Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:42 PM

Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff (9605 Views)

Journalist Assaulted, Stripped Unclad In Enugu / Journalist Allegedly Beaten Blue And Black In Imo Over Political Matters / I’ve Forgiven The Lawmaker That Assaulted Me – Senate President David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by EteFlexible: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
Abeg wettin him do now?? angry cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btgf87LulmA
Photo journalist brutalised by LASUTH staff as release of Dana Air corpses commence

A photojournalist from Leadership Newspapers, Benedict Uwalaka, was on Thursday brutalized by staff of Lagos State University teaching Hospital (LASUTH) mortuary for taking shots of events while the corpses were released.

Mr Uwalaka was at the premises of the hospital with his colleagues from other media house on the invitation of the hospital’s management to cover the release of identified corpses of the Dana Air Crash victims.

Mr Uwalaka had moved closer to the vehicle where a corpse was to be placed when an official of the hospital seized his camera and another one hit him on the head with a bottle.

But some official of LASUTH approached and seized his camera while some others beat him up, tearing his shirt and leaving his face swollen and bloodied.

The assault on the photo-journalist irked his colleague and they went with him to report at the nearby police station.

Returning to the hospital to collect his camera, Mr Uwalaka was hit from behind with a bottle on his head by another official of the teaching hospital, leaving him with more wound on his head and bruised face.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/09/photo-journalist-brutalised-by-lasuth-staff-as-release-of-dana-air-corpses-commence/

Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by canadaik(m): 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
Seriously WTF

WTF WTF ......cant even say anything now ...... super super angry!

These stupid officials should be booked, they need to spend a couple of years in Kirikiri and feel the heat of those inmates and understand lessons on bullying!

3 Likes

Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by mallorca(m): 11:19pm On Aug 09, 2012
No Place is safe in this country
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by kidiat: 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
Is a pity dt Lagos state govt still av some thugs among their workers, what a shame
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by revomind(m): 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
Sad story. This is caveman behaviour.

That being said, there's a difference between LASUTH staff and Lagos State Govt officials. The headline is mischievous and calculated to mislead.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by slimdiggi: 11:22pm On Aug 09, 2012
This is absolute rubbish now! See the guy's face,i hope this is not gonna be swept unda d carpet,too bad
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by octar6: 11:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
This is crazy. what is really going on in this country. shocked Anything goes.
What crime did this man commit? This is really bad. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by revomind(m): 11:26pm On Aug 09, 2012
Channels TV reported this news as :

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/09/
photo-journalist-brutalised-by-lasuth-staff-as-
release-of-dana-air-corpses-commence/

The OP says Lagos Govt officials. I wonder what he's up to.

I'm not sure if trying to snap pictures of badly damaged dead bodies just to sell newspapers is defensible. I wouldn't like it if I had family among the corpses.

The LASUTH peeps went too far nonetheless and should be made to face the music.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by WizPrince1(m): 11:26pm On Aug 09, 2012
Oh... Why?
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by CHIMSKY(m): 11:28pm On Aug 09, 2012
Some people never learn.U cant attack the press and win, ever.Some fools have lost their jobs.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by edicolove: 11:30pm On Aug 09, 2012
Fashola is working
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by ekpriobong(m): 11:39pm On Aug 09, 2012
Let this small one happen to him so that he would really know how to report it on their paper. Those journalists are the ones contributing to spoil this country though not in support of what those guys did sha.

1 Like

Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by sessydoo(m): 11:50pm On Aug 09, 2012
When are we going to start behaving like civilized ppl and NOT like some brainless animals? Cant issues be resolved amicably without resulting to physical abuse and assault? kai, i tire for this jungle and child of necessity called nigeria ooooo. No soso horrible and scary news evrydayy...smh
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by YungG(m): 11:50pm On Aug 09, 2012
kidiat: Is a pity dt Lagos state govt still av some thugs among their workers, what a shame
na area boys wey full mushin area side of hospital..
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by oketumo: 11:58pm On Aug 09, 2012
Eko ti baje, i dont think Fashola is a democrat.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 10, 2012
The
journalist exercised his 'freedom' unguardedly. Really, he doesn't need
to get SO close to have a shot of the released corpses. :/ People are
still sad, angry over the plane crash and lost of their loved ones...he
could have acted wisely and threaded gently...This isn't an
ENTERTAINMENT news, hence it calls for caution...

