Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria (59936 Views)

Fani-kayode Writes Open Letter To Buhari On The War Against Boko Haram / APC Has Won The Elections, Except PDP Rigs On The Other Side – Tinubu / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by manchy7531: 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
Controversial former minister of aviation and Obasanjo attack dog, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode has hit out at a prominent Northern leader, Alhaji Usman Faruk, a former military governor of North-West State during the General Yakubu Gowon regime, who said recently at the Sultan Bello Mosque in Kaduna during Sheik Ahmad Gumi’s Ramadan sermon that Asari Dokubo needs to brush up on his history because the North essentially dominated the Yoruba people and conquered the people of the Niger Delta during the civil war and that "Awolowo attempted he failed talk less of one boy (meaning Asari)".

Faruk who also claimed that the North had a population of 120 million compared to only 50 million in the South said that the onshore/offshore issue was cheating the North.

This is even as the equally controversial former minister of the FCT, Malam Nasir Elrufai, yesterday described Boko Haram as freedom fighters to some when he said in a taped interview that "Someone's terrorist can be another person's freedom fighter".

In his response Fani-Kayode released the statement below;

I went through the story in Sahareporters and I must confess that the Elder from the north that spoke called Alhaji Usman Faruk is talking absolute nonsense and he has got his history completely wrong.

I do not share Asari Dokubo's views about bombing the north and splitting the country either but let us all try to be historically factual when we speak. The truth is that It was the 98 per cent yoruba Third Marine Commando under the able command of Brigadier General Benjamin Adekunle that liberated the mid-west and the southern minorities from the igbos during the civil war and NOT the north.

Secondly the north literally begged Awolowo not to declare Oduduwa Republic and go the way of Biafra even though that was his original intention. Thirdly if it hadn't been for Col. Obasanjo (as he then was) who was stationed as Commanding Officer in Ibadan at the time the Biafran forces, under the command of the gallant yoruba officer Col. Banjo, would have entered and swept into the west at Ore and the war would have been over very quickly. They sent Professor Wole Soyinka to Obasanjo and asked for safe passage but Obasanjo refused.

Fourthly it was the support that the south west gave to the north that allowed Nigeria to win the war. Fifthly it was the lie that Gowon and the northern leaders fed to Awolowo that he would be made President of the country after the war and after being effectively being made de facto Prime Minister under Gowon during the war that got Awoloo to support them. Had it not been for that strong support from the yoruba and particularly the efforts of the predominantly yoruba Third Marine Commando who pushed the Biafrans out of the mid west, the south south and back into the east and who evenually went into igboland, occupied it and took the surrender of the igbos, there is no way that Nigeria could have won the war.

No matter what side of the divide we are on in this matter we must get the history right because there are millions of young people on the internet and in the country today who do not know the truth and that can easily misled by this type of historical revisionism and falsehood. The arrogance of Alhaji Faruk is sickening and this is especially reflected by the contemptuos manner he reffered to the yoruba in his interview.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/femifanikayode/posts/342407195846984

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by 9jaIhail(m): 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
When people kept blaming awo for been the problem the southern Nigeria had yoruban's will rise up for his defense,do anyone noticed through what a true yoruba son said on this article? Fifthly it was the lie that Gowon and the northern leaders fed to Awolowo that he would be made President of the country after the war and after being effectively being made de facto Prime Minister under Gowon during the war that got Awoloo to support them.

Awo shame to u even in grave just because of power, Northerners promised you a president of Nigeria then you decided to use the blood of innocent igbo children and women to buy ur way into the presidency of Nigeria.I love the Northerners for their smartness after the war they made you april fool.

28 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by manchy7531: 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
9ja_I_hail: When people kept blaming awo for been the problem the southern Nigeria had yoruban's will rise up for his defense,do anyone noticed through what a true yoruba son said on this article? Fifthly it was the lie that Gowon and the northern leaders fed to Awolowo that he would be made President of the country after the war and after being effectively being made de facto Prime Minister under Gowon during the war that got Awoloo to support them.

