Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:56 PM

Akatas On Nairaland - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Akatas On Nairaland (40165 Views)

Are Black Africans (Nigerians) And Africans In America (Akatas) Really Different / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2012
suyu:

sad, your a very good representation of your community, not the Ms AA know its all

If it was just you in this thread we wouldn't have reached this level

So true

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by naijarican(f): 6:09pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

It doesn't make sense to me that they would call you that, you are not even that light to be called those things. There are many Africans who are your complexion.

I've also seen many Africans who are my complexion or even lighter, they just happen to be more northern African. The few folks that I have been called that by are West African mostly naija. And I gather they call me that because my complexion is quite a bit lighter than the average Nigerian.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 6:09pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican:

They can know, if they would actually take the time to get to know who we are instead of judging all black americans based on stereotypes they see in the media. I'm not gonna let black americans off the hook either about the stereotypes, LOL, because we are definitely guilty of them too. It could be why either side has a tendancy to be defensive with each other.

I hear you on that and I keep it real 100. I have always said there are dumb arse Americans too just like I said there are dumb arse Africans. People can have their opinions about America...but I have issues with people saying they can't stand a country, think the country is garbage, and sub-standard to their liking and YET STILL TRYING TO GET TO THE VERY COUNTRY they think are beneath them.

I mean WTF. I talk about Iraq all the fucking time and dissed how bleeped up their country is but YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME IN THAT BIATCH.

That's the difference between FAKE MOFOS AND REAL MOFOS. Keep it 100 all the way not when it suits you. You feel me?
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by naijarican(f): 6:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I hear you on that and I keep it real 100. I have always said there are dumb arse Americans too just like I said there are dumb arse Africans. People can have their opinions about America...but I have issues with people saying they can't stand a country, think the country is garbage, and sub-standard to their liking and YET STILL TRYING TO GET TO THE VERY COUNTRY they think are beneath them.

I mean WTF. I talk about Iraq all the fucking time and dissed how bleeped up their country is but YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME IN THAT BIATCH.

That's the difference between FAKE MOFOS AND REAL MOFOS. Keep it 100 all the way not when it suits you. You feel me?

I can definitely dig it. Ain't no other way than keeping it one hunned! I will always respect reality.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 6:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican:

I've also seen many Africans who are my complexion or even lighter, they just happen to be more northern African. The few folks that I have been called that by are West African mostly naija. And I gather they call me that because my complexion is quite a bit lighter than the average Nigerian.

I am surprised that there are Nigerians who go so far as to say that, when there are Nigerians (in fact many West Africans) themselves are that skin complexion.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
LMAO@two Bush monkeys playing tag team. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The Bigot and the Dummy.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
The only bigots in here are Royal and Chima who think they are superior to Africans

3 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by naijarican(f): 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

I am surprised that there are Nigerians who go so far as to say that, when there are Nigerians (in fact many West Africans) themselves are that skin complexion.

True. Most of the West Africans I have seen that are my complexion are usually Cameroonian or those with quite a bit of admixture.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican:

I can definitely dig it. Ain't no other way than keeping it one hunned! I will always respect reality.

Real recognizes real. wink wink wink

I don't aim for people to like me but I aim for people to keep it real and let water slide down their backs. Reality isn't for sissies.

Everything I said on this thread and others...I meant it 100%.

You cool with me.

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1017515/official-ask-foolaman-thread-book

Lets Go Fula, Your time has come to Debate the Great One. cool
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198: The only bigots in here are Royal and Chima who think they are superior to Africans

I don't think I am superior to real people and YOU THINK YOU ARE SUPERIOR BECAUSE YOU ARE AFRICAN. grin grin grin grin grin grin

YOU ARE THE ONE HAVING TO KEEP REASSURING THAT YOU ARE AFRICAN like that makes you less of a Nigger. grin grin grin

I am however superior to DUMB ARSES. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican:

True. Most of the West Africans I have seen that are my complexion are usually Cameroonian or those with quite a bit of admixture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX2-V5SjRuw&
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I don't think I am superior to Africans and YOU THINK YOU ARE SUPERIOR BECAUSE YOU ARE AFRICAN. grin grin grin grin grin grin

YOU ARE THE ONE HAVE TO KEEP REASSURING THAT YOU ARE AFRICAN like that makes you less of a Nigger. grin grin grin

I am however superior to DUMB ARSES. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Have you ever seen me say I know more about America or North America than you?

