Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage (5648 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal / My Boyfriend Want Me To Get Pregnant Before Marriage And Am Still A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by sessytony(m): 2:42pm On Dec 20, 2007
from my investigations from girls before getting married i realized 98% of them have one time or the order committed abortion or given birth out of wedlock before getting married ur views pls
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by Busta(f): 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2007
98% of girls? Thats more like all girls!

Is this in Nigeria or just a general view?
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by Seun(m): 2:48pm On Dec 20, 2007
98% of the class of girls you move with?
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by niceuzor: 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2007
Seun did you say 98% shocked
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by ratiken(m): 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2007
@sessy abi sexytony
Your mum, sisters, female cousins and relatives should be quite a good number to sample with before coming up with 98%. You still have a lot of findings to do since u've started the investigation already.

or

Where you born outside wedlock?

Better get a job than keep investigating.
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by uspry1(f): 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2007
Not only Nigeria! More likely everywhere in the world you see too many young women with only one child or more WITHOUT A HUSBAND.

A half of those women did have one abortion before marriage everywhere in the world---more likely won't to reveal to her first husband about past abortion unless there is fertility/reproduction problem she will confess.

I heard about the article as well as tv news about in the USA (roughly 12 states), back early 1930s-1960s those women, who at that time were poverty (now working class), FOUND OUT THE TRUTH by the government health agencies, who paid them for adoption services---some on abortion services, did on purpose something happen to those women.

As result of later in the late 1980s-1990s those same working class adult women are frustrated not able to make babies to find out that they now are BARREN. They did not know about it (barren). The majority of those adult barren women are black, few are poverty whites.

About 50,000 or more of those barren women signed the adoption agreement to give up their first babies or abortion agreement promise not make more baby until that age reach for marriage back in 1930s-1960s and does not know about reproduction surgery removal because of their minor ages (under 15-18) to prevent making more babies. Most those women with their parent who were illiteracy at that time because of immigrants. Later when they grow older to get married and tried to make babies. That's what happen!!!

That is sad!!! Now you know why too many childess middle-aged women other than medical reason of barren out there---because of US government health corruption in the past!!! Secret is OUT!!!
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by iice(f): 4:41pm On Dec 20, 2007
I guess with that outlook. . .you might want to try the other team, should i guess that they are unblemished?
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by blueband(m): 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2007
What is wrong with having an abortion?A woman has the right to decide if she wants to keep a child or not.Abeg oooo,I am not religious so keep your religious views to yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by dimpules: 5:30pm On Dec 20, 2007
@blueband
What is wrong with having an abortion?A woman has the right to decide if she wants to keep a child or not.Abeg oooo,I am not religious so keep your religious views to yourselves.

will you then go and tell the world if your girl has an abortion? the fact that we can make choices doesn't make things right. personally i think it is murder. i respect your religious views but this forum is for discussions and if you don't like the topic you don't need to reply to it.
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by Busta(f): 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2007
I thought Freedom of speech is supposed to dominate on this forum?

each and everyone to thier own beliefs and thoughts.
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by ifyalways(f): 5:34pm On Dec 20, 2007
98 % of the 50 nigerian girls in your area ,you meant poster or  undecided
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by efuah(f): 6:40pm On Dec 20, 2007
one child b4 marriage?? or abortions?? nahhhhhhh this ur investigation na die! abeg some of us are scared of abortion o! BTW, don't conclude lyk that. . . if u move around wt such a stereotyped perception abt people/women, u will never be pleased by any, which is bad!
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by blueband(m): 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2007
I respect all views as well.I am not against abortion and will never be.If my GF has had an abortion and she wants to tell the whole word that is her business.Most people who have abortions tell their close friends.If you call abortion murder then what will you call taking "postinor".

Postinor only acts after fertilization has occurred.Taking postinor is also murder for those who think abortion is murder.
A woman has the right to decide which baby to keep and she should NOT be condemned for it.
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by kunle75(m): 8:34pm On Dec 20, 2007
i guess the poster is trying to reveal its findings, its ok but am very sure that the larger % of his research samples are his loved ones because this sound so ridiculous & unbilivable for me to blive,how did he clampdown so hard on our women like that? anyway he`s entitle to his opinion. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by dimpules: 9:11am On Dec 21, 2007
@ blueband

This is no condenmnation. We are all human and have each done terrible things. Its just calling it what it is. Murder is murder no matter what way it is done. You have a right to steal but you know deep down in you even if you are not caught that you have stolen and at that point you are a thief. It doesnt matter if you were dead broke and needed money for medical treatment. The fact that you are in a tight situation is no excuse cause when you are caught then,

I have never heard that postinor is used after fertilization o. I hope next you wont say using condom is murder as well. What is murder by the way? Perharps our opinions differ on this
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by sweetberry(f): 9:17am On Dec 21, 2007
98% is too high. out of curiosity how many girls was your research based upon?
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by blueband(m): 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2007
dimpules:

@ blueband

This is no condenmnation. We are all human and have each done terrible things. Its just calling it what it is. Murder is murder no matter what way it is done. You have a right to steal but you know deep down in you even if you are not caught that you have stolen and at that point you are a thief. It doesnt matter if you were dead broke and needed money for medical treatment. The fact that you are in a tight situation is no excuse cause when you are caught then,

I have never heard that postinor is used after fertilization o. I hope next you wont say using condom is murder as well. What is murder by the way? Perharps our opinions differ on this

Postinor is a contraceptive pill containing a single progestin hormone, levonorgestrel.It works in two ways-

1.If taken seven days before ovulation date, it suppresses ovulum development.