Awo shame to u even in grave just because of power, Northerners promised you a president of Nigeria then you decided to use the blood of innocent igbo children and women to buy ur way into the presidency of Nigeria.I love the Northerners for their smartness after the war they made you april fool.

UMU IGBO, gOD IS WITH US....THEY WILL EXPOSE THEMSELVES FINISH AND GOD WILL DESTROY THEM ALL.I WISH OJUKWU WAS STILL ALIVE TO SEE SOME OF THESE REVELATIONS

11 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by 9jaIhail(m): 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2012
manchy7531:

UMU IGBO, gOD IS WITH US....THEY WILL EXPOSE THEMSELVES FINISH AND GOD WILL DESTROY THEM ALL.I WISH OJUKWU WAS STILL ALIVE TO SEE SOME OF THESE REVELATIONS

My brother God is with us.God said avengers is mine one day will be one day all that has the blood of innocent Biafra women and children will have to be alive and get rotten

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by manchy7531: 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2012
awolowo of all people the most reveren men in yoruba land becouse of his selfish enterest stood on the side of lies and deciet millions of peopel dead and chideren dead of hunger and deases.becouse of bread and butter he sold his conscience for devil it's a shame.did they make him president as they promise! today bakassi is no longer ours becouse of there propaganda and determination to wine the war by all means they won the war the oil they got it instead of this southern minorities to support igbo's for the good of all they allied with enemies of the nation and subject everybody as slave in our own land.the judgement is now befor God we shall see how the end will look like

3 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by 9jaIhail(m): 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
The thing is that these abokies are maradona's when it come to politics,they always use yorubas to work against southerners and at the end of it they will do them april fool like they did to their father awolowo otapiapia master.I use to love this man call awolowo before but now with this revelation i came to agree that his name awolowo sound sensible than his brain.

4 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by MrGlobe(m): 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
Exactly why I keep saying Awolowo is an empty crook. If the abokis can decieve you, you are empty. can we all see awolowo's selfish interest. This is the crook that have been made a hero by a tribe whose oily soup has suffocated their brain. Let the revelations keep coming. Biafra 2015 will be a reality afterall. The Yoruba people should bury their heads in shame, first their elders went to asp rock to collect money to betray their worthy son ---------- another criminal, then awolowo starving igbo children for a presidency he later got in grave, then Tinubu! what a tribe! The problem with Nigeria according to Google

8 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by manchy7531: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
LAST WEEK IT WAS ASARI DOKUBO AND EK CLARK THAT TOOK THE BRONZE, FEMI FANI KAYODE SEEM TO BE CHASING COPPER COS GOLD AND SILVER NO DEYgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin MAYBE NEXT WEEK SOMEBODY FROM MIDDLE-BELT WILL COME FOR HIS OWN MEDAL grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by MrGlobe(m): 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
9ja_I_hail: The thing is that these abokies are maradona's when it come to politics,they always use yorubas to work against southerners and at the end of it they will do them april fool like they did to their father awolowo otapiapia master.I use to love this man call awolowo before but now with this revelation i came to agree that his name awolowo sound sensible than his brain.
you are an Igbo man? and you used to love the traitor awolowo? you need to find your identity

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by manchy7531: 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by manchy7531: 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
Personally, now and for some time I feel so ashamed to have killed people to sustain the unity of Nigeria. I feel so sad to have shed blood for the unity of Nigeria. While some of us were dying in the battle field for the restoration of Nigeria as one country, some people have their eagle eyes on one particular subject, oil, the live wire of the economy, the new fulcrum or pendulum of power. While we fought for one country, some people have been reaping where they did not sow. They have been reaping from bogus population figures fashioned to suit their selfish purposes"

-Brig. Benjamin Adekunl

7 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 10:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
Things fall apart and the centre cannot hold. . . we have been vindicated.
SE blames SS, SW, MB, North (in short Nigeria) ;
MB blames North ;
SS and SW blame North;
North blames SW.
Act 1 scene 2 about to start.
**Tunes tv to channel 5 and grabs popcorn**

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by mpumalanga: 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
9ja_I_hail: When people kept blaming awo for been the problem the southern Nigeria had yoruban's will rise up for his defense,do anyone noticed through what a true yoruba son said on this article? Fifthly it was the lie that Gowon and the northern leaders fed to Awolowo that he would be made President of the country after the war and after being effectively being made de facto Prime Minister under Gowon during the war that got Awoloo to support them.

