Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,161 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates (121582 Views)

Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID / PRESSID Scholarship; List Of Successful Candidates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by wizzle04: 4:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
@ pink boi Daz tru. I also saw a couple of guyz dat graduate 08. Hmmm, Dis pple keep playin wif our IQ o. Are dey nt aware dey r dealin wif graduate? Well Daz 9ja 4 Us.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2012
pink boi: y is prof okojie claimin dat d exam was written by peeps from 2009/2010 n 10/11 wen i saw guyz from 08 all d way bak to 06..hmm...pressid error 101 undecided

I'm also still at a loss on the "real" criteria they used to make that shortlist and also seriously doubt that NUC stuck to the previously stated criteria in the advertisement of the application (and I expressed my surprise about some criteria alteration, with respect to NYSC completion, graduates of foreign universities etc., in a previous post I made), but I guess that all the shortlisted graduates are first class honours degree holders, and for that reason, I don't mind if the criteria is made to accommodate more of them. Although some of us that are qualified based on the initial criteria may think that including graduates from previous years may lead to stiffer competition, but I maintain my stand that they are also fellow nigerians whose welfare should also be taken care of by the government... What has the Nigerian government done over the years to encourage first class graduates anyway? Although "bending and stretching" of criteria naturally leads to the NUC being suspected of doing some sort of "mago mago", but I know that I didn't lobby anywhere before I got shortlisted. I was qualified, I applied & was shortlisted and, to the best of my knowledge, it's the same story for the other people I know that applied and were shortlisted... Maybe we should reduce our suspicion & give NUC a "benefit of doubt" till the list is out... Although I still see no reason why the whole of Nigeria can't grant 449 scholarships... I read in the news just few hours ago that Kano state is granting 500 foreign scholarships to its indigenes, consisting of both first class and second class honours (upper division) degree holders... May God help us in this country. God bless Nigeria!. Goodluck to you, to me & everybody ...lol... smiley

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2012
pink boi: y is prof okojie claimin dat d exam was written by peeps from 2009/2010 n 10/11 wen i saw guyz from 08 all d way bak to 06..hmm...pressid error 101 undecided
I can't laugh o. Pressiid error 101 indeed. Thought I was the only one that saw those discrepancies.

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2012
ijanarado: Well the latest info I heard is dat GEJ kinda rejected D̶̲̥̅̊ list. Said he wants D̶̲̥̅̊ best 100 whether na from D̶̲̥̅̊ same state or not.... So our wait enlongated. Guys.....
how did you get the info please?

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2012
ijanarado: Well the latest info I heard is dat GEJ kinda rejected D̶̲̥̅̊ list. Said he wants D̶̲̥̅̊ best 100 whether na from D̶̲̥̅̊ same state or not.... So our wait enlongated. Guys.....

I'm also interested in the source of the information and also want to know if the area of specialization will not matter & if all the best or top 100 scorers turn out to be engineers for example, or if it skews too much towards an area and the other areas of specialization have little or none, will that not affect the purpose of the scheme which I guess is to develop manpower in the 5 areas of specialization (or thereabout)?

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 6:29pm On Aug 30, 2012
PhatIon:
I'm also interested in the source of the information and also want to know if the area of specialization will not matter & if all the best or top 100 scorers turn out to be engineers for example, or if it skews too much towards an area and the other areas of specialization have little or none, will that not affect the purpose of the scheme which I guess is to develop manpower in the 5 areas of specialization (or thereabout)?
I think that was an error on the part of cinfores who conducted the exam. There should have been a function specific test in those 6 areas. Anyways I believe all the lapses will be corrected in the next edition.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nkematics(m): 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
If it is true that GEJ wants the best 100 candidates to be selected,then he should be ready to face criticisms from the public. For instance, some people from the North complained that NUC deliberately shortlisted a few names from the North out of the 449 candidates that were called to write the aptitude test....a term they referred to as marginalization. What happens if the final 100 best candidates come from a certain region? Wouldn't that trigger complaints from people of other regions who would want to believe that the 100 were not actually the best?
Moreover,just life PhatIon said,the purpose of the scholarship scheme will be lost,for there is a high probability that the best 100 may not come from all the areas of specialization listed. Let us see how things will go. Best wishes to everybody that wrote the test.