2.If taken after fertilisation, it prevents its implantation in uterus(this is the major way it works to stop pregnancy)

Murder is defined as killing a living person.At what stage is a foetus said to be living-at embryonic level ,at 8 weeks of pregnancy,at 16 weeks of pregnancy,at 30 weeks?Who has the right to determine at what level a Foetus is said to be living and therefore killing it will be deemed as murder?No one! Only God.

Now what postinor does is,when the sperm fertilises the egg and an embryo is formed,it stops the embry from implanting in the uterus.If you kill the embryo,have you committed murder?Ofcourse the answer is yes if you believe abortion is murder.An embryo is living!So please don't decieve yourself,using Postinor and abortion serve the same purpose.Ask another medic if you think I am feeding you with wrong information.The only difference is that society does not frown at using postinor because the believe is that the abortion occurs at embryonic level and not at the stage of the well developed foetus!

Read the articles below
http://www.righttolife.asn.au/media_releases/2002_june05b.htm

Postinor is a chemical abortant:
http://www.lifeoffice.org.au/resource/MAP_facts.pdf

As a doctor,I know for sure does who take postinor and those who do surgical abortion are not different.It gives you the SAME RESULT!

So in reality we can say a very large propotion of sexually active girls have had an abortion.With knowledge you will understand a lot of things and can judge better.That is why I do not have anything against abortion neither do I condemn people wo chose which baby to keep.It's a woman's choice!
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by saucekid(m): 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2007
bloody statistics

all wrong
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by aloib(f): 1:55pm On Dec 21, 2007
goodone blueband, people and holier than thou ehn lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by 2old4that(m): 6:19pm On Dec 21, 2007
well, lets say its not up to 98% but then a good proportion have done it before.
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by rockiedink(m): 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2007
hclucking soundwetin dem dey talk for here sef? e be like rubbish yarns, i don vamoose
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by Kajiang02(m): 8:29pm On Dec 21, 2007
Haba 98% too much
me tink 30percent
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by almondjoy(f): 9:05pm On Dec 21, 2007
@Topic

I support your "research". Considering that parents do not teach their children about birth control while in secondary schools and early university years, the greatest chance of having abortions occur between ages 16-22 years of age. By age 21 most Nigerian girls are experts in mixing concoctions. Most Nigerian girls have had their first abortion by age 19. THAT IS A FACT!!!!! kiss

When they know better, they become secondary virgins and born agains preaching against sex before marriage, which is good. Better late than never. The guys just go in search of new victims to continue the "sport".
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by 2old4that(m): 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2007
almondjoy:

@Topic

When they know better, they become secondary virgins and born agains preaching against sex before marriage, which is good. Better late than never. The guys just go in search of new victims to continue the "sport".

What a dirty sport!
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by adeboo(f): 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2007
Its all good though.
This could be true - most of us were just not maturely stable.
But when it hapened, we just have to step up and face the plate its been hard but after 9 yrs am used o it - its not ideal but the child has a right to live too.

But honestly looking at it, if i had known about getting rid of her (out of desperation), i would have but thank God i didnt - she is my joy.
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by Blackcat(f): 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2007
Are women to be blamed for the irresponsibility of men, if only men will learn to accept the fruits of their loins we won't be having this thread in the first place!
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by kingzy(m): 10:56pm On Dec 22, 2007
Dr. blueband,
u must have made so much money thru abortion.
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by blueband(m): 1:05pm On Dec 23, 2007
kingzy:

Dr. blueband,
u must have made so much money through abortion.

Hahahahaahahahah, grin grin grin grin grin.I was too lazy as a medical student to take my Obstetrics & Gynecology posting serious enough to learn how to perform abortions.After medical school I never held a scalpel or performed any instrumentation procedures.But I know doctors who perform abortion in Nigeria.And on the average they perform about 5/day.The rate is very very high,but definately not anywhere near 98 percent.Haba.

Blackcat:

Are women to be blamed for the irresponsibility of men, if only men will learn to accept the fruits of their loins we won't be having this thread in the first place!

I think it is beyond men accepting the fruit of their loins.Society has also put a lot of pressure on women to have very high moral standards compared to men(rubbish,if you ask me).Everyone should mind his business and not judge others.My respect goes to all the ladies who decided to keep their children instead of aborting them.You have my respect!But I am not in anyway condemning those who abort.And the end of the day it is a woman's choice which baby to keep!
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by conquest: 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2008
In Nigeria or where? Mr investigator, you dont say things like that. Even without an investigation you cant just say 98% of girls of have given birth or have had an abortion before marriage. Please get and state your source. Na wa for your investigations, where you carry out the investigation sef? Man go fear.
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by Shaz(f): 12:29am On Dec 27, 2008
98% ko? Why didn't you just say 100% - we'ld have believed that.
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by Cayon(f): 1:19am On Dec 27, 2008
funny thread
Re: 98 Percent Of Have Once Gotten Pregnant Before Marriage by TOYOSI20(f): 1:43am On Dec 27, 2008
Yeah, and confusing too, undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Strange That I Don't Want A Church Wedding? / Bro Code You Must Never Break (18+) / Look At Mynd44 When He Wasn't A Mod Yet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.