End of the story.The war was awo's personal enterprise and HIS wife must apologize
to the yorubas.He murdered the igbos and tried to destroy the historical relationships
between igbos and yorubas and replace it with OIL BOOM relationship there by creating generational
enmity and stifling the inherent flow of goodwill among the two groups that hated conflicts.How can you, awo?
SMH for some African leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by 9jaIhail(m): 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
mpumalanga:

End of the story.The war was awo's personal enterprise and HIS wife must apologize
to the yorubas.He murdered the igbos and tried to destroy the historical relationships
between igbos and yorubas and replace it with OIL BOOM relationship there by creating generational
enmity and stifling the inherent flow of goodwill among the two groups that hated conflicts.How can you, awo?
SMH for some African leaders.

Exactly my thought but can yorubas be bold enough to accept the fact that awo who told them to keep away from the war as the war is between the igbo and huasa suddenly lead them into the same war,are they not created with human brain to reason and figure it out that their great papa awowowowow has gotten some selfish interest.

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
The Present day Yoruba man is more savvy than the Awos, they will never be used and dumped as Awo was by the North. Modern day Yoruba race must have learnt from Awo's betrayal and will never give the North Access to the Ocean anymore. The West has to root out people like Tinubu and Tunde Bakare from their political equation and Unite with the rest of the Southerners to get the haramic North from our progressive new found country of Southern Nigeria-A land of milk, honey,Oil and gas, but if they chose not to, America and Russia needs our Oil, and if we have Russia and America behind us, who can be against us?

15 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Yeske2(m): 12:01am On Aug 14, 2012
^^
Savvy??
**yawns and sleeps off**

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by gidson12(m): 12:08am On Aug 14, 2012
what a revelation
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:21am On Aug 14, 2012
The truth cannot be complete if a lie is deliberately sandwiched in between.
The quote below is PURE LIE.

The truth is that It was the 98 per cent yoruba Third Marine Commando. . . blah

The 3rd Marine co was handed over and COMMANDED (for show of unity by the rest of Nigeria against Biafra) by the Yoruba sons, just to command. Nothing more.
The overwhelming majority of its FOOT SOLDIERS were Middle belt, core North (even Chadians! ) and some minorities from Edo/Delta states.
One can argue that the commanders may have done a good job, though I personally think that Biafras lack of international support (which would have delievered the strategic weapons) led to Biafra's defeat. Biafrans fought almost bare handed against a well equipped Nigerian invading force.
If the Biafrans had a viable Navy (the type I would like), nobody would have left the west for Eastern flanks during the war. The march by the Biafran expeditionary force would have been unnecessary because the troops would simply be amphibiously landed in Lagos and from there chase Northern troops to the Northern borders with Chad and Niger republics.

It is time Yoruba elite stop lying to themselves. They should face the North and leave us out of their problems because we are facing our own problems.
I thank them in advance!