PS: I don't support the brutality, though. smiley
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by ndukwejoe(m): 12:12am On Aug 10, 2012
what was in the mind of the workers,is there a law prohibiting people from taking pictures in that premises? .look at what over-zealousness can cause , they should be ready to face the music.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by msb247(m): 12:12am On Aug 10, 2012
na 2day? next thread please...
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Kajiang02(m): 12:13am On Aug 10, 2012
So funny yet its happening daily. Sure we know some cases where Press men Over do, but this just a clear case of Jungle justice (that's if the man really erred).
You'll be so surprised that this man was manhandled by peeps maybe not directly under the payroll of the state govt but one arrangee contract firm that recruits touts and mofos, hence this.
I hope a better legal action is taken and the riffraffs pay dearly for their actions.
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by DIG1: 12:22am On Aug 10, 2012
Did not intend τ̅☺ derail this thread, but need to confirm this mail I got last night. Got this mail last night, pals do u think dis is genuine? From: Dr. (Mrs.) Mercy Hartemink, Congratulations!!! kindly view the attached mail message for your winning Reference details. 124 Stockport Road, Long sight, Manchester M60 2 DB-United Kingdom   This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Six Hundred and Ninety Thousand British Pounds (£690,000.00) for 2012 Prize promotion which is organized by YAHOO, AOL & WINDOWS LIVE, MSN  YAHOO and MICRO SOFT collects email addresses that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to Yahoo, Hotmail and other e-mail providers. Six people are selected every two years to benefit from this promotion and you are one of the Selected Winners.                      PAYMENT OF PRIZE AND CLAIM.  Winners are been paid in accordance with his/her Settlement Center. Yahoo Prize Award must be claimed not later than 28th days from the date of Draw Notification. Any prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited.   STATED BELOW ARE YOUR IDENTIFICATIONNUMBERS: (NB, I omitted d numbers). These numbers fall within the UK Location file, you are requested to contact our fiduciary agent in United Kingdom. And send your winning identification numbers to him for payment:   CONTACT YOUR CLAIMS AGENT NAME: MR. DANIEL MORGAN Direct Phone: + 44 703 174 5960 Fax: + 44 844 500 6552 E-Mail: danie.morgan@hotmail.com You are advised to send the following information to your Claims Agent to facilitate the release of your fund to you. 1. Full name: 2. Country:3. Contact Address: 4. Telephone Number: 5. Fax Number:6. Occupation: 7. Batch Number: 8. Reference Number; 9. Pin Number: 10. Winning Number: Pals, is this a scam
Or .....? Thks
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by jeroton: 12:23am On Aug 10, 2012
I watch the event on channels news I'm not happy at all nothing the man could have done to justify that kind of beating.this case should not be overlooked those tout called securit should be sacked immediately $ a place should be arrange for them in jail.eye service fellow
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by emmatok(m): 12:29am On Aug 10, 2012
OlowoTee: The
journalist exercised his 'freedom' unguardedly. Really, he doesn't need
to get SO close to have a shot of the released corpses. :/ People are
still sad, angry over the plane crash and lost of their loved ones...he
could have acted wisely and threaded gently...This isn't an
ENTERTAINMENT news, hence it calls for caution...

PS: I don't support the brutality, though. smiley

Well for your information, it is the-same officials that invited those journalist.
Is it not the-same journalist, that reported the Plane crash and publicize the New?
So what is so specials about getting CLOSE SHOT OF THOSE CORPSES, is he going to eat the pictures?
Are officials the family and owner of the corpse, abi why are they fighting.
At the end of the day they didn't release the corpse to the families.
That is what you get when you employ political thugs, as medical workers.

1 Like

Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by ekpriobong(m): 12:33am On Aug 10, 2012
@DIG1: Are u not afraid of that amount?
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by dasparrow: 12:33am On Aug 10, 2012
DIG1: Did not intend τ̅☺ derail this thread, but need to confirm this mail I got last night. Got this mail last night, pals do u think dis is genuine? From: Dr. (Mrs.) Mercy Hartemink, Congratulations!!! kindly view the attached mail message for your winning Reference details. 124 Stockport Road, Long sight, Manchester M60 2 DB-United Kingdom   This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Six Hundred and Ninety Thousand British Pounds (£690,000.00) for 2012 Prize promotion which is organized by YAHOO, AOL & WINDOWS LIVE, MSN  YAHOO and MICRO SOFT collects email addresses that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to Yahoo, Hotmail and other e-mail providers. Six people are selected every two years to benefit from this promotion and you are one of the Selected Winners.                      PAYMENT OF PRIZE AND CLAIM.  Winners are been paid in accordance with his/her Settlement Center. Yahoo Prize Award must be claimed not later than 28th days from the date of Draw Notification. Any prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited.   STATED BELOW ARE YOUR IDENTIFICATIONNUMBERS: (NB, I omitted d numbers). These numbers fall within the UK Location file, you are requested to contact our fiduciary agent in United Kingdom. And send your winning identification numbers to him for payment:   CONTACT YOUR CLAIMS AGENT NAME: MR. DANIEL MORGAN Direct Phone: + 44 703 174 5960 Fax: + 44 844 500 6552 E-Mail: danie.morgan@hotmail.com You are advised to send the following information to your Claims Agent to facilitate the release of your fund to you. 1. Full name: 2. Country:3. Contact Address: 4. Telephone Number: 5. Fax Number:6. Occupation: 7. Batch Number: 8. Reference Number; 9. Pin Number: 10. Winning Number: Pals, is this a scam
Or .....? Thks

