Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,014 members, 7,806,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September (20821 Views)

CBN To Publish Names Of Bank Debtors / CBN To Punish Landlords & Schools That Ask For Dollars / Nigeria's Inflation Drops To 8.3% In September – NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by youngies(m): 7:35am On Aug 10, 2012
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) will very likely release into the market on September 1, 2012, a N5000 currency, under its on-going currency and payment reform scheme. The currency, according to a very reliable and close source in the apex bank, was considered because of the CBN’s cashless policy, which will be extended to other parts of Nigeria by next year.

The source also disclosed that the N5000 currency is like a guarded secret by the CBN, which it plans to release as a surprise to the market. The N5,000 single note will be the fifth note to be introduced into the economy in 13 years.

The first was N100 introduced in 1999, by the then Governor of CBN, Mr. Joseph Sanusi. Also, in 2000 and 2001, N200 and N500 denominations, respectively were introduced into the economy. The apex bank also in 2005 launched the N1000 denomination under the immediate past Governor of CBN, Professor Chukwuma Soludo.

It is speculated that the late President Umaru Yar’Adua’s head will be the bust on the note as mark of honour to him for his contributions to the polity and national economy.

Our source disclosed also that the CBN plans to make the currency a bit scarce unlike other currencies to ensure it does not disturb the

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/2173-cbn-to-launch-n5000-notes-in-september
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by strangest(m): 7:39am On Aug 10, 2012
Yaradua's picture on his sick bed?
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:40am On Aug 10, 2012
What has Ya`radua done in the interest of Nigerians to deserve such honor?

This Hausa people shaa
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by chino24: 7:44am On Aug 10, 2012
^

My thought as well.

He was about the worst president Nigeria ever had after Shagari.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by onatisi(m): 7:47am On Aug 10, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: What has Ya`radua done in the interest of Nigerians to deserve such honor?

This Hausa people shaa
he killed 1000 bok haram members

5 Likes

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by amosy007: 7:55am On Aug 10, 2012
All these tales of the moonlight by some desperate sources willing to write any c.ock and bull story to sell their papers or drive traffik to their sites..

Imam boko lamudo sanusi wnt be so dumb to do such thing

Next

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Acidosis(m): 7:55am On Aug 10, 2012
Though I doubt this story»»»
Is it a must to put some people's head on our currency? and even if they must. .Ojukwu would have been the best option not Yar'adua. . Yar'adua was already dead before he was called to rule the nation-ask OBJ.

6 Likes

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Youngzedd(m): 7:56am On Aug 10, 2012
What the Hell, after all the S H I T the Northerners deceived/did on his death and you still want His head to be on 5,000 note, what did He achieved to be given such an honor.

Nigeria where are we going, this is what former CBN chairman wants to avoid has been in place, Politicians your prayers has been answered carry 10 Billion naira on a bag and it will not be noticed.

Soludo tried his best to remove all this denomination, but failed, for the benefit of our country now this is how the plan of the evil ones are progressing.

People has been complaining the money has no value again but they will see pepper.
Just flashback how Nigeria currency was before the introduction of all this denominations.
Let us use our tongue to count our teeths.

How many Igbos or Yourubas half head has been on Naira notes except Zik on 500 note.

It's time to work up Igbos and Yorubas.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

4 Likes

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:59am On Aug 10, 2012
onatisi:
he killed 1000 bok haram members

Nice one and he deserve to be honored for that.

Do we really know who this Sanusi is?

He is like an instrument of the northern wise men.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Youngzedd(m): 8:02am On Aug 10, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Exactly.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by onatisi(m): 8:02am On Aug 10, 2012
sanusi is an hatchet man for the north
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Yeske2(m): 8:27am On Aug 10, 2012
A top officer of the CBN contacted refuted the story, let's all wait till it's made official before we react.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Pukkah: 8:34am On Aug 10, 2012
On one hand he is promoting cash-less policy, on the other hand he's making it easier to carry cash around. undecided

What exactly does Sanusi want?

4 Likes

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by RichDad1(m): 8:56am On Aug 10, 2012
It will be easier having my picture on the New note than Yar adua's.Joke of the century...Wait ooo,i heard N10,000 Note[alapapo] will be released also with MKO image on it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by yanni1(m): 9:05am On Aug 10, 2012
[quote author=Pukkah]On one hand he is promoting cash-less policy, on the other hand he's making it easier to carry cash around. undecided

What exactly does Sanusi want? [/quote

very true...cos that way you can carry a million in ya pockets without stress.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by IjeomaObasi: 9:21am On Aug 10, 2012
It's not going to be a good idea o.well,till when we hear from sanusi.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 10, 2012
5000 Note will be nice idea and I dont care whose head is on it. Its just money, and one piece instead of 5 pieces of 1000 is very okay by me. Another excuse to say, I aint got change.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by 2bey(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2012
Acidosis: Though I doubt this story»»»
Is it a must to put some people's head on our currency? and even if they must. .Ojukwu would have been the best option not Yar'adua. . Yar'adua was already dead before he was called to rule the nation-ask OBJ.