7 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by onomeasike: 12:31am On Aug 14, 2012
the ibos wont just put the blame and loss they suffered during the biafra war in the right quarters.clearly,many of them have not learnt any lesson.Would you do as Ojukwu (who was reportedly killed by AIDS) did in and expect to win a war?It is only a foolishman that will do the same thing in the same but expect a different result.The average igboman,even okonkwo character of the things fall apart fame,is more of brawn than brain.War is first fought in the brain,the strategy and humility to disarm ur enemy without his knowing and element of surprise is beyond the ability of average igbomen.If I am igbo,i will rather have the more matured ,beautiful and submissive igbowomen lead a war.These crop of igbos on nairaland are typical empty vessels of the igbos.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:40am On Aug 14, 2012
onomeasike: the ibos wont just put the blame and loss they suffered during the biafra war in the right quarters.clearly,many of them have not learnt any lesson.Would you do as Ojukwu (who was reportedly killed by AIDS) did in and expect to win a war?It is only a foolishman that will do the same thing in the same but expect a different result.The average igboman,even okonkwo character of the things fall apart fame,is more of brawn than brain.War is first fought in the brain,the strategy and humility to disarm ur enemy without his knowing and element of surprise is beyond the ability of average igbomen.If I am igbo,i will rather have the more matured ,beautiful and submissive igbowomen lead a war.These crop of igbos on nairaland are typical empty vessels of the igbos.

Yes we are all empty vessels. Stand up and answer your fathers name. Stop looking at us. We are determined not to be betrayed again. Now stand up and face aboki (unless you are the aboki, lol). cool

16 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 14, 2012
Onlytruth:

Yes we are all empty vessels. Stand up and answer your fathers name. Stop looking at us. We are determined not to be betrayed again. Now stand up and face aboki (unless you are the aboki, lol). cool

We were fighting Aboki long before Nigeria was created, if necessary we will fight them again... on our own terms. We may decide not to fight though if they agree to share iboland with us.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:51am On Aug 14, 2012
Aigbofa:

We were fighting Aboki long before Nigeria was created, if necessary we will fight them again... on our own terms. We may decide not to fight though if they agree to share iboland with us.

We are already sharing YOUR land with them. lol

Take a careful look bro. Also note that they always remind you of your status as conquered territory. cool
Don't take my word for it, just look around.

7 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by onomeasike: 12:51am On Aug 14, 2012
if you read the history of the Yorubas,you will know they are naturally gifted in the art of war.They even had their own civil war before the Nigerian civil war!they constitute the greatest number of Africans recruited by britian for the first world war(see BURMA BOY by Philip Barnaby of Aljazeera.Clearly,they are more war-tested than their southern neighbours.It is not an accident that even the biafran forces that made the greatest impact in the biafran war was led by a Yorubaman shocked shocked shocked.Clearly,that it took the Yoruba stopping him was not an accident.A northerner would never had matched the sophistry of Banjo!!

As regards the point where Fani-kayode refered to Awo,clearly,that is an attempt to denigrate Awo.Awo participated in Gowon's govt after Gowon promised to conduct elections and transfer power to the politicians.How Fani-kayode now decietfully infered that the patriotic request Awo made to Gowon automatically means that Awo was promised the presidency is typical Fani-kayode's loquacious personae.If Awo wanted to be the president at all cost,he would not have resigned from Gowon's govt.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:52am On Aug 14, 2012
^^
Nobody is interested in 16th century "history".
If that history were relevant, the Moors and the Turks would still be military powers today. lol

8 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:52am On Aug 14, 2012
Secondly the north literally begged Awolowo not to declare Oduduwa Republic and go the way of Biafra even though that was his original intention. Thirdly if it hadn't been for Col. Obasanjo (as he then was) who was stationed as Commanding Officer in Ibadan at the time the Biafran forces, under the command of the gallant yoruba officer Col. Banjo, would have entered and swept into the west at Ore and the war would have been over very quickly. They sent Professor Wole Soyinka to Obasanjo and asked for safe passage but Obasanjo refused.

^^^^It's the above quote from the Fani-Kayode that really saddens me....and makes me wonder how people can be so heartless and driven by material gain and power; How can Awo and Obasanjo (in the face of proven and apparent evil committed by the north) team up with these same people to sustain a lie.....not minding the fact that their ambitions were built on the blood of innocent women and children? Just b'cos they weren't from your ethnicity?