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 8:06pm On Aug 30, 2012
Guys information reaching me just now from a staff is that they've been at logger heads on the criteria to be used. That while some were advocating for selection on a state basis others disagreed. But at as close of today they've concluded to introduce waec result. Your best 5 subjects will be selected A1 carries 6 points, B2 5pts, B3 4pts in that order. overall the highest point will be 30pts and that's if one have 5 A1's. Although the contacts said the argument still continues but as at the close of work today, that was their resolve.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by wizzle04: 10:16pm On Aug 30, 2012
@whizkidy thankss 4 d info. I bliv dat is real goin 2 b a thing of gr8 controversy (d method of selection). But com 2 tink of it oo, if dey wil end up using waec result, why call peeps 4rm al parts of d federatn n ask dem 2 take aptitude test? Hmmm my 1dafu 9ja, a place were anytin is possible. Infact I laff in parables.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 10:23pm On Aug 30, 2012
whizkidy: I think that was an error on the part of cinfores who conducted the exam. There should have been a function specific test in those 6 areas. Anyways I believe all the lapses will be corrected in the next edition.
...I concur...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pinkboi: 10:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
@ whizy ...re u saying dey gona add d test scores to d waec or dey gona forget abt d test scores

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 11:15pm On Aug 30, 2012
How come the committee of eminent professors, get so much confused on the criteria for selecting just 100 worthy candidates...I can't stop been optimistic 4 better times 2 come in ds geographical entity called NIGERIA...

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 11:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
whizkidy: Guys information reaching me just now from a staff is that they've been at logger heads on the criteria to be used. That while some were advocating for selection on a state basis others disagreed. But at as close of today they've concluded to introduce waec result. Your best 5 subjects will be selected A1 carries 6 points, B2 5pts, B3 4pts in that order. overall the highest point will be 30pts and that's if one have 5 A1's. Although the contacts said the argument still continues but as at the close of work today, that was their resolve.
@whizkidy: Nice piece of information, well done sir. I think NUC would have made life easier for themselves if they had good foresight to envisage possibilities like these, even before the test and consequently plan & set a well defined criteria beforehand that would prevent them from having any "selection headache" at a time like this, especially if they had publicized the criteria even before the exam for everyone to know, which would prevent them from being accused of any form of "foul play" or favouritism. If the idea of using WAEC result is true, it may favour some people, but for some of us that attended public secondary schools in Lagos where scoring As seemed to be very elusive then, we may not be as lucky. My WAEC result was B averagely for the five relevant subjects, but I had A1 in mathematics sha... *nods head proudly like an Agama lizard* (although I'm now a biologist)... even with that single A1, my result was like one of the best ever in my school... can you see how life is? When people that attended other schools, private schools especially, had parallel As, 8A1s, 7A1s etc... It's all good sha, In the spirit of good sportsmanship I wish those that went to schools that produced many As in their WAEC result all the best..."no be them send me message to go the kain school wey I go"...lol... "If to say na me the criteria favour, me sef for happy" cheesy But wait oh, whizkidy, the best "scored" 5 subjects or the 5 relevant subjects? I guess they mean 2 different things, Which one? Questions, questions, questions & more questions. NUC why nau?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 11:38pm On Aug 30, 2012
pink boi: @ whizy ...re u saying dey gona add d test scores to d waec or dey gona forget abt d test scores

