Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) (41295 Views)

Cosmic Ray Rumours / Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! / Breaking News : Cosmos Rays Visits Earth From Mars Tonight By 12:30am To 3:30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Emmysteve(m): 1:04am On Aug 16, 2012
kolajoo: Peeps. help with good dating site to work on. I no dey for this Cosmic Rays rumor jor
which dating site?
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Emmysteve(m): 1:05am On Aug 16, 2012
mykejones: Hehehehe..
Dem my paddies don switch off dia fones o.
Tor!
hahahahahaha
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by wewe1(m): 1:06am On Aug 16, 2012
leslieu63: The message above is clearly nothing more than just another HOAX. I don’t know why people are circulating panic messages such as this to disturb the lives of other people. From what I have noticed, this message has been circulating since 2008 and it suddenly reappeared today, 16 August 2012. I also received text messages containing this false information and saw similar Facebook posts. I did my own research and I have found no credible reports that confirm the claims in the warning message. There are no references to such a threat listed on credible scientific websites. I also checked the
NASA and BBC news today to see if they have posted something like this. Fortunately, both have never said such a thing and will never probably produce a similar baseless statement. Despite the claim in the message, there are several reasons to say that this information is untrue. First, Mars could not emit harmful radiation because it is not a star. Cosmic rays are emitted by stars. i.e bodies that are undergoing nuclear reactions that is fusion (as occurs in our sun) or fission (as occurs in nuclear reactors). Mars is neither. It is a planet that just reflects sunlight. It cannot emit cosmic radiation. Next, with regards to these rays the earth’s atmosphere is capable of taking care of them so no need to worry. The magnetosphere absorbs and protects us from the sun’s harmful radiation. Whatever remains is too feeble to affect any thing as far as earth. Another thing is that we are actually
hit by cosmic rays every day — all day (and night too). If it was going to hurt your cell, then it would have already fried it by now. Sometimes magnetic storms on the
sun will fry the electronics of
satellites in orbit, and may also blow
out the power grid in high latitudes
near the Earth’s magnetic poles, but
other than static, I don’t see what it might do to your cell phones. So, to anyone who will receive this kind of message, please think it over and help educate others. Spreading dubious and unsubstantiated warnings such as this is counterproductive and is unlikely to help anyone.

please tell them
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by adewasco2k(m): 1:07am On Aug 16, 2012
hyzicbond: Oya me self start my own- dont enter facebook, twitter, nairaland. We distributing 666 mark tomorrow
Dnt tell me u are the source of that....I just received a message about not having sex frm 1fth august to 20th august..sometin about 666 mark....lol
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by tadysmart(m): 1:09am On Aug 16, 2012
dguy in dcorner: I heard cosmic ray will enter the earth from mars tomorrow at 12:30am-1:30am,that we should switch off phones and keep it away from our sides. I also heard it's from BBC. Checked their website, found nothing. Pls,how true is this? [Phones]

Na MTN cause am 'o!! Na they free sms credit wey MTN dey give people.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by bayo22: 1:09am On Aug 16, 2012
It's just a rumor the message was sent to bbc years ago and it resurfaced again in april 2012 and now August . Cosmic ray is from stars and not planet . Pls na I believe their are scientist in da house I can't call now coz of the rumor
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Next2Bezee(m): 1:09am On Aug 16, 2012
Rumors, Rumors and more Rumors. A lot of Nigerians just naturally love bad news and when there's none they invent.

2 Likes

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by tadysmart(m): 1:11am On Aug 16, 2012
iamtheprincipal: I received the test too from a friend and I sent it out to some others, just to be on a safe side.

Rubbish!! Which safe side,no wonder people still fall victim of advance fee fraud aka 419
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by freecocoa(f): 1:12am On Aug 16, 2012
kolajoo:
freecocoa, freeurself from ya fone.
The cosmos ray too strong o,i dey try drop the phone but e no gree.

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Emmysteve(m): 1:12am On Aug 16, 2012
Pls where can i find cosmi ray to buy?

2 Likes

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:16am On Aug 16, 2012
freecocoa: The cosmos ray too strong o,i dey try drop the phone but e no gree.

