Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help (35400 Views)

30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? / Correction Of Name On My Neco Result! Help Me / Problem With Waec Result; Help Needed Urgently! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by Avast(m): 4:14am On Aug 14, 2012
I had my waec since 2010 with 2 sittings,but am having problem with one of the result. My name was misspell,that why i sat for 2012 waec.

On checking my result yesterday i have d7 in physics which automatically means am still going to combine result.

Please to my fellow brothers and sisters what can i do because i want to use the result this year.

Related:
WAEC Withholds 112,000 Results Over Exam Fraud

WAEC 2012 Results: How To Check Yours

WAEC 2012/2013 Results Are Out!

What Happens To All Results Held By WAEC?

Is Your WAEC Result As You Expected?

1 Like

Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by danieltee(m): 4:48am On Aug 14, 2012
Avast: I had my waec since 2010 with 2 sittings,but am having problem with one of the result. My name was misspell,that why i sat for 2012 waec. On checking my result yesterday i have d7 in physics which automatically means am still going to combine result. Please to my fellow brothers and sisters what can i do because i want to use the result this year.
my brother, if i'm correct, go straight to d waec office n lay all complaints. I guess dats d ryt place u can get adequate n genuine assistance. HURRY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by movicy(m): 4:51am On Aug 14, 2012
Avast: I had my waec since 2010 with 2 sittings,but am having problem with one of the result. My name was misspell,that why i sat for 2012 waec. On checking my result yesterday i have d7 in physics which automatically means am still going to combine result. Please to my fellow brothers and sisters what can i do because i want to use the result this year.
u can still used it if u cn darely defend urself wit d result,u just complain 2 d registrar if u r admitted
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by Odunnu: 7:06am On Aug 14, 2012
You didnt write WAEC again because you had a deficiency, you wrote it because your name was spelt wrongly. Now its correctly spelt and you are complaining theres a deficiency!

Go to WAEC office and rectify your misspelt cert. It will cost you money though
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by carzola(m): 11:40am On Aug 14, 2012
wat a pity. tink u sud go a weac office 4 corectn.
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by kaysy(m): 11:45am On Aug 14, 2012
I don't think it can be corrected because you are entitled to writing your name the way u want it displayed and that's more of the reasons u have to be more careful typing in anything, well dnt worry i will lay your complain at WAEC office closed to Yabatech then whatever they say i'l get back to you ok?
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by Harbb: 11:56am On Aug 14, 2012
As far as I know (as at 2004), WAEC does not entertain correction of Names and Date of Birth, except if that has been relaxed now.
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by prodam(m): 12:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
Go to a nearby court to obtain a sworn affidavit that would indicate the mistakes on the document and also indicate the correct spelling..that means a copy of this affidavit would be attached to your results

2 Likes

Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by OPEYEMIAD(m): 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
I guess you go to court and do changing of name. U will put d name mispelt on ur old name then you will put ur correct name as ur new name. U can attact it to any of ur document misspelt
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by melodyj(m): 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
I was a victim, no need stressin urself 2 waec office, jst go 2 a nearby high court nd swear affidavit. Or email me judebenjamin58@yahoo.com form info.
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by Blackscientist(m): 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
this is serious,i also have same complain here too.instead of opeyemi,i found odeyemi.
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
D sme tin happened to me wen i wrote waec,my folks wrote a letter to waec office and paid a certain amount of money,it wasnt corrected.Anyway it did nt disturb my admission and admission process.As long as the ur name in jamb and pume is correct no problem

1 Like

Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by Gift4all(m): 1:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
You did not state whether it was WAEC that misspelt your name or you did. I had a similar experience some years back. It was WAEC that misspelt my name so I wrote a letter of complaint addressed to the Zonal Cordinator attaching photocopies of my photocard & OMR form (those have my correct name). I kept on checking the result online but the result was not corrected. When the certificate came out, it still has the wrong name so I wrote another letter again. Someone told me that such corrections attract a fine of N5,000, but I refused to pay any fine since it wasn't my fault. I was ready to sue. Later on, I got admission and then decided to pay the fine anyhow to get my correct certificate. Fortunately, when I got to WAEC office, lo and behold the correct certificate was ready!