These are other cogent resultant questions that would naturally arise from a decision to use WAEC results for selection...CONTROVERSIES... NUC, I shake my yansh for una o...lol... cheesy
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 6:26am On Aug 31, 2012
WAEC Wat about jamb score, pume score or even our CGPA's. Nonsense!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 6:34am On Aug 31, 2012
No sentiments, even if some argue dat Cinfores exam wasn't credible enof, one tin I knw is dat it didn't tilt to any particular discipline. Road signs, current affairs, IT,verbal logical n numerical reasonings seem genaral to me. Is Waec nw a more credible exam dan d one all 449 were subjected to? my waec is gud bt dis reasons 4 delay r jst so unreasonable

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 6:39am On Aug 31, 2012
Thos of u who get us dis nice infos, pls get bak to NUC n let dem knw dat wateva d criteria ther must b criticism so let dem get 100 persons on dat list(mayb pikin randomly) n let's forget abt dis. Infact am out.am not interested again...won't put my life on hold for sententuos confused pple

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 7:08am On Aug 31, 2012
@pearlAdam...It's as if u knew my mind...NUC should bring out whatever list they think they have and let others move on with life...Initially, I felt its just an opportunity 2 gv back 2 my fatherland..rather, I still blv there are better opportunities lying ahead of us in better places...
Guys! What will be, will be.
It will be well.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 7:25am On Aug 31, 2012
Guys, which eva criteria. There's no more time. Schools have resumed. MIT, california, etc. My friends goin there have all travelled. Wat is all dis rubbish in Nigeria. Mtshew. I weep. Seriously I weep.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 7:40am On Aug 31, 2012
@Miss Ijanarado...Sorry...Extreme lateness has always bn d case 4 every Nigerian scholarship...PTDF, NDDC, TETFUND, BILATERAL and even COMMONWEALTH for developing countries....My source @ FSB said, many of a time, they get Nigerian sch recipients to these universities abroad few days or weeks 2 exams...rushing 2 do photocopy of notes...In reality, they've known us 4 this in many advanced countries of d world...Just prepare 2 lift up 2 expectation incase u're selected...GOODLUCK

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 7:54am On Aug 31, 2012
ijanarado: Guys, which eva criteria. There's no more time. Schools have resumed. MIT, california, etc. My friends goin there have all travelled. Wat is all dis rubbish in Nigeria. Mtshew. I weep. Seriously I weep.
weeping is an understatement. Am crying for this country. To say I risked a lot travelling all the way to FCT to write that exam only for some administrators to seat somewhere bringing in new set of policies/ rules is unimaginable .Nigeria we hail thee. When are we going to get it right for once in this country. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 8:29am On Aug 31, 2012
Sayo14: @pearlAdam...It's as if u knew my mind...NUC should bring out whatever list they think they have and let others move on with life...Initially, I felt its just an opportunity 2 gv back 2 my fatherland..rather, I still blv there are better opportunities lying ahead of us in better places...
Guys! What will be, will be.
It will be well.

On a more serious note, I agree with, I've had, and still have this same opinion of yours and also agree with some of the things that the other wonderful people here have posted on this issue. May God bless you all. But this just re-emphasizes the fact that we still have a long way to go in this country. This relationship probably started with the impression that "they are different" but it's beginning to look like "they are just the same". I guess we probably can't completely eliminate the "Nigerian factor" when anything is to be done by Nigerians or in Nigeria. I just hope that this "Nigerian factor" becomes a good factor or thing soon if it isn't presently. May God help us. I join my faith with you Mr. Sayo14 to say: BETTER THINGS LIE AHEAD OF US WHETHER WITH PRESSID OR NOT...

