Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG (30594 Views)

Outages ‎force Reps To Shut Down Proceedings / There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo / No Power Outages For Four Days Now In Shomolu, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 13, 2012
Let me ask ooooh, wats d role of d LG chairman nd state governors in issues of vandalization or faulty transformers. Must d FG be blamed for every streets/villages power outage? Ansa me biko

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by deb(m): 9:42am On Aug 13, 2012
We don hear, but I will wait till December 31st before I start to take FG seriously. I had heard the same story since I was born into Nigeria.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by sarutobie(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2012
W'sfirstlady:
Let me ask ooooh, wats d role of d LG chairman nd state governors in issues of vandalization or faulty transformers. Must d FG be blamed for every streets/villages power outage? Ansa me biko
Someone with a head on his/her shoulders..people out of ignorance don't even know who to hold responsible in certain issues these days..most people don't even know the roles of their LG chairmen and state governors..when a state like akwa-ibom,enugu are developing positively and in the same country states like abia are declining.Hold the right people accountable!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Bzoe(f): 10:10am On Aug 13, 2012
is not new, we need a new updatd
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Blofeld(m): 10:57am On Aug 13, 2012
Funkymallam: The Ministry of Power has assured that worst days of power supply in Nigeria are over, noting that the recent improvement in the sector would be maintained to meet international standards.
The ministry also refuted media reports that the Shiroro Dam which supplies water to the Shiroro Hydro Power Station was shut down by the workers union.

A statement by the Special Assistant, Media, to the Minister of Power, Mr. Ogbuagu Anikwe, read, “The reports were obviously planted by a handful of professional trade unionists in the leadership of the National Union of Electricity Employees, who do not consider anything sacred in their self-assigned mission of agitation and propaganda against the ongoing power sector reform.

“We would like to assure all Nigerians that the worst days are over as far as electricity is concerned. The current improvement is not irreversible. The programme for power development in Nigeria to international standards is very much on course, and the whole world is convinced that Nigeria is finally on the right electricity track.”

According to the ministry, the facility performed better than the 760mw-Kainji hydro power plant built in 1968, which had not been overhauled till date. It added that the station was a major contributor to the unprecedented 4,237mw on the national grid and the 70mw reserve generated since August 7, this year.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/12/good-news-there-will-power-outages-fg/?wt=3
Lets watch and see!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Revolva(m): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2012
Well yesterday. I enjoyed 2days nonstop elecricity saturday till sunday na today dem take am - so where is the non stop uninterrupted power- no be today jare dem dey try dese days but am not sure they can do nonstop for now -
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by wengerjay(m): 11:41am On Aug 13, 2012
This obodo nigeria sha.Majority of nigerians are gullible.We believe in anything we read in d newspapers.These govt hirelings are out to paint the pictures as if all is well wit our nations.Many of these agents make laudable comments abt this visionless govt on this nairaland on daily basis.They re employed to do these hatchet jobs to counter people dat re making constructive and meaningful critics against the govt.These people can even make d propangada dat nigeria won medals in d jst concluded olympics. May God rescue us frm the claws of this 'tyrannic' govt and its sycophants who are bent on bleeding the governed and downtrodden to the state of anaemia.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Papikhy(m): 11:53am On Aug 13, 2012
Honestly, In EPE, a local government in Lagos state had been totally in darkness since February, 2012 and this FG Min. of power PHCN were making us believe a total outtage = /or proportional to power surplus. We have been in the dark for many months and these mediocres are talkng of "electric power improvement". For where, they are bunch of jokers. .
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Papikhy(m): 11:57am On Aug 13, 2012
Honestly, In EPE, a local government in Lagos state had been totally in darkness since February, 2012 and this FG+Min. of power+PHCN were making us believe a total outtage = /or proportional to power surplus. We have been in the dark for many months and these mediocres are talkng of "electric power improvement". For where, they are bunch of jokers. .

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Funkymallam(m): 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2012
wengerjay: This obodo nigeria sha.Majority of nigerians are gullible.We believe in anything we read in d newspapers.These govt hirelings are out to paint the pictures as if all is well wit our nations.Many of these agents make laudable comments abt this visionless govt on this nairaland on daily basis.They re employed to do these hatchet jobs to counter people dat re making constructive and meaningful critics against the govt.These people can even make d propangada dat nigeria won medals in d jst concluded olympics. May God rescue us frm the claws of this 'tyrannic' govt and its sycophants who are bent on bleeding the governed and downtrodden to the state of anaemia.

