Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,229 members, 7,807,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? (6295 Views)

Poll: My job or my upcoming wedding?

the job: 19% (17 votes)
the wedding: 80% (71 votes)
This poll has ended

Starting A Business Or Getting A Job: 08 Powerful Strategies To... / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA / Which Hand-made Work Or Craft Do You Think Is Most Reliable In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by uchetobi(f): 9:07am On Dec 21, 2007
do u have to ask?
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by lilian(f): 9:14am On Dec 21, 2007
Don't mind the useless Boss. He is nothing than and enemy of progress. If he realy want your progress, he should have adviced you not to joke with your marriage. My dear, forget him and his job. Go ahead with your marriage. you will get better off job.

May the grace of God be with you and your family. HAPPY MARRIED LIFE.

CHEERS
embarassed
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by VAdmiral(m): 10:51am On Dec 21, 2007
@ Poster

I don't expect u to be asking this kind of question. Do u know what u would have done?
If he told u this in his office u would have taken a plain sheet of paper right from his table, asked him him to excuse u his pen, leaned forward on his table and written two words - I RESIGN - and handed it back to him right there.

What kind of a slave driver do u have for a boss. Don't mind him jare my sister, go ahead with your life. A better job would definitely be in one of the packages God would deliver to u as a weeding gift on that day.

Can u imagine! I thought all the bad belle people died during the civil war! Sure this one must have escaped!! angry angry angry angry angry

ONYE ANYA OKU!!!! JEALOUSY!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Happy wedlock my sister! You will give birth to twins - Boys (Bafana Bafana) grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley grin grin grin
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by evelove1: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2007
IF I MAY ASK IS YOUR BOSS MARRIED ? IS HE NORMAL ?
I THINK HE NEEDS  PSYCHIATRIST.HE IS NOT NORMAL.
DONT MIIND HIM ,GO AHEAD AND DO UR MARRIAGE.
FROM MY OWN PERSPECTIVE I THINK HE NEEDS PRAYERS
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by fadenike(f): 1:34pm On Dec 21, 2007
Go for your wedding baby, making home is a job itself.
God will surprise u with a good job.
happy married life in advance
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by debomb: 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2007
Can i just ask . Was it in your contract that you are to remain single for some years or whilst in the job? If not you can sue him to court if he fires you thats unlawful sacking due to discrimination.

Wait sef! Is it a one man business? Anyhow i think you should talk to him afterall its just friday!. Book the day off . Don't think too much about it. Everybody knows he's the joker!He might just be teasing you to see how you would react. Be calm and put in prayer. All the best!
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by annoited(m): 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2007
wats the natureof your job n salary?
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by NnaNna4(m): 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2007
Well, my mind is wandering if u have been sucking 'mouthfull' from this guy  for him to make this statement or probably he thinks u have not paid back enough for his generous offer b4 jumping overbaord .
Did he meet u in one public place n offered u a job or your credentials are so bad that he assumes that u cant' meet such benevolence anywhere else? I think i hv askd 2 many questions n ready to ask more if u meet me in person. If u read your bible very much then you should know that there is no limit to what u can do thru prayer (whether ur answer is yes or no). my advice is that u stick to ur wedding and trust God for his blessings which includes a new job.
One more question please , do u still hav d motivation to work with him after all this?
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by efuah(f): 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2007
Resign! You wills surely get another job cus he's prolly not seizing ur cerificates or ur brain.
He that watches over Israel never slumber nor sleep/doze. . . not even for a second kiss You will not starve too. Go for this man that's making u proud n look for another job thereafter. Gd luck.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by mekoyo(m): 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2007
Just be cool, dont bother about that. Apply for a casual leave and give him/her the reason, if he insist then let your groom to be know and decide on what to do. But please dont take actions yourself.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by yemivictor: 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2007
Personally,

I think this thread is a farce! I find it hard to believe and besides, where is the originator of this thread e be like say she don take off!

I am not going to swallow this hook, line, and sinker lai! lai!!
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Soundmind(m): 5:08pm On Dec 21, 2007
I advice you to quit this job without thinking twice. If you stay here and put to bed, there will be no maternity leave for you.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by oyie(f): 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2007
if i was the one if i trully love my husband-to-be,

then f, k the job and boss!!!
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by odada(m): 7:40am On Dec 23, 2007
I didnt stumble into this thread,I gracefully found my way in cos the topic captured me!!!to be honest I was of the opinion that the poster should talk things over with her boss instead of just quitting?the boss is human and maybe married so should know what it feels like to be planning/preparing or having a wedding?

For some time now I have been having running battles with the girl I want to marry,she seems to love her job more than me and spends so much time at the office and we barely see each other weekends cause shes either attending one colleagues/friends wedding or the other?

I feel that inasmuch as we appreciate the women folk to be independent and all that,I still believe in the traditional values which to some extent is achaic ,of a woman being the pillar of a happy home!gone were the days when dady goes out to make the money and mummy stays at home with the kids and takes care of the house but those were the happy days cheesy cheesy cheesy

MARRY THE MAN OF YOUR DREAMS AND BE HAPPY,CAUSE TRULY THERE ARE LOTS OF BLESSINGS IN MARRIAGE,MORE THAN THE CRAPPY JOB OR SHIT BOSS CAN GIVE TO YOU wink wink
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Iykolysis: 9:29am On Dec 23, 2007
Before I say "jack" u better resign
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 24, 2007
@presido

that ur post na classic

FIX UR WEDDING ON A SUNDAY ABI U DEY WORK ON SUNDAY

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by princeonx: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2007
tell you Boss that both him and the job can kiss you behind!
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Millena(m): 9:45pm On Dec 24, 2007
Ur boss na woman? She be Akata? E be like say ur boss don dey eye the bobo since. Now u wan go marry am, tie him down for life. My sistah fight back oo once ur hand dey clean! Maybe U should try fixing ur wedding on a sunday or public holiday. Abi U dey work on sunday? I wish u the best.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by dremoney(m): 3:48am On Dec 26, 2007
hehe,very funny story,

Dat ur BOSS dey mad no b small, Anyway,u need nt resign ur job.

