Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Where Are You Observing Itikaf - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Where Are You Observing Itikaf (1109 Views)

Muslim Divers Observing Salat(prayer) Under The Sea / Observing Solat With A Cloth That Has A Image On It / The Permissibility Of Observing Eid Maulid Dun-Nabi (Prophet' Birthday) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are You Observing Itikaf by cola: 3:55pm On Aug 10, 2012
Are you observing the full seclusion or have to go out to work?
Where are you observing yours?
Whats the experience like thus far?

Ramadan Mubaarak!
Re: Where Are You Observing Itikaf by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2012
I am not going to be doing itkaf this year. I just can't.
Re: Where Are You Observing Itikaf by cola: 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2012
how sad!
but why is that so?
you can take out a couple of hours everyday, esp. at nights to stay in the masjid with the intention of itikaf, making devotion (ibadaat) to Allah (swt).
that might be better than not doing at all
Re: Where Are You Observing Itikaf by deols(f): 9:24am On Aug 13, 2012
「「itikaf means seclusion and if u wld only take some time out 2 observe those acts of worship in a mosque,u shld call it somefn else. the least itikaf u can avis a night wv d intention. going and coming like some people do,I dont think is what itikaf is about. waAllahu a'lam

@op I am not observing Itikaf yet. my schedule isnt allowing it but my peeps ar doin it somewhere in Ibadan

May Allah accept everyone's Ibadah. amin
Re: Where Are You Observing Itikaf by siddiq202(m): 10:09am On Aug 13, 2012
@OP
yes I'm observing Itikaf but I'm not observing the full one because I have to go to work.
I'm observing it a big Mosque around my area and the experience has been great with about 500 Muslims cheesy
Re: Where Are You Observing Itikaf by siddiq202(m): 10:09am On Aug 13, 2012
@OP
yes I'm observing Itikaf but I'm not observing the full one because I have to go to work.
I'm observing it in a big Mosque around my area and the experience has been great with about 500 Muslims cheesy
Re: Where Are You Observing Itikaf by Abuklaw(m): 11:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
Am observin the full seclusion here in the "aree musulumi of yorubaland" mosque here in ibadan wit close 2 5 hundred fellow muslims who sacrifice their mundane tym and pleasure 4 spiritual closeness wit their rabb.may Allah reward evry secluder wit janat firdaus

1 Like

Re: Where Are You Observing Itikaf by salinson: 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2012
Am on ikaf since the commencement of the last ten days, itikaf is a ritual act that u have to secluded totally in the mosque for the period, may almighty Allah make it ease for us and grant us paradise! Masalam

Re: Where Are You Observing Itikaf by cola: 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
deols: 「「itikaf means seclusion and if u wld only take some time out 2 observe those acts of worship in a mosque,u shld call it somefn else. the least itikaf u can avis a night wv d intention. going and coming like some people do,I dont think is what itikaf is about. waAllahu a'lam

@op I am not observing Itikaf yet. my schedule isnt allowing it but my peeps ar doin it somewhere in Ibadan

May Allah accept everyone's Ibadah. amin

Hi deols,

The intention is key. Even a couple of hours in the masjid with no going about, with the intention to devote those hours in worship to Allah would be good. The key things are: 1. You must be in the masjid; Allah ta'ala sayssad Laa tubaashiru unna wa antum 'aakifuna fili masaajid. 2. You must have in the intention to devote those hours to Allah.

W'Allahu a'alam.
Re: Where Are You Observing Itikaf by deols(f): 8:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
cola:

Hi deols,

The intention is key. Even a couple of hours in the masjid with no going about, with the intention to devote those hours in worship to Allah would be good. The key things are: 1. You must be in the masjid; Allah ta'ala sayssad Laa tubaashiru unna wa antum 'aakifuna fili masaajid. 2. You must have in the intention to devote those hours to Allah.

W'Allahu a'alam.

I heard you
Re: Where Are You Observing Itikaf by olawalebabs(m): 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
May Allah accept it as an act of worship. The security situation down here has made the govt. to cancel it down here. May Allah made it easy for us.
Re: Where Are You Observing Itikaf by siddiq202(m): 11:51am On Aug 16, 2012
cola:
...The intention is key. Even a couple of hours in the masjid with no going about, with the intention to devote those hours in worship to Allah would be good. The key things are: 1. You must be in the masjid; Allah ta'ala sayssad Laa tubaashiru unna wa antum 'aakifuna fili masaajid. 2. You must have in the intention to devote those hours to Allah.

W'Allahu a'alam.

(1) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan,muslim Students Society Of Nigeria(mssn) / A Profound Point In the Story Of Adam And Satan / Usermane; Concerning The Islam Section And Censorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.