Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates (121597 Views)

Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID / PRESSID Scholarship; List Of Successful Candidates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 05, 2012
Guyz e b like bomb dey NUC head o! y do dey want to use waec na ,my waec lazyyy oooo cry!the small mark i get for the test, the waec go come reduce am to nothing angry

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 8:21am On Sep 05, 2012
whizkidy: wanted to post it yesterday too. They are ashamed already.

"Dem dey shameless ni joor, if not, dem no suppose dey yab the states. After how many weeks? dem never produce a list of 100, if to say na list of one thousand nko? or one million? maybe white bear bear for don dey grow before the list go comot"...lol... grin What am I even saying? Do we even have any shame in this country? grin
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2012
Pls thos of us livin in Abj shuld gather up @NUC n do a peaceful protest, mayb I shuld say peaceful enqiury...wat is hapunin I was enjoyin my life in peace n had my plans b4 pressId came ooo. Nw am even sick...chai
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by alikwaghe01: 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2012
@ PearlAdams. Take it easy brov! let's hook up on twitter.ff me @ambroseali4real. I'll follow you back ASAP! God bless all the PRESSID gurus!

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by ijanarado: 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2012
No buh seriously. Those of us stayin in ABJ could just go nd make enquiries. It's not a bad move all

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by SilENSE: 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
pearlAdams: Pls thos of us livin in Abj shuld gather up @NUC n do a peaceful protest, mayb I shuld say peaceful enqiury...wat is hapunin I was enjoyin my life in peace n had my plans b4 pressId came ooo. Nw am even sick...chai
Hi all,
I could not resist being sucked into this forum by the intellectual energy/ enthusiasm that is being dissipated here. After reading some very interesting comments, I had to start from the very first post and go through all the posts on this thread till now.

On the PRESSID scholarship shortlist that we all await, I think efforts should rather be directed at the FG rather than NUC who appears to be done with its assignment of selection and claim to await FG approval. I think it would be helpful to get the Minister of Education to respond to issues about PRESSID stating what exactly FG plans are concerning the scheme this year. Of course, she can't claim to be in the dark about the scheme.

3 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Immortal1(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
So sorry guys. I've been kinda busy.
Pls, i'm not invisible o o o...lol
pearlAdams:
Hahahahahaha.lmao....immortal has bcom invisible, pls come bak tel us somtin na. BP de rise here o

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2012
SilENSE:
Hi all,
I could not resist being sucked into this forum by the intellectual energy/ enthusiasm that is being dissipated here. After reading some very interesting comments, I had to start from the very first post and go through all the posts on this thread till now.

On the PRESSID scholarship shortlist that we all await, I think efforts should rather be directed at the FG rather than NUC who appears to be done with its assignment of selection and claim to await FG approval. I think it would be helpful to get the Minister of Education to respond to issues about PRESSID stating what exactly FG plans are concerning the scheme this year. Of course, she can't claim to be in the dark about the scheme.

Mr SilENSE, Welcome sir! I'm usually happy when people, who had previously been silent about this issue, finally join the discussion, to express their own unique perspectives, opinions & views. I also passed through that stage of "silence", I was just visiting regularly but didn't join until a very unusual stimulus, (one opinion expressed by one Mr Cajetan) triggered me to finally register to make my own little contribution to this interaction of intellectuals & the rest is history... and so far, I haven't regretted my decision to join. Welcome once again, Mr. SilENSE! smiley
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by kwesiboadu: 10:16pm On Sep 05, 2012
I feel NUC was intimidated by the Kano and Osun initiatives to send over 500 graduates abroad.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by SilENSE: 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2012
[quote author=PhatIon]
Mr SilENSE, Welcome sir! I'm usually happy when people, who had previously been silent about this issue, finally join the discussion, to express their own unique perspectives, opinions & views. I also passed through that stage of "silence", I was just visiting regularly but didn't join until a very unusual stimulus, (one opinion expressed by one Mr Cajetan) triggered me to finally register to make my own little contribution to this interaction of intellectuals & the rest is history... and so far, I haven't regretted my decision to join. Welcome once again, Mr. SilENSE! smiley[/quote

Hey Mr PhatIon,
Thanks a mil for your warm quasi-official welcome. I must say that your gracious and well-articulated comments also contributed to my joining this thread.

As regards contacting the Minister of Education which I suggested earlier, I tried getting a contact email addie on the ministry's site (http://fmegovng.org/) but there was no link for correspondence (neither email address nor a form to drop comments) *SMH*. Any ideas as to how to contact someone in the Education Ministry would be welcome.

Let's get these guys to be responsive to issues. Interestingly, this explains why Nigeria did not get a medal (not even Zinc) at the Olympics; funds were released at the last minute with little or no time for the athletes to have adequate preparations. Guess the "fire-brigade approach" (waiting till the last to get things done) virus is also affecting the implementation of the PRESSID scheme. We can be "anti-virus" to fix it.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2012
Mr. SilENSE: Well said, but how do we fix it? it has eaten so deep into the system to an extent that, I think we may need a miracle to fix the system. But how will the miracle happen?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 11:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
kwesi-boadu:
I feel NUC was intimidated by the Kano and Osun initiatives to send over 500 graduates abroad.