He's onli bn used to tempt u and in dat case, wat he requires is a deliverance, Take his case to God and it wil b settled.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by ebony4life(f): 11:29pm On Dec 26, 2007
If you were a guy, I would have told you to put the job first and postpone your marriage date,
that might sound stupid, but I think as a guy you are in the best position to need the money.
But now wey be say you be woman, It is most advisable for you to send both your boss and his money to blazes and cling to your better half. There is a watchword I learnt that lawyers believe in "If you are good they'll find you.
So if you are good better job offers will locate you.

HAPPY MARRIED LIFE IN ADVANCE OR IN ARREARS whatsoever the case  may be.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by onyekang1(f): 10:09am On Dec 27, 2007
I think there's more to ur story. since you have found ur better half i suggest u kiss ur job gudbye, ask ur boss to rot in hell and start up a buiz or something, better still go job hunting. ALL THE BEST.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by sagacious(f): 12:31pm On Dec 27, 2007
What is he up to ?
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by dernearla(m): 3:43pm On Dec 27, 2007
Your husband to be should have answered this question not us,
  he is in position to say dam this job let's get on with our life or dance to the tune of your admirer(Boss)
     Tell us your relationship with your boss cause no smoke without fire.
        you check your husband's financial capacity, if it's strong quit the job

do you know if the boss is a male or female befrore you conclude,anyway my advice is dat you choose your wedding and damn your boss and the job.there shall always be a way
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by johunojuri: 9:35am On Dec 28, 2007
If ur Job is worth more than your Husband u can stay and miss what ur life depends upon.
Do you know that after marriage your husband can decided to give a gift worth more the what ur Boss is distrubing himself for, maybe set up a bisuness for you. I'm sure ur Boss is one of those pay peanut and use u like Indians.

Better give yourself Brain.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by AngelLily(f): 11:27am On Dec 31, 2007
Well, Lady. i advise you to talk with your boss. perhaps there are unaired issues between you. but if you know you do your job with a good attitude then continue with the wedding with a clear conscience. something better will come your way. follow your heart and do the right thing. happy married life.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by bello4real: 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2007
Do u have anything with ur boss bofore u gave him ur IV. i mean has both of u being seeing each other aside office work.if yes then u have open up to ur fiancee and if not u have to inform him as well. or on the other way round u quit the job and look for another job elsewhere cos if you have better cert with the help of God u can find another job but u can not easily find another hus and it will be a thing of shame for u and ur family cos the day is on the way.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by omys: 5:37pm On Dec 31, 2007
I am so speechless. Your boss must be very mean. Nevertheless DON'T QUIT YOUR JOB. Pray and talk things through with your boss.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Busta(f): 5:41pm On Dec 31, 2007
That can only happen in Nigeria. embarassed shocked
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Astontj(m): 12:27pm On Jan 01, 2008
The mentally of an average Nigerian empolyer is that to get work is not that easy especially those that claimed to be a bit lucrative.But all i can say is that a lady should think about self independent. Think of what you can do on your own. If you can do extral ordinary thing, do ordinary thing extral ordinarily.
But it can take you time to get another husband either good or bad.
Think wisely.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by lifegal(f): 9:47am On Jan 02, 2008
Happy New Year My Fellow Nairalanders,

@ Seun and all thanks for your advise and opinions.

I haved worked with my Boss for 11months a week, and he has never breezed anything about relationship and we are not having an affair, i was shocked when he said i will have to come to work on the day of my Traditional marriage, i pleaded for a break dat particular day but he refused and said i will have to come to work but it will be half day.

I prayed about it my fiance, parents and pastor asked me not to go to work dat day but i went and closed by 1:37pm 24th dec. 2007.

I Thanks God who has perfected all things and who works beyound our understanding by making both the Traditional/ wedding a success.

right now am in my office waiting to hear what my BOSS will have to say.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by Qby: 11:24am On Jan 02, 2008
I aint a BOSS yet and am sure i wouldnt like it if anyone says that to me but there are things to be considered. what kind OF JOB IS IT? is it one that your boss can find a replacent for you sharp sharp? or can u work a replacement for him/her? theres nothing really new under sun. i know of 2 tv presenters who got married a certain day they both had live shows with VIPS dat day. They went to church got married, got to the tv station, did their live shows and joined guests at the reception later. all it takes really is careful planning, and prayer. hubby's or jobs dont come easy in nigeria, so my dear, think think think. besides some people just dont know how to talk, not like they are wicked.
Re: Too Choose Between My Work Or Getting Married? by eudio(f): 1:54pm On Jan 03, 2008
why on earth would ur boss ask u to come to work on ur traditional wedding day?
"the man smoke shit, abi e don dey kolo?
well, my advice to u is to quit the job.
u would get a better job.
good luck

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Tips For Growing Your Fashion Designing Career On A Lean Budget. / Adance Your Career With ICAN Easily Here / 6 Solid Ways To Put Up With A Difficult Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.