Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,005 members, 7,803,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

The Wodaabe People - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Wodaabe People (55082 Views)

The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) / See The Fulani Wodaabe And Tuareg Kel-tamasheq Getting Along In Dance And Drum / Wodaabe Tribe & Fulani Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 12, 2012
grin grin grin why am i laughing
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 3:19am On Sep 13, 2012
hornipipe: grin grin grin why am i laughing

Because you love my thread and it excites you lol.
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2012
Lol cheesy
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 2:06am On Sep 14, 2012
i cannot believe my thread got derailed. undecided
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 2:19am On Sep 14, 2012
cry
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 2:24am On Sep 14, 2012
hornipipe: cry

yeah, i guess i will just have to make a blog or something. undecided
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 2:27am On Sep 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

yeah, i guess i will just have to make a blog or something. undecided
what happened to here?
Re: The Wodaabe People by somalia5: 2:58am On Sep 14, 2012
awawwe ama sowwwy jamo.

mr cleo predicts ur next thread gonna be fine.
Re: The Wodaabe People by BlackKenichi(m): 2:48am On Sep 15, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Somewhat.

(Present day) NILO-SAHARAN MAP:

They are descendants of nomadic peoples who migrated from central east Africa thousands of years ago.

Same with all Niger-Kordofanian speaking West Africans in general. Many scientists believe the West African/Niger Kordofanian Y gene E1b1a is said to have first appeared around Central Sudan (the Darfur and Kurdufan area)
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E1b1a_%28Y-DNA%29[/url]
Also the "Proto" Niger Kordofanian Language is very old. Niger Kordofanian languages were spoken before West Africans were in West Africa.

1 Like

Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 3:52am On Sep 15, 2012
Black Kenichi:

Same with all Niger-Kordofanian speaking West Africans in general. Many scientists believe the West African/Niger Kordofanian Y gene E1b1a is said to have first appeared around Central Sudan (the Darfur and Kurdufan area)
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_E1b1a_%28Y-DNA%29[/url]

Also the "Proto" Niger Kordofanian Language is very old. Niger Kordofanian languages were spoken before West Africans were in West Africa.

Exactly. Thanks for the info. smiley
All Africans migrated from the East.
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 4:42am On Sep 15, 2012

1 Like

Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 4:45am On Sep 15, 2012
[size=18pt]Boyz II Men.[/size] grin

1 Like

Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 4:49am On Sep 15, 2012

1 Like

Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 17, 2012
hornipipe: cry

awe. tongue
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 17, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

awe. tongue

missing me? wink
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 17, 2012
hornipipe: missing me? wink

?
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 17, 2012
hey MsDark, you good? funny to see this thread, as i was educating a deluded poster about Tattoos running deep in the African culture/tribes.......and the wodaabe tribe is one of such tribes that have been tatooing themselves in Africa.

1 Like

Re: The Wodaabe People by cantell(m): 11:54am On Sep 17, 2012
MRbrownJAY: hey MsDark, you good? funny to see this thread, as i was educating a deluded poster about Tattoos running deep in the African culture/tribes.......and the wodaabe tribe is one of such tribes that have been tatooing themselves in Africa.
Crazyman is lurking around. You don't wanna spite him.
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2012
^^^lol, with a name like Crazyman, and a delusional (and norrow minded) way of thinking, the only place such type of people can be found is in the "looney" section (aka the religion section).
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2012
MRbrownJAY: hey MsDark, you good? funny to see this thread, as i was educating a deluded poster about Tattoos running deep in the African culture/tribes.......and the wodaabe tribe is one of such tribes that have been tatooing themselves in Africa.

Yessir. Tattooing is far from new on the African continent. In fact one can even argue that scarification, also prevalent in africa, is the predecessor of tatoos.
Re: The Wodaabe People by JallowBah(f): 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
My husband, who some know is a fulani, complimented me because of my chest tattoos. It reminded him of him older family-member who has passed now, who used to decorate the whole chest, some of the face, and shoulders with tattoos.

It beautiful.
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
^^yes the Fulanis is also one of the tribe i mentionned, and a tribe that is big on tattoos.

MsDarkSkin: Yessir. Tattooing is far from new on the African continent. In fact one can even argue that scarification, also prevalent in africa, is the predecessor of tatoos.

come on, you know how deluded some people are.....they will tell you that scarification is cultural, and therefore different than Tattoo.....while they fail to understand that the oldest record of tattooing in the history of mankind is on a 5000yrs old AFRICAN mummy found in Egypt.

2 Likes

Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^yes the Fulanis is also one of the tribe i mentionned, and a tribe that is big on tattoos.

come on, you know how deluded some people are.....they will tell you that scarification is cultural, and therefore different than Tattoo.....while they fail to understand that the oldest record of tattooing in the history of mankind is on a 5000yrs old AFRICAN mummy found in Egypt.

Lol exactly.

Seriously what do these ppl think the ancients used to do to get the tatoo? Scarification was the first step and natural hennas, powders and inks were applied to the fresh wounds or torn skin to give them the dark color. Because the flesh was pierced once it healed (scab formed) the marks and color became permanent.

Anyone who claims the two to be different is in denial. Its comical the lengths ppl will go to discredit ancient african history. grin
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
JallowBah: My husband, who some know is a fulani, complimented me because of my chest tattoos. It reminded him of him older family-member who has passed now, who used to decorate the whole chest, some of the face, and shoulders with tattoos.

It beautiful.

Did you get it prior to meeting him? smiley
Re: The Wodaabe People by Fulaman198(m): 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^yes the Fulanis is also one of the tribe i mentionned, and a tribe that is big on tattoos.

For your information, Wodaabe are Fulani, and Fulani are not a tribe, we are an ethnic group comprised of many different groups.

Wodaabe are Mbororo (which I also am), they are one of the 20 or so Mbororo sub-groups in Eastern West Africa.
Re: The Wodaabe People by JallowBah(f): 6:22pm On Sep 17, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Did you get it prior to meeting him? smiley

Yessmiley Adn at first, he told me he felt I had enough tats, and should re-consider getting more.
Now, he understand it, and supports it. I have plans for many, many for the whole body, different places and sizes.
Re: The Wodaabe People by Fulaman198(m): 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2012
JallowBah, do you know this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_vF8leoyPM
Re: The Wodaabe People by JallowBah(f): 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2012
Fulaman198: JallowBah, do you know this guy:

My husband has played this music in our housesmiley

1 Like

Re: The Wodaabe People by Fulaman198(m): 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2012
JallowBah:

My husband has played this music in our housesmiley

Yep smiley he is one of the best Fulani musicians in the world
Re: The Wodaabe People by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2012
OK you guys let's get back on topic. smiley
Re: The Wodaabe People by somalia5: 7:52am On Sep 20, 2012
*Kails*:
OK you guys let's get back on topic. smiley

No such thing as negroid beauty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet Taiwo Oyebola Agbona, Regent Of Aaye Town In Ondo State / Oba Obateru Akinruntan's Rolls Royce (Photos) / Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.