Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,911 members, 7,806,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them (17061 Views)

The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / See Photos Of Soldiers At Capital Oil Station + What They Did To Two Customers.. / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nextworldnx(m): 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
I dont even know where to post this.
I was at the Chari Maigeri Barracks lokoja (Kogi State) as at 11:00 am this morning, when almost a battalion of soldiers from kaduna, makurdi, ibadan etc who have been camping here all the while, started filing out in about Eight truck loads. They were cocking their guns, singing war songs, preventing motorist from moving, as well as chasing away onlookers, as they move en route okene.

They scene looked more as from a war movie scene (Band of brothers), so i felt i should capture this electric moment on phone and share with my nairaland community. I located a spot in the crowd, brought out my phone and positioned it at an angle am sure no one would see it, not knowing that some soldiers were on mufti with us in the crowd. Before i knew it, one of them spotted me and this happened next:-......

soldier 1:Hey u, what are you doing?
Me: who me?.... gbosa! gbosa!! *receives slaps*
soldier 2: who is that?
soldier 1: he is holding a camera!
Me: its a phone, am listening to music gbam! liar! *receives another slap* kicks *more slaps*
-continued beating and phone seized-
soldier 1: u be boko haram abi? u wan tell ur people for okene say we the come hen?
soldier 2: drag am out, danboroba shege(hausa)
A soldier friend identifies me from afar, crosses the road, and immediately prevented me from being dragged out!(Thank God for that, i guess i would have been shot). Asked me to mix with the crowd and dissapear before others notice.
i ran and did not look back. Went back after an hour to collect my phone from my soldier friend who asked me to better go for thanksgiving on sunday, if he had not spotted on time i would have been history.

i wonder what came over me, taking a filmed shot of soldiers going on a shoot-out with those okene boys for killing two soldiers last week. So far, they have wasted over 57 people in okene since their raid started, no wonder okene is like a ghost town.

Thank God Am Alive, with my phone in good condition, but was unable to retrieve the videos because it was deleted before the phone was handed over. If not for my friend, the soldiers wanted me in guard room for 3 days with enough frog jumps.

Its a pity i lost the video, it would have been wonderful to have their parade clip here.
Anywayz Nairaland, thank God i came out in one piece.

2 Likes

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Acidosis(m): 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
God saved you ooo brother. . . .

1 Like

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Elueme: 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
Lucky boy.. Next time, don't freelance
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Biggyd2: 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
Seriously, you mean that they beat you up the way you described this morning and your fingers were stable enough to type such perefct article? LOL! Thank God for your life sha ooo because bodi go fone any pesin weh receive slap from those people!

6 Likes

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by ariy(m): 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2012
Biggyd2: Seriously, you mean that they beat you up the way you described this morning and your fingers were stable enough to type such perefct article? LOL! Thank God for your life sha ooo because bodi go fone any pesin weh receive slap from those people!
lol

1 Like

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nextworldnx(m): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
Biggyd2: Seriously, you mean that they beat you up the way you described this morning and your fingers were stable enough to type such perefct article? LOL! Thank God for your life sha ooo because bodi go fone any pesin weh receive slap from those people!

Guy, u wont understand, i ran to a hideout and took a good look at myself...can not believe i just received a beating from these men, and am still standing(though fretting and shaking vigorously).
The only sign on me is the sweet curves and rough patches their hands deposited on my cheeks. I cant be joking about this! its even more painful that my video is lost because you will actually here the "hey you, what are doing!??" part before i quickly pressed the stop button.

Besides, right now, i've called my chick over to massage my body.

3 Likes

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Chanchit: 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2012
Instead of wasting ur talent like acidtalk, why don u start by writing fictional novels...?

5 Likes

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nextworldnx(m): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
Chanchit: Instead of wasting ur talent like acidtalk, why don u start by writing fictional novels...?

I guess any idea on that would evaporate with today's experience. Now i know what journalist face reporting from war front

1 Like

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by lacasa: 2:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
Nigerian soldiers r mere agberos in uniform

They shld go ϯo developed parts of the world anϑ see Ђδω soldiers behave more gentle-manly than the civilians sef.

@op.. Tnk God fσr his mercy on Ɣou dat day

3 Likes

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Biggyd2: 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2012
Nextworldnx:

Guy, u wont understand, i ran to a hideout and took a good look at myself...can not believe i just received a beating from these men, and am still standing(though fretting and shaking vigorously).
The only sign on me is the sweet curves and rough patches their hands deposited on my cheeks. I cant be joking about this! its even more painful that my video is lost because you will actually here the "hey you, what are doing!??" part before i quickly pressed the stop button.

Besides, right now, i've called my chick over to massage my body.

The way you narrate the story is so funny that one almost misses the pains you went through. Sorry about the video. Thankfully, you get some TLC from this experience and I get some good ol' laughter(thanks). Be careful next time o.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by 1800bc(f): 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
Bloody liar!

4 Likes

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2012
You for die throwaway because you wan make nairaland frontpage.

ADVICE: Those of you bent on making frontpage, its quite easy. Just stay up all night and post vanguard news as they are uploaded on the site. Every night, at least three of your topics will make front page. OAM4J, will make sure that happens.

4 Likes

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Acidosis(m): 4:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
^ ^ ^ buahahahahahahahahahaha. . very funny. .
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Acidosis(m): 4:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
1800bc: Bloody liar!

Poster may be right
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Jakumo(m): 4:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
Nextworldnx: I dont even know where to post this.
Thank God Am Alive, with my phone in good condition, but was unable to retrieve the videos because it was deleted before the phone was handed over. If not for my friend, the soldiers wanted me in guard room for 3 days with enough frog jumps.

