Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG (30591 Views)

Outages ‎force Reps To Shut Down Proceedings / There Will Be More Power Outages - Nebo / No Power Outages For Four Days Now In Shomolu, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by enobong18: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2012
Imagine, emidiately i jst saw dis stuf, nepa tuk dia lyt!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by jhydebaba(m): 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2012
(There will be no more power outages) sounds more like a prophecy.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by jude33084(m): 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
omoredia: No light in my area for the past 2mins oh oppps! The light is on again. Pls NEPA D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ take the light again all this light don't feel so normal. UP NEPA!!! We Nigerians must to complain no matter what. GEJ may God help u lead all this senseless animals called Nigerians
!

Including Ɣ☺Ʊ tongue

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by fortalex(m): 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
Yeye people...i no get light since yesterday...who are they deceiving?
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by mallorca(m): 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
. . .and am presently using my generator. Irony!
grin grin grin grin
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2012
stanech: The improvement is due to the rain and cold weather and not because the FG has done something about it. After the rainy season is over. The problem will continue. Quote me.
bros I am quoting u o! U just read my mind.I thought I was the only one dat knew.let's wait for the heat to begin and u we will surely go back to square one!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by jude33084(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2012
splendidb20: My village havn't had light 4 d past six years. The poles has bn vanderlized as a result f dat. Let dem distribute light if dy hav gotten su ch megawatts, or is it only 4 cities? Cities? We ration light in my area-3days On, 3days Off. Worse dan last year

Pls tell ♈☺uЯ thiefing brothers Ť☺ stop τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ vandalism tongue grin
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by taharqa: 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
Power supply has clearly improvd but to say that 'there would be no power failure again' is a Stretch....but wait a minute, d neither d PHCN official nor d article itself said dat; dat part came directly 4rm d head of d OP..Funky Mallam in deed
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
Sisi_Kill: You guys saying you don't have light. . .you better pray for forgiveness oh. How can you be lying and on a Sunday too!!! After all the FG has been trying angry angry

Even if it is true that you don't have light, why are you saying it out loud? Do you want the FG to feel bad? Don't you know that regardless of what the situation, we are supposed to celebrate it...this will encourage the FG.

Our main duty as Nigerians. . . to praise the FG so they can give us what is rightfully ours.

Lets hear a loud "AMEN" for this wonderful sister up there.

Its not an Anti-Corruption prayer so why didn't anyone say "Amen"?!

Anyways sha, at least now we have enough light to bake cassava bread. In 2014 GEJ will come back to tell us why we deserve to re-elect him and you will becus na light una need. In 2016, they will fix the Roads and Rails. (by this time most of the world must have started using Jet packs and flying cars, but not to worry na Naija now, better late than never, abi?). Then in 2018, as we think he's finally gonna carry his bag and go back to Otueke with his Billions of Dollars, he will ask that y'all to reelect him to a "Single Term-7yr Tenure"--- by this time extreme poverty woulda made even his tribalistic supporters wild eyed and they probably have turned cannibal, eating themselves and what not.....

Ok, lemme stop. Sha, you get the picture!

Impeach that dummy now! The word is "Impeachment" and you use it NOW!!! Why are you guys satisfied with mediocrity?!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by kojusoluwa(m): 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
Let wait n see the miracle before we nail them to the cross again
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Louis88: 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2012
My area for kubwa dey get light 24/7. The only time that light went off for a day was due to the transformer. After PHCN came and repaired it, we are enjoying constant light. Kudos GEJ.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by chizstic: 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
Politicians, here they go again, infact i just started my generator nw, liars!!, we knw una, u can't deceive us, God will keep surviving us wt our generators, Greedy leaders.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Emmyzo: 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
Funkymallam: The Ministry of Power has assured that worst days of power supply in Nigeria are over, noting that the recent improvement in the sector would be maintained to meet international standards.
The ministry also refuted media reports that the Shiroro Dam which supplies water to the Shiroro Hydro Power Station was shut down by the workers union.

A statement by the Special Assistant, Media, to the Minister of Power, Mr. Ogbuagu Anikwe, read, “The reports were obviously planted by a handful of professional trade unionists in the leadership of the National Union of Electricity Employees, who do not consider anything sacred in their self-assigned mission of agitation and propaganda against the ongoing power sector reform.

“We would like to assure all Nigerians that the worst days are over as far as electricity is concerned. The current improvement is not irreversible. The programme for power development in Nigeria to international standards is very much on course, and the whole world is convinced that Nigeria is finally on the right electricity track.”

According to the ministry, the facility performed better than the 760mw-Kainji hydro power plant built in 1968, which had not been overhauled till date. It added that the station was a major contributor to the unprecedented 4,237mw on the national grid and the 70mw reserve generated since August 7, this year.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/12/good-news-there-will-power-outages-fg/?wt=3
Funkymallam: The Ministry of Power has assured that worst days of power supply in Nigeria are over, noting that the recent improvement in the sector would be maintained to meet international standards.
The ministry also refuted media reports that the Shiroro Dam which supplies water to the Shiroro Hydro Power Station was shut down by the workers union.

A statement by the Special Assistant, Media, to the Minister of Power, Mr. Ogbuagu Anikwe, read, “The reports were obviously planted by a handful of professional trade unionists in the leadership of the National Union of Electricity Employees, who do not consider anything sacred in their self-assigned mission of agitation and propaganda against the ongoing power sector reform.

“We would like to assure all Nigerians that the worst days are over as far as electricity is concerned. The current improvement is not irreversible. The programme for power development in Nigeria to international standards is very much on course, and the whole world is convinced that Nigeria is finally on the right electricity track.”

