Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Avoid Aguiyi-ironsi Tragedy, Evah Tells Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Avoid Aguiyi-ironsi Tragedy, Evah Tells Jonathan (1135 Views)

Johnson Aguiyi-ironsi's 92nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoid Aguiyi-ironsi Tragedy, Evah Tells Jonathan by asha80(m): 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
Avoid Aguiyi-Ironsi tragedy, Evah tells Jonathan
On August 12, 2012 · In News
6:03 pm

By Emma Amaize
WARRI- ACTIVIST and Coordinator of the Ijaw Monitoring Group, IMG, Comrade Joseph Evah, has called on President Goodluck Jonathan to recall the former National Security Adviser, NSA, General Andrew Azazi (rtd), who he fired, about two months ago, to avoid the calamity that befell former military Head of State, the late Major- General Johnson Thomas Umunnakwe Aguiyi -Ironsi, 46 years ago.

Major-General Aguiyi-Ironsi, born in 1924, was the Head of State of Nigeria from January 16, 1966, until he was overthrown and killed July 29, same year, by a group of northern army officers, who revolted against his government.

Comrade Evah in an interview with Vanguard said the sacking of Azazi was a contrived agenda by some northern elements, which he (President Jonathan) fell into, despite the fact that he was forewarned not to fall into the ambush by those who want to oust him from power.

His words, “I said it long before General Azazi was removed and it was published by a national newspaper that Boko Haram would ask President Jonathan to resign once he makes the mistake of firing Azazi. It is one of the grand designs of the group and now, they have asked Jonathan to resign after he fired Azazi”.

“Some people may not know, but I want to tell you that we have a serious battle at hand now. President Jonathan should humble himself and recall Azazi.

“He should stop listening to bad advisers who he has surrounded himself with. They are confusing him and since he recalled the Director General of the Security Exchange Commission, SEC, Arunmah Oteh, I don’t see why Azazi should not be recalled”, he said.

Evah said the plan of those who wanted Azazi out was for Jonathan to expose himself, and having achieved that, “the next target is to impeach him”.

“But my prayer is that God should open the eyes of Jonathan to see the dangerous plans against him. I forewarned in my earlier interview that they would expose him as it happened to former Head of State, Gen Aguiyi Ironsi before they will strike and that is what is happening now.

“When Jonathan was trying to remove Azazi, I told him not to attempt it, that he was playing with fire, he did not listen. He ignored us because he was listening to sycophants. Now that the handwriting is very clear on the wall, he should ignore these sycophants and recall Azazi to continue with and improve on his strategy against Boko Haram”, Evah asserted.

He said from his practical analysis of the problem, Gen Azazi (rtd), understood the game plan of Boko Haram and had devised a strategy to nail them, which some powerful forces saw and deftly moved against him, but Jonathan could not decode the scheme and fell for it.

The activist said it was not easy to bring Boko Haram to its knees because of the level of support and conspiracy of people of people behind it, but he reliably gathered that Azazi and his team refused to negotiate with the terrorist group and were prepared to step on toes of persons when the President was used to cut him to size

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/avoid-aguiyi-ironsi-tragedy-evah-tells-jonathan/
Re: Avoid Aguiyi-ironsi Tragedy, Evah Tells Jonathan by Afam4eva(m): 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
I think he has a point. Jonathan should be careful with the kind of people he surrounds himself with else he may go the way of Aguiyi Ironsi.
Re: Avoid Aguiyi-ironsi Tragedy, Evah Tells Jonathan by asha80(m): 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2012
afam4eva: I think he has a point. Jonathan should be careful with the kind of people he surrounds himself with else he may go the way of Aguiyi Ironsi.

well let us see how he will react.
Re: Avoid Aguiyi-ironsi Tragedy, Evah Tells Jonathan by belovedaja(m): 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
If mko death could be planed and executed in that manner and nothing happened.If ibb could plan to kill obj when obj was in power who is gej.
I suspect that a modernised form of what happened to ironsi will happen to gej. Gej should be EXTRA careful with his relationship with the US, they are not to be trusted.
Gej must not suffer from headache not to talk of death.
Re: Avoid Aguiyi-ironsi Tragedy, Evah Tells Jonathan by Yeske2(m): 8:58pm On Aug 12, 2012
Who needs to advise that clown(GEJ), if he can't read the hand writing on the wall then let him go on digging his grave. Time will tell.
Re: Avoid Aguiyi-ironsi Tragedy, Evah Tells Jonathan by kettykin: 11:04pm On Aug 12, 2012
The biggest mistake Ironsi made was
1 putting his trust in middle belters
2 Taking his personal security for granted
3 Not having an after thought despite all the warnings he received from informants
4 He was too engrossed in reconciliation of an unreconciliable tribes in Nigeris

GEJ needs to take a step further from Ironsi
1. Understand Nigeria and what it stands for (Nigeria is a country where anything goes)
2. Empower his people so that even if by msitake he is taken out of power tommorrow the Niger Deltans have something to show for his tenure ( A deep Sea Port)
that will institutionalise wealth in the Niger Delta Area
3.Be very very very very very vigilant , i cannot over emphasize on this , Personal security should be number 1 in his agenda.
4. Strike your enemies before the strike you even if it means at the expense of National stability
(Personally i would not mind sending a strike force against IBB or OBJ or Tinubu once he gets any information they are after his Life).