...Obviously. The premises of their argument looked quite faulty to me (e.g. Cultism may be exported, sending many graduates to the same place may affect diversity of knowledge etc.), without providing related evidence (e.g. To show that there was any cultist among the scholars being sent abroad, to show that the foreign country or university lacks diversity etc.) to back up such arguments, since those claims are not automatic and are not always true in every case... If anyone is to argue against, or criticize an idea or action, in a situation like this (where something similar is being handled by that person), it has to be done logically & objectively and in fact, with great caution, or the person may be suspected of envy or jealousy or making sentimental arguments. I don't mean to disrespect anyone, but the truth is just the truth. But an opinion may be right or wrong (including mine). grin wink
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 7:33am On Sep 06, 2012
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."-Joshua J. Marine

"There can be no rainbow without a cloud and a storm."-J.H. Vincent

"Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity."-Albert Einstein

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere"-Frank A. Clark

...and on that note, I say: GOOD MORNING! to you all. Have a blessed day!☺ grin

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by SilENSE: 10:44am On Sep 06, 2012
PhatIon: Mr. SilENSE: Well said, but how do we fix it? it has eaten so deep into the system to an extent that, I think we may need a miracle to fix the system. But how will the miracle happen?

Good a.m. to all.

I eventually got the official site of the Ministry of Education where one can drop comments- (http://www.fme.gov.ng/index.php/contact-us). It is however uncertain how responsive they are to messages dropped through that medium. I'll recommend that some other people should visit the site to raise the PRESSID issue, maybe a good number of comments from different people would make them take the issue seriously.

@Mr PhatIon, I was actually talking about fixing the bug that has infested this scheme by getting someone to respond/act. No doubts, it would take a miracle for the whole systems in Nigeria to be fixed overnight but let's see if we can get someone (the person delaying the implementation of this scheme) more alive to his/her responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Sayo14: 10:47am On Sep 06, 2012
Goodmorning to u too, Mr phatIon and fellow forum members. @Mr PhatIon, I cannot, but to appreciate ur unrelenting spirit at this very time, when d morale of most of us is really down....keep it up, bros...

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by zzaacx: 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2012
humm, who read the reply to NUC from kano State commission of education... it was on thisday newspaper....
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 2:32pm On Sep 06, 2012

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
whizkidy: Peeps can read it here. http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/other-sections/lead-stories/175965-states-send-students-to-bad-varsities-abroad-nuc-kano-osun-fire-back-at-okojie&client=ms-rim&q=kano+state+commissioner+of+education+NYC+,+this+day+newspaper&sa=X&ei=m6NIULqlMKSf0QXSo4DwBA&ved=0CBoQFjAA

Mr Whizkidy: Thanks for the link. After reading the defences of both states, I was more impressed with the defence or response of the Kano state commissioner than that of the Osun state commissioner, because the Kano commissioner defended the scheme very logically, by providing the necessary facts to back up his defence(e.g. he talked about the approval they got & why the universities are not substandard based on consultation with the home country etc.) but the Osun state commissioner was more sentimental; blaming politics, appealing on the grounds that the scheme involves children & the future, date of creation of one of the universities (not something that is necessarily indicative of its current quality or status) etc. but having faulty premises does not make the conclusion always wrong anyway. But Kano's argument was more logically sound.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2012
SilENSE:

Good a.m. to all.

I eventually got the official site of the Ministry of Education where one can drop comments- (http://www.fme.gov.ng/index.php/contact-us). It is however uncertain how responsive they are to messages dropped through that medium. I'll recommend that some other people should visit the site to raise the PRESSID issue, maybe a good number of comments from different people would make them take the issue seriously.

@Mr PhatIon, I was actually talking about fixing the bug that has infested this scheme by getting someone to respond/act. No doubts, it would take a miracle for the whole systems in Nigeria to be fixed overnight but let's see if we can get someone (the person delaying the implementation of this scheme) more alive to his/her responsibility.

...OK... Well done sir.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2012
Sayo14: Goodmorning to u too, Mr phatIon and fellow forum members. @Mr PhatIon, I cannot, but to appreciate ur unrelenting spirit at this very time, when d morale of most of us is really down....keep it up, bros...

...THANKS... grin
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by dualprince: 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2012
PhatIon:
Mr Whizkidy: Thanks for the link. After reading the defences of both states, I was more impressed with the defence or response of the Kano state commissioner than that of the Osun state commissioner, because the Kano commissioner defended the scheme very logically, by providing the necessary facts to back up his defence(e.g. he talked about the approval they got & why the universities are not substandard based on consultation with the home country etc.) but the Osun state commissioner was more sentimental; blaming politics, appealing on the grounds that the scheme involves children & the future, date of creation of one of the universities (not something that is necessarily indicative of its current quality or status) etc. but having faulty premises does not make the conclusion always wrong anyway. But Kano's argument was more logically sound.