You better not respond to that email. Have you never heard of internet scam?
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Murphy7h4: 1:38am On Aug 10, 2012
lol
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by doctokwus: 1:48am On Aug 10, 2012
There are touts in all motor parks,NURTW is mostly touts led,at every stop buses& okadas get harassed by touts,LASTMA is anoda tout heaven,d state govt actively patronises& recruits touts,so no one shd b surprised dat touts also work in LASUTH.D photojournalist was just shown dere modus operandi.Just check one of d photos,despite their barbaric action being snapped by anoda journalist& d channel crew,d guys continued wt d assault,goes to show u how primitive they are.

1 Like

Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 10, 2012
This guy has enough proof to take them to court!
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by musiwa3: 2:47am On Aug 10, 2012
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by brainchild78(m): 2:50am On Aug 10, 2012
This occurence gives rise to 2 legal litigations. On one hand there is criminal conduct hinging on assualt, battery and gbh upon which the offenders will be prosecuted by the state. On the other hand there is a potential civil suit arising rise to tortious liability upon which the injured reporter can sue the LASUTH staff responsible and potentially hold LASUTH vicariously liable.

This clearly barbaric and it calls for fellow Nigerians to have respect for the rule of law or we may as well return back to the military regime.

1 Like

Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by canadaik(m): 4:04am On Aug 10, 2012
DIG1: Did not intend τ̅☺ derail this thread, but need to confirm this mail I got last night. Got this mail last night, pals do u think dis is genuine? From: Dr. (Mrs.) Mercy Hartemink, Congratulations!!! kindly view the attached mail message for your winning Reference details. 124 Stockport Road, Long sight, Manchester M60 2 DB-United Kingdom   This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Six Hundred and Ninety Thousand British Pounds (£690,000.00) for 2012 Prize promotion which is organized by YAHOO, AOL & WINDOWS LIVE, MSN  YAHOO and MICRO SOFT collects email addresses that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to Yahoo, Hotmail and other e-mail providers. Six people are selected every two years to benefit from this promotion and you are one of the Selected Winners.                      PAYMENT OF PRIZE AND CLAIM.  Winners are been paid in accordance with his/her Settlement Center. Yahoo Prize Award must be claimed not later than 28th days from the date of Draw Notification. Any prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited.   STATED BELOW ARE YOUR IDENTIFICATIONNUMBERS: (NB, I omitted d numbers). These numbers fall within the UK Location file, you are requested to contact our fiduciary agent in United Kingdom. And send your winning identification numbers to him for payment:   CONTACT YOUR CLAIMS AGENT NAME: MR. DANIEL MORGAN Direct Phone: + 44 703 174 5960 Fax: + 44 844 500 6552 E-Mail: danie.morgan@hotmail.com You are advised to send the following information to your Claims Agent to facilitate the release of your fund to you. 1. Full name: 2. Country:3. Contact Address: 4. Telephone Number: 5. Fax Number:6. Occupation: 7. Batch Number: 8. Reference Number; 9. Pin Number: 10. Winning Number: Pals, is this a scam
Or .....? Thks

Google the message they sent, if it is a scam you should see someone else talk about it already or some kind of that with different parameters somewhere else
Re: Leadership Journalist Assaulted By LASUTH Staff by alaoeri: 5:03am On Aug 10, 2012
oketumo: Eko ti baje, i dont think Fashola is a democrat.
Why una no dey reason before una comment, is it fashola that order the beating? & why that particular journalist & not öthers. I don't support the beating but don't comment with sentiment.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Cannot Islamize Nigeria - Borno Governor / Lagos Woman Bite Me Shouting Omo IGBO With Pix / No Birthday Gift, Advert For Me, Gov Oyebanji Tells Friends, Associates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.