My advice is that if it was WAEC that misspelt your name, then write a letter of complaint, attaching all the necessary documents. By God's grace, WAEC will address your matter favourably as they did to me. However, if the error is your fault, you can still appeal to WAEC to correct it provided it is not suspicious. Don't give up.
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by eledalo: 2:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
Register for waec next year.
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by ayojango(m): 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2012
prodam: Go to a nearby court to obtain a sworn affidavit that would indicate the mistakes on the document and also indicate the correct spelling..that means a copy of this affidavit would be attached to your results

Just do as ur told above goin to waec is a waste if time also its d name on d cert u shuld use but always present d affidavit as back up
Don't try to changhe it if not its VOID!!!
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by neferttiti: 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
Go to waec and complain cos am jus comin bak 4rm deir office and dey asked i shud bring 5,000 fine but mine is a matter of date of birth. Try waec office b4 taking any descision cos i was also told waec cudnt do anytin 4me but dats most likely my only solution cos my affidavit was rejected by employees. Goodluck n wish me same. The process would take about 6months cry
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by lekzey(m): 4:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
Write a letter and direct it to Head of national Office, YABA.If the mistake is frm waec it will be amend but if not nothing will be done.It has happen to me b4.u can reach me to tell u the way you will go about it. 08076357959
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by tempest01(m): 7:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
eledalo: Register for waec next year.
y evils? grin grin
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by futurewise11(m): 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
Pls help,my friend date of birth is inputed on d result as 12/09/86 instead of 12/09/1990 and he wanted to use it to process his german student visa ealy next year,please what do u think is the way forward dear NL. post it here for everybody.
Thanks
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by switchmax8: 10:00am On Aug 15, 2012
Poster,
I had same problem 2001 when i wrote external waec but i discovered before the result was released because i saw it on my photocard i made complaint and the school principal took the correct name to waec office in Benin to correct it unfortunately when the result was out instead of Kenneth Tom they made another mistake again and the name was printed out Keneth Emah i have to take it that way and use for my school.You should go there and lay your complain though i do not think you will immediate response you know nigerian thang.
I myself i am looking for a way to correct mine though i use affidavit
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by Qteyi01(m): 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
D only advice 4 u is dat u will obtain a new one

1 Like

Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by Qteyi01(m): 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
D only advice 4 u is dat u will obtain anoda waec nxt year
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by nazacindy: 5:33am On Dec 31, 2012
Please nefertitti I saw ur post as regards d date of birth correction in waec certificate.I av d same problem.d person dat registered it for me told me he wrote june 02,1995 instead of august 22,1992.due to d fact dat I heard that it can't be changed i collected anoda birth cert to match wit dat n I also wrote dat 1995 in my school documents cos I got admission dis year.pls how can I go to waec.its 2011 GCE and d certificate is not out yet.can it be corrected before n after d cert is out cos I heard it will soon be out.also can I also change it in school,UNN.I wild like to get ur numba so I can call u or u can flash me on 08162832234
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by eledalo: 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2012
nazacindy: Please nefertitti I saw ur post as regards d date of birth correction in waec certificate.I av d same problem.d person dat registered it for me told me he wrote june 02,1995 instead of august 22,1992.due to d fact dat I heard that it can't be changed i collected anoda birth cert to match wit dat n I also wrote dat 1995 in my school documents cos I got admission dis year.pls how can I go to waec.its 2011 GCE and d certificate is not out yet.can it be corrected before n after d cert is out cos I heard it will soon be out.also can I also change it in school,UNN.I wild like to get ur numba so I can call u or u can flash me on 08162832234

So you have fake birth certificate. Congrats. Using your phone number we can definitely track you down.
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2012
prodam: Go to a nearby court to obtain a sworn affidavit that would indicate the mistakes on the document and also indicate the correct spelling..that means a copy of this affidavit would be attached to your results

d only way out I suppose.
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by nazacindy: 10:09pm On Jan 01, 2013
Before u say somefin fink.k vhow wld I av submitted d initial birth cert which bears my actual age whilew my waec cert bears anoda age.am certain dat if waec can corect it,I can also complain to my school afterall its not my fault.
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by versatile054: 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2014
I also have the same error on my DOB,it reads 1986 instead of 1988. In correcting it, will waec hold the original cert or jst a photocopy?
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by NugesCapable(m): 5:41pm On Feb 18, 2015
neferttiti:
Go to waec and complain cos am jus comin bak 4rm deir office and dey asked i shud bring 5,000 fine but mine is a matter of date of birth. Try waec office b4 taking any descision cos i was also told waec cudnt do anytin 4me but dats most likely my only solution cos my affidavit was rejected by employees. Goodluck n wish me same. The process would take about 6months cry
am also having date of birth issue, bro av they ammended urs?
Re: Misspelt Name On WAEC Result - Help by NugesCapable(m): 5:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
Am having a similar problem, my real dob is august 7 1995 but when i collected my original waec result i saw august 7 1994... Is there a way out?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

25% In FCT: Exam Question From ABU, Zaria Law Faculty / UNILAG Student Drinks Sniper And Dies (Photo) / Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.