Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? (46048 Views)

Before You Say "I Do" Test Drive The Engine / I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It / Romantic Names You Can Call Your Spouse In Your Local Dialect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by obowunmi(m): 3:12am On Aug 15, 2012
dnawah: quebec & french r not d some pls ma belle.faux pas confondré les deux.oui je sais que on parle le québec au canada

They speak French in Quebec.
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by obowunmi(m): 3:15am On Aug 15, 2012
Mofe ran e
Moni ife re
Moloff e

My heart dey go kpom kpom for you
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by greatgod2012(f): 3:16am On Aug 15, 2012
mo feran re,
ede ijebu re yen
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by timilehing(m): 3:24am On Aug 15, 2012
Can't remember
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by 360command: 3:43am On Aug 15, 2012
From kumasi, Ghana - me do wo (may dor woe)!
My heart de go jigijigi bom bom!!!
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by Nobody: 3:44am On Aug 15, 2012
Ik hou van je
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by Nobody: 3:45am On Aug 15, 2012
bayooooooo: Ik hou van je
This is not Yoruba na undecided
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by odumchi: 3:50am On Aug 15, 2012
Larrylarex:
Ehn, which one we go con choose/use/believe now?

They are all dialects (regional variations) of the Igbo language, as Ileke explained.
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by neyoosha: 3:56am On Aug 15, 2012
Mon lufe re.
Ekiti kete .
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by Nobody: 3:58am On Aug 15, 2012
neyoosha: Mon lufe re.
Ekiti kete .

LOL Thank you!! I was trying to remember lol.

My Ekiti dialect - Mi lufe re.
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by Nobody: 4:05am On Aug 15, 2012
dnawah: quebec & french r not d some pls ma belle.faux pas confondré les deux.oui je sais que on parle le québec au canada

Methinks you need to go back and reread what I wrote. I did not write that Quebec and French are the same. I wrote: Quebec (Province/Place); Kwara (State/Place) and the languages spoken in each, respectively. French, being the primary language in Quebec. As for Kwara, besides Yoruba, I know there’re Hausas and Fulanis there. I didn’t even want to list Kwara since I don’t remember ever going there at all. My folks took me there as a baby, so I’ve no recollection of it. But I still claim it since they’re from there and I can. Sure, I can. =p.

Your French looks like something you translated from an online dictionary. I don’t want to embarrass you, but it’s quite obvious, right from the first word. And “yes you know that one speaks Quebec in Canada? Did you realize what you wrote? If you're going to prove something to someone, at least make sure you know what you're talking about. I’ve practically lived here the majority of my life, so I know. You need to go back to that online translator and write a negative review, as it has done a terrible job of helping you prove you can speak the language, to someone who does. I spot a few other mistakes with what you wrote. If you want to speak real [b]F[/b]rench, polish yours first, then get at me.

Note: Even if I wanted to use French synonymously for Quebec, I would still be correct (but it would take someone living here to understand what I mean). Some Quebecers won’t even speak English to you at all.

1 Like

Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by ifihearam: 4:13am On Aug 15, 2012
Yield:

Methinks you need to go back and reread what I wrote. I did not write that Quebec and French are the same. I wrote: Quebec (Province/Place); Kwara (State/Place) and the languages spoken in each, respectively. French, being the primary language in Quebec. As for Kwara, besides Yoruba, I know there’re Hausas and Fulanis there. I didn’t even want to list Kwara since I don’t remember ever going there at all. My folks took me there as a baby, so I’ve no recollection of it. But I still claim it since they’re from there and I can. Sure, I can. =p.

Your French looks like something you translated from an online dictionary. I don’t want to embarrass you, but it’s quite obvious, right from the first word. And “yes you know that one speaks Quebec in Canada? Did you realize what you wrote? If you're going to prove something to someone, at least make sure you know what you're talking about. I’ve practically lived here the majority of my life, so I know. You need to go back to that online translator and write a negative review, as it has done a terrible job of helping you prove you can speak the language, to someone who does. I spot a few other mistakes with what you wrote. If you want to speak real [b]F[/b]rench, polish yours first, then get at me.

