Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show (31434 Views)

Simple Tips To Help You Succeed In A Musical Talent Hunt Competition / The Art Of Nigerian Musical Artistes Taking Hard Drugs / Secrets Of Winning Musical Talent Hunt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by darqly(m): 5:30am On Apr 08, 2006
Star Quest Vs Big Brother

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Star Quest, but it's a musical talent hunt. The contestants have been drawn at random into various bands and the winning band will get a contract. Some of these guys can really sing.

I feel it's a better investment in Nigerian youths than big brother. I don't see anything positive that big brother can add to the housemates apart from the cash, and to get it, you have to be scheming and hypocritical. They might have well just done a draw and given some lucky bastard $100k.

Check out Star Quest here and holla back: www.star-nigeria.com.
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by Seun(m): 8:38am On Apr 08, 2006
Hello dargly, thanks for sharing. On what channels and at what time is the Star Quest reality Tv show broadcast? Is there a way that those abroad can watch it too?

About the impact of reality TV shows: Do you really need a TV show to hunt for a musical band? I don't think so! You need nothing more than a recording studio and a judge with good ears. So why is the Star Quest being broadcast on TV? To entertain us, and nothing more. Which is the same thing Gulder Ultimate Search and Big Brother Nigeria are about. Entertaining TV viewers in order to catch their attention. Whatever happens to contestants after the show is just a side-effect!

Update: Why does their website require visitors to be over 18?
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by Badman888(m): 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2006
Star Quest is for only people that can sing, Big brother brings people with different talents and of course its not everyone that can sing,
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by darqly(m): 1:42pm On Apr 08, 2006
Here are times the show is aired and on what channels -

Nta Network
Monday,Tuesday and Thursday 10-11pm
Sunday, Wednesday,Friday and Saturday 10:30pm

Silverbird TV Everyday 10:30pm

I don't think there's a way those outside Nigeria can watch(unless they subscribe to NTA cheesy). I think their best bet is to make do with online content i.e. Downloads, updates and pictures.

Basically, depending on who is behind any reality show, it's just a commercial gimmick. Makers of Star are carving a niche for themselves in the promotion of music and throwing in some entertainment to boot. It is true that big brother aims at entertainment, but at what cost? I believe that no good comes out of encouraging people to be salacious or treacherous just to be the last man standing.

@Badman
Yes starquest is strictly for people that are musically talented, but what do the inmates of Big brother do to display or market their talents?
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by smartsoft(m): 7:58pm On Apr 10, 2006
@Seun i dey feel you man !
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by tobicoker(m): 11:16pm On Apr 20, 2006
Guys, what do u think of the just concluded Star Quest? How does it compare with Gulder Ultimate Search?
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by Modups1(f): 11:47am On Apr 21, 2006
Hi guys,
star quest was definitely a great show. i was happy to see nigerian youths put their talents to good use.
the winning band D'ACCORD were winners from the minute the band was formed as far as i am concerned.
comparing it to ultimate search is tough coz they r both great shows and organised by d same nigerian breweries. smiley
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by omoroje: 11:53am On Feb 17, 2007
GOODAY SIR
I wont to register with star quest 2007 please direct me on how to go about it.

Thanks
Emmanuel O.
E -mail address; emmaomoje@yahoo.ca
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by keenchiori(m): 10:28am On Jan 15, 2008
Hi Modups
You seem to know about this star ques thing, pls how do i sign up with them for the next hunt?
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by fkroland: 4:07am On Mar 09, 2008
i love ur plans sir may God bless u 4 d true love u show me by d grace of almighty God i am coming straight dat very day

Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by cptchicks(m): 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2008
LOL
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
star quest is cool sha. not a very bad idea
i think i rather that to big brother, you know you can live a fake life for all your days in big brother
but at star quest, if you are not musssic then you are not music,
you cant fake it
LOL
ya'll take care, i done signed up for star quest since and ive got my confirmation mails and all
well peace
1 grin
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by PaDean: 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2008
Hi,
i'm Andy Samuelsson A.k.a>Pa_Dean. i'd love to know if music producers like Kennis organise talent hunt for up coming artiste like me and others, anyway i'd love a list of them if possibly emaile to me at andystrueheart@yahoo.com
Thank you.
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by temple(m): 11:09am On May 07, 2008
Star Quest:::: yeah i like it, its good hunt for fun and luck to Stardom, lol,don't mind me, i watched it last nite when they had this RAP BATTLE OF A THING, but i don't like how it's conducted, if you want to know more about what i think about it, there is a topic i will post on www.africanhiphop.com . , when the link is ready i will post it and get back to you with it
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by artmaster: 6:12pm On May 07, 2008
Hi guys hook up with friends on face book and check out the MUSIC UNITED group
www.facebook.com

Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by McDreamy: 11:26pm On May 10, 2008
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by lucabrasi(m): 11:29pm On May 10, 2008
watched it out of boredom and i v grown to like the diamonds especially the lil cute girl with the big voice and that guy
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by tundewoods(m): 11:45pm On May 10, 2008
grin [center]AND THE WINNERS ARE THE DIAMONDS[/center] grin
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by lucabrasi(m): 2:07am On May 11, 2008
im really happy for them especially when i saw the last year's winners, the diamond were better than them 10 times over, the song i wish they ll do a video of is that funny blues , common lets do yakus common lets do yakus grin grin dat lead guy is hillarious
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by Modups1(f): 2:45pm On May 12, 2008
the right group won out right! d diamonds deserved it as they were the most focused band from inception
congrats to dem cheesy
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by egiemhe: 5:42pm On Jan 23, 2010
i love ur stuff, pls how can i register cus am a musician too.
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by UniqueJ1: 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2010
Good Day Everybody, my name is Unique J. please i need clue to apply for the talent show starting very soon
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by olayemD2: 11:03am On Feb 13, 2010
i want to register for star quest pls give me the clue.am olayemi,GOD bles you
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by adetunji93: 11:35am On Feb 17, 2010
please guys can u give me the steps on how to register please mail me adeteejayo4@gmail.com please i want to register before it closes
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by elfuego(m): 3:07pm On Mar 22, 2010
StaR quEst thIS yEAr iS the WOrst iVe seeN in REcenT tyMs. thE conTeStAntS (esP) thE voCALiSts are wack!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by meggy11: 7:37pm On Mar 24, 2010
@el fuego
it always start like that. just give it some time.it is actually going to be fun  trust me.
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by Orikinla(m): 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2010
They are not professionals, they are inexperienced and most of them are not even well groomed musically.
How many of them can play musical instruments satisfactorily or defend the music in their albums?

Musical judges should be resource persons drawn from reputable music institutions, industry professionals who know their onions and music instructors with results.

~ Akapo Emmanuel in “Will real Stars be produced” on Star Quest, page 47 of the Viewpoint in Sunday Vanguard on March 28, 2010.

Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by jesipet: 3:18pm On Apr 08, 2010
first time here sha, but all im asking 4 is how 2 get on with star quest 2011 cuz i wana b on de show but dont know how 2 go about it or to get relevant information (jesiepeter@rocketmail.com)
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by ikye11: 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]i happy joining dis site, but i need to know how to register fior the star quest musical talent hunt shoe thanks i'm grateful and God bless you 08066242731 or prince2nise@yahoo.com thanks again[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Star Quest: Nigerian Musical Talent Hunt Show by jasedu60: 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2012
Hello, Did you guys actually do this show?

I am interested in a Talent show in Nigeria as I am originally a Nigerian, but I can't do Music because I am not good at it, I found out about Nigeria Talent Hunt (www.NigeriaTalent.com or www.NigeriaTalentHunt.com) starting registration on 31st of January 2012, can anyone in Nigeria help me pay N4,000 the screening fees, I will buy you anything worth N5,000 in return from UK or send you the money by western union.

I seriously want to go on the show, or tell me if you know any talent show where I can come to Nigeria and display my talent. Please let me know (jasedu60@yahoo.com)

I really want to be on this show because so many Nigerian in UK are talking about it and it's coming on Nigeria Television Authority and also on BEN TV UK and I love one of the Judges (Ini Edo), I hope she like me.

Please fellow Nigerians, I am not a begger, I'm willing to pay

(1) (Reply)

Osayimwen Osahon George: Don't Watch Blue Films Just Watch Nigerian Music Videos / Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm / DJ Barbie Mixtape "Lituation"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.