Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers (13459 Views)

Umahi Distributes Made-In-Ebonyi Rice To Workers For Christmas (pics) / FG Distributes Clothes To Children In Borno IDPs Camps Ahead Of The Sallah. Pics / FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by omanzo02: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2012
FG distributes retirement benefit letters to PHCN workers

August 9, 2012 by Okechukwu Nnodim

The Federal Government has commenced the distribution of retirement benefit letters to employees of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria.

The Federal Ministry of Power said the exercise, which started on Wednesday, was in line with its privatisation process.

The ministry, in a statement by the Special Adviser on Media to the Minister of Power, Mr. Ogbuagu Anikwe, said each letter was personally signed by the Managing Director/Chief Executive, PHCN, Mr. Hussein Labo.

It said the letters stipulated their pension and gratuity, among other benefits.

It said, “The management of the PHCN this morning (Wednesday) began distributing letters to each PHCN staff member, advising him or her on the retirement benefits, in view of the impending privatisation of 17 out of the 18 PHCN successor companies.

“The workers were to study the contents of every form and look out for critical issues like possible computational errors and then return them not later than August 10, 2012, with appropriate remarks to the PHCN management.”

The ministry said the computations showed that some PHCN executives would get as much as N38m as retirement benefit.

It argued that this figure contrasted with the N2m, which some union officials had claimed would be the maximum amount any PHCN employee would receive on retirement.

The statement added that the entire severance benefit, calculated at N80bn, would come from the government treasury.

This, it said, was because the PHCN management did not comply with the Pension Reform Act, which came into force on July 1, 2004, and which required every worker to contribute 7.5 per cent of his or her basic salary towards pension.

Meanwhile, the ministry has noted that the leadership of the National Union of Electricity Employees prevented some workers of the power firm from accepting the letters.

It said, “With letters of advice on retirement benefits now being distributed to each of the employees of the 17 PHCN successor companies and any Transmission Company of Nigeria staff members opting to retire now, the NUEE leadership has used force to prevent the employees from receiving the letters and knowing their true contents.”

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-distributes-retirement-benefit-letters-to-phcn-workers/

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by omanzo02: 11:57am On Aug 09, 2012
Well, bye bye saboteurs

6 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by strangest(m): 12:07pm On Aug 09, 2012
My plasma tv and refrigerator fried because of their incompetency. Do I also get a package to cover them?
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by Biggyd2: 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2012
Seriously!!! This is unbelievable! you mean say all their prayers don work?:

https://www.nairaland.com/872548/phcn-prayers-against-progress

For those ones that joined the government to milk Nigerians because they "worked for PHCN", una dooooo!!! How does it feel to be on the other side? tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by amosy007: 12:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
omanzo02: Well, bye bye saboteurs
lol those people worse pass saboteurs.. They are too corrupt. I read dis morning that they collect money from gen importers to sabotage electricity for people to buy more gen..

Those animalistic, embellestic abdominiral messicuretella *coughs i need a glass of water*

10 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by asha80(m): 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
why 17 out of 18?what happens to the one remaining one?as for the phcn guys,i wish i had pity but what you guys have done to me would not allow me to.

2 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by omanzo02: 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2012
amosy007:
lol those people worse pass saboteurs.. They are too corrupt. I read dis morning that they collect money from gen importers to sabotage electricity for people to buy more gen..

Those animalistic, embellestic abdominiral messicuretella *coughs i need a glass of water*

I beg easy o, nor kill us with english ooo grin grin grin

Most Nigerian business men are just wicked and empty headed, if the generator sellers are smart they would covert their businesses into other electrical items to benefit from the improving power situation.

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by amosy007: 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2012
^^
on point
most of em (naija buisnessmen) dnt look 4 new ideas, they prefer to stay with d status quo and they forget the world is changing.. And once things aint moving the way it should they blame it on sum witches in their village.. Same thing with those gen sellers
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2012
GEJ is working! Enemies are not smiling!

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by jmaine: 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2012
Jenams: GEJ is working! Enemies are not smiling!

They are not only smiling but grumbling even on nairaland cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2012
Dont know if we wont be able to sing their very common Anthem again...