I had to join nairaland finally cos of our outspoken man, Mr PhatIon. I begin 2 wonder if u av a 5 or even 6/6 in gre analytical writing!! Ur critique of d arguments was simply fantastic.
Well, I tink NUC shd save us all dis stress and release any 100 names cos I believe we all deserve to benefit from our national resources.
Anyways, I wish u all d best as I intend to air my views in dis forum very often more like Mr PhatIon... Lol

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nanaiky(f): 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2012

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by logbon72: 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
@All are we there yet? Sorry, Is the list out yet?
@Immortal, what is uncle Okogie saying?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2012
dualprince:

I had to join nairaland finally cos of our outspoken man, Mr PhatIon. I begin 2 wonder if u av a 5 or even 6/6 in gre analytical writing!! Ur critique of d arguments was simply fantastic.
Well, I tink NUC shd save us all dis stress and release any 100 names cos I believe we all deserve to benefit from our national resources.
Anyways, I wish u all d best as I intend to air my views in dis forum very often more like Mr PhatIon... Lol

Mr Dualprince: Welcome sir... I feel so flattered by your comment, but thanks anyway smiley ...I haven't taken GRE, so I don't have a score yet in analytical writing and honestly don't know what I would score if I did (and I don't have any intention to go to an American university for graduate & postgraduate studies, at least for now) so, I may never have a score in GRE...lol...grin But thanks for the assumption (about the GRE score) and opinion (about the critique)... grin
...I guess we all hope the list is released as soon as possible...
...As for your views, I'll be greatly anticipating your unique views... Thanks, welcome once again to our midst (here on nairaland). smiley

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by kwesiboadu: 1:40am On Sep 07, 2012
Nairalanders, dis delay is pregnant with meaning. Corruption; a canker-worm eaten into d fabrics of Nigerians.
How are we so sure that d compiled list is not being delayed for some manipulative reasons e.g names of Nija grads in diaspora that didn't make d list.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by kwesiboadu: 1:52am On Sep 07, 2012
Nairalanders, dis delay is pregnant with meaning. Corruption; a canker-worm eaten into d fabrics of Nigerians.
How are we so sure that d compiled list is not being delayed for some manipulative reasons e.g names of Nija grads in diaspora that didn't make d list.
Do U think d Minister will approve same list if the names of her ppl were dropped? See, NUC will never come out to tell d public d cause of delay.
IF IT TAKES FG/NUC DIS LONG TO PRODUCE LIST OF NAMES; CONSEQUENTLY, IT WUD TAKE THEM ETERNITY TO RELEASE FUNDS & FINALIZE ARRANGEMENTS WITH THOSE SCHOOLS

Okojies sons & daughters, I kno U visit dis site on daily basis to convey feedback to him. PLEASE TELL HIM TO HASTEN UP.

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 5:50am On Sep 07, 2012
Ah let's watch out d list wil b out 2day, saw it in my dream lastnite...my dreams don't lie, serously. Gumoni peeps

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 7:13am On Sep 07, 2012
"If you want a place in the sun, you have to put up with a few blisters"-ABIGAIL VAN BUREN
This is just like the yoruba idiom: Ìkòkò tíó je ata, ìdí rè ma gbóná☺ (i.e. for a pot that will consume pepper, its base has to be hot),

but really,

"It's not where you are today that counts, it's where you're headed"-Arthur F. Lenehan
because, our LOCATION isn't as important as our DESTINATION

...On that note, I say: GOOD MORNING to you all. Have a great day! grin

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 7:15am On Sep 07, 2012
pearlAdams: Ah let's watch out d list wil b out 2day, saw it in my dream lastnite...my dreams don't lie, serously. Gumoni peeps
There is no point releasing the list again. There is no way you can make it to UK again this year same with the US. Visa processing will take at least 3 weeks. So forget it bro. If they like let them release it next year.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by PhatIon: 7:32am On Sep 07, 2012
whizkidy: There is no point releasing the list again. There is no way you can make it to UK again this year same with the US. Visa processing will take at least 3 weeks. So forget it bro. If they like let them release it next year.

The fact that those who will be concluding their NYSC service year in october are qualified, according to the "revised" shortlisting criteria, already insinuates that the scheme may not "kick-off" anytime before then, even if the list is released today or was released last month. This may just be confirming that assumption.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by whizkidy: 7:42am On Sep 07, 2012
PhatIon:
The fact that those who will be concluding their NYSC service year in october are qualified, according to the "revised" shortlisting criteria, already insinuates that the scheme may not "kick-off" anytime before then, even if the list is released today or was released last month. This may just be confirming that assumption.
I like that word you used 'revised shortlisting criteria'

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pearlAdams: 8:02am On Sep 07, 2012
whizkidy: I like that word you used 'revised shortlisting criteria'
ahh guys r loosin faith! Bt wait wait are u serous abt d "revised shortlistin criteria" tin?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (44) (Reply)

Direct Entry Admission 2015 / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sends Female Student Out Of Class For Indecent Dressing / Universities Pull Out Of ASUU Strike 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.