Since Yar'adua died before Ojukwu did, I guess Ojukwu's picture(not head) w'd be on the N10,000 currency. I wonder what we are missing here, 'cos we sure aren't seeing so clearly what they are aiming at?
I 've heard stuff about international prospects to make a cashless society . . . Public affairs analysts w'd 've to give us the pros and the cons of this.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Biggyd2: 9:34am On Aug 10, 2012
Our legislooters don't do cashless. I guess the N5000 note will make it easier for them to hide their loots/bribe money in their agbada our wherever they hide them these days. undecided
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Super1759: 9:34am On Aug 10, 2012
Mehn, if you mistakenly drop this note. Body go tell you. Nna nawaooo. Yardaua died with his 7point agenda. So why him?
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by lacasa: 9:35am On Aug 10, 2012
Kudos Sanusi

a. Very good way ϯo honour the best civilian President Nigeria has had though short lived cry

Any bigot here can kiss a transformer fσr all we care cool

May God grant President Yar'adua eternal Paradise

Ameen

4 Likes

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 10, 2012
OMG! More Rituals ... God protect Us angry
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by seedord247(m): 9:37am On Aug 10, 2012
5000 naira. . . we don dey follow zimbabwe for back. sad
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by greall1: 9:38am On Aug 10, 2012
Fake news WWW
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Lordave: 9:38am On Aug 10, 2012
youngies: The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) will very likely release into the market on September 1, 2012, a N5000 currency, under its on-going currency and payment reform scheme. The currency, according to a very reliable and close source in the apex bank, was considered because of the CBN’s cashless policy, which will be extended to other parts of Nigeria by next year.

The source also disclosed that the N5000 currency is like a guarded secret by the CBN, which it plans to release as a surprise to the market. The N5,000 single note will be the fifth note to be introduced into the economy in 13 years.

The first was N100 introduced in 1999, by the then Governor of CBN, Mr. Joseph Sanusi. Also, in 2000 and 2001, N200 and N500 denominations, respectively were introduced into the economy. The apex bank also in 2005 launched the N1000 denomination under the immediate past Governor of CBN, Professor Chukwuma Soludo.

It is speculated that the late President Umaru Yar’Adua’s head will be the bust on the note as mark of honour to him for his contributions to the polity and national economy.

Our source disclosed also that the CBN plans to make the currency a bit scarce unlike other currencies to ensure it does not disturb the

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/2173-cbn-to-launch-n5000-notes-in-september
na craze, who send them?
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by miteolu(m): 9:41am On Aug 10, 2012
Another inflation to rise by 5% because the introduction of such currency renders small denomination like N5, N10, N20 useless.
Also, it encourages more of corruption because smaller denomination are worthless

Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by lumeneng22: 9:41am On Aug 10, 2012
At a time when we are going cashless?
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Okijajuju1(m): 9:41am On Aug 10, 2012
Sounds like a fake useless news..

You cant introduce a #5000 naira bill without a 2000 naira bill. And if Sanusi is still in charge of the CBN, I know he has been a strong advocate of even shrinking our currency rather than introducing higher denominations.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by sammyyoung3: 9:42am On Aug 10, 2012
Fake story.....I work with the CBN and dis is so untrue
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by deandavid(m): 9:42am On Aug 10, 2012
Billyonaire: 5000 Note will be nice idea and I dont care whose head is on it. Its just money, and one piece instead of 5 pieces of 1000 is very okay by me. Another excuse to say, I aint got change.
ah we are finished even u? U dnt knw d economical effect of this move? Have u heard of hypergallopin inflation, when u got to buy biscuit for 1k. If them try am, nigeria don divorce be dat o.
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Nurudeen390: 9:45am On Aug 10, 2012
If yar'adua is worst wat about Jonatharn
Re: CBN To Launch N5000 Notes With Yar'adua's Head In September by Lordave: 9:46am On Aug 10, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

He is like an instrument of the northern dumb men.
[s]
OYINBOGOJU:

[/s]
OYINBOGOJU:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gt Bank Coins / Zenith Bank Names Adaora Umeoji As New GMD/CEO / Get A Moniepoints POS Terminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.