UP NEPA!!
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by begwong: 3:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
Good riddance to bad rubbish. tongue tongue tongue
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by filcast(m): 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2012
I hope the firms that will take over the 17 PHCN successor companies will not behave like the MTNs of the Telecom sector. ...wait!Is any of them from south africa?
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 09, 2012
Number of the unemployed are gonna .......... Atichu (sneezes)
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by semid4lyfe(m): 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2012
Good news. . . .
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by Joeblis(m): 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2012
^^
trust me their must be South African firm!
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by alaoeri: 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2012
Guess the companies that take over 'll recruit in the near future or how are they going to replace the sacked workers?

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by tonyx4x44(m): 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2012
amosy007:

grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2012
Finally, I want them out so Private firms can take over electricity sector. The past 3 days I havent bought fuel for generator, if it continues like this for another 6 months I will donate my generator to Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by sirp2007: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2012
Good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2012
emmysenior: Number of the unemployed are gonna .......... Atichu (sneezes)
increase? If them phcn useless their severance benefits on frivilous activities. Then the job market will surely increase. Let them use their money to create jobs.
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2012
hisblud: increase? If them phcn useless their severance benefits on frivilous activities. Then the job market will surely increase. Let them use their money to create jobs.
Many of them will find their way back into the Private companies that will run the sector. After all they have many years of "cut and connect" syndrome

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by MosD: 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2012
you guys seem not to be getting the point. Its rather a blessing to them; they will collect this benefit an most of them will still be absolved by the new owners

3 Likes

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by DonaldGenes(m): 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2012
N36million whaaaaaaaaaaaat to who and by who....faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaints!!
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by uncleb(m): 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2012
Billyonaire: Many of them will find their way back into the Private companies that will run the sector. After all they have many years of "cut and connect" syndrome

bros, 90% of those guys cannot survive in private entities. i have said this to PHCN staff in my areas times without number.

And all we need is just competition in the industry, people will sit tight of course.
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by Tadup: 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2012
Blackout must go!

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by DonaldGenes(m): 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2012
Billyonaire: Finally, I want them out so Private firms can take over electricity sector. The past 3 days I havent bought fuel for generator, if it continues like this for another 6 months I will donate my generator to Buhari.
haahhahahahhahahahahhahaha yes ooo

you can say that aqain...me too..we having full and uninterupted light in ph..up GEJ..
The man is doin and could do well.just that 'some' retarded bastards in the north wanna be his spoiler
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2012
Meanwhile, the ministry has noted that the
leadership of the National Union of Electricity
Employees prevented some workers of the
power firm from accepting the letters. It said, “With letters of advice on retirement
benefits now being distributed to each of the
employees of the 17 PHCN successor
companies and any Transmission Company of
Nigeria staff members opting to retire now,
the NUEE leadership has used force to prevent the employees from receiving the letters and
knowing their true contents.”
why are the leaders of the NUEE trying to cause wahala when it is stated here
“The workers were to study the contents of
every form and look out for critical issues like
possible computational errors and then return
them not later than August 10, 2012, with
appropriate remarks to the PHCN management.”

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by DonaldGenes(m): 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
Mos_D: you guys seem not to be getting the point. Its rather a blessing to them; they will collect this benefit an most of them will still be absolved by the new owners
you qot a point there....
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
Donalð Genes:
haahhahahahhahahahahhahaha yes ooo

you can say that aqain...me too..we having full and uninterupted light in ph..up GEJ..
The man is doin and could do well.just that 'some' retarded bastards in the north wanna be his spoiler
Are you serious, so PH is already uninterrupted. Wow....

1 Like

Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by denko(m): 3:57pm On Aug 09, 2012
Gej need time
Re: FG Distributes Retirement Benefit Letters To PHCN Workers by dplordx(m): 3:59pm On Aug 09, 2012
Shame they didnt get court letters, demanding they are been sued for their years of inefficiency like their employee.
Anyways, good riddance to rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP's Control Shaky, As SDP Set To Create Upset In Bayelsa, Rivers And Delta / Presidency Says Atiku Desperate As Atiku Submits Tinubu’s CSU Records / 8 Persons Arraigned For Drinking Ogogoro In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.