According to the ministry, the facility performed better than the 760mw-Kainji hydro power plant built in 1968, which had not been overhauled till date. It added that the station was a major contributor to the unprecedented 4,237mw on the national grid and the 70mw reserve generated since August 7, this year.

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by vega84(m): 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
Tales by moonlight
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by jango77(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2012
The light problem has been a major problem even before I was born.. Nd I'm sure it's older than most of u here so why Una dey disturb am? Our light problem get immunity!!!
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by istijabaharch: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2012
My people, don't let any body give super story. We a tired of talk talk "we go do am, we go do am"... I beg (Talk is Cheap). Let see by their actions and not stories.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Orikinla(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2012

[size=18pt]The most populous nation in Africa with over 160 million people is generating only 4,237mw, while South Africa with 58 million people generates 45,000MW.

These Nigerian ministers are CLOWNS. grin[/size]

4 Likes

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by bugsy80(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
any body expecting constant electricity (12 -18 hr) daily in next 5-10 years is a big dreamer.. it very impossible. when present demand is met the consumption will increase, more people will purchase basic home appliances( fridge, freezers, AC, TV, electric cookers, microwave etc.). please dont get rid of your Gens yet, those of you happy now enjoy it while it lasts, but maybe not has bad.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by ITbomb(m): 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
stanech: The improvement is due to the rain and cold weather and not because the FG has done something about it. After the rainy season is over. The problem will continue. Quote me.
www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/power-generation-hit-4237mw-on-monday-nnaji/
Nnaji also said that although water levels had also improved at the dams, hydro power plant
managers at Kainji, Jebba and Shiroro were
operating a management system designed to
ensure that there is water for power all year
round. “We can have more (power) if we
decide to use what is available at Shiroro, for example, but we do not want to do that,” he
said
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by istijabaharch: 5:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
My people, don't let any body give of us super story. We a tired of talk talk "we go do am, we go do am"... I beg (Talk is Cheap). Let see by their actions and not stories.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Shaw007(m): 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2012
Enoquin: The article, I believe, did not say 'no more power outage' it said 'improvements'...and on that I agree...Light was okay here before in my part of Uyo and it has improved a bit as my bill has too...
check again
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by johnsluv: 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2012
May b until assanal lift d champions league den i will believe dis crap of a story
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by 2gbasky22(m): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2012
i pray ooooo!
may be they should set a committee to luk into the mata
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by 2gbasky22(m): 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2012
i pray ooooo!
may be they should set up a committee to look into the mata.......story tellers
na today yansh begin dey back?
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Emmyzo: 5:26pm On Aug 12, 2012

[quote author=Funkymallam]The Ministry of Power has assured that worst days of power supply in Nigeria are over, noting that the recent improvement in the sector would be maintained to meet international standards.

The advicer said, they're working toward it, that everything are on course; read the 3rd paragraph well

1 Like

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Emmyzo: 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2012

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by FabulousAutos(m): 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2012
I have two 30 liters kegs that I use for my two generators. They were filled to the brim about 6 weeks ago and up till now, they are still full because light has been constant for almost 2 months.

The light have not gone off a second for the past 5 days. Come tomorrow morning, I'm going to transfer the fuel to my car. I don't know of other location, but I live in Ajah and I'm sure others in this location will testify that light have been incredibly constant here in the past 2 months.

For once, I can now believe there's hope for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by karlmax2: 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
Fabulous Autos: I have two 30 liters kegs that I use for my two generators. They were filled to the brim about 6 weeks ago and up till now, they are still full because light has been constant for almost 2 months.

The light have not gone off a second for the past 5 days. Come tomorrow morning, I'm going to transfer the fuel to my car. I don't know of other location, but I live in Ajah and I'm sure others in this location will testify that light have been incredibly constant here in the past 2 months.

For once, I can now believe there's hope for Nigeria.
ur right my brother I stay in ajah area too I ∂eƔ even fear make our transformer no blow sef because of the constant supply of electricity. Fg they are trying more grease to their elbows
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by ypzilanti: 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
Power has improved in my area.

We have had such improvement in the past, only to revert back to square one.

Remember that the rainy season has been good for the hydro stations, so this may be a passing phase.

I believe a more lasting solution to power issues is managing the privatization process competently.
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by GBAGAUN1(m): 5:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
have had light for at least 20hrs a day for 3weeks now. Ajah area of lekki
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by Shaw007(m): 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2012
Chai!! Signs of end time leleyi o!! NO power outage 4 naija??
Our vey own Nigeria?? Mehn!! D coming of the lord is at hand,y'all beta get ready!!
On a more serious note,i really really want this 2 come true,probably more than anyone here,but come'on lets not kid ourselves THIS IS SAYING U WANT 2 EAT D CHICKEN B4 KILLING IT or saying u want 2 WIPE UR AZZ B4 DROPpING,not possible. . .unless Nigeria deals with the corruption and everything,y'all saying its improving(all thanks 2 d rain) will be surprised,let december/new year come. . .u'll know ur on a long tin
Re: There Will Be No More Power Outages – FG by bright007(f): 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2012
[size=15pt]Don't count your chicks before they are hatched[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Femi Adesina: I Don’t Know If It’s Nigeria That Is Paying For Buhari’s Treatment / Bode George: Tinubu Has No Certificates, Steals Huge Amounts Of Money Monthly / Today March 28, It's Exactly A Year We Voted For Buhari, Do You Regret?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.