Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio (11417 Views)

Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / What Has He Or She Done To Warrant Your Vote. / GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Yaya6: 10:20am On Aug 09, 2012
Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Dr. Godswill Akpabio yesterday said President Goodluck Jonathan has not committed any impeachable offence.

Besides, the governor who is from the South South region assured that the planned impeachment exercise process of the President by the House of Representatives lawmakers would be an exercise in futility.

Akpabio also criticized those asking the President to resign over the insecurity challenges facing the country, saying Jonathan is capable enough to address the Boko Haram treat.

He noted that as long as the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] enjoyed the majority seats at the lower chamber, it would be difficult to remove the President.

It will be called that the lower chambers members have given the September to fully implement the 2012 budget or face impeachment.

The governor spoke to reporters at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja while returning from an Investment Summit in the United States on Tuesday night.

According to him, “the President has not committed any impeachable offence. “I am not a member of the National Assembly but I can tell you that the PDP, which I belong, has majority in the National Assembly and the party representatives has no intention to support any plan or intention to impeach Mr. President. Any right thinking politician will know that there is nothing in the offing that will warrant the impeachment plot. There is no reality in that rumour.”

Defending the President on the issue of insecurity in the country, the governor described the Boko Haram members as a faceless set of people, who indulged in mischief under the guise of religion.

He said the President has the capacity to address the crisis.

According to him, the group would soon surrender their arms because as Nigerians, they also want to witness peace.

He said: “Who are the members of the Boko Haram? When we see Boko Haram members, we will discuss with them because as far as I am concerned, we still have a lot of people masquerading under Boko Haram to send a lot of mischief text messages, information, among others. Mr. President has the apparatus of government to know truly who is a Boko Haram member and who is not.

“ I am sure that he is taking the right security steps to address their feelings and I am very sure that very soon, Boko Haram will lay down their arms because they are Nigerians and they would like to see peace.”

Akpabio said Nigerians believe in secularity, saying the issue of Islamisation  of the country is being sponsored by those backing the dreaded Islamic group

He said: “The rumour about Islamisation of Nigeria is being orchestrated by people who are hiding under Boko Haram to cause crisis. It happened in the Niger Delta when we had militants and all sorts of people claiming to be Boyloaf, Tompolo and others.

“It was only after the amnesty was declared that these kingpins under militancy came around and people saw them. They were people who were being used; some people were paying money to these people who called themselves militant warlords in the Niger Delta. They were not and clearly speaking, a lot of 419 and a lot of youths are trying to take advantage of the situation and trying to be Boko Haram.

“So, there is no truth about that; I just want to allay your fears. Don’t allow people to deceive you that they want to Islamise Nigeria. No! Nigerians believe in their secularity and the strength of this country is in our plurality and I am very happy and proud to be a Nigerian. Once the grievances of the Boko Haram sect are addressed, I am sure they will also be very happy to lay down their arms for the betterment of this country. Don’t listen to that rumour, that rumour is just baseless. “

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/09/jonathan-done-nothing-warrant-impeachment-governor-akpabio/
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Stallion77(f): 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2012
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by betalife(m): 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
My Brother, Let us face the reality. If one of his family members are among those that had been killed by Boko Haram, he would have taken a drastic steps to track down these evil people. Let him do something on it before you can comment on whether he is impeachable or not.

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by DExplorer1: 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2012
The truth, the truth and nothing but the truth. Thank you Akpabio
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by dayokanu(m): 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2012
Cluelessness is an impeachable offence

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by dplordx(m): 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
[b]Akpabio might be a hardworking governor, but his statement is entire insincere and a total move to ingratiate himself with the president. If GEJ has his type of mindset, Nigeria wont be where it is today.
I was in Kano recently, and you could tell by the body language of everyone over there....they felt like complete outcasts. Its like the entire Nigeria including the President, has completely given Bokoharam the "Green Light", to maim, destroy, and kill them wantonly; and whoever these guys are, GEJ have a knowledge of who they are, but since they arent ravaging either the SW, or SS, they can continue and have total freedom to kill those innocent Christians and police in the North.
Nigeria might be pariah nation, but the President is not supposed to condone the death of those who stood and voted him. Would the Votes of the people in the SS alone have gotten him into power without the overwhelming supports he'd garnered from this region? These states, Kano, Kaduna, etc, are states where GEJ won Buhari, and whose super-delegates ingored Atiku during the PDP primaries, and its a shame the same people who went out, despite been seriously intimated are the one now dying, and the president doesnt give "a damn", and he could careless, and keep jetting around the globe, talking about investment, rather than knowing Bokoharam is a priority that MUST be crushed.
Akapabio is a hypocrite for these statements. Please forget it, PDP or GEJ wont present you as a president come 2015 or 2019, or 2023. Dream on f00l![/b]

18 Likes

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by DExplorer1: 3:57pm On Aug 09, 2012
" I am sure that he is taking the right security steps to address their feelings and I am very sure that very soon, Boko Haram will lay down their arms because they are Nigerians and they would like to see peace." Those are the words of a patriotic Nigerian. Believe in and see the positive sides of issues. Proffer solutions and be strong even in danger. GEJ isn't moved because he has got his strategies right on every challenge he faces in this long-term progress.

