Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,554 members, 7,809,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? (17245 Views)

Nairaland Spammers/scammers Report Thread / Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! / Spammers On Nairaland And My Former Classmate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2012
Hey Seun, I don't really want to burst your bubble when you claimed only those that posted their email on web pages

could get their email extracted and those that don't are safe. That illusion is right and wrong as well.Right because

those that post their email on web pages could get their emails extracted with ease and wrong because those that

don't post their emails on web pages can get their emails extracted even with an easier method but not common and

not known by many. Below is screenshot of how I extracted 606 emails addresses of nairaland members in 30

minutes even when my wireless internet connection was very slow due to bad weather .On this top left, you will see

the resume button. If I choose to click on that resume button, it will keep on exracting till infinity till the whole email

addresses of all nairaland members are extracted. I got these email addresses from a single web page and profile

of bella3. Not that bella3 profile has the magic potion to extract all emails. Any web page on this web is just enough.

Fortunately, my email address is second on that list and I have never posted my email on any web page of this

website. Amazing huh?

Now, here is the deal, nairaland has close to a million registered accounts and believe me, I can get the whole of

the one million emails assoiciated with the registered accounts extracted in less than 12 hours with a very fast

internet connection. On the top left, you would see statistics .i.e the total email addreses, time elapse and the rest.

On the left is the email addresses of nairaland members who never posted their emails on web page of this website.

Similary, I got 50 password of users in this website in little time but unfortunately could not get the other related log in

details i.e email or username along with the password.

I don't really know if it's an hack but I don't really take it to be one. I hack and do unbelievable stuffs with keyloggers

but don't see this as an hack cos it's to easy to be referred as one. I have tried on so many other websites and got

similar results but only facebook could not comply with the email extraction. There are some email extractors that is much more than just an "email extractor". Facebook is really solid in terms of

security and customers privacy because I think it is governed and protected by most of the greatest computer

wizards on the planet.

Don't mind my long notes. It's didn't really take my long to type cos I type real fast. Just improve on the website

security and goodluck! smiley

Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
@[033:0]
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 13, 2012
@[484:0]
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Knetpro(m): 8:27pm On Sep 23, 2012
Una be fool: Hey Seun, I don't really want to burst your bubble when you claimed only those that posted their email on web pages

could get their email extracted and those that don't are safe. That illusion is right and wrong as well.Right because

those that post their email on web pages could get their emails extracted with ease and wrong because those that

don't post their emails on web pages can get their emails extracted even with an easier method but not common and

not known by many. Below is screenshot of how I extracted 606 emails addresses of nairaland members in 30

minutes even when my wireless internet connection was very slow due to bad weather .On this top left, you will see

the resume button. If I choose to click on that resume button, it will keep on exracting till infinity till the whole email

addresses of all nairaland members are extracted. I got these email addresses from a single web page and profile

of bella3. Not that bella3 profile has the magic potion to extract all emails. Any web page on this web is just enough.

Fortunately, my email address is second on that list and I have never posted my email on any web page of this

website. Amazing huh?

Now, here is the deal, nairaland has close to a million registered accounts and believe me, I can get the whole of

the one million emails assoiciated with the registered accounts extracted in less than 12 hours with a very fast

internet connection. On the top left, you would see statistics .i.e the total email addreses, time elapse and the rest.

On the left is the email addresses of nairaland members who never posted their emails on web page of this website.

Similary, I got 50 password of users in this website in little time but unfortunately could not get the other related log in

I don't really know if it's an hack but I don't really take it to be one. I hack and do unbelievable stuffs with keyloggers

but don't see this as an hack cos it's to easy to be referred as one. I have tried on so many other websites and got

similar results but only facebook could not comply with the email extraction. There are some email extractors that is much more than just an "email extractor". Facebook is really solid in terms of

security and customers privacy because I think it is governed and protected by most of the greatest computer

wizards on the planet.

Don't mind my long notes. It's didn't really take my long to type cos I type real fast. Just improve on the website

This is amazing indeed! I really think that Seun has a big load of work on his lap with respect to security and ensuring the privacy of Nairalanders.

Like you said "Una be fool", goodluck Seun and the crew!
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Wislet(f): 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
Una be fool: Hey Seun, I don't really want to burst your bubble when you claimed only those that posted their email on web pages

website. Amazing huh?

wizards on the planet.

hmmmmmmmmm.
Serious.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Peterson1993(m): 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
WTF! shocked What a co-incidence. My email is on that list! I taught my email was safe on nairaland and all I see now is my email flying here there on a screenshot cry
I never placecd my email on any web page of the website for what ever reason so how the hell did this happen embarassed. @una be fool expatiate on how you did this. Will love to get nairalanders emails spammed without mercy for callously exposing my email to the public grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ritualists On Prowl In Osun / Latest Paying Ponzi Scheme / Seun Can We Have Cbox On Nairaland Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.