Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband (27852 Views)

HELP! My Sister Is Killing Me Emotionally. / ‪‎Ladies101‬ - Part 5 "Mute, You Will Go And Pick Up My Sister." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by lekiiyah: 11:04am On Aug 22, 2012
I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband PART 4

He sat on the edge of the bed, crying profusely in his hands. "Oh God....what have i done?.. Oh God. I am terrible...Nkechi...."

"Why is he crying?"

The surprising thing is that i didn't feel 'hate'... i actually pitied him. Uncle Charles is such a good man. He has been so good to me and my family. I mean, my mother died of breast cancer. Uncle Charles has been the one taking sister and i for routine medical checks. For goodness sake, this man is basically raising me.

These thoughts flooded my mind as i pulled the sheets to cover myself. And he just sat there crying. I really pitied him, and infact i started to shed tears...
Afterall, he was pushed to do this. If only sister would just stay at home and take care of him and her son, like a good wife and mother should.

I started to question my sentiments. Am i happy to do this? I thought to myself "God, i am a terrible sister." But no, i allowed it in order to save my sister's marriage. And besides, Uncle Charles has always been a charming...i mean, a nice man.

Shaking the thoughts off, and wiping my tears, i reached out to meet him at the edge of the bed. This only made him cry louder. He started to tell me how sorry he was... Oh God...I don't know what it was about all this that just made me weak inside. Before i even realised it, i put my arms around him. I was rubbing his back now. I could feel hot tears hit my bare shoulders as i whispered in his ears.."Uncle Charles, it is okay. I won't tell sister. I will take care of you and Nnamdi." He tried to free himself from my hold.."No Nkechi..I...". But i stopped his words as i kissed him, on the lips..He didn't resist. We did it again, but this time, it was more like love-making.

Story continues............
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by lekiiyah: 11:05am On Aug 22, 2012
I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband PART 4

He sat on the edge of the bed, crying profusely in his hands. "Oh God....what have i done?.. Oh God. I am terrible...Nkechi...."

"Why is he crying?"

The surprising thing is that i didn't feel 'hate'... i actually pitied him. Uncle Charles is such a good man. He has been so good to me and my family. I mean, my mother died of breast cancer. Uncle Charles has been the one taking sister and i for routine medical checks. For goodness sake, this man is basically raising me.

These thoughts flooded my mind as i pulled the sheets to cover myself. And he just sat there crying. I really pitied him, and infact i started to shed tears...
Afterall, he was pushed to do this. If only sister would just stay at home and take care of him and her son, like a good wife and mother should.

I started to question my sentiments. Am i happy to do this? I thought to myself "God, i am a terrible sister." But no, i allowed it in order to save my sister's marriage. And besides, Uncle Charles has always been a charming...i mean, a nice man.

Shaking the thoughts off, and wiping my tears, i reached out to meet him at the edge of the bed. This only made him cry louder. He started to tell me how sorry he was... Oh God...I don't know what it was about all this that just made me weak inside. Before i even realised it, i put my arms around him. I was rubbing his back now. I could feel hot tears hit my bare shoulders as i whispered in his ears.."Uncle Charles, it is okay. I won't tell sister. I will take care of you and Nnamdi." He tried to free himself from my hold.."No Nkechi..I...". But i stopped his words as i kissed him, on the lips..He didn't resist. We did it again, but this time, it was more like love-making.

Story continues............
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2012
abeg i don't like this suspense oh
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 24, 2012
y u dey put me 4suspence na,abeg cum write am finish. I love ur writen. Nice one
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by tfest(m): 5:49am On Aug 25, 2012
Pls why all this?
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by lekiiyah: 11:58am On Aug 28, 2012
I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband Part 5

It had been almost 5 months since we started sleeping together. Apart from the fact that he was married to my sister, it was a beautiful relationship. We started to eat together and even watch movies together. Afterall, sister Joyce was hardly ever at home.
Not that this was an excuse for me to "snatch" her husband... i mean, i don't think i snatched Uncle Charles. I just had to do it. I had to keep him comfortable so he won't leave sister. And the man is not a bad man at all. I'm telling you...he makes it difficult for anyone to hate him.
Okay...i have to admit that there are times i wish that i was married to him instead of my sister. Oh and not to mention the countless times i have gone on my knees begging God to forgive me.

We have tried to stop sooooooo many times. I think we just kinda fell for each other.

(sighs)

I know you want to know how we got found out right?

(sobs)

Everything happened so quickly...I never meant for any of this...

Everything fell apart just last week and here i am.

Story continues......
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2012
lekiiyah: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband Part 5

It had been almost 5 months since we started sleeping together. Apart from the fact that he was married to my sister, it was a beautiful relationship. We started to eat together and even watch movies together. Afterall, sister Joyce was hardly ever at home.
Not that this was an excuse for me to "snatch" her husband... i mean, i don't think i snatched Uncle Charles. I just had to do it. I had to keep him comfortable so he won't leave sister. And the man is not a bad man at all. I'm telling you...he makes it difficult for anyone to hate him.
Okay...i have to admit that there are times i wish that i was married to him instead of my sister. Oh and not to mention the countless times i have gone on my knees begging God to forgive me.

