Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

The Wodaabe People - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Wodaabe People (55103 Views)

The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) / See The Fulani Wodaabe And Tuareg Kel-tamasheq Getting Along In Dance And Drum / Wodaabe Tribe & Fulani Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Re: The Wodaabe People by morpheus24: 10:12pm On May 18, 2015
providence338:

Interesting. I would go so far as to say that even in the Old Testament times, at least until the rise of the Greek empire circa 300BC, North Africa was 100% Black.
Your response of just how 'mixed' the North Africans became opened the door to more questions. smiley
But I'm still waiting for your response to my first 2.
So what say you about the Fulani's presence during Biblical times, circa 2k-4kya. Are they the Libyans? Canaanites? Cretians? Ludims?
Were these the people of Phoenician Carthage (Tunisia) circa 800BC? Or the Berber kingdom of Numidia (Libya) in 200 BC?
What were they called by the classic historians or Biblical and/or Islamic authors in ancient times?
I don' think the Fulani were Libyans or Cannanites. See depictions on picture below

Egyptian drawings picture Libyans quite differently from your typical Fulani looking person. They and Canaanites were very likely mostly sea peoples from the meditereanean coasts who migrated to African coastal shores and settled. You see Egyptians do picture themselves a little differently on the pics but I see them as intermediary to the Nubian/Sudanese and the Canaanite.

I do believe the Fulani and other ethnic groups did inhabit North Africa but I believe climatic conditions would have pushed them further West of Africa to the Savanna regions but over time they resettled and mingled with new tribes that inhabited the Sahara.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Wodaabe People by providence338: 3:25am On May 19, 2015
morpheus24:

I don' think the Fulani were Libyans or Cannanites. See depictions on picture below

Egyptian drawings picture Libyans quite differently from your typical Fulani looking person. They and Canaanites were very likely mostly sea peoples from the meditereanean coasts who migrated to African coastal shores and settled. You see Egyptians do picture themselves a little differently on the pics but I see them as intermediary to the Nubian/Sudanese and the Canaanite.

I do believe the Fulani and other ethnic groups did inhabit North Africa but I believe climatic conditions would have pushed them further West of Africa to the Savanna regions but over time they resettled and mingled with new tribes that inhabited the Sahara.

Thanks.

However, that picture is a famous fraud. The tomb of Sety that depicted the so-called races of men looked exactly like this:

http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/The_mind/Conditioning_of_the_mind.htm

Other pics of Libyans, including the 23rd Dynasty rulers of Input and Shishak (or Shoshenq) looked like this:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet Taiwo Oyebola Agbona, Regent Of Aaye Town In Ondo State / Oba Obateru Akinruntan's Rolls Royce (Photos) / Oba Of Benin's Wife, Queen Ewuare Places A Curse On Online Scammer (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.