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Pukkah: 3:57pm On Aug 09, 2012
Even if one doesn't agree with the things that this man has said, it is easy to see his mature and subtly persuasive approach to defending the President. He did not throw insults or threaten fire and brimstone. He didn't play the tribal card or brag about crude oil.

He didn't sing the song of war nor did he demean any region or religion. However, he avoided murky or sensitive issues like budget implementation and Fiscal Responsibility Act upon which the President could actually be impeached. He also downplayed the security situation in the country.

This is something that the present crop of presidential spokespersons, online and offline, should learn from Governor Akpabio when responding to their fellow countrymen on national issues.

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2012
The north orchestrated a plan to remove him right from the day he took over power!

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by intelligen(m): 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2012
I dön't blame u akpabio..no be ur fault at all
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by jmaine: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
Only the extremely foolish set of people, had high hopes of a possible impeachment

Akpabio is just stating the obvious

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Pukkah: 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2012
teeowl: The north [/b]orchestrated a plan to remove him right from the day he took over power!

Who is [b]'the North'
? Remember the Northern PDP governors preferred GEJ to Atiku.
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by mikecashes(m): 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2012
Pdp is holding tis country to ransom.if a leader who had all d power at his disposer can't make use of It, is better he is show an exit door. Numerous bk haram members had been caught and question and I believe they had giving valueable info about their sponsers still no arrest or questioning. Let him go.
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Eboski(m): 4:01pm On Aug 09, 2012
Oga we done hear υ̲̣̥я̥ own side of The story abeg we no say u ∂eƔ work 4 state but gej to wake up And get back to work[/color][color=#006600]
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by ebamma(m): 4:02pm On Aug 09, 2012
intelligen: I dön't blame u akpabio..no be ur fault at all
you are a direct opposite of your name

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by wandeay: 4:03pm On Aug 09, 2012
they wil surely stop after exchanging hands with goodies, bunch of i.diotic, facktard leaders
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by EzeUche(m): 4:03pm On Aug 09, 2012
Akpabio's words are true. What would warrant his impeachment?

A majority of Nigerians voted for him, so let him fulfill his term. If you do not like him after his term, then vote for someone else. It is as simple as that.

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by IjeomaObasi: 4:03pm On Aug 09, 2012
The truth is that those orchestrating GEJs impeachment are also the same persons fueling and sponsoring BOKOHARAM .they should let him be so that he can work for us

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by bubadaniel13: 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2012
Wetin GEJ do sef,he no better pass Facrook,Hembe and their likes,abeg make them allow de man concentrate work.....
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by yanni1(m): 4:05pm On Aug 09, 2012
i wonder
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Singalex(m): 4:06pm On Aug 09, 2012
Stupi.d people,instead of focusing on how 2 resolve d boko haram issue they re busy talking about impeachement.The person planning 2 tk over shuld ve used dt his brain on resolving d matter.GEJ ride on joor coz i bliv if not 4 sm ppls greed nd hatred you culd ve been a better president...sighs.
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by DonaldGenes(m): 4:06pm On Aug 09, 2012
dayokanu: Cluelessness is an impeachable offence
so what is your own solution to thsi cluelessness..just asking..dont be annoyed pulease

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by DANILSA(m): 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2012
Thanks Gov, we understand u, the people wanting to impeach him don't even have any good reason to do so, or maybe they want to impeach him because we now enjoy power supply or for not implementing budget in 4 months.
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by EzeUche(m): 4:07pm On Aug 09, 2012
Impeach him and who will replace him? A Northerner? Tufiakwa!
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2012
Now that my Governor has spoken....
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by lacasa: 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2012
cheesy cheesy
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by akeemalade22(m): 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2012
I THINK ALL THIS NONSENSE IS JUST GETTING INTERESTING!
NA THEN KNOW....

http://bunnaj..com
Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by Pukkah: 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2012
EzeUche: Akpabio's words are true. What would warrant his impeachment?

A majority of Nigerians voted for him, so let him fulfill his term. If you do not like him after his term, then vote for someone else. It is as simple as that.

And I am not a GEJ supporter.

It's not as simple as that. There are a number of things that can warrant the impeachment of a President and it would not be plausible for the country to wait until his term runs out. Waiting until the expiration of a tenure suggests that the people are helpless and have to put up with an incompetent leader.

You rightly stated that a majority of Nigerians voted for him but do those majority today feel safe? What is the most important function of any government? How is the cohesion of the country today? Is there an end in sight to the problems tormenting the country?

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by lacasa: 4:11pm On Aug 09, 2012
Wer r the drum beating nairaland rogue agents grin

Wer r the Biafran agitators grin

Wer r those callin 4 Nigeria's dissolve grin

He said he believes Nigeria's seculiarity is its strength anϑ he is a "PROUD NIGERIAN"

Is Akpabio not a South-South chieftain grin or is he on a diffferent wavelength from the rest of una cheesy

Llwkm......gringringrin

Re: GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio by sayso: 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2012

Alleged 19.2bn Fraud: Court Dismisses Charge Against Sylva / Nigeria To Dredge Calabar Port To Accommodate Large Vessels / I Will Review Lagos Masterplan If Elected Governor - Awe