Bros, be truthful to yoursel at least and tell us, HAVE POWER IMPROVED IN YOUR LOCTION? WHERE IS YOUR LOCATION?
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Funkymallam(m): 12:10pm On Aug 13, 2012
Papikhy: Honestly, In EPE, a local government in Lagos state had been totally in darkness since February, 2012 and this FG Min. of power PHCN were making us believe a total outtage = /or proportional to power surplus. We have been in the dark for many months and these mediocres are talkng of "electric power improvement". For where, they are bunch of jokers. .

Did you care checking what is wrong with your transformer?
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Funkymallam(m): 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2012
At least many people are testifying to the fact, that there is improvement. Only the insincere ones and some holed up in HAITI will always show their foolishnes.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by ultimatesam(m): 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
we at d airport road Lugbe in Abuja are in total darkness 4 months. so wat is d minister tellin us? let him kip quiet, focus on his job n do more grin angry cool
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by NOLONGTIN1(m): 3:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
The improvement is being felt in ma area(Lagos). i haven't put on my Generator for the past 1 week grin
i commend GEJ for the improvement. Nigerians should learn to appreciate development(improvement) and not only fee-off bad news....... nobody is talkin about the improvement probably because its good news
GEJ for 2015, what other option do we have undecided
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by occam(m): 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2012
Funkymallam: At least many people are testifying to the fact, that there is improvement. Only the insincere ones and some holed up in HAITI will always show their foolishnes.

The minister only "assured" us days of power outage is over. Fine. Can we take this assurance to the bank? No. That we are seeing pockets of improvement does not mean we shouldn't be skeptical. This govt must be held to it's promise and ensure they deliver. Let's wait and see one year from today. I'll believe it, when I see it.

Jubilating over miniscule improvement is not only premature, it indicates very low expectation. We've accepted mediocre performance from our leaders; very sad and pathetic mindset.

Providing us updates on megawatt generated is absolutely useless. 5,0000 MW, 20,000 MW etc is just a metric for Engineers to bother about. The only thing most Nigerians want to know is WHEN WE GO GET LIGHT? If only 1 MW delivers power who cares!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by goofie: 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2012
but seriously in my area d light hs bn so stable unlike in the past. we used to buy 25 ltrs fuel everyweek.bt in the last 3wks we hvnt bought.when d light goes, the max it goes for is like an hour or two.

i hope its not film trick sha
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by DExplorer1: 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
Pukkah: This is what I wrote:

See what a charlatan responded with:

I guess my observation is way over your head. So, you're here again - doing your inglorious and denigrating job of feeding people with lies and attacking those who bring out salient issues.

Is this the most responsible response from your stable? You better don't give yourself hypertension over the yeye job you're doing, as your former illegal job of free internet browsing (stealing from PTOs) is not as lucrative as this.

I would expect a sensible and intelligent mouthpiece to simply clarify the matter.

But I guess expecting a sensible reply from you is way too much.

If I descend on you again, you'll run away as you shamelessly did on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1005948/gej-sued-over-fiscal-responsibility/4

I have to time for an attention-seeking mercenary and paid agent. Your views and opinions have been purchased anyway.
I know you must have been expecting my reply. I know my replies makes you smile and feel important. You see, as long as muggins like you continually attack the progress of this government with tosh content, i will be around. Dude, you're just a wacky! You want to be smart right? Check the thread you pin-pointed and open your eyes wide to see who was clueless. Again, be thankful i replied your post to identify your stup:dity and cure your ignorance. None of your posts has made any reasonable analysis. You're an expert in pointing out the negatives on every sensitive topics to celebrate it. How does that make you feel? Cheap? Yes! Shame on you Pukkah. Thank goodness you got me to always rescue your illogical opinions. Cheers!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Eziachi: 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
Dollarman101: Make una talk true for once. Light don improve significantly. Here in Uyo, we have light at least an average of 18 hours a day. It doesnt mean there's no occasional power outages, but there's a significant improvement in power supply. Even when I travelled to port harcourt last week, it was still the same testimony. Everyone was saying light don improve.
When person progress small, make we acknowledge am. No be every time be criticism.