From update text, if you dance Etigi un.clad on the street, the ray will not affect you. So try that one. Warning// Don't try Azonto, it will double the effect and you are on your own.
grin
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by webfocus(m): 1:16am On Aug 16, 2012
U av got a very funnny familygrin shocked
Ohislee: I got same info from my sist did night, her's was like,

we should switch off our phone between d hours of 11pm and 8am, I simply Ignored it despite caution from my mum.

Can U imagine she even threatened to cease my phonesad undecided

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Emmysteve(m): 1:17am On Aug 16, 2012
Viewing this topic: richoco_ent,
adewasco2k(m), 1.9ja(f),
dnawah, netghost, we we(m),
Joe 892, kolajoo(m), zipamowei
(m), Daybeecee(m), Next2Bezee
(m), adonisgold, soochukwu,
76Naira(m), freecocoa(f),
tadysmart(m), leslieu63(m),
osy77(m), thegoodjoehunt(m),
Brainrex(m), webfocus,
Goodness101(m), Emmysteve
(m) and 37 guest(s)
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by tadysmart(m): 1:21am On Aug 16, 2012
leslieu63: The message above is clearly nothing more than just another HOAX. I don’t know why people are circulating panic messages such as this to disturb the lives of other people. From what I have noticed, this message has been circulating since 2008 and it suddenly reappeared today, 16 August 2012. I also received text messages containing this false information and saw similar Facebook posts. I did my own research and I have found no credible reports that confirm the claims in the warning message. There are no references to such a threat listed on credible scientific websites. I also checked the
NASA and BBC news today to see if they have posted something like this. Fortunately, both have never said such a thing and will never probably produce a similar baseless statement. Despite the claim in the message, there are several reasons to say that this information is untrue. First, Mars could not emit harmful radiation because it is not a star. Cosmic rays are emitted by stars. i.e bodies that are undergoing nuclear reactions that is fusion (as occurs in our sun) or fission (as occurs in nuclear reactors). Mars is neither. It is a planet that just reflects sunlight. It cannot emit cosmic radiation. Next, with regards to these rays the earth’s atmosphere is capable of taking care of them so no need to worry. The magnetosphere absorbs and protects us from the sun’s harmful radiation. Whatever remains is too feeble to affect any thing as far as earth. Another thing is that we are actually
hit by cosmic rays every day — all day (and night too). If it was going to hurt your cell, then it would have already fried it by now. Sometimes magnetic storms on the
sun will fry the electronics of
satellites in orbit, and may also blow
out the power grid in high latitudes
near the Earth’s magnetic poles, but
other than static, I don’t see what it might do to your cell phones. So, to anyone who will receive this kind of message, please think it over and help educate others. Spreading dubious and unsubstantiated warnings such as this is counterproductive and is unlikely to help anyone.

You sef dey boring,why this long grammar. Summary pls
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by ikekings(m): 1:23am On Aug 16, 2012
Which one b dis sef......

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by tadysmart(m): 1:23am On Aug 16, 2012
Emmysteve: Viewing this topic: richoco_ent,
adewasco2k(m), 1.9ja(f),
dnawah, netghost, we we(m),
Joe 892, kolajoo(m), zipamowei
(m), Daybeecee(m), Next2Bezee
(m), adonisgold, soochukwu,
76Naira(m), freecocoa(f),
tadysmart(m), leslieu63(m),
osy77(m), thegoodjoehunt(m),
Brainrex(m), webfocus,
Goodness101(m), Emmysteve
(m) and 37 guest(s)

May be the cosmic ray don enter your medulla oblangata

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Jibwillz: 1:23am On Aug 16, 2012
dohyn: It's actually disheartening to see "educated" Nigerian youths re-sending such messages.I asked one of my contacts if she was gonna heed the message and she gave a reply akin to what jibwillz said.Anyways,if my phone's gonna change,I wouldn't mind Galaxy tab,so I'm gonna leave this phone on and pray for a miracle tonight.
Tz nt a jowkin marra ooo. Esp whn me mom made it sound sow rweal bƔ snatchn' err fone in d hse n tuk em' all tew d kitchen. Told er I nid few minz 2 round up wah I wz doin onlyn n she said owkay. Only 4 her 2 cme bk found me stil glued 2 ma fone as @ 1am prior 2 wah she tld me. She shout'd #eh! Iwo omo yi *Cosmic - cosmic*, n I wz lyk joor ooo: Cosmic kor, Cosmetic nii cheesycheesy

