Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail (9230 Views)

I See APC And CPC Splitting / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / ACN And CPC Have Failed To Reach An Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Idokojimmy: 10:25am On Aug 15, 2012
It is no longer news that some opposition Parties are working assiduously to see how they can dislodge PDP from power. Notable figures here include ACN and CPC. Recently, these parties reportedly held a meeting in Ghana, to fine tune the merger talk. But will the alliance work? If you ask me, I'll say their chances are slim. For instance,

1. They are yet to agree on a unified Party name. While some are suggesting ACTION CONGRESS ALLIANCE, some say it should be called CONGRESS FOR PROGRESSIVE ALLIANCE. Both parties want to dominate in the alliance.

2. Who will be the major financier of the party? Will the major contributor allow others to have a say?

3. They took the merger talk to Ghana, knowing quite well that Ghana doesn't support Nigeria. Aburi Accord held in Ghana didn't work, this may not work too.

4. The proposed Candidates to fly their flag are not sellable. Possible figures include ATIKU, BUHARI, BAKARE, ELRUFAI, AND TINUBU.

5. Lastly, the Northerners don't trust TINUBU, remember that he abandoned Ribadu when he needed them most. Can he be trusted now? Also, the Westerners have continuously asked, what is their place in the new order? In your opinion, will this merger/ alliance work?
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by princenayo: 10:45am On Aug 15, 2012
Cos the leadership of the two parties lost credibility and unnecessarily desperate.
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by OneNaira6: 10:55am On Aug 15, 2012
I see two reason: 1.) the leaders of both party aren't liked nor admired by anyone other than people from their region therefore it would be an impossible task to get support from the remaining regions. Secondly, I see both leaders stabbing eachother in the back; like princenayo stated, both leaders are desperate for power and I doubt one of them would step down and have a member from the other political party be the leader of this nation while his own political party members just sit in the background.
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by HammedSodiqq: 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hmmmmm. Watching o!
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2012
Idokojimmy: It is no longer news that some opposition Parties are working assiduously to see how they can dislodge PDP from power. Notable figures here include ACN and CPC. Recently, these parties reportedly held a meeting in Ghana, to fine tune the merger talk. But will the alliance work? If you ask me, I'll say their chances are slim. For instance,
1. They are yet to agree on a unified Party name. While some are suggesting ACTION CONGRESS ALLIANCE, some say it should be called CONGRESS FOR PROGRESSIVE ALLIANCE. Both parties want to dominate in the alliance.
2. Who will be the major financier of the party? Will the major contributor allow others to have a say?
3. They took the merger talk to Ghana, knowing quite well that Ghana doesn't support Nigeria. Aburi Accord held in Ghana didn't work, this may not work too.
4. The proposed Candidates to fly their flag are not sellable. Possible figures include ATIKU, BUHARI, BAKARE, ELRUFAI, AND TINUBU.
5. Lastly, the Northerners don't trust TINUBU, remember that he abandoned Ribadu when he needed them most. Can he be trusted now? Also, the Westerners have continuously asked, what is their place in the new order? In your opinion, will this merger/ alliance work?

1. Any body expecting to agree will have to shed tears of disappointment. These politicians do not have the interest of Nigeria at heart but just their selfish dreams.

2. It is winner take it all. The more money you bring, the more you decided who should be president, Vice down to the counsellor. You can even decided the governor of a system where you are not from.

3. That Ghana hosted the Aburi accord does not translate to hate for Nigeria. Besides, it was the then President who made it happen. Besides, if Aburi accord was honoured, we won't be where we are today still thinking about whether we should be one country or not.

4. Now you are making me to laugh. did you say ATIKU, BUHARI, BAKARE, ELRUFAI, AND TINUBU? mmmmmmmh. Laughter shall never end. I will keep insisting that if the these are the kind of great minds that the opposition can produce, then OBJ go still dey laf.

5. The northern issue is now more complex than before. The minorities in the Middle Belt are defining their own identity. It is not like before again.
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by HammedSodiqq: 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
noblezone:

1. Any body expecting to agree will have to shed tears of disappointment. These politicians do not have the interest of Nigeria at heart but just their selfish dreams.

2. It is winner take it all. The more money you bring, the more you decided who should be president, Vice down to the counsellor. You can even decided the governor of a system where you are not from.

3. That Ghana hosted the Aburi accord does not translate to hate for Nigeria. Besides, it was the then President who made it happen. Besides, if Aburi accord was honoured, we won't be where we are today still thinking about whether we should be one country or not.

4. Now you are making me to laugh. did you say ATIKU, BUHARI, BAKARE, ELRUFAI, AND TINUBU? mmmmmmmh. Laughter shall never end. I will keep insisting that if the these are the kind of great minds that the opposition can produce, then OBJ go still dey laf.
You have opened my eyes to new realities. Good analysis.