Have you ever seen me say just because I'm African I'm superior?

You were the one instigating such rubbish

Do you notice the curse words you use? Don't pretend to be some kind of Angel, look at your signature. It depicts your character
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

Have you ever seen me say I know more about America or North America than you?

Have you ever seen me say just because I'm African I'm superior?

You were the one instigating such rubbish

Do you notice the curse words you use? Don't pretend to be some kind of Angel, look at your signature. It depicts your character

Yes you do to all above. Now what? tongue tongue

I don't pretend and I love my signature.

Memorize it nigga! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Yes you do to all above. Now what? tongue tongue

I don't pretend and I love my signature.

Memorize it nigga! tongue tongue tongue

Really? is that so then show me a post where I did
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PhysicsQED(m): 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

It shows your lack of comprehension skills. I said NON-AFRICANS know more about African history than many Africans. I also said in the same breath that it is a shame that non-Africans have to correct many of YOUR people when it come to African history and I also listed an example of whom I was referring to.

If it doesn't apply to you...why are you mad

Don't be a biatch.

Try to put these kinds of statements in proper context next time though. A non-African professor of African history at some university may know certain details of African history better than the average African and know certain things that the average African generally doesn't - for example, when this or that treaty was signed between an African group and a European representative, or what exactly was traded at some time in the 17th century between two different groups, etc., but there are certain things that that person simply can't know or understand unless he goes straight to the actual Africans for information and clarification. There are many instances where this applies with regard to African history.

And when you start to talk of non-professors/scholars etc., I would say that on some issues there's some pretty glaring ignorance on certain parts of African history from many non-Africans actually. There's also some ignorance from some Africans, but I doubt it generally outweighs that of the non-Africans.

4 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

Really? is that so then show me a post where I did

Show me where I said I was above Africans.....
Show me where I said Americans know more than Nigerians about Nigerian history.....
Show me where I said I was an angel.......

Take your time.

LMAO@the nigga catching feelings off my signature. grin grin grin grin
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Try to put these kinds of statements in proper context next time though. A non-African professor of African history at some university may know certain details of African history better than the average African and know things that the average African generally doesn't - for example, when this or that treaty was signed between an African group and a European representative, or what exactly was traded at some time in the 17th century between two different groups, etc., but there are certain things that even that professor simply can't know or understand unless he goes straight to the actual Africans for information and clarification.

And when you start to talk of non-professors/scholars etc., I would say that on some issues there's some pretty glaring ignorance on certain parts of African history from many non-Africans actually. There's also some ignorance from some Africans, but I doubt it generally outweighs that of the non-Africans.

Go back and read where I said AFRICAN professors....I think I will believe my African professors more than faceless chatters. wink
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Show me where I said I was above Africans.....
Show me where I said Americans know more than Nigerians about Nigerian history.....
Show me where I said I was an angel.......

Take your time.

LMAO@the nigga catching feelings off my signature. grin grin grin grin

Your signature depicts the person you are, the fact that you say those things about a human being makes you think you are better than another human being because you may possess those things, when in reality you are not better than anyone.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ahh Yes, you have to admire the Africa Warrior Spirit which compels an individual to sit there and Argue with a Female Rather than Debate a Man.

I see....You are disgracing the Legendary Courage of the Fulani Tribesmen

https://www.nairaland.com/1017515/official-ask-foolaman-thread-book

^^Enter my Debate Chamber at Once, you cowardice Bigoted Slime.
grin
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fulaman198:

Your signature depicts the person you are, the fact that you say those things about a human being makes you think you are better than another human being because you may possess those things, when in reality you are not better than anyone.

