Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Supply Chain Management OR Project Management - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Supply Chain Management OR Project Management (5234 Views)

M.sc. (business) Management Or An MBA / Oil And Gas Management Or Environmental And Biochemical Toxicology / Logistics Or Supply Chain Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supply Chain Management OR Project Management by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
Good day all,
i want to ask the professionals in the house especially those in the oil and gas sector,
i am finding it difficult to make up my mind which of this certification to take
Project management... from APM group ltd. Project in controlled environment 2nd Edition(PRINCE 2)
Supply chain management....from Chartered institute of purchasing and supply (CIPS) international certificate in purchasing and supply.

while both seems to be very good certifications, i am at a cross roads because right now i can only get one of them due to financial constraints.
as a graduate of mechanical Engineering, there are three areas i have narrowed my career aspirations to.
i.e cost, planning & management, Design.
but some how they seem to be inter related.
thats why i am asking experienced professionals in the house to help guide my choices.
do i start by focusing on supply chain management career path which might also lead me into a project management role in future,
or do i focus on project management, which could also land me into the supply chain management career path.

from questions i have asked, i have been told that having a good knowledge of supply chain management, could help me in project management and vice versa.

but i want your advices to be based on the following criteria
which, between project management and supply chain management has/is more
1. available opportunities for entry level
2. demanding and challenging.
3. opportunities in oil and gas

thanks.
Re: Supply Chain Management OR Project Management by yamakuza: 10:30am On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Supply Chain Management OR Project Management by CISMINFO: 5:20pm On Nov 20, 2015
What Project Management Qualification Should I Take?

Chartered Project Management Professional (CPMP). This qualification is for anyone with at least six months project management experience. It is particularly suited to people working as a project team member, as part of a project management office, or has just accepted project management as part of their role.

CPMP can be achieved by following 7 weekends course, with candidates required to sit a three-hour written exam. A person taking the qualification may or may not have some prior knowledge and experience of project management.

CPMP covers a broad range of topics including project stakeholder management, project management plan, project risk management, change control, estimating, business case, procurement, communication, negotiation and more.

This is a good place to start because the entry criteria are easier than other qualifications, and the broad range of topics covered give a good grounding for success in project management.

You can apply for CIPM Executive Graduate Conversion Programme, by downloading the Membership Application form via the website: www.cipmglobal.org

Executive Graduate Conversion Programme For Whom?
The Graduate Conversion Programme, is a Fast Track Direct membership programme for holders of Advanced Diploma, HND, PGD, Bachelor’s Degrees, Masters Degrees with minimum of 2 years working experience in Project Management, Operations Mgt, Production, Procurement and Supply Chain Management. Or any other professional bodies certificate approved by the
governing council for time to time.

Lectures Days & Time:
The programme is on weekend (Sat. 10am – 5pm) only.

Methods of Application:
You can down load Membership Application Form via the institute website www.cipmglobal.org then payment could be made in Cash at the office of the institute or in bank draft only in favour of the institute completed application form should be send to the institute.

Course/Subjects:
1. Introduction of Project Management
2. Project life Cycle and Organization
3. Project Management Processes
4. Project Integration Management
5. Project Scope Management
6. Project Time & Cost Management
7. Project Quality & Risk Management
8. Project Human Resources Management
9. Project Communication Management
10. Project Procurement Management
11. Case Study

Certification:
At the end of the programme, the institute will issued all successful Graduates an Associate Membership Certificate of the institute:

- Associate Chartered Institute of Project Management (ACIPM)

Designation:
- Chartered Project Management Professional (CPMP)

Installmental Payment:
The course fee can be paid on installments.

………….. Enhance your career; it pays to be a Chartered Project Management Professional, (CPMP).

All enquires on CPMP certification and membership should be addressed to cipmnigeria@cipmglobal.org

Yours Faithfully,

Samuel, O. Masebinu,
B.Sc, MBA, M.Phil, (Panama), ACIPurS, ACIWM, ACMA, AMIMS (UK), AIPFM (UK), ACPA, CPM (USA), CPMP, MCISM (Ghana), MCILT, FBMA (London), FCIMS (Doctoral Fellow) USA.
Country Manager,
Chartered Institute of Project Management,
N0. 57, Isheri Road Aguda Ogba,
by County bus stop Ikeja Lagos.
Email: cipmnigeria@cipmglobal.org
www.cipmglobal.org
Re: Supply Chain Management OR Project Management by CISMINFO: 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2015
What Project Management Qualification Should I Take?

Chartered Project Management Professional (CPMP). This qualification is for anyone with at least six months project management experience. It is particularly suited to people working as a project team member, as part of a project management office, or has just accepted project management as part of their role.

CPMP can be achieved by following 7 weekends course, with candidates required to sit a three-hour written exam. A person taking the qualification may or may not have some prior knowledge and experience of project management.

CPMP covers a broad range of topics including project stakeholder management, project management plan, project risk management, change control, estimating, business case, procurement, communication, negotiation and more.

This is a good place to start because the entry criteria are easier than other qualifications, and the broad range of topics covered give a good grounding for success in project management.

You can apply for CIPM Executive Graduate Conversion Programme, by downloading the Membership Application form via the website: www.cipmglobal.org

Executive Graduate Conversion Programme For Whom?
The Graduate Conversion Programme, is a Fast Track Direct membership programme for holders of Advanced Diploma, HND, PGD, Bachelor’s Degrees, Masters Degrees with minimum of 2 years working experience in Project Management, Operations Mgt, Production, Procurement and Supply Chain Management. Or any other professional bodies certificate approved by the
governing council for time to time.

Lectures Days & Time:
The programme is on weekend (Sat. 10am – 5pm) only.

Methods of Application:
You can down load Membership Application Form via the institute website www.cipmglobal.org then payment could be made in Cash at the office of the institute or in bank draft only in favour of the institute completed application form should be send to the institute.

Course/Subjects:
1. Introduction of Project Management
2. Project life Cycle and Organization
3. Project Management Processes
4. Project Integration Management
5. Project Scope Management
6. Project Time & Cost Management
7. Project Quality & Risk Management
8. Project Human Resources Management
9. Project Communication Management
10. Project Procurement Management
11. Case Study

Certification:
At the end of the programme, the institute will issued all successful Graduates an Associate Membership Certificate of the institute:

- Associate Chartered Institute of Project Management (ACIPM)

Designation:
- Chartered Project Management Professional (CPMP)

Installmental Payment:
The course fee can be paid on installments.

………….. Enhance your career; it pays to be a Chartered Project Management Professional, (CPMP).

All enquires on CPMP certification and membership should be addressed to cipmnigeria@cipmglobal.org

Yours Faithfully,

Samuel, O. Masebinu,
B.Sc, MBA, M.Phil, (Panama), ACIPurS, ACIWM, ACMA, AMIMS (UK), AIPFM (UK), ACPA, CPM (USA), CPMP, MCISM (Ghana), MCILT, FBMA (London), FCIMS (Doctoral Fellow) USA.
Country Manager,
Chartered Institute of Project Management,
N0. 57, Isheri Road Aguda Ogba,
by County bus stop Ikeja Lagos.
Email: cipmnigeria@cipmglobal.org
www.cipmglobal.org

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help With ICAN EXAM Status Check / The Inadequacy Of Hard Skills / Cis Candidates In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.