
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Kobojunkie: 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2012
Euroclydon:

You gat a better idea?

Then, he will probably do as well as he did when he was Minister of Abuja. There will likely be missteps along the way, especially if he has refused to learn from his past.
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by apala911: 12:41pm On Aug 09, 2012
Yea, I like this, for the umpteen time, I challenge him to come up with usable suggestions and ideas.
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Olaolufred(m): 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2012
Euroclydon:

Thank you.
El-Rufai has the potential of doing better than GEJ.
He also has the potential of doing worse.

But Okupe's conclusion can not be the best, because his views are influenced by his work.(working for his salary).
He will still defend Retardeen even when Dokubo has indicted him as a disappointment.
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Euroclydon(m): 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2012
Olaolufred:

Thank you.

But Okupe's conclusion can not be the best, because his views are influenced by his work.(working for his salary).
He will still defend Retardeen even when Dokubo has indicted him as a disappointment.

So in other words....nobody can tell wat anybody is capable of before assumption of office? Not even deductions from personal character can tell?
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by usmanyaro17: 1:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
Olaolufred:

Thank you.

I don't see a President in El-rufai cos he killed my uncle Usman,after demolishing his only house,a person who doesn't have human feelings cannot be a good president,come to think of it,the man has never contested any election in his life,he is just a noise maker,alarmist and attention seeker....God forbid he becomes a president.
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Kobojunkie: 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2012
usmanyaro17: I don't see a President in El-rufai cos he killed my uncle Usman,after demolishing his only house,a person who doesn't have human feelings cannot be a good president,come to think of it,the man has never contested any election in his life,he is just a noise maker,alarmist and attention seeker....God forbid he becomes a president.

did the house fall on your uncle usman? shocked
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by bubadaniel13: 2:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

did the house fall on your uncle usman? shocked
haba Kobojunkie,u no get feelings,the house must not fall on Usmanyaro's uncle the shock of the demolition can kill him now,the truth of the matter is that El rufai can't make a good leader he is too childish in all his approach,we need men to lead us not cowards like El rufai
Re: If El-rufai Was President Of Nigeria, What Will He Do? – Okupe by Walecole74: 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kobojunkie: ^^ Yet, Abuja would not be the grand city it is today if not for El-Rufai. grin

Mind you, he did most of the demolition for his personal interest. A sizeable portion of the lands were given to his siblings and relatives. Trust me, people like Elrufai will do worse as a leader.

(1) (Reply)

Cliford Orji’s Family Abandons Corpse, No One Comes For Body Three Weeks After. / Hundreds, Dead And Several Wonded In Kano Easter Day Bomb Blast!!! God Help Us / Is Boko Haram Amnesty Going To Be Paid With South South Oil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.