Its a pity i lost the video, it would have been wonderful to have their parade clip here.
Anywayz Nairaland, thank God i came out in one piece.

Aye. Fear of them Frog Jumps is the beginning of wisdom. You came close to experiencing instant front-line "justice", so that timely escape aided by your buddy is a very good thing indeed, and you should send him a check some day.

As the old saying goes, " Better to lose the video than be Frog-Jumped to death." Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by ODB2: 5:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
Nigerian army are just a bunch of bullies who have never engaged a standing army but only their citizens.

I bet Cameroonian Ger-dames will give em a well deserved a55 whooping

2 Likes

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by KingisBack: 5:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
Biggyd2: Seriously, you mean that they beat you up the way you described this morning and your fingers were stable enough to type such perfect article? LOL! Thank God for your life sha ooo because bodi go fone any pesin weh receive slap from those people!

LMAOOOOOO

1 Like

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by jmaine: 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
O_D_B: Nigerian army are just a bunch of bullies who have never engaged a standing army but only their citizens.

Don't say what you don't know . . . .Even[b] MEND [/b] occasionally dealt severely with those so called Cameroonian Gerdarmes . .

@OP, kpele oo! . .No go dey form Press Vandamme for where Khaki men dey ginger grin
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nextworldnx(m): 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
jmaine:

Don't say what you don't know . . . .Even[b] MEND [/b] occasionally dealt severely with those so called Cameroonian Gerdarmes . .

@OP, kpele oo! . .No go dey form Press Vandamme for where Khaki men dey ginger grin

Thanks jare! i don learn my lesson big time.

As for that one saying i wan enter frontpage, better go siddon for corner jor! If u guys fight each other so much for frontpage post,pls count me out. I was just opportuned to witness their departure and decided to share. Which one be frontpage crap u are spewing here,? abi they dey share money if ur post reach frontpage.?//? abeg shift make i see road!!
Arrant Nonsensical angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nextworldnx(m): 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
O_D_B: Nigerian army are just a bunch of bullies who have never engaged a standing army but only their citizens.

Gbam!!! U can say that again
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by na2day(m): 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
I no fit shout o!
Op, you made the coke i was drinking come out of my nose grin
Thank God for ur life, u for become statistics in the fight against boko haram!
I can see the headline of tomorrow's dailies already - "The spokesman of B.H was shot to death while preparing the propaganda video for upload!" grin

8 Likes

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by combatmedic: 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
Press-up position, DOWN!

Raise!
Lower!
Raise!
Lower!
Raise half-way!
Hold it there!
Get off your f-ucking knees!
Raise! On your feet, UP!

Army no be joke oh! I have been there, done that, and got the T-shirt. grin

1 Like

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
angry
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nextworldnx(m): 8:06pm On Aug 14, 2012
Wow! My post on frontpage, No thanks to the beating received today.

@blink123, u can go yo blazes for all i care tongue, what u crave for so badly has been given to me without sweat.
Moderator, why modify my Title?? I never said i was at Okene! The event happened in lokoja. Please no use my post shine abeg angry

1 Like

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
I can't sympathize with you, sorry.

1 Like

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nextworldnx(m): 8:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
na2day!:
I no fit shout o!
Op, you made the coke i was drinking come out of my nose grin
Thank God for ur life, u for become statistics in the fight against boko haram!
I can see the headline of tomorrow's dailies already - "The spokesman of B.H was shot to death while preparing the propaganda video for upload!" grin

ROTFL......!!!!!! U badt gan grin grin. No allow me choke o!
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by klairekk: 8:10pm On Aug 14, 2012
foo..lish jist from a foo..lish pull.. wahlahi no be ur fault... any shi..t get front page dis days..

waste a bullet on a baggar...bloody full..feelin useful.... Boko Haram journalist....mtweeeeewwww.

plz inquire abt NA before postin rubbish...

NL make mi sick dis dayz
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Omexonomy: 8:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
1800bc: Bloody liar!
is everybody a liar around you. No insult intended, check ur previous post to know if i am a liar.

1 Like

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by searay(m): 8:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
@OP
you been want show yourself there abi? You think say, you dey NL, where you fit do any anyhow? You, where dey criticise army say, dem no sabi deal with BH, u for hear am today. Thk ur lucky star.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Kalamaya: 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
I saw the soldiers at Okene this morning, infact the only word you can hear from them is MOVE IT, then i saw them telling some drivers to do FROG JUMP in the middle of the night. i was on my way to Abuja, they held us from 3am till 6am because of the curfew.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Tascocent(m): 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
Am very happy 4 ϓό̲̣̣̣̥ΰ ‎​Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo as ϓό̲̣̣̣̥ΰ no die.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Omexonomy: 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
Nextworldnx:

Thanks jare! i don learn my lesson big time.

As for that one saying i wan enter frontpage, better go siddon for corner jor! If u guys fight each other so much for frontpage post,pls count me out. I was just opportuned to witness their departure and decided to share. Which one be frontpage crap u are spewing here,? abi they dey share money if ur post reach frontpage.?//? abeg shift make i see road!!
Arrant Nonsensical angry angry angry
Typical EGBIRA man i hail you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Shuts Down 16 Schools In Rivers State / Buhari: 'We Will Destroy Boko Haram, You Can’t Shout Allahu Akbar & Be Killing' / Tinubu, OPC Moves To End Rift, Strength South West Grip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.