We have tried to stop sooooooo many times. I think we just kinda fell for each other.

(sighs)

I know you want to know how we got found out right?

(sobs)

Everything happened so quickly...I never meant for any of this...

Everything fell apart just last week and here i am.

Story continues......

Iwe na-ewe gi o, make I no lie you. Na wetin make my doctor vex last time. My bp jus spoil d man machine because of suspense. E no good o sad
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:42am On Aug 29, 2012
Raggedy_Ann:

`shallow in terms of originality` do you even know what you are talking about? And you got the audacity to diss a writer! Writing is an art, the plot can thicken if desired, but clearly this writer has told the story beautifully. That's skills - take a simple plot and deliver it in good style, imaginative writing and keep the reader wanting to get to the end. Give some credit here!
thank u,as an African writers we write wat we see in most of our daily live,u can't expect an african girl like me to write about the likes of Harry potter,I hv neva been to london and my imagination can go beyond my own continent.Yes I can do research about places and people but it depends on who iam writting for (my audience).wena hu said this is rubbish go back to high school and ask for ur fee change because u r so clueless about creative writting.Kind regards Proudly Lesotho breed writer
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by lekiiyah: 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2012
I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband PART 6

It is funny how things go wrong. If i saw this coming, I would not have gone into it in the first place. But i guess that's what we all say.

Three months far in pregnancy and i had no clue! Sounds strange, huh?
You know what...now i think it is God's way of punishing me for what i did.

I noticed that i had put on a bit of weight. This i attributed to the fact that i was home on holiday from school. All i did was laze around the house.. take care of Nnamdi.. and get spoilt by my dearest Uncle Charles. He even complimented me a couple of times on my new full-figure. That only caused me to blush.

I am still trying to wrap my mind around it. I mean, i was seeing my period na. Although the doctor said it is possible in some rare cases. He said that a woman who is pregnant could sometimes spot or bleed, and this could even be a medical condition and life-threatening at worst.

I'm sure you want to know how the truth came out. Well, i'll tell you....

I had fallen sick. It was malaria. Ofcourse, i had no idea i was pregnant so i wasn't taking care of myself like a pregnant woman should. So there i was, with fever, headaches and loss of apetite. Sweet uncle Charles had gone out to get me some malaria drugs when it first started. We were just going to watch and see if i got any better. Sister Joyce had noticed too. But as her usual self, she just kind of brushed it aside and told me to take my drugs and eat.

That particular Saturday morning... Oh God...I can't really explain how it all happened.
Sister Joyce was still passed out in her bedroom.. They now slept in different bedrooms. So she was sha still sleeping, she had come back very late and very drunk the previous night.

By now it had been a week since my illness started. I had managed to get out of bed to make breakfast for the whole family. I sat in the kitchen to eat mine and that was when i vomitted and fainted.

Next thing i remembered was I woke up in the hospital. There was a nurse there checking on my drip when my eyes opened. I greeted her and asked her where i was and how i got there and where was uncle Charles. "Who brought me here? ,i asked". And with the most distasteful tone, she responded "Your elder sister and her husband are with the doctor". And then she walked away. I could have sworn she gave me a bad look. Anyway, i was too tired to respond. All i thought to myself was how rude nurses can be. Mscheeewwww.

Next thing i hear is a lday shouting down the hall way...

"SHE'S AWAKE, EH?!!"

NO OOOOO.... LEAVE ME. I MUST SEE HER. LET HER KNOW WHAT SHE HAS DONE."

I tried to sit up, but my head was banging. SO i just lay back down and kept listening. I figured it was Sister's voice. But why was she shouting?

The door flung open and she was stood screaming at me. The doctor and Uncle Charles were trying to restrain her.

"EVIL GIRL.... LovePeddler! AFTER ALL I HAVE DONE FOR YOU....IS THIS HOW YOU REPAY ME? WICKED GIRL!!!"

What had i done to deserve all this, i thought to myself.
I looked at the doctor and then at uncle Charles. "What's the matter uncle?"

YOU ARE PREGNANT!

I can't even remember who said it. All i know was that the room suddenly went dark as i slipped into the abyss of unconciousness...

STORY CONTINUES................
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 06, 2012
It's true ehn. This story is engaging.
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
Gal pls continue
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by Harmonyemerald(f): 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
Wah is happening in the house now
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by lekiiyah: 11:17am On Sep 12, 2012
I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband PART 7

I had fled from the house in the heat of shouts and arguments between Uncle Charles and Sister Joyce. I just couldn't bear it.
Sister Joyce was threatening to ruin my life...as if it had not been ruined already.

I didn't know where i was going. It was late...about 11pm at night. I didn't even take my things. I just took some money and left. I don't think they even realised i had left. They were shouting too loud. Well, Sister Joyce was the one shouting the most. Not that i blamed her though.

"Aunty where you dey go na?", asked Mohammed the gateman. "Wait make i call taxi for you."

