Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,196 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? (23893 Views)

Question To The Indians Who Come To Nairaland / What People In Indonesia Do With Their Dead Is Shocking, Bizarre Tradition. / How The Rich Bury Their Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by legalwealth(m): 10:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
Do you have any clue?

Kindly share with us all to gain...

Thanks in advance...
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by slowice(m): 11:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
wot else but to prevent d prevalence of witches nd wizard in dere cun3....so dat u dnt see dead ppl parambulating in d name of spirit.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by legalwealth(m): 11:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
slowice: wot else but to prevent d prevalence of witches nd wizard in dere cun3....so dat u dnt see dead ppl parambulating in d name of spirit.

I don't agree because someone told me something different.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:38am On Aug 14, 2012
India and China both burn/cremate dead bodies. it is clean and saves land and prevents spread of disease. Its cumpolsory among Indian Hindus and ALL Chinese. the Zoroastrian Indians feed their bodies to dead vultures. same case with some Indian and CHinese Tibetans who leave ther bodies out in the open for animals and birds of prey to devour. Even my people leave the bodies in the bush for animals and bacteria. these are the best ways and saves natural resources and land.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by ifyalways(f): 7:59am On Aug 14, 2012
Pagan, your people as in a Nigerian tribe?interesting. Please who are your people ?
@topic, no idea as to why Indians prefer cremation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by legalwealth(m): 9:49am On Aug 14, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
India and China both burn/cremate dead bodies. it is clean and saves land and prevents spread of disease. Its cumpolsory among Indian Hindus and ALL Chinese. the Zoroastrian Indians feed their bodies to dead vultures. same case with some Indian and CHinese Tibetans who leave ther bodies out in the open for animals and birds of prey to devour. Even my people leave the bodies in the bush for animals and bacteria. these are the best ways and saves natural resources and land.

Are you a Nigerian?

I'm not sure and how I wish the moderator of this thread takes this topic to the frontpage for other Nigerians to see your post.

I'm amazed I must confess.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
OP, Ask Indians. Don't ask Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
Because cremation is traditional to their custom.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by ebamma(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
because land too cost

1 Like

Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by Afam4eva(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
It's a religious and cultural thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by gegee(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
wetin concern u ? u wan burn ur papa wen im die ? e go just wake up give u slap

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by greall1: 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
It can't happen in nigeria.easy way for Ritual

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by CLIQBOY(m): 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
gegee: wetin concern u ? u wan burn ur papa wen im die ? e go just wake up give u slap
Lmao
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
legalwealth:

What were you told?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by fubbyy(m): 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2012
ItS religious
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
Stoopid tradition.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by mkmyers45(m): 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Correct, Its also important to know that due to population size were will they bury all the dead? Its Cultural,Religious and possible environmental...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by olaadegoke(m): 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
It's done in Spain,but i had no clue why its been done but has noting to do with their religion and culture. Some do voluntarily donate their body before their death for to help those that might need it or for research..
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by charlsecy4(m): 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
The truth is that I prefer burning of bodies to burial. Graves mean a waste of land. I love it the Indian way.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by mkmyers45(m): 2:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
rokiatu: Stoopid tradition.

Educate me please but is there anything wise in burial?
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by cdamsel(f): 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
legalwealth: Do you have any clue?

Kindly share with us all to gain...

Thanks in advance...
they re overpopulated,its just a measure 2 conserve land.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by RickyRoss1(m): 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
It is a religious and cultural thing. And it is not only INDIANS that cremate or burn dead bodies. Cremation is practiced in many parts of the world, even in the UK, see statistics here: http://crematorium.eu/statistics-european-countries.html
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by Crown128(m): 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
legalwealth:

Pls share it with us now.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by Crown128(m): 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
legalwealth:

Pls share it with us now.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by ANYPEN(m): 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
necessity is part of what forms culture & to an extent religion in a society. I believe the large population & the need for land made it suit their culture to burn the dead.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
To avoid what we see in Naija muvees.. Take for instance my Neighbor dies, God forbid, If he appears to me, I can easily differentiate btw the real him and a spirit, Cuz i would tell the spirit that i fncking burnt you mehnn who dey "F" owns dis body? grin
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
Me, what I heard was that they burn their dead bodies to 'trick' God so that He can't put them in the HELL FIRE. Since they were already 'burn to ashes' here on earth, they think God cannot raise them back to life in the hereafter.
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
So that they can use the ashes in the preparation of delicacies like

Chicken Masala
Chicken Madras
Chicken Tikka
Lamb Vindaloo

and other currys they eat with Basmatti rice tongue
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by mkmyers45(m): 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ijogz K: To avoid what we see in Naija muvees.. Take for instance my Neighbor dies, God forbid, If he appears to me, I can easily differentiate btw the real him and a spirit, Cuz i would tell the spirit that i fncking burnt you mehnn who dey "F" owns dis body? grin

grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by mkmyers45(m): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: So that they can use the ashes in the preparation of delicacies like

Chicken Masala
Chicken Madras
Chicken Tikka
Lamb Vindaloo

and other currys they eat with Basmatti rice tongue

Choli Chupatti wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Indians Burn Their Dead Bodies? by Adechyno(m): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
ifyalways: Pagan, your people as in a Nigerian tribe?interesting. Please who are your people ?
@topic, no idea as to why Indians prefer cremation.
lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aare Adetola Emmanuel King Celebrates His Birthday Today (Photos) / African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. / Ekpe Masquerades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.