3 Likes

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by webfocus(m): 1:24am On Aug 16, 2012
angrywhy do rumours travel faster than news
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:24am On Aug 16, 2012
tadysmart:

You sef dey boring,why this long grammar. Summary pls

leslieu63:

The message above is clearly nothing more than just another HOAX. I don’t know why people are circulating panic messages such as this to disturb the lives of other people.
wink
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by jamace(m): 1:29am On Aug 16, 2012
I like this. Ok, I just contacted Doubting Thomas and he instructed me to leave my phones on to see what/how it will happen. grin

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by gucciangel(m): 1:30am On Aug 16, 2012
Na wa o, even some illiterates sabi pass some graduates o angry, i still dey wait for d cooosssmiiic raaaay....mtcheeeew
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by Kafprofiler(m): 1:31am On Aug 16, 2012
who dey spread dis kain rumour nw cosmic rays from mars wat of from jupiter ?laff wan kill me die (lwkmd)wch energy source dey mars wey e go dey emit cosmic rays abi d planet wan explode .cosmic rays come from stars n al dose kind of things nt planets bsides our planet receive dis rays dem steady sef n it gets depleted in our atmosphere no big deal . winkwho dey spread dis kain rumour nw cosmic rays from mars wat of from jupiter ?laff wan kill me die (lwkmd)wch energy source dey mars wey e go dey emit cosmic rays abi d planet wan explode .cosmic rays come from stars n al dose kind of things nt planets bsides our planet receive dis rays dem steady sef n it gets depleted in our atmosphere no big deal .

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by princemol: 1:39am On Aug 16, 2012
,cosmic ray ko, atomic bomb ni! Mtchew!!! grin grin
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by MrOldskoolJP(m): 1:48am On Aug 16, 2012
Oga cosmic or cosmos wey u na cos sleep don d catch me n I been wan see u b4 goin 2 bed,sha its like hold-up 4 mars or it took lagos-ibadan highway n d go-slow there na die. Cosmic stuff catcha lera cos it also applies african time*yawns*

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by dnawah(m): 1:48am On Aug 16, 2012
That rumor has been around since years back.mars is a plane,it cannot emit or radiat any ray.only stars & d sun do.these r bodies that are undergoing nuclear reaction,that is fusion(as in d sun).but thank God for the magnetossphere that protects the earth from those radiations.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by wildguy(m): 1:58am On Aug 16, 2012
Emmysteve: Pls where can i find cosmi ray to buy?

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by kolajoo(m): 2:03am On Aug 16, 2012
Emmysteve: which dating site?

Do you have any good dating site u wanna share out..
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by endoweddiva(f): 2:08am On Aug 16, 2012
Jibwillz:
Tz nt a jowkin marra ooo. Esp whn me mom made it sound sow rweal bƔ snatchn' err fone in d hse n tuk em' all tew d kitchen. Told er I nid few minz 2 round up wah I wz doin onlyn n she said owkay. Only 4 her 2 cme bk found me stil glued 2 ma fone as @ 1am prior 2 wah she tld me. She shout'd #eh! Iwo omo yi *Cosmic - cosmic*, n I wz lyk joor ooo: Cosmic kor, Cosmetic nii cheesycheesy

lwtmbfh.! NL is sure full of clowns.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by ismhab(m): 2:11am On Aug 16, 2012
Na typical lie.
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by dayokanu(m): 2:18am On Aug 16, 2012
This would be a good night for armed robbers or Boko Haram to strike cos even the police go don switch off their phones
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by princemol: 2:20am On Aug 16, 2012
wild guy:

grin grin
Raypower, alagbado grin grin grin
Re: Cosmic Rays To Enter The Earth From The Mars (Rumour) by princemol: 2:23am On Aug 16, 2012
Emmysteve: Pls where can i find cosmi ray to buy?
Raypower,alagbado grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Five Planets Align Perfectly, Visible Until End Of June ( Pics) / Huge Turtle Captured In Famgbe Yenagoa, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Boy Who Built Bicycle With Local Materials Gets Gift From Good Samaritan. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.