I told him not to worry, as i sped past the gate and unto the dark street ahead. I figured I would walk down to the road and get a bus heading to Yaba. I had never bveen there before. But i remembered my friend Cynthia who was studying at Unilag. She used to live next door with her aunty until she got admission. She had always asked me to visit but i just felt Yaba was so far. You know i was a village girl, and Lagos always seemed to be a massive and scary place.

I got to the main road. I could see a bus stop across the road. I just figured i would wait there until a bus came. Maybe the conductor would give me directions.

Where did the car come from? Was it the tears in my eyes that blurred my vision? Was it the anxiety that clouded my sense of judgement? All i know is that i stepped unto the main express way to cross to the other side and a car came from no where... I was hit!

Story continues..............
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hmmmm,I hope we won't have to wait another 5days for the next chapter
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Hmmmm,I hope we won't have to wait another 5days for the next chapter

Yeah, me too.
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by lekiiyah: 1:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband PART 8

My eyes opened. My blood pressure must have increased because i woke up to the sound of the machine blaring. I figured i was in the hospital, but why?

Uncle Charles came rushing into the room with the doctor. Apparently he was in the room with me when the noise from the machine started so he ran off to get the doctor. I tried to speak to him.

Why am i here, i asked? I got hit by a car. How did you find me?

He looked at me in a strange manner, and glanced back at the doctor. I heard the doctor tell him not to worry. He was checking my pulse. He said it is common for people who have been unconscious to be a bit confused when they wake up. "I'd advise you to take your time and explain things to her."

What did he mean by that? Explain what?

What's wrong with me Uncle Charles? What do you need to explain?

His eyes fell. I could tell it was something bad. Then i remembered sister Joyce calling me names.

Why was sister calling me names the other time? She called me a LovePeddler.... Wait...I remember.... And before i could say it, he confirmed my memory as he said .."You are pregnant. Nkechi, you are pregnant for me."

Does sister know it is yours? I asked.

"Yes. I told her while you were unconscious. You've been asleep for two days now. I had to stay with you to make sure nothing happened because she was threatening all sorts. Life is ironical. It took a situation like this to keep that woman at home. Do you know she has not left the house since? She finally remembers Nnamdi is her son." He shook his head and sighed deeply.

And just like that...Like a bolt of lightening, reality hit me. I had messed up my life, practically ruined my sister's marriage and now i am carrying a child who will be brought into all this mess. I mean, i can't plan to marry Uncle Charles. God forbid. I mean i love him. I know it's pathetic but he really is a good man, and i have developed strong feelings for him. But the weight of my guilt and what i have done far surpasses all that.

Maybe he could read my mind, because he reached for my hand and held it softly. He told me he was going to be there for me no matter what. "Nkechi, I won't ask you to do anything to endanger your life. I will take care of you and make sure that nothing happens to you or the...."

My tears must have stopped him. But i couldn't tell him my thoughts. I just smiled.

The doctor had left but just came back in to check me again. Uncle Charles asked when i could be discharged and he said i ought to be observed for one more week. But seeing as i was talking properly and had regained full memory, i could leave sooner.

That's when the thought hit me. I couldn't go back to that house. Not after all this.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Two days later, I was to be discharged and Uncle Charles had come to pick me up.

"Where can i take you to? He asked. Should i lodge you in a hotel?"

I could see he was a bit worried because i had not spoken about the pregnancy.

That was when i asked him to bring me here. You are my friend and I need your help. Yes i made a mistake and i was very foolish. I have created such a mess and I refuse for an innocent child to be brought into it. Please advice me. What should i do?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Many thanks to all who have followed the story so far. Apologies for the long breaks. I write during my leisure time. I have summarized the end, lest it tarries longer...

*The story above is based on a true life story, but changed a bit to encourage active thought and conversation. In the real story, "Nkechi" fled the house during the night of the arguments. She had boarded a bus to return home to her family in the village, but she never made it. The bus had an accident. Nkechi died on the spot.*

Thanks for reading. Cheers.
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by Catchfire1: 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
lekiiyah: I have created such a mess and I refuse for an innocent child to be brought into it. Please advice me. What should i do?

YOU REFUSE?? angry angry

Dont let me swear for you o!
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by 1manssquard(m): 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
Meeeeeen. Dis ur 9ija movie go reach season 4 oooo cos dis one don pass part, na seasonal movie
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by EllaGold35(f): 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
Ur narrative techniques nd storylines are predictable..
Keep it up th0'...i like it
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by shakespen: 5:53pm On Sep 30, 2014
You can write your authored books, article, and songs at www.shakespen.com .Its modular writing format especially makes it easier to write books and maintain your audience. Imagine when your books are read in chapters and pages and got a book-cover too. Sign up and learn all wonderful tools ShakesPen has to offer.
Re: I'm Pregnant For My Sister's Husband by Palchukwy: 9:23am On Feb 01, 2015
Did she died for real

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Day I Will Never Forget / Alawiye Apa Kinni De Ikefa - Share Ur Stories. No Butty Allowed In / Ruby's Search For Romance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.