That is the problem, don't acknowledge them for improving on same power that doesn't blink for a whole year in nearby Cameroon.
Something you're paying to be supplied to you.
Occasional outage is not also acceptable in the modern world, in fact in many countries a single outage can bankrupt the electricity company through compensation payments to businesses they may have ruined.
This is 21st century, people no longer accept mediocrity or half baked bread from those they paid very handsomely to pilot their welfare.
If electricity supply is improving, that is a good thing and a good news but you don't give them high five for doing what they are well paid to do.
You don't give high five to your well paid cook for making you a meal!
You don't praise your well paid driver for driving you well/safe!
I knew what many years of dictatorship has done to the psyche of many in Nigeria, where people are sang praised for doing their paid duties irrespective of how insignificant.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Pukkah: 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
D-Explorer:

I know you must have been expecting my reply. I know my replies makes you smile and feel important. You see, as long as muggins like you continually attack the progress of this government with tosh content, i will be around. Dude, you're just a wacky! You want to be smart right? Check the thread you pin-pointed and open your eyes wide to see who was clueless. Again, be thankful i replied your post to identify your stup:dity and cure your ignorance. None of your posts has made any reasonable analysis. You're an expert in pointing out the negatives on every sensitive topics to celebrate it. How does that make you feel? Cheap? Yes! Shame on you Pukkah. Thank goodness you got me to always rescue your illogical opinions. Cheers!

You are a terribly confused soul! Again, I reiterate the fact that you are a purchased voice and you are simply looking for genuinely concerned citizens like me to join your inglorious group. This is not possible.

Is this not what you posted before you were bought out of your ‘yahoo yahoo’ job for a pittance?

D-Explorer:
Should i call them bunch of dissapointment, should i say they're making effort to correct things just the wrong way? Each day we have a negetive view of certain thing going wrong in this country, we complain, shout, scream, talk but still no change. It goes about this selfish intrest that has been matured in high places. The masses complain every single second on both paper and electronic media but we still haven't gotten a voice.

Sincerely, what can we do to effect this CHANGE that we need so dearly. Can a move to the Billion Dollar House be resonable or should we still keep Praying?

Let me remind you of your miserable standard of living before you were bought into the group of minions and lapdogs that is adept at spreading lies and misinformation about President Jonathan’s achievements.

D-Explorer:
This free browsing thing is crazy apart from the fact that i do all my online jobs on phone, you don't get to have a stable number; switching from one network to another & changing sim for those with no 2phones. It's damm poor, infact we look like the pitied people though we're smiling.

I remain incorruptible and a voice of the masses. I cannot be bought over like you!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Pukkah: 6:32pm On Aug 13, 2012
^^^^^
D-Explorer,

I really have no time to spend on your type. Do you know one of the reasons? It is because you are a mere scoundrel and a cheat! On this same forum, you bragged about cheating private telecommunications companies and it is thus not surprising that you have today turned this way. Is this not the phone number you were using for your cons and scams – 07026175565? You want a reminder of your scamming ways?

D-Explorer:
Some people doesn't know the worth of this thing. You did a research only for you to come out and sell it for 1,000 what's the sense. Just the money, right. After maybe a month the access is denied i mean blocked. It doesn't make sense. If you're sure of what you're selling, get the person one on one, do it at a reasonable price only for few people. But in this forum is all FREE FREE FREE , and after all the settings won't last. Some people are even ready to collect 500 , poor them. Here's messed up. No sincerity, people that claims to have doesn't. For me! it's different. My settings are private and i let it go at the value of my research, if not they'll mess it up here in this forum. I hope things change.

D-Explorer:
To lwise, am just wondering what to give since we're not permitted to post tricks. 2all -Anyway dat's no excuse, right abt now Gt is messing up, so guz u can switch to Ultrasulf it's madly fast bt u can chat 4now. Am still doing a job on dat. Freedom is slow on zain bt ok on Mtn. Sollibay still works fine on phone wit Zain & Mtn. 4 dose unable to use d latest Opera mini 4.2, try Opera mini mod 4.2 dat does & it's already configured. MTN uses can try 4.2 multi-server. D downloads re free! Hope dis directions work 4u. Am off 4more research, as far as am concern F R E E browsing is 4LIFE. Tell dem!

D-Explorer:
12:26- Gud Afternoon all.
Am liking this! Dsumade & Lwise. Wonderful discovery i've a feeling it works but hey, it hasn't been fun for some days now since my mtn mobile stops browsing. Dat made me lazy on research, though i can use my laptop & int'l sim , bt hw do u feel when even on a bike ure chatting. Damm, i love my phone. My opera now works on phone & even a new software now works on yello & wonderful world. Hey! Don't ask me.
Lwise baba, am back! Gud times ahead on Temicity.
Hammid, no forget to ask that stuff, i'l call u later.
Where's Stan? Dsunmade, i salute o! I don miss many people o! Anywaz, i dey hail all of una o!