Note: Even if I wanted to use French synonymously for Quebec, I would still be correct (but it would take someone living here to understand what I mean). Some Quebecers won’t even speak English to you at all.

Na wa oooo
Why dis long sermon over 3 letter words matter ni?

1 Like

Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by truth3006: 4:13am On Aug 15, 2012
in afrikaan I love u means Ek is lief vir jou
from cape town south Africa
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by Nobody: 4:16am On Aug 15, 2012
ifihearam:

Na wa oooo
Why dis long sermon over 3 letter words matter ni?

LOL, yes, it does.
Besides, he started it. tongue
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by martyns303(m): 4:21am On Aug 15, 2012
South Africa, NW, Tswana "Kea go rata". grin
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by bullseye2(f): 4:24am On Aug 15, 2012

Akika! No one speaks Quebec in Canada. Quebec is a place in Canada where both french and English are spoken. Ma wa form oral french fun wa nibiyi o. Awa kan gbo o...
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by Duxe(f): 4:30am On Aug 15, 2012
shocked did i hear some1 say ibibio in abia state? Na wa o

@post..ibibio(akwa ibom): mmu ma fien
efik(calabar): mme ma fi
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by odumchi: 4:36am On Aug 15, 2012
Duxe: shocked did i hear some1 say ibibio in abia state? Na wa o

@post..ibibio(akwa ibom): mmu ma fien
efik(calabar): mme ma fi

Yes you did. Arochukwu is on the Abia-Akwa Ibom-Cross River border. The Ibibio are only a stone throw away from us. We speak both Igbo and Ibibio/Efik.
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by ozodimgba(m): 4:41am On Aug 15, 2012
Southern Nigeria: Ina eme m obi sali sali.
[b][/b]
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by elega(f): 4:45am On Aug 15, 2012
mee sireyi awwu..... ebira(kogi state)
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by Tadup: 4:45am On Aug 15, 2012
Slappy love!
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by Nobody: 4:52am On Aug 15, 2012
freecocoa: Spanish from madrid to be precise = Te amo.
Te quiero - in general spanish. Te amo - is some kinda slang, yo creo.
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by Kaleni(m): 5:13am On Aug 15, 2012
The way we say i love u in our language is: MOFE RANRE PA..
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by soccerchic(f): 5:31am On Aug 15, 2012
Ana B'hibbak kiss kiss ( Arabic) grin
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by Toula: 5:56am On Aug 15, 2012
au Quebec on parle le vieux français, mais c'est toujours le français.(Quebec is a french speaking country, they speak old french, but still french...)
Then, Québec= je t'aime!!
in mina (togo)= m'lon o cheri coco grin grin
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by freecocoa(f): 6:09am On Aug 15, 2012
*dhtml:

Te quiero - in general spanish. Te amo - is some kinda slang, yo creo.
Wetin come concern me na?go tell Rihanna wey sing te amo that one undecided

@Topic,Nwa bia ka'm tinye gi ife -icelandic.
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by MoAfrica: 6:16am On Aug 15, 2012
Ke a go rata, Sepedi, South Africa.

1 Like

Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by Meedu(m): 6:21am On Aug 15, 2012
ISHQ HAI TUMSE (HINDI)
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by cyril83(m): 6:25am On Aug 15, 2012
Mine is une te dua (albanian)
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by Morgan1092(m): 6:26am On Aug 15, 2012
Nne! Ahurum gi n'anya (Igbo) Imo State.
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by PBeni(m): 6:27am On Aug 15, 2012
IGBO-MBANO-IMO STATE; 'Ahurum gi n'anya'
Re: How To Say “I Love You” In Your Local Language? by authenticblack: 6:30am On Aug 15, 2012
Izon=ye tare mo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Female HIV Positive Patient Seeks Love/partner / Man Catches His Girlfriend Cheating On Him During A Video Call / Nigerian Lady's Bridal Shower Photo Has People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.