5. The northern issue is now more complex than before. The minorities in the Middle Belt are defining their own identity. It is not like before again.
You have opened my eyes to new realities. Good analysis.
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Freiburger(m): 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
@ topic, O.k
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by ismhab(m): 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
THE ATTACK LION PLUS 40 LAPTOP AT WORK.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by 2rutalk1: 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
ACN and CPC alliance cannot stand. The two parties are regional parties with different selfish ideologies.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by lacasa: 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
PDP must go!!

Nigerians are tired of this vampire party

13years of PDP with failure as its trademark

Once ACN/CPC finish their merger, surely the North will go wt CPC & the South West will go fσr ACN =CPC/ACN

The SS/SE are the confused lot, but the SW/North is enough fσr them.

PDP r.i.p grin

CPC/ACN, let's go tђere cool

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by lacasa: 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
ismhab: THE ATTACK LION PLUS 40 LAPTOP AT WORK.

Lwkm..gringringrin
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Afam4eva(m): 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
@OP
Just shut up and let the merger become a reality first before you start running your mouth. You sound like you're afraid of the threat the merger will pose.

9 Likes

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Joeadamu86: 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
It's already a failed project....the Ogas in the two parties are selfish people with their regional agenda in mind,it will be an unholy alliance...
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by mratom: 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
becouse ACN chieftains are TRAITORS
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by strangest(m): 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
There will no election 2015. Tunde Bakare

Best prophesy so far cos GEJ will continue to rule.... smiley

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by dedeike: 3:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
I wouldnt want the alliance to fail. I want it to succeed so that the opposition can be strengthened. It's healthy for our democracy. But unfortunately, the merger of ACN and CPC is of no consequence. The last time I checked, ACN controlled only 6 states while CPC has only one.

So the merger of ACN and CPC is a merger of two weak parties and can only result in a mega weak party. The likes of Buhari, Bakare, Tinubu and El Rufai will only succeed in aggregating their collective weaknesses and greed into the party.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Tayo114: 3:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
I think both parties have learnt their lesson, now they can do smthing if they cincere to Nigerian pple. I trust Baba Tinibu more than evry politician in niga, it's my own opinion and i dnt force anybdy to agree with me,buy buy
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by amosy007: 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
If dey like make dem merge, if dem like make dem dabaru everything.. E no concern me.. As long as they present fashola 4 2015 ..(fashola or no one else)
The rest of their politricks no concern me

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by 2mch(m): 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
Idokojimmy: It is no longer news that some opposition Parties are working assiduously to see how they can dislodge PDP from power. Notable figures here include ACN and CPC. Recently, these parties reportedly held a meeting in Ghana, to fine tune the merger talk. But will the alliance work? If you ask me, I'll say their chances are slim. For instance,

Ok we have heard your part. Now it is up to Nigerian's and the alliance to prove you wrong. Right? Atiku is PDP By the way. A lot of conjecture and fear in your post. We live in a democratic environment. Every Nigerian, if qualified can run for office. The office of the president is fair game.
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Esss(m): 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
Whats the point?!! Wether they call themselves CCC, ACC or CPN, the first problem that all the opposition have is ethinic divide.. The only Uniting political Party in Nigeria till tomorrow remains the PDP. From the North to the South. You cant call them an Igbo Party like APGA, cant call them an Yoruba Party like ACN (& AD), Cant call them a Cattlfucking Party like CPC...

Secondly, the PDP might have produced crooked leaders, but the other advantage they have is that they have their house in other.. Who ever runs shiit in the PDP (Obasanjo) has his machine working at optimum efficiency.. Even if the party principals dont like it, they always seem to put party interest above theirs.. If you no gree, they evict you like Atiku.

The Igbos will never vote for a CPC & ACN coalition party.. Dont forget that the ethinicity that both parties represent have betrayed Ndi Igbos in the past especially the Yoruba one.. Ask for the South-South, their allegeance to the PDP is as solid as Rock.. They may elect an ACN governor, but the presidency belongs to the PDP.

All the top gunners in the coalition party are not widely acceptable.. Not BUHARI (The war monger and NYSC killer), El-Rufai (The Boko Haram Sympatiser), Bakare (the two-tongued Political Pastor), Tinubu (the Yoruba criminal)...

The PDP already owns the East and the South-south.. The Middle belt will go to the PDP, The northern votes will be split and majority of the Western votes will also go to PDP.. In the end, PDP wins yet again... Jonathan till 2019... Fresh Breeze Campaign team wins!!!