It's up there in black and white that the Biafran Army respected the sensibilities and territorial integrity of the Yorubas (contrary to what some of them would have you believe) by first seeking permission for safe passage to be able to take the fight to the enemy, but they were refused.

The whole sordid affair stinks!!!

May God judge them accordingly.....Amen.

11 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:56am On Aug 14, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^^It's the above quote from the Fani-Kayode that really saddens me....and makes me wonder how people can be so heartless and driven by material gain and power; How can Awo and Obasanjo (in the face of proven and apparent evil committed by the north) team up with these same people to sustain a lie.....not minding the fact that their ambitions were built on the blood of innocent women and children? Just b'cos they weren't from your ethnicity?

It's up there in black and white that the Biafran Army respected the sensibilities and territorial integrity of the Yorubas (contrary to what some of them would have you believe) by first seeking permission for safe passage to be able to take the fight to the enemy, but they were refused.

The whole sordid affair stinks!!!

May God judge them accordingly.....Amen.

My brother don't even bother to go there. I learned many years back that the Nairaland Yorubas are narcissistic.
Just wait for their reply.
Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 14, 2012
Onlytruth:

We are already sharing YOUR land with them. lol

Take a careful look bro. Also note that they always remind you of your status as conquered territory. cool
Don't take my word for it, just look around.

Conquered territory in their imagination. They are running scared, that is why they will bring up Awolowo in a conversation regarding Asari Dokubo. They understand what a radicalised Yoruba means to "one Nigeria"

3 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:58am On Aug 14, 2012
No wonder why Ojukwu said that "Awo was the best president Nigeria never had": in typical Nnewi man's Igbo sense. cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:59am On Aug 14, 2012
Aigbofa:

Conquered territory in their imagination. They are running scared, that is why they will bring up Awolowo in a conversation regarding Asari Dokubo. They understand what a radicalised Yoruba means to "one Nigeria"

No my friend you still don't understand. They know that they have already lost the East, so they are flying a kite to remind you that you are their conquered territory.
That's all.

7 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:08am On Aug 14, 2012
onomeasike: the ibos wont just put the blame and loss they suffered during the biafra war in the right quarters.clearly,many of them have not learnt any lesson.Would you do as Ojukwu (who was reportedly killed by AIDS) did in and expect to win a war?It is only a foolishman that will do the same thing in the same but expect a different result.The average igboman,even okonkwo character of the things fall apart fame,is more of brawn than brain.War is first fought in the brain,the strategy and humility to disarm ur enemy without his knowing and element of surprise is beyond the ability of average igbomen.If I am igbo,i will rather have the more matured ,beautiful and submissive igbowomen lead a war.These crop of igbos on nairaland are typical empty vessels of the igbos.

^^^You're a slittering deceitful snake!!! You talk about strategies and planning for war, as if one can make allowances for backtabbers and morally bankrupt swine like you!

Don't you see the way blame for the war and for siding with the true enemy is being thrown from one person to the other? It's only scum like you that would blame the Igbos for fighting a war that was brought to their doorstep, meanwhile other persons/ethnicities have realised they and their forbears that fought Biafra were on the wrong side of history and are showing remorse (and in some cases apologizing).

So you're privy to Ikembas' medical records are you? Or is the 'aids' talk the latest rubbish being spewed by Igbo-haters when you lot last met up to compare notes?

16 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria by T9ksy(m): 1:08am On Aug 14, 2012
Onlytruth:

No my friend you still don't understand. They know that they have already lost the East, so they are flying a kite to remind you that [b]you are their conquered territory.
[/b]That's all.

@ Bolded,

Yeah right, like ojukwu had in mind for the yorubas when he sent his BLF down to the western region?

No wonder you ibos hates us so much 'cause we refused to be ojukwu's conquered territory at Ore.

Tough luck! deal with it & move on.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Osinbajo Stops To Help An Accident Victim On His Way To Owo / Armed Fulani Bandits In Zamfara Forest (Pictures) / Goodluck Jonathan And Diezani Alison-Madueke Having An Affair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.