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 9:57am On Aug 31, 2012
@Mr PhatIon..Thank u 4 ur support. To buttress my point, A very good friend of mine who missed a first class hons. slightly, in Chem. Engr. bt graduated top of his class in my schl. playfully...YES...playfully applied 4 a sch. in Petroleum Engr in ABU DHABI, presently my guy has bn awarded d sch. nd right inside his room in Nig. they send his visa nd flight ticket..Fully paid sch nd with automatic optional(NO BOND) employment worth $4000/month wt ORASCOM OIL COMP. afta his thru.MAY WE ENCOUNTER GOD'S FAVOR

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 10:22am On Aug 31, 2012
Sayo14: @Mr PhatIon..Thank u 4 ur support. To buttress my point, A very good friend of mine who missed a first class hons. slightly, in Chem. Engr. bt graduated top of his class in my schl. playfully...YES...playfully applied 4 a sch. in Petroleum Engr in ABU DHABI, presently my guy has bn awarded d sch. nd right inside his room in Nig. they send his visa nd flight ticket..Fully paid sch nd with automatic optional(NO BOND) employment worth $4000/month wt ORASCOM OIL COMP. afta his thru.MAY WE ENCOUNTER GOD'S FAVOR

...Amen...
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by idmanzik: 10:50am On Aug 31, 2012
The info on GEJ rejecting the initial list is correct. I was at NUC on Monday and heard a Head of Department saying that the President even insisted that if two or three candidates from the same family is among the top 100 then so be it.

Well, congrats to you all. I have been following this thread even though i am not a first class graduate smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by logbon72: 11:15am On Aug 31, 2012
Sayo14: How come the committee of eminent professors, get so much confused on the criteria for selecting just 100 worthy candidates...I can't stop been optimistic 4 better times 2 come in ds geographical entity called NIGERIA...

Let me tell a seemingly irrelevant story, while we were in NYSC camp in Yola, we were supposed to elect a Platoon leader, you needed to have seen the whole tribal sentimentalism that went into the election. As if that was not enough, after selecting a platoon leader, there was a lot of controversy on decision making, simply because of tribalism also. Afterwards someone made a statement and I paraphrase "...no wonder it is difficult to rule Nigeria"

See professors or not, a decision like this needs to be carefully made, simply because Nigeria is a very interesting place. If you're using merit, then your model should be clear enough.

I really appreciate whoever started this thread, I actually check here about 5 - 6 times a day.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by xlyze: 12:01pm On Aug 31, 2012
I admit everyone who wrote the exam will be tensed. but please o, did any doctor or health professional write the aptitude test??
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2012
@Xlyze..Yes..I knew of a medical doctor dt was shortlisted for d test..bt wt all sincerity, I'm not certain whether he finally wrote d test....Permit me 2 ask..Are u a medical professional?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by sawyer89: 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2012
Sayo14: @Mr PhatIon..Thank u 4 ur support. To buttress my point, A very good friend of mine who missed a first class hons. slightly, in Chem. Engr. bt graduated top of his class in my schl. playfully...YES...playfully applied 4 a sch. in Petroleum Engr in ABU DHABI, presently my guy has bn awarded d sch. nd right inside his room in Nig. they send his visa nd flight ticket..Fully paid sch nd with automatic optional(NO BOND) employment worth $4000/month wt ORASCOM OIL COMP. afta his thru.MAY WE ENCOUNTER GOD'S FAVOR
Please, what is the name of the school? I will really want to get in touch with you.How can i contact you?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pinkboi: 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2012
well am stiil tryin to understand the relationship btw GEJ sayin even if d those shortlisted re frm same state it dont matter nd nuc bein @ logger head as to d selection criterial n d use of olevl. I tot dat was d initial rule...was nuc tryin to contradict d rule of merit?... Hmmm...*thinkin*

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2012
@Sawyer. the name of the schl. is THE PETROLEUM INSTITUTE OF ABU DHABI...Just 2 remind u...u need a good toefl result(90+)...Watch out for the 2013 advert of d scholarship...I should hv applied myself, but unfortunately I`m not an engr graduate...Wish u d very best in ur future endeavours...........

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by TheAmbassador1: 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2012
Guys,do you know anybody that applied for Aeronautical Engineering? kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

Direct Entry Admission 2015 / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sends Female Student Out Of Class For Indecent Dressing / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.