LMAO@me calling someone a rabid biatch means I am better than them. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lack of comprehension like a mofo! That's what I thought...you can't find shit. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 6:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

LMAO@me calling someone a rabid biatch means I am better than them. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lack of comprehension like a mofo! That's what I thought...you can't find shit. tongue tongue tongue

You say someone is Jobless, how do you know you will always be with a job? Thank God for your blessings instead of looking down upon others who don't have something.

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by suyu: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Try to put these kinds of statements in proper context next time though. A non-African professor of African history at some university may know certain details of African history better than the average African and know certain things that the average African generally doesn't - for example, when this or that treaty was signed between an African group and a European representative, or what exactly was traded at some time in the 17th century between two different groups, etc., but there are certain things that that person simply can't know or understand unless he goes straight to the actual Africans for information and clarification. There are many instances where this applies with regard to African history.

Tell the AA ms. know it all, that thinks she knows more the Africans

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by naijarican(f): 6:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
Are any of you guys against the cross ethnic marriages such as Black American/African of any tribe?
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by anonymous6(f): 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
is it just me, or have you noticed that all AA's who come to Niaraland thinking that they love Africans and wish to whats-that-phrase, ah , "connect with their roots" end up cursing & hating us Africans and Nigerians by the time they leave?

umm their are not many on nairaland, a few are nice among them while others are nutts but I wouldn't worry about it overall because most of the time they(nutty ones) tend to be ignored any way

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican: Are any of you guys against the cross ethnic marriages such as Black American/African of any tribe?

OFCOURSE WHAT THE HELL?!!!! YOU THINK WE ARE WASTING OUR TIME HERE??!!! WE ARE TRIBESPEOPLE AND CHILDREN DEFENDING OUR MOTHER'S CULTURE!!!!!!!!!! angry angry

our tribes is what makes us different from you Akatas.

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Fulaman is upset that his brothers are "stepping from the bullshit culture" and adopting other cultures or traditions and it is America's fault that his brothers CHOSE to do so.

Royal called him out on being a bigot especially when he went on about how he doesn't think his Fula brothers shouldn't marry outside their clan but to give praises and glory to one of his brother's wife who is White and not Fulani. Flip-flopping much?

That's how all this bullshit ensued and both biatches mad that a Non-African corrected their African brother about his own history.

[size=44pt]That's a damn shame! [/size]

HEY WATCH IT WOMAN!!!!!!! angry [size=32pt]WE HAVE OUR "ORIGINAL" CULTURE AND IDENTITY UNLIKE YOU RATS IN WHITE CLOTHES! [/size]angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Fulaman198(m): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican: Are any of you guys against the cross ethnic marriages such as Black American/African of any tribe?

To each their own, some Africans may prefer it, but for some Africans it is not for them.

I am definitely into African ethnic groups marrying other African ethnic groups (For example: Hausa and Igbo or Fulani and Mande). The culture difference isn't as wide as that of Black American/African.

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
naijarican:

Awww Naijarican....you are a cutey. I just looked at your profile and you are definitely not an Albino. wink

They just mad cos you look good and many of them bleeped me up when they said they want a White woman/man so their kids don't take after them.

What the hell That's a shame.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

HEY WATCH IT WOMAN!!!!!!! angry [size=32pt]WE HAVE OUR "ORIGINAL" CULTURE AND IDENTITY UNLIKE YOU RATS IN WHITE CLOTHES! [/size]angry angry

Yeah...you can keep your "original" culture burning niggas over some potatoes and Blackberry. grin grin grin grin grin

Rock that burning culture...dumb arse. grin grin grin grin O Its defintely hot and blazing! grin grin cry cry grin grin

I see why many of the Africans jumping ships! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 7:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
LMAO@AFricans wearing some damn Burkenstocks with some hot arse socks. grin grin grin grin grin grin

LMAO@White people clothes. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Dumb arse bush apes are funny as hell. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by MrsChima(f): 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2012
Cutting off chicks' clits with a dull arse rock is the best culture in the world. NOT!!!

If I am going to set a nigga on fire...it will not be over some potatoes and a phone! grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34)

Dele Momodu Confirms Ooni Of Ife's Marriage To Olori Wuraola Crash / Common Yoruba Traditional Wedding Engagement List / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Resumes Duty As Police Officer Officially (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.