personally i think If Ironsi had some foresight of what was to befall him , he would have strenthened his personal security by bringing in the best shooters from the East and he would have enlarged his personal presidential guards with the best igbo brains from sandhurst. he would have infiltrated the ranks of the north and would have planned a quick counter coup once the the north started their madness , the counter coup would comprise a strike force consisting of people like Nzeogwu, ifeajuna and others who would have struck a mintute the Northern Madness started by taking the fight to them in Ikeja barracks , Abeokuta and taking on Murtala Mohammed, Danjuma and Gowon in Lagos and ibadan while his presidential guards would have sprinted him and Fajuyi out of Ibadan while mobilizing for reinforcement from enugu for an all out war. your guess is as good as mine , the north would have backed out of the coup or at worst the casualties would have been evenly distributed forcing world bodies to intervene and call for a halt to the killings .
GEJ should personally empower Tompolo and Asari Dokubo with Defence contracts and $ Billions of dollar worth of Coastal defence contarct with an endorsement that if anything untoward happens to him that they should overun the country. (if Ironsi did such he would have been alife to be an elder statesman , probably the Chairman board of trustee of PDP or directing activities in the Country from Umuahia with IBB and OBJ paying Obesiance to him)
Re: Avoid Aguiyi-ironsi Tragedy, Evah Tells Jonathan by sheyguy: 11:10pm On Aug 12, 2012
He has already provoked a Ironsi-type anger in his colleagues(PDP), it is hard for them not to, at least, attempt to strike him. To make it look more like '66, we have Asari-Dokubo in the wings almost playing the Ojukwu role already.
Re: Avoid Aguiyi-ironsi Tragedy, Evah Tells Jonathan by Dede1(m): 11:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
@OP

The dude called Joseph Evah is a political nonentity and historical midget. Evah’s analogical nonsense with references to Azazi, Ironsi, Jonathan, Arunmah Oteh and
bad advisers is a comment devoid logic.
Re: Avoid Aguiyi-ironsi Tragedy, Evah Tells Jonathan by RickyRoss1(m): 4:35am On Aug 13, 2012
kettykin: The biggest mistake Ironsi made was
1 putting his trust in middle belters
2 Taking his personal security for granted
3 Not having an after thought despite all the warnings he received from informants
4 He was too engrossed in reconciliation of an unreconciliable tribes in Nigeris

GEJ needs to take a step further from Ironsi
1. Understand Nigeria and what it stands for (Nigeria is a country where anything goes)
2. Empower his people so that even if by msitake he is taken out of power tommorrow the Niger Deltans have something to show for his tenure ( A deep Sea Port)
that will institutionalise wealth in the Niger Delta Area
3.Be very very very very very vigilant , i cannot over emphasize on this , Personal security should be number 1 in his agenda.
4. Strike your enemies before the strike you even if it means at the expense of National stability
(Personally i would not mind sending a strike force against IBB or OBJ or Tinubu once he gets any information they are after his Life).

personally i think If Ironsi had some foresight of what was to befall him , he would have strenthened his personal security by bringing in the best shooters from the East and he would have enlarged his personal presidential guards with the best igbo brains from sandhurst. he would have infiltrated the ranks of the north and would have planned a quick counter coup once the the north started their madness , the counter coup would comprise a strike force consisting of people like Nzeogwu, ifeajuna and others who would have struck a mintute the Northern Madness started by taking the fight to them in Ikeja barracks , Abeokuta and taking on Murtala Mohammed, Danjuma and Gowon in Lagos and ibadan while his presidential guards would have sprinted him and Fajuyi out of Ibadan while mobilizing for reinforcement from enugu for an all out war. your guess is as good as mine , the north would have backed out of the coup or at worst the casualties would have been evenly distributed forcing world bodies to intervene and call for a halt to the killings .
GEJ should personally empower Tompolo and Asari Dokubo with Defence contracts and $ Billions of dollar worth of Coastal defence contarct with an endorsement that if anything untoward happens to him that they should overun the country. (if Ironsi did such he would have been alife to be an elder statesman , probably the Chairman board of trustee of PDP or directing activities in the Country from Umuahia with IBB and OBJ paying Obesiance to him)

WELL SAID, BUT IS GEJ LISTENING? DOES HE HAVE THE GUTS THIS IS THE ONLY CHANCE SOUTH EAST AND NIGER DELTANS HAVE GOT TO GO THEIR SEPARATE WAYS.....
Re: Avoid Aguiyi-ironsi Tragedy, Evah Tells Jonathan by na2day(m): 4:50am On Aug 13, 2012
No wonder Nigeria is going down hill
Too many bad advisers!
Dame Patience,
PDP,
And this one too!
Who is this Eva again? grin
Re: Avoid Aguiyi-ironsi Tragedy, Evah Tells Jonathan by Caseless: 5:24am On Aug 13, 2012
Wher was dis activist wen azazi dropd d bombshell by telin pdp d truth of their life that they cr8d BH. Sumtin we al aplauded him 4 at dat time. Ok,hu do we say kild ahmadu belo,balewa,mutala muh'd, abacha and yaradua?Wer they also trickd in by southners?
Re: Avoid Aguiyi-ironsi Tragedy, Evah Tells Jonathan by Caseless: 6:11am On Aug 13, 2012
Dis activist bamboozled!I xpkt him 2 b tlkin 4 ogoni land on wat is bedevlin dem,insted of tryin 2 monopolise and confine d presidnt 2 d south alone.He shld tel me d southern advisers dat gave most nothan leadrs dat died wyl in ofice d advice dat kild dem

(1) (Reply)

Demolition Of Public Schools Begins In State Of Osun / Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime is Not Dead / Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.