9 Likes

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by MrCGPA(m): 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
In as much as am tired of PDP bulshit,nothing could make me vote for either El-rufai,Atiku or Bokohary. these are people that believe Nigeria is only for the North. what a failed amalgamation. there should look for better flag bearer not the aforementioned.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by eshman(m): 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
@idokojimmy, all these reasons u wrote are comon n normal reason among others parties(PDP,ANPP. Etc) too?
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
noblezone:

5. The northern issue is now more complex than before. The minorities in [b]the Middle Belt[/b]are defining their own identity. It is not like before again.
noted as yes, wit the recent statement credited to faruk which is divisive, and previous happening in southern kaduna, plateau esp the berom, tiv, bachama in adamawa, the tsiyawa of bauchi just to name a few, will be a big problem to the acn/cpc merger

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by CuteTj(m): 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
Some people label Tinubu a thief and Buhari a Terrorist;but do you realize that PDP has a full house of thieves and terrorists (check the list of those accused of looting and sponsoring terrorism). 13 years of PDP's rule and Nigeria has been ground to a halt (no meaningful development in all areas of life). I don't care if the merger fails; what i care about is PDP loosing its hold on Nigeria and dying a cruel death.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by BLACKPANTHER(m): 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
@ALL OF YOU,ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AND THE THINKABLE-TALKLESS OF THE UNTHINKABLE CAN BE POSSIBLE..........Y NOT WAIT FOR RESULT AFTER MOTIONS. THE COUNTRY IS SICK AND DEAD.....I KNOW SOMEONE WOULD SAY IT'LL BE BETTER. SO WHAT ARE U GUYZ ARGUING ABOUT....EH? WHAT CANT HAPPEN? BUHARI CANT BE PRESIDENT? BALOGUN IN THIS NIGERIA CANT BE PRESIDENT? WHO DECIDES WHAT IN NYJA? THE SELFISH ONE....U WANT PDP TO KEEP RULLING AND YOU DONT WANT THE OPPOSITION? WHO IS THE DEVIL? MUST WE BE MADE TO LOVE WHAT U DONT EVEN LIKE/OR U LIKE, MUST EVERY THING BE PDP? IF OPPOSITION DOENST RULE FOR ONCE/OR FROM TIME TO TIME, TELL ME PDPISTS,ARE IS THE COUNTRY REALLY DEMOCRATIC OR AUTOCRATIC...IN FACT WE CALL IT (AUTHORITARIAN ONE PARTY STATE) IN POLITICAL SCIENCE. SO PDP CANT ACCEPT DEFEAT ONCE. DID MICHAEL JORDAN PLAY BASKETBALL(NBA) FOR LIFE? BUT HE SET A STANDARD AND LEFT, AND THE OTHER STARS....SO WAIT FOR OUTCOMES OF EVENTS BEFORE YOU CONCLUDE OR YOU MAY BE DIGGING A GRAVE ON A ROOF(IF U WANT TO MANUOVERE EVENTS TO ONLY YOUR DESIRE).

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Meemeh(m): 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
On my Own View of Rating NON of This ACTORS were qualified to the system; their mind was so dark n rage
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Demdem(m): 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nothing is impossible in Politics. I pray it works. I'v had enough of the killer party.
Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Mekusnwa: 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
grin grin grin ochi ato gbuo m. I'm laughing in Igbo. Buhari and co are just a bunch of clowns. You are forming a party around Atiku, Tinubu, El Rufai & Bakare and expect the party to stand. LWKMD. Talk about a marriage between our corrupt icons and the politically naive.
Besides, I beg to ask, where are the south east and south south leaders in this formation? I guess Buhari has not learnt from his mistakes in 2011. He still thinks Nigeria to be only in the North West. Sorry.
Tomorrow if we return 90 % again for GEJ, they will cry foul. But they are forming their party now without reaching out to the South south and South East.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Esss(m): 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
CuteTj: Some people label Tinubu a thief and Buhari a Terrorist;but do you realize that PDP has a full house of thieves and terrorists (check the list of those accused of looting and sponsoring terrorism). 13 years of PDP's rule and Nigeria has been ground to a halt (no meaningful development in all areas of life). I don't care if the merger fails; what i care about is PDP loosing its hold on Nigeria and dying a cruel death.

If you say 13 years of PDP hasnt gotten us anywhere, then you are a fallacious liar and the truth is not in you...

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Dollarman101: 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
PDP has 27 states already with Anambra set for grabs next year. Even if dem like make they go merge with Democrats and Republicans, they no fit produce half presidency. grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why ACN And CPC Alliance Will Fail by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2012
lacasa: PDP must go!!

Nigerians are tired of this vampire party

13years of PDP with failure as its trademark

Once ACN/CPC finish their merger, surely the North will go wt CPC & the South West will go fσr ACN =CPC/ACN

The SS/SE/MB are the confused lot, but the SW/North is enough fσr them.

PDP r.i.p grin

CPC/ACN, let's go tђere cool
i added the above MB-MIDDLE BELT so readdress your opinion wit that and you know MB are a deciding factor to in this political equation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maku Calls For Cancellation Of Nasarawa PDP Gubernatorial Primary Election / Cabinet Reshuffle: 50 Ministers Not Enough For Nigeria –NSE / I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.