I believe that everything rises and falls on integrity. I should not be dignifying a common criminal with a reply. In a well-run country, someone like you should be behind bars but here we are, you are shamelessly and unabashedly one of the mouthpieces of our President! shocked shocked How very low Nigeria has sunk. embarassed embarassed

You can report me to someone brighter, smarter, more intelligent and scrupulous in your team to take me on. cool For a start, let them meet me on this thread from where you absconded: https://www.nairaland.com/1005948/gej-sued-over-fiscal-responsibility/4

For now, you remain vanquished, pulverized, and forgotten!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by jmaine: 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
If being an advocate & Lord of free browsing was such a big deal and crime . .Then Jmaine will be serving multiple life sentences behind bars grin
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Pukkah: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
jmaine: If being an advocate & Lord of free browsing was such a big deal and crime . .Then Jmaine will be serving multiple life sentences behind bars grin

Is it legal?
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Beautymc(f): 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2012
ultimate sam: we at d airport road Lugbe in Abuja are in total darkness 4 months. so wat is d minister tellin us? let him kip quiet, focus on his job n do more grin angry cool.
I disagree with u. I stay in FHA lugbe and my friends stays across (which is lugbe village) there's a great improvement at both areas. Pls u guys shuld check ur connection

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by DExplorer1: 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2012
jmaine: If being an advocate & Lord of free browsing was such a big deal and crime . .Then Jmaine will be serving multiple life sentences behind bars grin
hahahahahaha, bro, you shouldn't have replied that dimwit. I saw desperation and frustration written allover him. He was so determined to attack and yet jobless to dig into my obvious postings but since you've wisely educated his ignorance, i will do like-wise grin
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by jmaine: 8:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
Pukkah:

Is it legal?

So ? . . . . . Let's not derail the topic of the day
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by DExplorer1: 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2012
Pukkah: ^^^^^
D-Explorer,

I really have no time to spend on your type. Do you know one of the reasons? It is because you are a mere scoundrel and a cheat! On this same forum, you bragged about cheating private telecommunications companies and it is thus not surprising that you have today turned this way. Is this not the phone number you were using for your cons and scams - 07026175565? You want a reminder of your scamming ways?

I believe that everything rises and falls on integrity. I should not be dignifying a common criminal with a reply. In a well-run country, someone like you should be behind bars but here we are, you are shamelessly and unabashedly one of the mouthpieces of our President! shocked shocked How very low Nigeria has sunk. embarassed embarassed

You can report me to someone brighter, smarter, more intelligent and scrupulous in your team to take me on. cool For a start, let them meet me on this thread from where you absconded: https://www.nairaland.com/1005948/gej-sued-over-fiscal-responsibility/4

For now, you remain vanquished, pulverized, and forgotten!

Pukkah, Pukkah, Pukkah, why do you want to derail this thread? I'm sorry if i cut you so deep that you wanted to safe your ugly face via my initial postings.

You sure love to see me reply you, right? It does make you feel like those kids at Disney. LOL. Pukkah, shame on you again.

Point 1: I'm glad people like me led the crusade of free browsing and if not for that MTN, GLO and co. that you lunkhead use now would have dried you via rip-off. We did the research, had the stuff, earned from it and the result is how cheap internet has become at least you're on the internet with their free MB. Dude, we pressurized them, we brought them down to the standard of an average Nigeria and best believe, for a clue, i'm on wi-fi Swift 4G monthly plan on Sony model laptop and i use 2k monthly on my HTC mobile. Oh gosh, did i just said that? Alright, away from that dunce.

Point 2: The number you called 'scam' still rings and recieves call even now. How is that possible? Pukkah, now i can see you're regreting that you displayed outright foolery but I forgive your ignorance.

Point 3: Just like you, I will never be brainwashed or adopt frivolous measure as an escape route. My support for GEJ has always been clearly defined. For those on the positive side, we speak the truth when needed and we defend when neccessary but because the posts you enjoy reading here are such that bashed GEJ and his government even when they're making progress, you've been uncurably blind and dumb.

What is wrong in a government saying "There Will Be No More Power Outages"

Pukkah, you just wasted 10mins of my valued time this evening. If you reply to this comment, i won't dare waste my time again on you and if you don't, thank you! You got my message clear and simple. You idi0t.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by lonelydora: 10:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
I DEY LAUGH cheesy
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2012
grin this Pukkah guy sha. You are a badt guy o. See as e don expose some members of the 40 laptop attack rats nd attack lizards . Lol.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by dolpaz: 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
Two fighting, see grammar !

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Final Battle Between Patience Jonathan And Aisha Buhari (video) / Obadiah Mailafia: Tinubu Set To Be Used And Crushed By Some People / Omoyele Sowore Celebrates His 46th Birthday In Front Of Police Station (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.